Page 10 of 61 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 1502

Thread: New Nosgoth Game in Development: Confirmed

  1. #226
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    Thank you for your answers! Will Nosgoth have its own section here on LOK forums?

    Iīd love to see DC version of SR1 got ported over to pc too because the pc version of SR1 has messed up audio - skipping dialouge in cutscenes, sounds looping forever, no real-time full ost music... I canīt really enjoy otherwise awesome game like that, while the DC version has none of these problems.

    Again, sorry to be so vague. And sorry if my presence here is only sporadic, as I said we're still very much in the preparation phase.
    Can you maybe tell us how long the game has been in development? Do you mean preparation phase as for showing the game to us, or preparation in terms of conceptual phase for the game?

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Not to jump onto the defense train or anything, but yeah - what POB said.

    I'd also like to point out that game companies (talking in general) usually have reveal dates planned way in advance. Just because something got leaked and/or people heavily speculating is no reason to demand the company to just spill all the beans ahead of schedule.

    Finally, GK's post obviously did make some folks feel somewhat relieved and calmed them down, if you read the responses. So just because it's not enough info for everyone (which, of course is perfectly understandable) doesn't mean the info - as little as it may be - is useless.

    Not saying you can't be critical, but maybe you can also try to see it from some of the other fans' perspective who do appreciate the info
    I'm just nervous as hell, that's all. LOK is my favorite game series after all and the possibility of a new game that might make the series take the final leap into obscurity isn't all that bright for me. Of course, it may also revive the series, but the less you hope for, the less disappointed you get.
    Regarding an HD collection, I'm afraid I have absolutely no information about that to share, I'm afraid. I would have thought that all the games being playable on Steam would have circumvented this issue, though?
    That's the thing here: only three games are playable on Steam: the Blood Omen games aren't there. I would happily pay for both of them. Blood Omen 2 is available from GOG, but Blood Omen 1 is only available as a PS1 version from PSN and that is only available in US. So I can buy neither the PC version, nor the PSX one. Which is really irritating.
    Iīd love to see DC version of SR1 got ported over to pc too because the pc version of SR1 has messed up audio - skipping dialouge in cutscenes, sounds looping forever, no real-time full ost music... I canīt really enjoy otherwise awesome game like that, while the DC version has none of these problems.
    Yeah, I second that. The PC version of SR1 wasn't exactly the dream in the first place with most of the music gone and some graphic effects missing and it's only worse nowadays.

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pillar of Balance View Post
    Quite frankly, He, Square, Eidos.... anyone.... Did not HAVE to say anything

    They have done MORE than they have had to do by telling us ANYTHING, it shows they give a damn about our expectations and our fevor atleast.
    Yeah, no. It would only be worse for the SE, Eidos etc if they announced some MP without prior notification. It would go down as one of the greatest games ever to disappoint the fans. So that sort of logic is irrelevant since

    a) Nothing is said regarding what fans expected. The fans know nothing aside that it's primary orientation is MP.
    b) It's for their own good to keep the fans notified and especially now when the fans know that it's MP oriented. Many already said that they won't buy it since they don't like the MP aspect.

    The gesture of the community manager is noted, to show the need to regulate anything regarding LoK (or not so LoK, eh?) among the fans, and to keep all negativity at bay. That's what admin of the forum's also doing but with a hint "give it a chance".

    And, yes, the logic "they don't have to say anything" regarding someone who's trying to make a game and then sell it while going a 180 degree from what the gameplay was all about is really bullcrap.
    The justification of an act of placing a multiplayer on something that's de facto singleplayer and heavily oriented on the storyline can't be justified by logic that "they can do whatever they please".

    If you want to believe in it knowing that there's probably no Raziel, nor Kain, feel free.
    Ofc, the so called alternate reality game (the driver note) started the avalanche.

    So, perhaps you don't realize that if the MP aspect of the game is a success there's a major chance that Sp never actually revives. And, ofc, the fans are the ones who should be pleased by what's offered to them, not the other way around.

    Now, this sentence makes no freaking sense, whatsoever.

    they give a damn about our expectations
    Ask any person here would they choose a multiplayer non-lok based nosgoth friendly game or an actual continuation of the story with Simon Templeman?!
    Or do you honestly believe it's asking too much to play the game that we'll gladly buy, support, open websites, be active in many areas of it and dedicate a good portion of our lives, hopes?! Do you honestly believe that the fans should be grateful for not getting what they wanted?! Sometimes fans don't even realize how willingly they chose defeatism "because times changed". As fans we can do only so much to say
    "HEY, we like that!"
    "Hey, wtf is this?"

    I agree with Count D. Just because they seem to show the interest in "keeping the lore" (and will probably put something completely new in it) or similar that doesn't mean that I'll be happy about the upcoming game.
    We live in the gaming era where marketing plays a huge role and where the games are easily destroyed for the sake of money, eventually making people grumpy about playing anything at all. Those who don't listen to their fans do not receive anything else but an internet burial where they'll remain memorized as failures to notice such a simple thing as listening to their fans.

    I mean, how long are there fan projects? How long there've been talking about "what's happening next"? Almost a decade of forums, fan talking and many websites across the globe.
    How hard was it to miss
    Singleplayer
    Continue it

    ?
    Others may not say it out of the courtesy, but this is already an act of a fail and any support of it, no matter how great the argumentation is, can't defy the fact that the concept of the upcoming game's misunderstood. How do you think to sell it? To who? To what community of gamers?
    Was it not expected for fans to have negative opinions regarding this?

    Let's give it a chance because we're gamers, let's get over a spit in the eye, and because we're kind sirs and then someone perhaps, maybe, finally will start taking fans seriously enough to make a game that we so desire. . .

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,065

    Default

    I think a command and conquer style game between the vamps and hylden could be pretty cool really. Just make sure there's a good story mode to go with it

    I just hope this game is a proper cannon game and not just some goofy spinoff...time will tell (how ironic.... the time streamer back to his old tricks)
    If it doesn't hurt you're not doing it properly

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Quite frankly, He, Square, Eidos.... anyone.... Did not HAVE to say anything

    They have done MORE than they have had to do by telling us ANYTHING, it shows they give a damn about our expectations and our fevor atleast.
    Yeah, nice attitude. The kind of attitude that breeds unhealthily loyal consumers and greedy publishers. I'm not saying that Square Enix is one, just saying that this attitude is wrong. They HAVE to tell us anything because WE, the customers, are people who pay for their jobs. If they want to sell us something and not alienate us prematurely, they have to tell us at least something.
    Again. My point was missed by pretty much everybody but Milky, but I stand by it: they are not making us a favor by telling anything or even making the game. We will be making them a favor and a show of good will by buying and playing said game. If they spit on us, we just wipe it off. If we spit on them, they will drown.

    Let's wait and see. But I say, don't get overly excited. Nothing to be excited about.

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fneh View Post
    I think a command and conquer style game between the vamps and hylden could be pretty cool really. Just make sure there's a good story mode to go with it
    Hylden reporting

    ---

    Anyway, I have a question for the community manager.

    Why is it multiplayer and not singleplayer?

  7. #232
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Count D View Post
    Yeah, nice attitude. The kind of attitude that breeds unhealthily loyal consumers and greedy publishers. I'm not saying that Square Enix is one, just saying that this attitude is wrong. They HAVE to tell us anything because WE, the customers, are people who pay for their jobs. If they want to sell us something and not alienate us prematurely, they have to tell us at least something.
    Again. My point was missed by pretty much everybody but Milky, but I stand by it: they are not making us a favor by telling anything or even making the game. We will be making them a favor and a show of good will by buying and playing said game. If they spit on us, we just wipe it off. If we spit on them, they will drown.

    Let's wait and see. But I say, don't get overly excited. Nothing to be excited about.
    And there is that unmitigated Self Entitled opinion that because we buy the games we have ALL these rights...

    Allow me to answer both yourself and Milky in one go shall I.

    Just because something was, does not mean it always will be.

    We have our Legacy of Kain... BO, SR, Defiance... thats our Legacy... and it always will be.

    This is something else, and something new. And I would much rather see ANYTHING that continues and expands upon the lore of nosgoth than to see it die in obscurity because we were too negative and too stuck in our expectations that we cut our noses off to spite our faces.

    I said that they cared about our expectations, not our demands. We all heard that there was a Nosgoth game, we immediately HOPED and expected it would be in the same vein and genre as LoK... and if they had not said anything now... we would all have kept that hope, until it was slapped out of our heads a few months down the line with a full reveal.

    Its like if as a kid you wanted a pony for christmas.... your parents get two options... they can tell you in October you ARE NOT getting a pony.... or they can leave you to speculate until Dec 25th and have a bawling disappointed child on their hands because they REALLY thought they might get a pony this year.

    A belief in consumer power is good.... a RELIANCE on it... is damning. Yes yes, you can say they arent doing us a favor by making the game, we are doing them a favor by buying it....

    But tell me HONESTLY if "Nosgoth" got cancelled due to a very poor initial reception, you wouldnt be complaining "how dare they cancel yet ANOTHER LoK game"... They ARE doing us a favor by making "Nosgoth" because if they do not... who on earth will?

    Be disappointed in what you know, or do not know, as the case is right now... but do not start with the whole Self Entitled Consumer argument, it falls very thin.

    They dont OWE you anything.... Sega didnt owe us anything in the 90's when they made Sonic 3... HECK back then they didnt even really need to worry about leaks, or forums.... they just made the games, revealed them when ready, and we bought them when they came out. If we loved them YAY, if we hated them.... oh well....

    The internet gives us so much false power... Our interaction in game development is really no different than when Sega and Nintendo and Eidos were all faceless companies that we only ever heard from in interviews in magazines... unless ofcourse... we are physically making the games.

    TLDR: If you are really this unhappy with the information or lack thereof so far... keep quiet and keep watching. Lets keep the public conversations SOMEWHAT positive for now.... until we know for sure... ok?

  8. #233
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Kain's Mausoleum...
    Posts
    756

    Default

    damn....I couldn't have said that better myself POB,good job!

    and boy do i miss the days where there was no internet and we had games just release and read about them in magazines only

    game confrences were like a secret exclusive club and no one was invited...now everyone can go :P
    "are you trying to bore me into submission?" ~ Raziel/Defiance
    signature image

  9. #234
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    6,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeythumbz View Post
    Anyway, pleasure to make your collective acquaintance. Just for full disclosure, my fave game in the series was SR2 on PS2, although I did really enjoy BO2 as well (it had some really nice mechanics and looked great on the original Xbox).
    SR2 definitely has the best artistry and environment aesthetic of the series. It's still one of the best looking PS2 titles there was and holds up well on the PC. It's story ranks second best for me, right behind BO1.

    Greetings to our new Community Manager, also.

    Edit: as for the indication the games are on PC/Steam, so can be modded: unfortunately, not into a proper HD version as yet. Vampmaster, speaking of that, how goes the file updating possibilities?

    Currently, the games can't be altered minus using Texmod to update the existing textures. No further maps can be added, or higher res models, etc. I don't even think the music can be altered, ca it? Defiance sure needs a score in those cutscenes... Texmod only works with Defiance happily. People have recently figured out how to get it to work with BO2, so there's that, too. SR2 is a no go.

    But, if there is no-one to talk to in order to get an HD version, I'm continuing the modding of Defiance's textures and I am hopeful the community can figure out how to fully mod the rest of the game/games.
    Last edited by The Hylden; 06-10-2013 at 07:07 PM.

  10. #235
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Count D, Mr.Milky, to quote Brick Top from the movie Snatch, "If I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not."

    The early reveal was a favor to us die hard fans. It may not be exactly what you (or I) has dreamed about for the last decade, but its a hell of a lot more than we had last month.

    There may not be a lot to reveal at this time. If Im building a car, I cant really show it off until some parts of it are finished. Im not going to tell you it has a V8 until I find out if I have the space under the hood, and the resources for it.

    Be happy that at least someone gives a damn and cares enough to keep Nosgoth alive. You sound like children who are whining about getting vanilla ice cream instead of chocolate.... C'mon man! Its still free ice cream!!!

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    19,834

    Default

    POB and SON pretty much covered the points I could have made, so I'll leave their posts to speak for themselves, but I would just like to set one thing straight:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Milky View Post
    The gesture of the community manager is noted, to show the need to regulate anything regarding LoK (or not so LoK, eh?) among the fans, and to keep all negativity at bay. That's what admin of the forum's also doing but with a hint "give it a chance".
    No, I'm not here to "keep all negativity at bay". I'm perfectly fine with people being negative and they are free to express their thoughts. I'm not here to "muzzle the opposition", so to speak.

    The only thing I encourage is for fans to stay positive until there is an actual tangible reason to be negative. Right now I do not think there is and any mud slinging (not saying anyone is) would be way too soon and thus uncalled for.

    When the game is on the market and you've actually played it and then want to hate on it, then by all means. (Well, in a TOU friendly manner, of course )

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pillar of Balance View Post
    And there is that unmitigated Self Entitled opinion that because we buy the games we have ALL these rights...

    Allow me to answer both yourself and Milky in one go shall I.

    Just because something was, does not mean it always will be.

    We have our Legacy of Kain... BO, SR, Defiance... thats our Legacy... and it always will be.
    The internet gives us so much false power...
    That sounds as if you're satisfied with the fact that almost a decade passed trough and you're willing to make any compromise to get what you want.
    This just shows that you don't care enough to get what you should get.
    The question is - why would anyone make a compromise with something that's not logical to do and is not following the story of LoK? That's the question you should ask yourself instead to value such noble defeatism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pillar of Balance View Post
    This is something else, and something new.
    That's what they said for Twillight, too. What sort of an argumentation is that. anyway? New = Better?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pillar of Balance View Post
    And I would much rather see ANYTHING that continues and expands upon the lore of nosgoth than to see it die in obscurity because we were too negative and too stuck in our expectations that we cut our noses off to spite our faces.
    "Because we were too negative"
    You contradict yourself. In the first sentence you state how fans have no power via internet, and all of a sudden you state how negativity will make developers stop producing it.
    I'd also like to see Nosgoth's lore, but not in a MMO, not in MOBA, not in RTS. Tell me, would you like to read a new LotR book without any Arda creature and in the comic form? Better yet, would you buy such a thing simply because it has the name "LotR" (or Tolkien) in it? It's called desperation. And I'm not desperate to get anything simply because I have a huge respect for the previous five games and out of that respect I won't get so low to accept anything simply because of stupid argumentation anything > nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pillar of Balance View Post
    I said that they cared about our expectations, not our demands. We all heard that there was a Nosgoth game, we immediately HOPED and expected it would be in the same vein and genre as LoK... and if they had not said anything now... we would all have kept that hope, until it was slapped out of our heads a few months down the line with a full reveal.
    You don't know how marketing works, clearly. A demand for a product = successful sale. Marketing will only increase a demand. Also, nobody's demanding anything - we expect it to meet our requirements following the canon thus keeping the original lore/gameplay/story.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pillar of Balance View Post
    Its like if as a kid you wanted a pony for christmas.... your parents get two options... they can tell you in October you ARE NOT getting a pony.... or they can leave you to speculate until Dec 25th and have a bawling disappointed child on their hands because they REALLY thought they might get a pony this year.
    Majinkura hates ponies (or was it bronies?). And why do you compare us with such a vague comparison? Such parents would then say "You got money kid, this pony's what we think it's good for ya". Bad metaphor pal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pillar of Balance View Post
    A belief in consumer power is good.... a RELIANCE on it... is damning. Yes yes, you can say they arent doing us a favor by making the game, we are doing them a favor by buying it....
    That's true because a multiplayer game that's not following LoK isn't what meets my expectation. If you find me at error for having such an opinion i'd call you at error for stating to be LoK fan and not wanting the story to continue.

    But tell me HONESTLY if "Nosgoth" got cancelled due to a very poor initial reception, you wouldnt be complaining "how dare they cancel yet ANOTHER LoK game"... They ARE doing us a favor by making "Nosgoth" because if they do not... who on earth will?
    That's a poor perspective, honestly. You should think from this one - would the game be received poorly if they continued the story? Would the negativity be present if they didn't choose the multiplayer? Answer that and we may continue the discussion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pillar of Balance View Post
    Be disappointed in what you know, or do not know, as the case is right now... but do not start with the whole Self Entitled Consumer argument, it falls very thin.
    Let's see. No Kain. No Raziel. No LoK. A multiplayer game. And I shouldn't be disappointed why, because it's called "Nosgoth"? I already stated that I will buy it no matter what, but that doesn't mean that my hunger for the story continuation is satisfied.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pillar of Balance View Post
    They dont OWE you anything.... Sega didnt owe us anything in the 90's when they made Sonic 3... HECK back then they didnt even really need to worry about leaks, or forums.... they just made the games, revealed them when ready, and we bought them when they came out. If we loved them YAY, if we hated them.... oh well....
    Your logic amazes me. Let's use your logic here - The internet power of the fans is something new.
    What are the fans? Statues? When you're a kid you don't know anything and it was much easier to sell a silly game back then but here's what I find funny - you call me childish because I'm negative about something that I'm not satisfied with and you give me "how things were back in the days" utterly to tell me to stop living in the past because this is "something new".

    Nobody said that anyone owes anything it's in their interest to keep the product at top quality to avoid the negativity. We're not talking about Sega and Sonic never transformed into a mmo.
    "If we hated them, oh well".
    So, to satisfy your curiosity of a multiplayer novelty you're willingly accepting that there's no story continuation, whatsoever, or any connection to the original 1.2.3.4.5 games aside from it being set in the same universe?! But you don't see that you're accepting something that didn't kept your initial interest in the series. In BO2 did you care about the lives of the people who were imprisoned for the feast? Did you care about their story or were you just coming close to them to drink their blood?! Because if you really cared only then I'll accept that you can go with LoK unrelated content.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pillar of Balance View Post
    The internet gives us so much false power... Our interaction in game development is really no different than when Sega and Nintendo and Eidos were all faceless companies that we only ever heard from in interviews in magazines... unless ofcourse... we are physically making the games.
    That's how fans got Dark Souls on PC. Because of the false internet power of the fans. And that's how you're here discussing in front of everyone to see. And this topic exists, and the community manage'rs here all because of the "false internet power".
    You really amaze me.
    You see, you should stop accepting that we're demanding anything, we're stating what we like and what we expect as well as what we don't like. (like I said as well before in the posts) It's in their interest to keep the story continued because they will only ruin themselves with attaching a multiplayer to a canon of single-player storytelling action-adventure games. And each of the five games were like that. What's with the change? And why when it doesn't need to be changed like that?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pillar of Balance View Post
    TLDR: If you are really this unhappy with the information or lack thereof so far... keep quiet and keep watching. Lets keep the public conversations SOMEWHAT positive for now.... until we know for sure... ok?
    It's hard to keep the conversation positive when there're people who support this nonsense for the sake of having anything. If you're ok with crumbles, not everyone are and stop behaving as if your opinion gives you the right to call others "children" while you can't even make proper argumentation that'll support your opinion.

    ----

    No, I'm not here to "keep all negativity at bay".
    I encourage is for fans to stay positive
    Really?

    ----

    The early reveal was a favor to us die hard fans
    It's called a bear favor. A favor to die hard fans would be to actually continue the series. The fans, as far as I can see, really don't believe in themselves to keep the firm "we wan't story to continue".
    And since when are we talking here about the "what the game isn't"? Nobody's talking about what they threw at us, we're talking about what we'll gladly buy.
    Did you ask for multiplayer non LoK related game?

    The only thing that die hard fans should be grateful is that at least original LoK's not melded with and the upcoming game will probably have nothing in common with it.
    Last edited by Mr.Milky; 06-11-2013 at 04:47 AM.

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pillar of Balance View Post
    And there is that unmitigated Self Entitled opinion that because we buy the games we have ALL these rights...

    Allow me to answer both yourself and Milky in one go shall I.

    Just because something was, does not mean it always will be.

    We have our Legacy of Kain... BO, SR, Defiance... thats our Legacy... and it always will be.

    This is something else, and something new. And I would much rather see ANYTHING that continues and expands upon the lore of nosgoth than to see it die in obscurity because we were too negative and too stuck in our expectations that we cut our noses off to spite our faces.
    It won't die in obscurity because of our negativity. It shall (note: shall) die in obscurity because they chose to release another multiplayer game into oversaturated market.
    I said that they cared about our expectations, not our demands. We all heard that there was a Nosgoth game, we immediately HOPED and expected it would be in the same vein and genre as LoK... and if they had not said anything now... we would all have kept that hope, until it was slapped out of our heads a few months down the line with a full reveal.
    If they did care, they would make a real LOK game.
    Its like if as a kid you wanted a pony for christmas.... your parents get two options... they can tell you in October you ARE NOT getting a pony.... or they can leave you to speculate until Dec 25th and have a bawling disappointed child on their hands because they REALLY thought they might get a pony this year.

    A belief in consumer power is good.... a RELIANCE on it... is damning. Yes yes, you can say they arent doing us a favor by making the game, we are doing them a favor by buying it....

    But tell me HONESTLY if "Nosgoth" got cancelled due to a very poor initial reception, you wouldnt be complaining "how dare they cancel yet ANOTHER LoK game"... They ARE doing us a favor by making "Nosgoth" because if they do not... who on earth will?
    Yeah. Only a parent does not depend on his child the way the publisher depends on the consumers. Would I be complaining about canceling a betrayal of the franchise's Legacy and fan expectations? Would I? They aren't doing us any favors. They are clearly not making it for us - it's multiplayer, nobody asked for a multiplayer LOK game. And I don't think they are going to make it F2P, so they would like to sell it. Sell us the game we didn't want just because they tacked the LOK universe on it. Why should I be happy? Why shouldn't I try to make others see reason?
    Be disappointed in what you know, or do not know, as the case is right now... but do not start with the whole Self Entitled Consumer argument, it falls very thin.

    They dont OWE you anything.... Sega didnt owe us anything in the 90's when they made Sonic 3... HECK back then they didnt even really need to worry about leaks, or forums.... they just made the games, revealed them when ready, and we bought them when they came out. If we loved them YAY, if we hated them.... oh well....
    Yeah. And look where they are now. Making exclusives for goddamn Nintendo. A disgrace, if you ask me.
    The internet gives us so much false power... Our interaction in game development is really no different than when Sega and Nintendo and Eidos were all faceless companies that we only ever heard from in interviews in magazines... unless ofcourse... we are physically making the games.

    TLDR: If you are really this unhappy with the information or lack thereof so far... keep quiet and keep watching. Lets keep the public conversations SOMEWHAT positive for now.... until we know for sure... ok?
    No. I am not going to do that. As long as I'm staying on topic and not breaking the forum rules, I am going to post for truth, justice and the consumer's power. And if you don't want to see it so badly, why don't YOU go somewhere else?

    If they wanted to do us a favor and cared about us, they would make a real LOK game. But that would require a lot of balls, good will and belief in their consumer. Why should I show them good will and believe in them when they don't believe in us?

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    522

    Default

    Exactly, Count D. If they cared for the fans they would continue the story.
    It's obvious that the target audience's not real fans of the series.

    But apparently some people are feeling that they don't deserve the story to continue. Such defeatism is astonishing!

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Ipswich, England
    Posts
    331

    Default

    There's way too much to comment on in this thread, so I'm just going to sit here and watch for a little while until I can gather my thoughts into something coherent! The official acknowledgement that LoK is still alive (or undead) is fantastic to see, and I can't wait for the outcome.

    Quote Originally Posted by Count D View Post
    That's the thing here: only three games are playable on Steam: the Blood Omen games aren't there. I would happily pay for both of them. Blood Omen 2 is available from GOG, but Blood Omen 1 is only available as a PS1 version from PSN and that is only available in US. So I can buy neither the PC version, nor the PSX one. Which is really irritating
    I'm not sure where you are in the world, but if you're in Europe, the EU PSN store should have Blood Omen for the PSX one. I think it's been on there a while now and I'm pretty sure I've bought both that and SR1 for my PS3 in the UK. I hope it's still available and that helps.

  16. #241
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raina Audron View Post
    Thank you for your answers! Will Nosgoth have its own section here on LOK forums?

    Iīd love to see DC version of SR1 got ported over to pc too because the pc version of SR1 has messed up audio - skipping dialouge in cutscenes, sounds looping forever, no real-time full ost music... I canīt really enjoy otherwise awesome game like that, while the DC version has none of these problems.

    Can you maybe tell us how long the game has been in development? Do you mean preparation phase as for showing the game to us, or preparation in terms of conceptual phase for the game?
    Nosgoth will eventually get its own forums - I don't see the need to convert these (frankly fantastic) forums over to Nosgoth, especially as it's on a different branch to SR and BO.

    Regarding HD ports and remakes of SR or BO games... I'm really the wrong guy to ask, I'm afraid. I mean, I'm very far away from that kind of decision making and don't really have any insight to share about that. While I'm the CM for Nosgoth, that doesn't give me visibility on every aspect of the LoK franchise as a whole, nor am I party to all decisions made about its future.

    As for preparation, I mean that we're prepping to show you the game and get it into a fit state for hands-on trials.

    Quote Originally Posted by Count D View Post
    I'm just nervous as hell, that's all. LOK is my favorite game series after all and the possibility of a new game that might make the series take the final leap into obscurity isn't all that bright for me. Of course, it may also revive the series, but the less you hope for, the less disappointed you get.
    Believe me, I know how you feel and I'm both hoping *and* working towards you not being disappointed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Milky View Post
    I agree with Count D. Just because they seem to show the interest in "keeping the lore" (and will probably put something completely new in it) or similar that doesn't mean that I'll be happy about the upcoming game.
    I hear and understand your passion, really I do, and I do my best to reflect that and pass it onto the team - not just because it's my job, but also because I'm a fan. However, as one fan to another (and i REALLY don't mean to be antagonistic and I'm not saying we're doing this with Nosgoth, but...) "putting something completely new into the lore" has happened with each and every LoK game release. The Hylden themselves or even the Elder God and the spectral realm are just a few examples I can think of. All I'm saying is that if it's handled well, adding something new to the lore is not always a bad idea. NOT that I'm saying we're doing that with Nosgoth, nor am I saying that an unproven title like Nosgoth ought to be afforded the same candour as those legendary games... I just felt that it needed to be said, as a fan of LoK.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Milky View Post
    [Anyway, I have a question for the community manager.

    Why is it multiplayer and not singleplayer?
    Because of the concept - it's the game we and the devs wanted to make.

    Quote Originally Posted by Strands Of Night View Post
    There may not be a lot to reveal at this time. If I'm building a car, I cant really show it off until some parts of it are finished. I'm not going to tell you it has a V8 until I find out if I have the space under the hood, and the resources for it.
    ^This. This so much. And it's not just about the engine, you also want the rims and interior to look nice (and smell nice) too, for the brakes to function as expected, for the steering to have just the right feel. Everything has to come together.

  17. #242
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    522

    Default

    It's true that anything can be placed in the Lore, but it's also true that the game concept's multiplayer because the devs chose so.

    What's the benefit of the multiplayer? I don't believe that the expectations will be met, and I'm just being plainly honest here. A multiplayer game is a bad choice for the fanbase even though it's a good choice for the devs given current times. It's understandable that you want to get money out of it, but it's also understandable that you deliberately chose not to continue the story of LoK because, as you state, it's not related to SR/BO games. I really can't be happy about that, it's only making me nervous with a good reason since this feels like a betrayal. Given that, I really can't see what use of stating "being a fan" has to do anything since the initial fans never played a multiplayer LoK title, nor enjoyed any possible multiplayer aspect of the Nosgoth, so far.
    There's potential, of course, since Nosgoth's great place and I wish the devs all the luck to succeed in their plans, but please, please don't call yourselves "fans" of the game since it's irrational, it's biased and quite cheap. *Fans* would never, ever, make multiplayer-only content regarding LoK and fans would never accept to have a game without Simon Templeman.

    I say keep the name Black Cloth.
    I have nothing more to add.

  18. #243
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    417

    Default

    I'm not sure where you are in the world, but if you're in Europe, the EU PSN store should have Blood Omen for the PSX one. I think it's been on there a while now and I'm pretty sure I've bought both that and SR1 for my PS3 in the UK. I hope it's still available and that helps.
    European part of Russia. SR1's there (and I got it), but no BO1.

  19. #244
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    Thank you for the answers. I have a few more questions (if you canīt answer, no problem ):

    a) Will the game be in line with artistic direction of the previous games, or take on a new direction?
    b) Could you maybe elaborate what does Black Cloth refer to or is it a spoiler of some sort?
    c) Do you think this new game might attract even non-LOK fans to play it?
    d) Is it true that the game had at one point in time a sp mode as well?

  20. #245
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    19,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Milky View Post
    No, I'm not here to "keep all negativity at bay".
    I encourage is for fans to stay positive
    Really?
    Yep

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  21. #246
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raina Audron View Post
    Thank you for the answers. I have a few more questions (if you canīt answer, no problem ):

    a) Will the game be in line with artistic direction of the previous games, or take on a new direction?
    b) Could you maybe elaborate what does Black Cloth refer to or is it a spoiler of some sort?
    c) Do you think this new game might attract even non-LOK fans to play it?
    d) Is it true that the game had at one point in time a sp mode as well?
    I'm sorry, but I really can't speak to any of that at present. Right now, I'm afraid you'll just have to wait and see.

    This is the trouble with releasing info early... lots of very pertinent and reasonable questions get raised, however we can't answer them without detracting from the big reveal. Please bear with us and we'll be able to give a full account of the game in due course.

  22. #247
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    70

    Default

    I am going to respond to a few things, then I think im just going to sit back and watch the pre-emptive undeserved damning judgement on a game we know nothing about.

    That sounds as if you're satisfied with the fact that almost a decade passed trough and you're willing to make any compromise to get what you want.
    This just shows that you don't care enough to get what you should get.
    The question is - why would anyone make a compromise with something that's not logical to do and is not following the story of LoK? That's the question you should ask yourself instead to value such noble defeatism.
    The fact that I am keeping a neutral stance, and giving this new direction a chance UNTIL there is enough information to make a formative logical decision about whether this will be a good game or not, shows that I dont care? Because i am not chewing at the bit demanding that it should be a continuation of a story I loved, and not an expansion into the world I loved?

    When Soul Reaver came out, it was not following Kain's Story from Blood Omen, it was showing the story of another pawn within the world of Nosgoth, Raziel. When LotR was written, it was not telling Bilbo's continued story, this adventurous little Hobbit we already knew. It told a whole new story, from the perspective of new characters, within the same world... And yet it is still within the same lore and mythology... The point I am trying to make with this, is just because It may or may not (as they really havent given ANY story details) contain Kain, or Raziel or anyone we all know, does not negate it as a possible Canonical title.

    Also, nobody's demanding anything - we expect it to meet our requirements following the canon thus keeping the original lore/gameplay/story.
    Gameplay does not Canonical material make.... Lore yes, Story... no. There are hundreds of story arcs within Doctor Who for example, and yet every bit of it is canonical because it expands the LORE... thats the important thing. Also, Considering that we know next to nothing about this game, how can you say that it ISNT following the canon?

    ....Infact... honestly I am done debating this. I do not remember calling anyone childish. The more i re-read the posted responses the less I see a point to this.

    If you desire to hate upon a product that you know absolutely nothing about go ahead. But it was only a couple pages back that Mr Milky said he would play the hell out of it regardless because its Nosgoth and LoK related, so why the sudden change just to argue with me is frankly beyond me.

    Do I care if it has nothing to do with Blood Omen 1 and 2, or Soul Reaver 1 and 2, or Defiance, other than being set in the same world? As long as the History, timeline and canonical lore is maintained or even expanded... No I do not mind.

    Do I care that its a primarily multiplayer and not singleplayer experience... No, Again I do not mind because I have found alot of single player experiences lately to be far below my expectations and desires... I like a variety of gaming styles, and if Nosgoth is to be painted on a different canvas for once, so be it.

    Do I care that there is no continuation to the Story Arc that was left unfinished in Defiance.... well... how unfinished was it? really? If I remember correctly, Amy stated that the end of Defiance allows the events of BO2 to unfold, so most of what is left unfinished in Defiance, is resolved within BO2.

    The Elder God is buried deep in the catacombs of Nosgoth, Kain has become the Scion of balance and is able to detect the Elder Gods influence.

    The point of Legacy of Kain was never to completely stop the original events of blood omen. It was to restore Kain, and Raziel, to their appointed fates. And they Were. Young Kain still makes that fated choice, he HAS to, there is no paradox that can undo that cataclysmic choice. The Pillars still shatter, The Vampires still rule Nosgoth... But Balance is restored.

    The story, was more or less, finished... and lets not blindly shut off the possibility, that with time, with renewed interest, If there IS a further story to be told within the LoK Story Arc.... it may come, in time.

    I have no interest in debating how much of an LoK fan I am, or anyone else for that matter. I know what the series means to me, and the impact it has had on my very existence, and that is all that is important.

    Ill keep an eye here, but I likely wont get involved while there is opinion formed far before there is anything to base such opinion on. I hope to either see this die down to some neutrality, or return when there is concrete info to discuss.

    Thankyou George, Square, Eidos and the Devs, for having a go at reviving this world. I hope, for all of our sakes, it goes well. I will be watching with great interest.

  23. #248
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    6,902

    Default

    I think we all have concerns. To restate them over and over again, is pointless. What's been said is now starting to repeat over and over on itself. Multiplayer is a concern, the new direction is a concern.

    We all know this now.

    I'm not of the mind to play it and see, yet. We're not even that far. Baby steps. We first need screens of what it is.

    Then we need a trailer/demo to show us what it is in action. I think developers should be wary now from the deceit that was Colonial Marines not to show something that truly doesn't reflect the product, as they did with trailers and demos. So, once we see the material, we'll have something to go on more than what we're waiting, or concerned about now.

    I think you all have said what you need to say about the multiplayer stuff. Time has come really, as stated above, that there's not much to do bust sit back and wait a bit.

    I will contend again that the main story was NOT basically finished. Kain being the Scion must find a way to fulfill his goals, not just exist out there. We know what his younger self does; that is not the change, or continuation anyone is expecting more of. What his elder self does now, that is the question. Again, the EG, buried momentarily, or not (a being that's basically everywhere, that burrows through the ground as its mode of transportation, cannot be buried, really), is certainly not stopped. Time and history await to thwart Kain's goals, so all this lies before him and that is what the continuation would be -- epicness to the nth degree.

    I'll keep reminding people of that point when I see statements like above made, since there is no reason at all, new game or not, to shirk this reality under the bus and say, "oh, the series is basically concluded; no big deal." No, it is not. Yes, people have all the right expectations in the world to want to see the conclusion happen.

    Again, I'll wait right now to see some media, and what this story -- there has to be some -- of it is, what the concept is, what the possibilities are with it. That's only logical.

    In any case, it's good to see old members return and old passions rekindled

  24. #249
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeythumbz View Post
    I'm sorry, but I really can't speak to any of that at present. Right now, I'm afraid you'll just have to wait and see.

    This is the trouble with releasing info early... lots of very pertinent and reasonable questions get raised, however we can't answer them without detracting from the big reveal. Please bear with us and we'll be able to give a full account of the game in due course.
    Yes, I understand, it will be done. The stage is set. lol

    No problem I canīt help my curiosity Hope we will get some new info soon.

  25. #250
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeythumbz View Post
    As for preparation, I mean that we're prepping to show you the game and get it into a fit state for hands-on trials.
    May I ask what you mean by hands-on-trials? Is there going to be a demo of the game available? Is this just going to be for your testing team or can fans get involved?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raina Audron View Post
    Thank you for the answers. I have a few more questions (if you canīt answer, no problem ):
    b) Could you maybe elaborate what does Black Cloth refer to or is it a spoiler of some sort?
    Every time I hear the words Black Cloth it makes me think of an elite/secret society/guild, I don't know why.

    I am really intrigued and curious to see what this game is going to be, I have defiantly warmed to the idea of it since it's going to contain the lore of Nosgoth/the past games.
    What I lack in intelligence I make up for with enthusiasm
    http://lucinvampireslair.blogspot.co.uk/

Page 10 of 61 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •