Page 12 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: New Nosgoth Game in Development: Confirmed

It's also noted that they will quite probably make something new out of it i.e. put new content in the lore the way they seem fit.
    The main cliche villains of nearly 99 % fantasy oriented games demons should the the first thing on the menu of yours.
    *cough* The Hylden pretty much claimed the "Demonic Presence" role within Nosgoth Lore... no need to add more of whats already there.

Nosgoth is not a mobile game. Also, we're mostly influenced by LoK:SR1... make of that what you will.
    Not a mobile game... Fantastic.

make of th.... You sir are a shameless tease ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Pillar of Balance View Post
    make of th.... You sir are a shameless tease ^.^
    Guilty as charged.

I really appreciate you George for taking the time to talk to us and putting our minds at ease--or at least make your best effort anyway. Admittedly I was repulsed by the thought of a multiplayer LOK title, but after reading a lot of the back and forth and the potential ideas about it, I'm really interested in what's to come. There are plenty of periods in Nosgoth's history where a multiplayer aspect would fit quite well. The Ancient Hylden war, and especially Kain's conquest of Nosgoth are perfect examples--though I think the Ancient/Hylden war would be an excellent way to lead back into the main LOK storyline.

It warms my heart to see how passionate you guys are about this series--as well you should! I'm looking forward to hearing more about what this game might be. Kudos to you guys!
    "I am everywhere...and nowhere. I am everything...and nothing. I am...fear itself!"

influenced by LoK:SR1
    This is the best official news that I've heard in the gaming industry for the past decade (or so). This is a huge moral boost for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Milky View Post
    This is the best official news that I've heard in the gaming industry for the past decade (or so). This is a huge moral boost for me.
    Yay! ^.^ Im glad some of the official news has pleased you.

I'm glad that you like positive outcomes

Quote Originally Posted by swordsicle View Post
    I may be spending more than a few sleepless nights playing against a few of YOU people
    Bring it on...I’ll be the one running away lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeythumbz View Post
    Yes

Nosgoth is not a mobile game. Also, we're mostly influenced by LoK:SR1... make of that what you will.
    Ohhh very interesting, interesting indeed, now you’ve got my brain going crazy!

In the words of Mr Burns...excellent. Thank you for answering my question, really appreciate you doing so and being here.

Can I please ask a few more questions? I understand if it is no comment answers and I know for a fact some of them will be. I have tried to keep them to non-content related as I know you won’t be able to answer those (but I do have loads of those too!).

Is there a plan for this to be a global release or will it be US and then Europe separate? (In UK/Europe we got Defiance about 4 months after the US which really did suck).

You said don’t think of the game as a single-player experience. Is it an online based game or not?

You said it was not a mobile game, will it be for current or next gen devices?

How long are we looking at before the game will be released (not looking for a date but can you say in terms of months or years)?

How many people are working on/developing the game?

Where is it being developed and which company(ies) are involved?

Who is the lead person, as in writer/director or is it a team effort?

Who are the artists involved on the design of this game?

You mentioned that there will be a separate forum for Nosgoth, will this still be on the Eidos forms or held elsewhere?

Will there be cool Nosgoth merchandise?

You have said you were a fan of LoK, what was the first LoK game you played in the series?

Next time you go to a meeting on this, can you wear a cape just because that’d be funny?

As they say “you don’t ask you don’t get” so thought I would thank you
    What I lack in intelligence I make up for with enthusiasm
    http://lucinvampireslair.blogspot.co.uk/

Yes

That sounds promising.

If it's in the SR1 era, maybe that means we'll get to see the Sanctuary of the Clans in it's full current/next gen glory. Maybe even before it was reduced to ruin along with other areas from that time. It would be amazing if you could recreate the Turelim clan territory from the information on www.thelostworlds.net and other places.

The SR1 era would also give lots of possibilities with regards to encounters with the bretheren. Assuming they're not playable, which would be even better.
    But here today we bleed, waiting for a bitter taste...
    ~ Carfax Abbey

Inspired by SR1 means derelict Cathedral for me. What really happened there is of great interest to me since that level is where I had a lot of gameplay...
    There's also the Dumahim war against the humans, the human initiative against the vampires.
    I see spears. I see clouds. I see the arrogance, fear, blood and warcry. I see wastelands and snow. Armor clacking, clan flags.
    But I also hope it's dark and metal.

@George, I just saw the video for Square-Enix's other new vampire game Bloodmasque. Will Nosgoth be very distinct from that? I realise you won't be able to talk about either game for a while, but I just thought I should mention it. Also it's going to be hard to discuss that game when there's not much known about it either.

I'll tell you what though, you could get some decent cross promotion between the two projects if some Legacy of Kain DLC came out for Bloodmasque.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 06-12-2013 at 12:43 PM.
    But here today we bleed, waiting for a bitter taste...
    ~ Carfax Abbey

I will admit that it is great to see a response from someone and thank you for it. I will admit that I'm still not thrilled about multiplayer mainly because i don't play multiplayer games. That said, I'm hopeful that since the game is inspired by SR1, it may cover some in between story from the series and perhaps lead us into another single player LOK game in the near future. It would be really nice to either continue the story or at least wrap it up in one last game. I guess time will tell. It would also be nice to get an HD collection with all five games. Unlike many people, I actually enjoyed BO2 quite a bit. It was not the strongest of the series but I still loved it. I'd like to have them all again, since my 1st gen PS3 died and I can't play the ps1 ps2 games anymore.

Considering how more than a few people have wanted a game that shows the rise of Kain's Lieutenants, and how that story takes place between BO1 and SR1, I wouldn't be surprised if this new game doesn't revolve around that. Maybe Square will try for a 2fer and use this game as a sort of template they can reuse parts of to create a stand alone game without having to invest in creating a whole game from scratch.....

That wouldn't be a bad idea. I think folks could live with that if they just told people what the plan is. If I knew this was to reintroduce the dev to the story and help fund a return to Kain, I would gladly buy this on day one.

So, we have a multiplayer game in the Soul Reaver era based on the vampire clans and the wars they would engage in.
    Sounds good, I hope the execution delivers also.
    Given that it's a multiplayer game I expect it won't go too deep on the lore, therefore you should add numerous nods to the LoK series events and characters.

(click image to enlarge)

Kain :

- Alas, poor singleplayer gaming. I knew it well.

Art by s0fus-snk on Deviant Art.
    Last edited by The Hylden; 06-13-2013 at 05:30 AM. Reason: Added thumb code to pic, name of artist

I keep flipping back and forth on how I feel about all this news - excitement about there finally being a new game and disappointment that it's not a proper continuation of the series... though I do admit the more I think about something set during the growth of Kain's empire the more intrigued I am by the idea, even if it is multiplayer. This is one of the few video game series I regularly go back and replay, so just knowing that they're still interested in making more gives me warm fuzzy feelings!

Regardless of how it turns out I want to keep an eye on it all and yes, I'll probably buy the game purely because of its links to the series (and the terrible hope that it might give the people in charge the extra kick they need to continue/reboot the series).

@ Averna
    /agree

Its sort of unfortunate that I say "Im buying that just because its LoK related." But yea, Im gonna reserve my copy asap.

Go ahead and tell me Im ruining the franchise by compromising, haters.

But Im willing to bet that most gamers wont take this same approach, and will be cautious and wait for a review before they spend their hard earned cash on Nosgoth. And thats fine too. In fact Im kind of counting on it. Ill let the masses who arent biased towards the series decide wether the game is worth the cost or not.

It will be to me regardless. Ive waited 10 years for a new game. Ill take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampmaster View Post
    I just saw the video for Square-Enix's other new vampire game Bloodmasque.
    Just checked it out, it looks good but all those words and numbers flashing up on the screen when battles are happening are really off putting. I hope they don't do that to Nosgoth.

Kain :
    - Alas, poor singleplayer gaming. I knew it well.
    Art by s0fus-snk on Deviant Art.
    LOL, poor poor Kain and Raz.
    What I lack in intelligence I make up for with enthusiasm
    http://lucinvampireslair.blogspot.co.uk/

Hey guys,

Maybe with "Influenced by SR1" they mean that Nosgoth's gameplay will be influenced by SR's gameplay - not its story... anything is possible at this stage.

BTW is nice to see everyone getting together to discuss the subject .
    Last edited by Ber; 06-13-2013 at 12:45 PM.
    signature image

Nosgoth's gameplay will be influenced by Sr
    @Ber : What do you have in mind? Do you mean the combat-style, puzzles, gliding, impaling, burning, plane of existence switching, gathering powrups etc?

I sure as hell hope "influenced by SR1" doesn't mean the game is going to be one giant block puzzle.

Maybe they mean the exploration aspect... which they pretty much scrapped after SR1.

--The mystery of the Blood Curse vampires' disappearance from Nosgoth, perhaps? (the untold story of how they gave way to the new necro species). That sure do need telling.

--Or perhaps the coloring in of all the core Nosgoth history we 'know' without ever having seen it on screen?

--An alternate timeline that branched off from a previous game like "a road not taken", such as the original version of SR1 in which Kain died at the end??? (since I guess the claim about this game is that it isn't set in the same reality as the others?)

Pssst!
    What about a flash forward ending to this game that unites it with what came before, like a reality-bridging epilogue which shows this game's reality having a bearing on the main LOK timeline???? Is that something y'all would consider?---
    Because the last we saw of SR1, the future was heading towards human resurgence. The vampire lords had disappeared from the world, never to return (according to EG's timetable). The opportunity was ripe for humans to rise up and reclaim the future from the necros. Now, though, we've got a surviving vampire lord thanks to SR2 paradox, a lord who's already fated to appear and alter the future equation yet again. But how? Uncertain. How much progress toward vampire victory has already been made with the SR2 paradoxes? Unknown. If some light could be shed on this indirectly by the current project, or if it's twists and turns could end with Kain arriving in the SR1 future to begin working his will on it, that'd be a cool tie-together. (Like the way Marvel ends its movies with a scene that sets up the next one).

If "influenced by Soul Reaver 1" is meant in terms of atmosphere and mood rather than the DMC-style histrionics of Defiance... then that's great news to me.

@Ber : What do you have in mind? Do you mean the combat-style, puzzles, gliding, impaling, burning, plane of existence switching, gathering powrups etc?

I mean that the combat system, power-ups and unlockable areas... not sure about plane switching... One thing I'm hoping for is a big open world to explore and see some familiar areas in it
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Ber View Post
    I mean that the combat system, power-ups and unlockable areas... not sure about plane switching... One thing I'm hoping for is a big open world to explore and see some familiar areas in it
    Nosgoth is not open-world.

Page 12 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast