Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 1502

Thread: New Nosgoth Game in Development: Confirmed

  1. #251
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Kain's Mausoleum...
    Posts
    756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Milky View Post
    Let's see. No Kain. No Raziel. No LoK. A multiplayer game.
    see? that wasn't even officially confirmed so assuming that they aren't going to be in this game/this game wont be lok blah blah blah is rather redundant.


    That's what they said for Twillight, too. What sort of an argumentation is that. anyway? New = Better?
    why even compare twilight to anything..its irrelevant really.


    Majinkura hates ponies (or was it bronies?).
    pfft...Bronies....
    "are you trying to bore me into submission?" ~ Raziel/Defiance
    signature image

  2. #252
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by majinkura View Post
    see? that wasn't even officially confirmed so assuming that they aren't going to be in this game/this game wont be lok blah blah blah is rather redundant.
    I don't even know why I'm still trying to see some reason.

    In case that you've missed the story so far :

    Nosgoth's not BO/SR/LOK related. That alone means that there's no Raziel, no Kain, no Vorador, no Moebius, no Elder God etc. If it was related, even by a small chance, they would say so that the Nosgoth's related to them in some way.
    it's on a different branch to SR and BO.
    Nosgoth's not action-adventure.
    Fans shouldn't expect a traditional action-adventure game.
    Nosgoth's not Single-player. Nosgoth won't follow the story.
    You really shouldn't think of Nosgoth as a single-player experience.
    Developers deliberately chose the multiplayer over singleplayer.
    Because of the concept - it's the game we and the devs wanted to make.
    It's also said that he doesn't have all the intel as a CM regarding the Nosgoth game.

    Simon Templeman said that nobody called him.
    Ringing any bell so far?

    Crystal dynamics are not making any LoK related content

    ---

    To say something that i didn't already, for the n-th time, I also dislike bronies and when non-orthodox developers try to make an orthodox game. Which isn't the case here since Nosgoth's not orthodox LoK title.

  3. #253
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Milky View Post
    Nosgoth's not BO/SR/LOK related. That alone means that there's no Raziel, no Kain, no Vorador, no Moebius, no Elder God etc. If it was related, even by a small chance, they would say so that the Nosgoth's related to them
    Yeah basically from the seems of it, it is just set in the world, the pillars etc and no doubt the places we know, vampires, werewolves, guardians, magic etc will exist, probably the history but I suspect it won't relate as in touch on the story of kain and raz except in murals and tales. So it's just loosely connected. This will then either allow people to enjoy it as a stand alone game or if they want to know more they can look into the lok side of the story and follow kain and razs journey. What's included as in lok stuff will depend when it's set. Just my pure speculation.
    What I lack in intelligence I make up for with enthusiasm
    http://lucinvampireslair.blogspot.co.uk/

  4. #254
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    211

    Default

    Firstly, many thanks George for jumping on board and do his best to try to keep the community updated.

    About the divided opinions all I can say is that even if I have my doubts I will keep an open mind about this and will say what I truly think once I have played the game and checked how it really is.

    Mr. Milky - I think we are jumping onto conclusions too early - the fact that Nosgoth will be a separate game from the other entries does not mean it wouldn't be linked somehow (it already happens that it will take place in the same universe) so I would not be surprised if any character makes an appearance even as a cameo.

    Again Nosgoth being a different branch to BO and SR does not mean it wont follow the overall history... where did you get that conclusion? What about the Ancient Wars? IMHO that is a massive blank canvas where a new story arc (or many) can be placed...

    I also agree that the LoK history after Defiance was left unfinished - but my hope to see a direct sequel died around 2007 - 8 when I realised it was just too late to launch such a game - the actual generation wouldn't have played the previous games and, lets accept it - the LoK fanbase is not that big, the sales of the sequel would have been poor (Defiance's sales weren't great to start with). Of course SE will want to get new players interested as well as hardcore fans by launching a game that doesn't require newcomers to know the ins and outs of the history but still respects it so hardcore fans will see a connexion to the classic games and like it - honestly I do not blame the developers.

    Again I still have my doubts as everyone here - but I will support this project as it is an open door to the future of the saga.

    Cheers!
    Last edited by Ber; 06-11-2013 at 01:43 PM.
    signature image

  5. #255
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lucinvampire View Post
    Yeah basically from the seems of it, it is just set in the world, the pillars etc and no doubt the places we know, vampires, werewolves, guardians, magic etc will exist, probably the history but I suspect it won't relate as in touch on the story of kain and raz except in murals and tales. So it's just loosely connected. This will then either allow people to enjoy it as a stand alone game or if they want to know more they can look into the lok side of the story and follow kain and razs journey. What's included as in lok stuff will depend when it's set. Just my pure speculation.
    It's just logical to assume that given the story so far.
    My point, though, is that it should been something regarding the Dark prophecy or to that effect. Regardless of how good the game is, it's still not LoK/Bo/SR oriented and that's a major downside for me.

    ---

    Ber, I hear you and all, I just can't avoid the thought of it being a multiplayer and not LoK related. Since it's possible and since the series are not forgotten (heh) this just increases my desire to see the proper 6th part of the series.
    I don't think that I'll ever take Nosgoth seriously enough because the devs didn't take fans expectation seriously enough.

    Principle of equivalent exchange

    And this

    honestly do not blame the developers
    Said no one, ever. It's similar to what someone suggested earlier

    Buy the game and then judge it/hate it
    So, support it by giving the money and then hate it when it's irrational to do so while someone'll use the money to buy whatever thy please and make a sequel without having the original fanbase in the plan. Been there, done that, never again. Sorry. Just too much negative experience in the gaming history to see this going in a more optimistic way. Just too much.
    Last edited by Mr.Milky; 06-11-2013 at 01:16 PM.

  6. #256
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hylden View Post
    Almost the entire cast died
    yup, now you've said it too. But today there are other things afoot besides the dancing of this contrarian doe-zee-doe of ours (where we vigorously state the opposite).

    Just in case we haven't met, I'm the one who's on here year in and year out proving all the many ways in which more sequels can be squeezed out of the existing story. So if anyone is the freaking Yoda of possibilities you referenced, it's me.

    the point about the cast being tapped out was also a perfectly valid one.
    this decade-long cooldown period for LOK wasn't a "gold mine of epic story in waiting." we both know, but are choosing to emphasize differently, that when they quit Nosgoth they only had enough gold left in the tank for one more big scene. That's why they already wanted to bring closure to the series last time by having Kain beat the octopus, then someone would slap Vorador awake, and finally the scion poses with the sword like He-Man before chucking it into the past. The narrow focus they'd chosen was spent, the cast had already left everything they had on the field. Hence, not a bad time for re-invigorating Nosgoth with a vitamin shot of new content and broadening out the world again. Even the whale needs to come back up for air every so often. There's no shame in it. After getting air back in Nosgoth's lungs, you can hand a more robust world back to Kain.

  7. #257
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeythumbz View Post
    Making sure that we respect the series canon is something we take very seriously. I know you'll think I'd say that anyway, but we're devoted fans of the lore established in the previous games, so it's only natural we'd want to ensure Nosgoth both complements them and expands upon them.

    I'm all up for having a discussion... but all in good time. Right now, we're all heads-down and nose to the grindstone in the preparation phase, getting all the various materials in place etc, and we want to make sure that the game feels right before speaking about it more plainly and openly.

    As I told VG247, I'm sorry to be so cagey... we just felt it was important to tell you what Nosgoth *isn't* so as to properly manage your expectations. The time to tell you what Nosgoth *is* will be coming soon, but not just yet.

    Anyway, pleasure to make your collective acquaintance. Just for full disclosure, my fave game in the series was SR2 on PS2, although I did really enjoy BO2 as well (it had some really nice mechanics and looked great on the original Xbox).
    Just wanted to thank you for taking the time to talk to us fans

  8. #258
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Milky View Post
    It's just logical to assume that given the story so far.
    My point, though, is that it should been something regarding the Dark prophecy or to that effect. Regardless of how good the game is, it's still not LoK/Bo/SR oriented and that's a major downside for me.
    I completely agree, I have always wanted the 6th installment as has everyone here, and I know how you feel about it being a major downer. I still hope one day there will be the continuation, but I'm just going to see what they do now with this as well and hope it gets to that good place.
    What I lack in intelligence I make up for with enthusiasm
    http://lucinvampireslair.blogspot.co.uk/

  9. #259
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeythumbz View Post
    Making sure that we respect the series canon is something we take very seriously. I know you'll think I'd say that anyway, but we're devoted fans of the lore established in the previous games, so it's only natural we'd want to ensure Nosgoth both complements them and expands upon them.
    I'd like to start off (deep breath) by thanking you for dropping in and talking to us about this.

    You probably realised before even taking the job that this series has a small but very dedicated fanbase that has managed to survive an inert and LoK-less decade. The fans tattoo themselves in the game's clan sigils, they create homemade props, they run the biggest fansites and encyclopedias - they even remake the older games as pet projects. The community managed to keep itself alive by immersing itself time and again into the old games and their lore; and that lore extends beyond the games themselves: Amy Hennig and Dan Cabuco and Kurt Harland and all the other writers and designers are just as much a part of the series as Kain and Raziel.

    Of course all of those people have moved on. Many fans feel that we've been holding the torch in the hope that Hennig (or her story notes) will come back. This was never a realistic expectation, and the latest news surrounding this Nosgoth project is confirming that for the folk who haven't quite come to terms with it, (yes, as an old LoK fanatic, that includes myself). However, I think that this change was inevitable, and I welcome it in one regard: it means something is happening. That's exciting and scary in almost equal measure. Just know that any knee-jerk reactions from this community comes from a deep-seated love of the series, and not any hatred towards new developers (as you say elsewhere, the Elder God and Raziel were never part of Blood Omen's design plan, and Raziel's time-travelling shenanigans weren't even part of Soul Reaver's until late in development - this is a series that literally thrived on delay and improvisation). With this in mind, I can only applaud you for rising to the challenge of a new game.

    Many fans are aware that LoK managed to somehow crack a great soundtrack, great story, great characters, great plotting, dialogue, voice acting, design... everything, and we're nervous that that same magic cannot be caught again (I fear it started to dim already in the last game, Defiance.)

    I've said a lot really. This is just my perception of the fanbase and where we're at. I might have projected my own feelings onto many of them (I apologise to anyone who takes umbrage). I just want to finish by saying I hope for your success. Amy Hennig was derided by a faction of Blood Omen fans way back in 97/98. If Nosgoth is successful then you'll all fit in like a glove. If not... then at least LoK was given another chance, rather than left in the dirt. The dream of Hennig and co wrapping up what they started is over.

    Looking forward to more news.

    Finally:

    Anyway, pleasure to make your collective acquaintance. Just for full disclosure, my fave game in the series was SR2 on PS2
    Same. The environments were magisterial. And the plot... oh, the plot...

  10. #260
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Milky View Post
    Said no one, ever. It's similar to what someone suggested earlier
    Sorry, my bad - forgot to include the "I" there - edited now.
    signature image

  11. #261
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,129

    Default

    You take the words out of my mouth Leazy.

    Quick question: does anyone here know which company is now making Nosgoth?

  12. #262
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    522

    Default

    leazy made good points.

    It's also a reason extra to desire 6th installment to the series.
    Pardon my eloquence, but it's as Count D also said
    It takes balls to make 6th game
    In short, we all knew that this might happen but we hoped that it doesn't.

    ////

    Anyway, I won't thank anyone else beside the fans who made great points in this thread and, of course, maintaining the forum alive for the past decade. I'm just here recently.
    What i currently believe is that it's great to read this topic from the 1st page up until the very end. IF you have some free time, coffee/tea etc, please do so.

  13. #263
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSquid View Post
    yup, now you've said it too. But today there are other things afoot besides the dancing of this contrarian doe-zee-doe of ours (where we vigorously state the opposite).

    Just in case we haven't met, I'm the one who's on here year in and year out proving all the many ways in which more sequels can be squeezed out of the existing story. So if anyone is the freaking Yoda of possibilities you referenced, it's me.

    the point about the cast being tapped out was also a perfectly valid one.
    this decade-long cooldown period for LOK wasn't a "gold mine of epic story in waiting." we both know, but are choosing to emphasize differently, that when they quit Nosgoth they only had enough gold left in the tank for one more big scene. That's why they already wanted to bring closure to the series last time by having Kain beat the octopus, then someone would slap Vorador awake, and finally the scion poses with the sword like He-Man before chucking it into the past. The narrow focus they'd chosen was spent, the cast had already left everything they had on the field. Hence, not a bad time for re-invigorating Nosgoth with a vitamin shot of new content and broadening out the world again. Even the whale needs to come back up for air every so often. There's no shame in it. After getting air back in Nosgoth's lungs, you can hand a more robust world back to Kain.
    This... oh so much this....

    That was the original plan. if i remember correctly. All that was left was Kains finishing move. Restore the Pillars, end the Elder God's Machiavellian scheming, and deal with the Hylden (which Younger Kain in Blood Omen 2 mostly achieved.)

    The key factor in all of the story, considering the wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff... is that ANY change that was made to the fate of nosgoth could not disrupt the events portrayed in Soul Reaver 1. If the Pillars were restored before Soul Reaver 1, Raziel's path would have been different, and everything that occurred in the following games would have been erased. Is the story entirely, one hundred percent finished.... No, we do not KNOW for sure, what Kain went on to do once his place was realised as the Scion. We know that original plans were for him to return to the Future portrayed in Soul Reaver, however the production material we know of in Dark Prophecy keeps him in Nosgoths past.

    I think though, as TheSquid stated, the main story arc was at its ending, and there was very little left to portray. New lore, new content, new diversity injected into Nosgoth could broaden the possibilities of that arc, and what is left for Kain.

  14. #264
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    2,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ber View Post
    I also agree that the LoK history after Defiance was left unfinished - but my hope to see a direct sequel died around 2007 - 8 when I realised it was just too late to launch such a game - the actual generation wouldn't have played the previous games and, lets accept it - the LoK fanbase is not that big, the sales of the sequel would have been poor (Defiance's sales weren't great to start with).
    I'd refer you to Dagren's post a few pages back. You don't need to know every detail about Raziel's story to continue from Defiance, just that he was Kain's Lieutenant, he sacrificed himself and became the Soul Reaver. Maybe a reference to Kain's discovery of the Elder God at the end of the game.

    Not knowing who Moebius and Mortanius were in Soul Reaver didn't stop me from enjoying that game.

    About no characters or story being in WFN, you could always encounter them at some point even if it is a MP only game. Obviously it would depend on who you're playing as and what era you're in.

    Maybe it's a squad based game where you each play as one of the bretheren and together you encounter/defeat characters as part of the cannon story.

    On the other hand, if it's an MMO and you're playing some generic non-protagonist vampire, perhaps you could still get a bit of new plot detail by taking on your clan leaders and hearing what they have to say. As long as it wasn't to the death, it wouldn't have to break cannon. If it's a different era, you could substitute the original guardians or something.

    I'm actually a big advacate of letting players have full use of the chronoplast for jumping to different eras, although I'd imagined that as a feature for backtracking through Soul Reaver to access hidden areas similar to the glyph puzzles. It might not work for this game's format if it meant thousands of players hopping across time, though.

    @The Hylden I haven't forgotten about the texture editing tool, I've just had to put a few things on hold while I'm putting a portfolio together.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pillar of Balance View Post
    Considering the wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff.
    While I agree with what you said about not doing anything to cancel out events that happened in previous games, I'd strongly advise against using Steven Moffat's style of writing time travel. He relies way too much on deus ex machinas in his Dr Who plots. Just because events happen in the wrong order doesn't mean they can cause themselves. That's as bad as saying they didn't have a cause at all.
    Last edited by The Hylden; 06-11-2013 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Merged double posts
    But here today we bleed, waiting for a bitter taste...
    ~ Carfax Abbey

  15. #265
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vampmaster View Post
    While I agree with what you said about not doing anything to cancel out events that happened in previous games, I'd strongly advise against using Steven Moffat's style of writing time travel. He relies way too much on deus ex machinas in his Dr Who plots. Just because events happen in the wrong order doesn't mean they can cause themselves. That's as bad as saying they didn't have a cause at all.
    Honestly i would say Russel T Davies time travel writing was a little closer to what i consider tangible than Moffat.... Moffat relies on the criss cross timeline thing to make "complex" plot devices that arent necessary. Davies kept alot of the pre-existing whovian time travel rules in place.

    Dont get me wrong, I liked Moffat's Blink episode, and I am not overly against the way the series went when he took over, and I love his writing in Sherlock. But I do agree, his grasp of Time Travel logistics and causality leaves alot to be desired.

  16. #266
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    6,902

    Default

    Totally understand, Vampmaster


    Squid, Pillars, again you're simplifying things just to do so (as if doing so means we can all move on and forget about the final chapter). There's nothing that needed "squeezing" out in order to make a finale. The game was already happening. The Dark Prophecy, we've found out, was being made. We've seen actual portions of levels, for goodness sake, so it had the full green light. This was the time when Eidos was severely in trouble, though. It's since had two major upheavals, including bankruptcy and changing of hands on who controls it. I believe that's the only reason we do not have that final game right now, those eternal issues. They obviously thought there was enough of a game there, however, in order to green light the development of it in the first place and to get that far into it. And describing things so simplistically, as if Kain only has to right the world and destroy his final foe, like simplifying things makes the final game that would have been ok to not have been, since we weren't really missing much anyway -- is disingenuous, at best.

    You can simplify ANY of in the series to its most basic through line. That's the nature of any great story. BO1 had Kain seek revenge on the ones who had him killed and to restore the Pillars (the world). SR1 had Raziel seek out his brethren and Kain to kill them for what they did to him. SR2 was finding Kain and solving the mystery of his creation. Defiance was split. For Kain, it was finding Raziel and understanding his role as the Scion of Balance. Raziel's was finding the heart to raise Janos and find out why the sword was made to be his prison. The Dark Prophecy would be Kain finding a way to thwart the EG and restore Nosgoth.

    Simplifying things doesn't negate the grand story and twists that come about along the hero's journey.

    Again, I don't mind the need to be optimistic (as I am trying to be myself) for this new game, but please don't sit there and try and bury the reality that we're still missing a very epic and grand finale to the series right now, regardless of what's going on.

    If you're trying to convince yourselves of this fact, or the rest of us, I'll tell you that will never fly.

    I believe Eidos was pressing these games out too fast. Defiance needed more time to cook. That is my belief. Maybe another 6 months to a year. It might have been a good thing that Dark Prophecy was canceled, as it might have also been pumped out too quickly. The team might have been tired. Amy certainly was of doing the same game over and over, it seems. But the series was by no means tapped out. I have my own conclusion to the series I believe would work, would solve things and please most, and would involve twists, turns, and much more than you describe. If I can do it, so could they have. And I'm certain I'm not the only fan (I know of course I am not ) over the years to have sat down and thought about the ending.

    Anyway, this is the part of the thread where we all beat our collective dead horses, until we see more of what's going on

  17. #267
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Whilst we don't have all the information, given what we do have so far, it does seem to be they're only loosely basing this game on Nosgoth and is most likely a prequel! When Crystal Dynamics/Eidos took over, they a very good job with fitting bits in peaces into an existing story and the new direction. The problem now is, it's changed hand's too many times.

    It's a bit like Disney with Starwars.

    Also, whilst that vampire with wings looked good, I hope it's not for this game! The human/vampire hybrids had no wings and the original vampire race did not look like that.

  18. #268
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dereham, England
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeythumbz View Post
    Making sure that we respect the series canon is something we take very seriously. I know you'll think I'd say that anyway, but we're devoted fans of the lore established in the previous games, so it's only natural we'd want to ensure Nosgoth both complements them and expands upon them.

    I'm all up for having a discussion... but all in good time. Right now, we're all heads-down and nose to the grindstone in the preparation phase, getting all the various materials in place etc, and we want to make sure that the game feels right before speaking about it more plainly and openly.

    As I told VG247, I'm sorry to be so cagey... we just felt it was important to tell you what Nosgoth *isn't* so as to properly manage your expectations. The time to tell you what Nosgoth *is* will be coming soon, but not just yet.

    Anyway, pleasure to make your collective acquaintance. Just for full disclosure, my fave game in the series was SR2 on PS2, although I did really enjoy BO2 as well (it had some really nice mechanics and looked great on the original Xbox).
    thankyou for coming online to talk to us fans its really appreciated First of all id like to say that im really excited about this new game as well as a little scared, but im just glad that LOK is being given another chance. I love all the games in the series for the story, characters and the rich world it created in such beautiful and mythic detail that i would put on par with stuff like middle earth and elder scrolls.

    I glad that you guys wanna stay true to the lore of the previous games and are fans yourselves which makes me hopeful that Nosgoth will please us old fans but even maybe inspire others who havent heard of the series to go back and play the others.

    So keep going and i will wait anxiously for more imformation to come out

  19. #269
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default My tummy is a little less rumbly.

    First off, I want to thank George for putting most of our minds at ease. I, for one was a little anxious about this new title. However, to echo the sentiments of others before me, George did not need to come in and tell us a damned thing. (I'm sure that's not how they said it, I improvised and made something good even better. Much like what George hopes to accomplish with his team and Nosgoth.) We've been told all we could at this current stage of the game development process. I have never experienced a higher up (game big wig) coming down to talk to us (fans/gamers) about there moves and routes, this alone demands my respect. And to have fans working on it inspires me personally, I could only wish to have such an opportunity to work with this franchise.

    My questions however................if they can be answered, as I am sure they are on the minds of others....... is Nosgoth a mobile game or a potential next gen title?, Will there be Ancients, Vampires, Demons or Hylden?

    After all I've read today, I am actually more excited about simply the idea of a new game. However, should the game allow for the opportunity to roam a next gen Nosgoth in high definition a la blood omen, even possibly walking by a human aristocratic Kain, on my way to Usctenheim or establishing my residence in Coorhagen would be great. But I'll remain patient and optimistic about this project.

    P.S. George keep your head up my dude, you brought hope back for us die hard fans, and you're going to have haters no doubt, just do you. As you can most likely guess from this last statement I am black. Nosgoth needs some black vampires. I have a character concept if you are interested. LOL Keep it up man.

  20. #270
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seirs View Post
    First off, I want to thank George for putting most of our minds at ease. I, for one was a little anxious about this new title. However, to echo the sentiments of others before me, George did not need to come in and tell us a damned thing. (I'm sure that's not how they said it, I improvised and made something good even better. Much like what George hopes to accomplish with his team and Nosgoth.) We've been told all we could at this current stage of the game development process. I have never experienced a higher up (game big wig) coming down to talk to us (fans/gamers) about there moves and routes, this alone demands my respect. And to have fans working on it inspires me personally, I could only wish to have such an opportunity to work with this franchise.

    My questions however................if they can be answered, as I am sure they are on the minds of others....... is Nosgoth a mobile game or a potential next gen title?, Will there be Ancients, Vampires, Demons or Hylden?

    After all I've read today, I am actually more excited about simply the idea of a new game. However, should the game allow for the opportunity to roam a next gen Nosgoth in high definition a la blood omen, even possibly walking by a human aristocratic Kain, on my way to Usctenheim or establishing my residence in Coorhagen would be great. But I'll remain patient and optimistic about this project.

    P.S. George keep your head up my dude, you brought hope back for us die hard fans, and you're going to have haters no doubt, just do you. As you can most likely guess from this last statement I am black. Nosgoth needs some black vampires. I have a character concept if you are interested. LOL Keep it up man.
    now theres an idea ... a direct prequel which can end with the beginning of Blood Omen 1 of Kain being murdered. Would be a good set up for selling a remake/hd collection of the old games.

  21. #271
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    295

    Default

    War for Nosgoth conjures in my mind some sort of multiplayer game where we pick and choose between Ancient Vampires, Hylden, and maybe demonic forces. Such events take place in a period of history that is untapped in the games (we only learn through murals) and a new team could likely adapt such material without fear of intruding on the older games' storylines.

    Could be way off. Just a thought.

  22. #272
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leazy View Post
    and a new team could likely adapt such material without fear of intruding on the older games' storylines.
    It's not likely, it's stated that Nosgoth's not messing with previous LoK titles i.e. not LoK/BO/SR related.
    It's also noted that they will quite probably make something new out of it i.e. put new content in the lore the way they seem fit.
    The main cliche villains of nearly 99 % fantasy oriented games demons should the the first thing on the menu of yours.

    It's also noted that there're huge wars in Nosgoth lore, etc, etc, the new game will quite positively be great and all and as you previously said it quite won't fill in the role of what the fans expected.
    It's like having five cars and then switching to a tram.
    -----
    Generally...
    So, we have the option to put up a barrier around the LoK storyline and keep it in the cryogenic state (still), with a small flag on top saying "please finish this" or to try to adopt to the new game without trying hard to connect it to the previous five games even with all cameo/eye candy things.
    Oh, many people here are doing a metamorphosis into Nadals trousers.

  23. #273
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Chicago illinois
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Did they see this LARGE community of people who enjoy LOK and think we would all enjoy playing together? I was really hoping for a single player title, but I play wait and see until we see something.......who knows, I may be spending more than a few sleepless nights playing against a few of YOU people

  24. #274
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Okay, like The Hylden said in one of his previous post, we're going in circles.
    I also believe his last post should end the thread for now.

    The facts are:
    1) Some people like the idea of a MP LoK and argue that a straight continuation of the story just wouldn't work and that "Nosgoth" is necessary.
    Read The Hylden's post as he explains it better than I ever could.

    2) Some people want the continuation of the story in the real 6th game and feel betrayed that we only get a multiplayer spinoff after all these years.

    Conclusion:
    To the first group I'd like to remind you of why you're here and why you love LoK. Don't lie to yourselves, you would also love an epic conclusion to the series. You like the idea of a MP LoK game, alright. Stop bringing your opinion that there is no other way around, that is only fueling the fires of the second group who would defend the core of the series to the death. Please read the thread, your point may have already been brought up and addressed.

    To the second group (and I think myself included): George more or less confirmed (with is "stick to the canon of the previous games") that there's no reboot. So we might one day have the continuation of the story we loved. Not much to be excited about for now, but hey, we never know. We just have to pray that "Nosgoth" is successful enough not to put the series into the grave once and for all but not successful enough for this branch to become the main one in the series. Not because we want bad luck on it, but because we want the end of the story we're interested in more than anything.
    We have made that clear, for now.

    To all, I'd like to remind that our opinions do matter, because in this industry we'll decide with our wallets whether this product is successful or not. You can't deny it.
    So until we learn more, sharpen your best arguments but please refrain from burying the points that have been made in this thread under clones of themselves.

  25. #275
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lucinvampire View Post
    May I ask what you mean by hands-on-trials? Is there going to be a demo of the game available? Is this just going to be for your testing team or can fans get involved?
    Yes

    Quote Originally Posted by Seirs View Post
    My questions however................if they can be answered, as I am sure they are on the minds of others....... is Nosgoth a mobile game or a potential next gen title?, Will there be Ancients, Vampires, Demons or Hylden?
    Nosgoth is not a mobile game. Also, we're mostly influenced by LoK:SR1... make of that what you will.

Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •