Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official TR10 Wish List

The only swearing I can recall from Lara was after she woke up and discovered Sam had gone missing,the scene with Roth before she has to up to the wolves den, and in the helicopter as discovering the bottle was empty. Then Sam dropped the F-bomb once on the radio with Lara.

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post

Heh, thanks for clarifying. But you're still wrong IMO, because Lara *does* swear quite a lot in TR9 with vulgarities (she also says the S-word often). There's no denying that. Even the devs said so

So I stand by my view that it's not a case of "minor swearing". As I said earlier to someone else - try playing the game with subtitles on and you may catch a lot more occasions where Lara swears; they are often easily missed in the heat of battle.

lol, sounds like i really have to play to with it on. because i can hardly remember hearing lara swear a lot. and yes, in battle i am more focusing on the enemies then what lara says.

What worked in a completely different game is irrelevant to me, really. If it worked in May Payne - great. TR is a different game.
    i dont really see this as a difference. both are third person shooters and both contain mature content. only that we have a female protagonist in a different setting.

lol, you're laughing at something I have never claimed, so the joke's on you

I didn't say that women do not swear. I know they do. My girlfriend does, too. That's all fine and I'm not claiming otherwise
    i was just referring to your word "lady like".
    and i wanted to point out that these ladies do swear. lara on side now.

The 18+ rating has nothing to do with it. If the game was rated teen and used the exact same kind of language as in TR9, you wouldn't magically change your mind about swearing, would you?

Just because a game is 18+ doesn't automatically mean that suddenly "everything goes". If CD would use the rating logic as a justification to release nude raider there would still be an uproar about it.
    at times the rating does matter if bad language is used a lot or even nudity. i havent played a T rated game that had a lot of profanity or naked people. plus, in australia we dont really have these rating. G, PG, M, MA and now, finally 18+, are the ratings we have here for games.
    plus, i never said that a 18+ rated game means you can do anything you want. besides, TR9 is rated MA15+ with the "strong violence" written next to it. surprisingly nothing about the language.
    well, doesnt matter if the game is rated 18 or not, people always complain if they see as much as a tiny little bit of a private part. im pretty sure some will complain about the newest metro game because it contains nudity. even the witcher got complains. and this game has been rated MA15+, so as far cry 3. and they wrote next to it that it contains nudity and sex scene.

lol, so "losing it" automatically means saying the S and the F word? That's a very simplistic way of looking at it, IMO. If you're saying those profanities in moments of stress, it still means that you are already conditioned to use that kind of language. And that just means that Lara is less of a role model than she used to be.
    well, dint CD say we should forget everything about the old lara??
    and besides, we actually never hear lara use bad language when she was with her friends. not even with sam (at least out of my head now). she used it only when she was alone. so i dont see this as a bad thing. sure, it might hurt her image as a role model if you want to go in to this direction but talking to her self using bad language is not really a bad thing now, is it?
    but i guess we both have different views about it. so lets leave it at that

No, it's not that black&white. Some images can hurt more than some words, and some words can hurt more than some images.

One isn't automatically "worse" than the other.

You can't tell me that Michelangelo's David is more controversial than, say, Sarah Silverman, Rosanne, or Richard Pryor.

ok, i have no idea who these people are. never heard of any of them.
    yes, both are bad but mainly nudity is seen by many as the worst thing then profanity.

Well, Lara took off her towel in her own house and right before she took a shower. So it could not BE any more contextually justified
    but still, it was to show how sexy she is. doesnt matter now if she is at home about to take a shower. it was a clear indication to show off her figure.
    signature image

54. Keep Camilla. (How could I miss that. Totally want her back in sequel.)
    90. More searchable containers/ items hidden within and with context

Quote Originally Posted by pidipidi39 View Post
    But you have two ways in TR9 D:

Or do you mean being able to do stealth or combat everytime?
    You not always have two ways. There was levels in witch you just have to go strait ahead like a train with no choice at all.
    Don't like levels like this one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI76w6XmbtA
    Lara shold be a person, but when I'm looking on this silliness I don't feel like controlling a person, I feel like controlling the Super Mario, who can go only forward or backward. Developers create pretty realistic game, but realism is disappearing when linearity is showing up. It's fail. Player always should have a choice!

Added to OP

well, maybe in the next game we might have some choices. it sure would look good, choices always means replayability.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Li Mu Bai View Post
    You not always have two ways. There was levels in witch you just have to go strait ahead like a train with no choice at all.
    Don't like levels like this one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI76w6XmbtA
    Lara shold be a person, but when I'm looking on this silliness I don't feel like controlling a person, I feel like controlling the Super Mario, who can go only forward or backward. Developers create pretty realistic game, but realism is disappearing when linearity is showing up. It's fail. Player always should have a choice!
    Yes, on this you are totally right
    Even if I remember completing that section without killing the two guys on the roof

Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post
    For me, the problem is that when you get near a "secret" tomb you have bells + white chalk drawings + a text saying you are near a tomb! This is just too much in my opinion!!! It's like it has neon lights pointing to it!!!
    Agreed, this was way too much hand-holding. It should at least not have been this noticeable on hard difficulty setting.

Do we have a wish already for this? If not, sign me up for the following:

My wish: If there will be optional tombs again, don't blatantly announce it with bells or other in-your-face hints when the difficulty setting is set to hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    lol, sounds like i really have to play to with it on. because i can hardly remember hearing lara swear a lot. and yes, in battle i am more focusing on the enemies then what lara says.
    Heh, if you do, let me know if you changed your mind

i dont really see this as a difference. both are third person shooters and both contain mature content. only that we have a female protagonist in a different setting.
    Well apart from the fact that TR is actually NOT a third person shooter game, they are still different games with different characters and I for that reason I don't like to compare games in way like "X worked for Y, so the same should apply for Z".

Lara is not Max and Max is not Lara.

i was just referring to your word "lady like".
    and i wanted to point out that these ladies do swear.
    Heh, that was my point exactly - you made it seem as if I was claiming that woman do not swear, which wasn't the case.

All I said was that using profanity is not very lady-like. And that's pretty much a fact (as in, common knowledge).

It's the same as if I would say "Not holding a door for a woman is not very gentleman-like" and then you replying with "Men don't have to hold doors for women, I know plenty of men who do not hold doors for women" - you would be seen as arguing something I never claimed in the first place.

Get it?

at times the rating does matter if bad language is used a lot or even nudity. i havent played a T rated game that had a lot of profanity or naked people. plus, in australia we dont really have these rating. G, PG, M, MA and now, finally 18+, are the ratings we have here for games.
    plus, i never said that a 18+ rated game means you can do anything you want. besides, TR9 is rated MA15+ with the "strong violence" written next to it. surprisingly nothing about the language.
    well, doesnt matter if the game is rated 18 or not, people always complain if they see as much as a tiny little bit of a private part. im pretty sure some will complain about the newest metro game because it contains nudity. even the witcher got complains. and this game has been rated MA15+, so as far cry 3. and they wrote next to it that it contains nudity and sex scene.
    Well obviously, a game rating is going to determine what kind of language is allowed to be used, yes. If a game is rated teen, then you most likely won't find the F word in the game. But that's not what I was saying. I meant that the game rating doesn't matter in this discussion.

You just exemplified why the rating is irrelevant in this discussion - what is allowed in the USA, for example, is something different than what is allowed in your country. Games get rated differently in different countries. So to use the rating argument in this discussion is pointless. We should discuss things from our own personal POVs, not what our countries decide is okay for a certain age group to see

well, dint CD say we should forget everything about the old lara??
    CD can say whatever they want, it doesn't mean I have to blindly follow their instructions like a sheep

Besides, Karl was not very smart to say that, IMHO. It caused a lot of confusion and even bad blood amongst some fans from what I've heard

He later on nuanced that sentence, saying that it shouldn't be taken too seriously. Maybe you missed that part?

and besides, we actually never hear lara use bad language when she was with her friends. not even with sam (at least out of my head now). she used it only when she was alone. so i dont see this as a bad thing. sure, it might hurt her image as a role model if you want to go in to this direction but talking to her self using bad language is not really a bad thing now, is it?
    Okay, let me first say that there is nothing wrong with a person talking out loud to themselves and using profanities. No one gets hurts with that, no. If I bump my toe when I'm alone in my house, I may also use vulgar language to express myself.

However, that is not quite the same as intentionally writing such language in the script, having the script read by Rhianna's superiors and having them approve of it, then having the programmers program it, then having the voice actress record it, and finally having it printed on the disc.

In the RL example, no one except myself will hear the profanity - no harm done. In the Lara example, millions of gamers hear the profanity - huge difference there.

Secondly, I'm not sure you are right with saying that Lara only swore when she was alone. I'm pretty sure I remember she swore in front of Roth, and also a few times over her walky talky.

ok, i have no idea who these people are. never heard of any of them.

Hmm, okay, if you're not watching TV all that much, I guess you can get away with not knowing Sarah Silverman and Richard Pryor. And I guess even Rosanne (although that really surprises me, as she's such a cultural icon).

But surely you must know Michelangelo!

David?

Sistine Chapel?

yes, both are bad but mainly nudity is seen by many as the worst thing then profanity.
    Which is completely backwards, if you ask me.

A naked body has never harmed anyone. Vulgar language, on the other hand...

but still, it was to show how sexy she is. doesnt matter now if she is at home about to take a shower. it was a clear indication to show off her figure.
    No, actually. It was to show off Lara's rebellious spirit.

Hillary was trying to turn Lara more into a lady (ironic, considering the discussion, ha ) and Lara dropping her towel in front of Hillery was her way of saying "I don't want to be posh" in a cheeky, mischievous way.

There was nothing sexual about that scene. Well, at least not to me...I realize that some folks have that "nudity = sex" mentality, but here in Europe (well, in Holland and in the Czech Republic, at least) we generally take nudity as something normal and natural.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Default List

My choices

Add to list
    - Riding in a horse

Can we add this to the list:

- Stealth crouch button as an addition to auto-cover

1. Lara should be able to swim/dive under water
    4. More Tombs to explore and should take longer
    6. Different locations to explore, like Egypt, Peru, etc
    18. More outfits
    25. Health packs. No regenerating health

Smile My wishlist

1. Lara should be able to swim/dive under water
    2. Make TR open world.
    6. Different locations to explore, like Egypt, Peru, etc
    12. Keeping the Bow
    13. Keep the climbing axe.
    14. Dual pistols.
    18. More outfits.
    21. Croft Manor.
    22. Having vehicles.
    23. Acrobatic moves.
    24. More background about Lara’s past.
    30. Able to choose and costume Lara's load out.
    34. Keep Lara single.
    43. Having Lara’s famous backpack
    45. Keep axe-climbing.
    47. Having a grapple hook
    67. Better secondary characters.
    68. Do Swan dives.
    70. Sprint system
    73. Lara in a dress
    77. Conclude the issues related to Lara's parents
    82. Lara learn some martial arts techniques during the game.
    83. Ability to set and create traps.
    84. More supernatural elements.
    85. Completely new secondary characters in every new game.
    87. More mature and little bit sexier Lara.
    92. Return to the "unreal.

Thank You ;D

50. Keep Lara’s human side.
    79. Give Lara some sharp wit humour.

1. Lara should be able to swim/dive underwater
    4. More tombs to explore and should take longer
    5. Keep secret tombs secret. No bells and arrows to point it out
    6. Different locations to explore, like Egypt, Peru, etc.
    7. Harder Puzzles
    11. Less combat more exploring
    14. Dual pistols
    17. Having traps
    18. More outfits
    19. More boss fights
    21. Croft Manor
    23. Acrobatic moves
    25. Health packs. No regenerating health
    34. Keep Lara single
    38. More animal enemies
    41. Replay chapters
    42. More platforming
    44. NO WHITE LEDGES (why do they till keep this anyway, after years of complaining??)
    71. No more Samantha Nishimura in future games, not even mention her
    79. Give Lara some sharp wit humor
    80. A lot more puzzles
    89. No linearity at all. Even in action-packed levels you should have at least to ways of going through.
    91. Lose the profanity - regardless of the 18+ rating
    A refrigerator- when you open the door, the light goes on, but when you close the door, the light goes off... or does it?

Just like old games and as others suggested I would like to meet more exotic enemies from all over the world. Some ideas to give the game a more cultural perspective drawing attention to the histories of other ethnic peoples would be the following which span the different continents. (Maybe each continent could be a DLC? creating the largest sandbox world ever, pretty cool marketing line!!!!)
    Yetis aKa Abominable Snowmen (Asia)
    Ice Giants (North America)
    Minotaurs (Greece)
    Aliens(Africa)
    Zombies Pirates (Spain)
    Witches/Wizards (Europe)
    Chupacabras (South America)

Added to OP

also, i added my vote to 94.

@driber
    not directly your choice of words regarding your wish, but wish #5 pretty much comes close to it
    so if you want, your wish can be added to it.

when i hear the word "lady" i think of fancy/rich women. so i guess we both dint understand each other with that. but i do understand your meaning. but i dont take this thing too serious. its to me a figure of speech, nothing more. women do swear, there is no law saying that "ladies" shoulndt swear.

and as i said, i can only remember lara swearing for her self and not with others. thats something small i dont really look at. i guess i really dont have a problem with profanity as such.
    yes, of course the players hears it. and if someone takes it so seriously for a hand full of words being offensive, then they shoulndt play it. it has been stated that profanity is used in the game. but in TR its not the case that profanity is used in every single sentence. if so, then i would have a problem with it as well.
    but i guess this is a matter of opinion. if lara wants to use some bad words, thats fine, its not like she uses it in every sentence.

i used to live in switzerland. so i know that nudity is not a big thing either. especially in germany. you see more naked women and sex scenes in simple TV shows during daytime that makes the playboy magazine look like a childrens book.
    and nudity is seen more as a bad thing because these people who complain and still being listened at, are these hysterical mothers . most of them dont see bad language as a huge problem but as soon they see a tiny bit of nudity, they are already a nuclear explosion.
    then they complain about it like its the worst thing on earth wile bad language to them is more or less a minor thing. even when i went to school in switzerland, profanity was not accepted but they treated it more like "dont do it again" minor thing. but as soon someone just as much mentions "sex" or any sexual references or pictures, they went all crazy and punished that person with cleaning duties or what ever. and most teachers really treated it as very serious then profanity.
    no, im not making this up.

and yes, i really dont watch tv since its mainly crap on it and these stupid adds turn me off immediately.
    yes, i do know david and sistine chapel. just i wasnt sure if you were talking about a tv show.
    but still, people complained about them as well. and again, its these stupid hysterical mothers. so you see, doesnt matter. every little thing is a problem.

ok, but lets leave it at that. we clearly have different views on that matter.
    Last edited by Metalrocks; 05-21-2013 at 05:37 AM.
    signature image

I vote for these:

1. Lara should be able to swim/dive under water.
    5. Keep secret tombs secret. No bells and arrows to point it out.
    6. Different locations to explore, like Egypt, Peru, etc.
    7. Harder Puzzles
    11. Less combat more exploring.
    12. Keeping the Bow.
    14. Dual pistols.
    18. More outfits.
    21. Croft Manor.
    22. Having vehicles.
    23. Acrobatic moves.
    25. Health packs. No regenerating health.
    43. Having Lara’s famous backpack.
    44. No white ledges.
    68. Do Swan dives.
    69. The ability to turn off helper buttons. Just like LAU had.
    70. Sprint system
    74. Return of the TR1/Anniversary Classic outfit
    79. Give Lara some sharp wit humour (6)
    80. A lot more puzzles.
    89. No linearity at all. Even in action-packed levels you should have at least to ways of going through.

And my wishes:
    No drops on the camera/screen when Lara is around water!
    More archaeology-adventure-exploration, less "survival".

Quote Originally Posted by Ravn View Post
    No drops on the camera/screen when Lara is around water!
    You can actually disable them on PC in TR9
    Last edited by pidipidi39; 05-21-2013 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pidipidi39 View Post
    You can actually disable them in TR9
    That's PC only.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

That's PC only.
    Oh, right

@driber
    not directly your choice of words regarding your wish, but wish #5 pretty much comes close to it
    so if you want, your wish can be added to it.
    Ah, perfect. Yes, add my +1 to that wish, please

when i hear the word "lady" i think of fancy/rich women. so i guess we both dint understand each other with that.
    Heh, I guess. The word "lady" does have several definitions, after all.

http://dictionary.reference.com/brow...mit=Dictionary

I was talking about the first definition on that page (which is IMO the most commonly used one):

la·dy
    [ley-dee] noun, plural la·dies, adjective
    noun
    a woman who is refined, polite, and well-spoken: She may be poor and have little education, but she's a real lady.

but i do understand your meaning. but i dont take this thing too serious. its to me a figure of speech, nothing more. women do swear, there is no law saying that "ladies" shoulndt swear.
    The "swearing isn't very lady-like" phrase I used earlier is an etiquette rule, not a law, no.

So...what's your point? Just because it's not a law doesn't mean it's a socially accepted usage of language.

(FYI - it is a law in some countries, actually, but that's just a side-fact and not really relevant to this discussion. I'm glad I live in a country where I'm allowed to say any vulgarity I want and not go to jail for it )

and as i said, i can only remember lara swearing for her self and not with others.
    Yes, you already said that, indeed. And I said that I don't think you are correct

IIRC, Lara didn't swear just when she was alone, but also in the presence of others.

thats something small i dont really look at. i guess i really dont have a problem with profanity as such.
    yes, of course the players hears it. and if someone takes it so seriously for a hand full of words being offensive, then they shoulndt play it.
    it has been stated that profanity is used in the game. but in TR its not the case that profanity is used in every single sentence. if so, then i would have a problem with it as well.
    What gives you the impression that "I take it so serious"? I don't.

I just don't like it; it's not very Lara-like IMO. And I'm not the only one who thinks so.

To say to those who do not like to hear Lara using vulgar words that they just shouldn't play the game is not really nice. That's like dismissing people's opinions just because you yourself don't have a problem with it.

Many, MANY folks do not like white ledges, for example. Would you tell all of them "so don't play the game then"?

It's not like I'm going to boycott the game just because of some explicit language. It's not that a big of a deal. But this is a thread for voicing your wishes, is it not? And that's exactly what I'm doing

but i guess this is a matter of opinion. if lara wants to use some bad words, thats fine, its not like she uses it in every sentence.
    No, but she does swear a LOT. Even the devs said so. So let's neither exaggerate it, nor downgrade it

i used to live in switzerland. so i know that nudity is not a big thing either. especially in germany. you see more naked women and sex scenes in simple TV shows during daytime that makes the playboy magazine look like a childrens book.
    Heh, we get German satellite channels over here, so I know exactly what you're talking about

and nudity is seen more as a bad thing because these people who complain and still being listened at, are these hysterical mothers . most of them dont see bad language as a huge problem but as soon they see a tiny bit of nudity, they are already a nuclear explosion.
    While I don't think it's very respectful to refer to them as "hysterical mothers", I do agree with the point that some parents' priorities are sometimes out of whack.

There is a wonderful episode of South Park about this, called "Death". A recommended watch, heh.

then they complain about it like its the worst thing on earth wile bad language to them is more or less a minor thing. even when i went to school in switzerland, profanity was not accepted but they treated it more like "dont do it again" minor thing. but as soon someone just as much mentions "sex" or any sexual references or pictures, they went all crazy and punished that person with cleaning duties or what ever. and most teachers really treated it as very serious then profanity.
    no, im not making this up.
    I wouldn't think you're making it up; this doesn't surprise me one bit. The world is still way to prude when it comes to nudity and sex, IMO.

and yes, i really dont watch tv since its mainly crap on it and these stupid adds turn me off immediately.
    yes, i do know david and sistine chapel. just i wasnt sure if you were talking about a tv show.
    but still, people complained about them as well. and again, its these stupid hysterical mothers. so you see, doesnt matter. every little thing is a problem.
    As I said, I do agree that some parents have their priorities out of whack, however, that doesn't nullify the problem that language and social norms are degrading. To wave it off as "mothers just being hysterical" is a too easy cop-out, IMO.

I don't know if you have children, yourself, but I wonder what will be left of your nonchalant attitude when it hits close to home. For example, your 13 year old daughter saying "F---ing hell, grandma, that's a S---ty haircut you got" to your mom after returning from the hairdresser

ok, but lets leave it at that. we clearly have different views on that matter.
    Are you sure? You seem more than content to prolong on this conversation

Added top OP

dint know you can actually disable the water effects in the pc version. guess dint care much for it. well, doenst really bother me.
    Last edited by Driber; 05-22-2013 at 09:01 AM. Reason: .
    signature image

What I REALLY hope to experience:

7. Harder Puzzles (19) !!!!!!!

I also vote for these:

1. Lara should be able to swim/dive under water. (20)
    2. Make TR open world. (8)
    4. More Tombs to explore and should take longer. (19)
    5. Keep secret tombs secret. No bells and arrows to point it out. (14)
    6. Different locations to explore, like Egypt, Peru, etc.(12)
    10. More stealth opportunities, like avoiding enemies/ non-lethal take downs. (14)
    11. Less combat more exploring. (8)
    12. Keeping the Bow. (18)
    14. Dual pistols. (15)
    17. Having traps. (12)
    20. Keep it 18+ rated. (16) !!!
    21. Croft Manor. (13)
    22. Having vehicles. (11)
    23. Acrobatic moves. (9)
    34. Keep Lara single. (10)
    43. Having Lara’s famous backpack. (10)
    44. No white ledges. (16) !!!
    53. Keep the gameplay mechanic. (14)
    67. Better secondary characters. (7)
    68. Do Swan dives. (7)
    69. The ability to turn off helper buttons. Just like LAU had. (10)
    73. Lara in a dress (6)
    80. A lot more puzzles. (7) !!!!!!!!!
    89. No linearity at all. Even in action-packed levels you should have at least to ways of going through. (6)

__

+ A random wish: Something high-tech like VCI in Chronicles would be orgastic to play.

If the sequel does follow Crotoan and the Lost Colony, using the direction of John Carpenter's 'The Fog' and 'The Blair Witch Project', would be great for the atmosphere of the game as TR 2013 does have the feel of the great 1970's thrillers and horror movies like 'Deliverance' and 'The Hills Have Eyes.'

And exploding/'popping' headshots.
    Last edited by IRON LOBSTER; 05-22-2013 at 05:12 AM.
    "Jaffa Cakes" One liner to make it into the next TR!

Added to OP
    signature image

4. More Tombs to explore and should take longer.
    7. Harder Puzzlez.
    28. Lara’s main scars, like above her hip should be permanently on her.
    34. Keep Lara single.
    44. No white ledges.
    50. Keep Lara’s human side.
    Last edited by Neurosurgeon; 05-22-2013 at 09:51 PM.

74. Return of the TR1/Anniversary Classic outfit
    75. Winston to appear
    76. Use 'ah ha' plink for secrets throughout game
    78. Sell all multiplayer DLC maps together in one pack rather than separately
    79. Give Lara some sharp wit humour
    80. A lot more puzzles.
    81. Ability to set the difficulty level of puzzles. So if you want challenge - you can have one.
    82. Lara learn some martial arts techniques during the game.
    84. More supernatural elements.
    89. No linearity at all. Even in action-packed levels you should have at least two ways of going through.
    92. Return to the "unreal".
    96. Having Hi-Tech gear.

(Note-96)

Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast