Eidos Forums

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Hitman Series > Hitman - Technical Forum

Old 04-11-2013, 03:01 AM
IOI Community Manager
Eidos Administrator

Default Hitman Companion App FAQ

The Hitman: ICA Companion app released by Io-Interactive and Square Enix is available globally through the App Store and Google Play.

The app was updated to version 1.2 on 12th March 2014. The full change list for this update and an updated FAQ for both platforms are included below.

Full change list for March 2014 update

FAQ - Last updated 13th March 2014

Q: What is this account I need to sign up for?
A: You need to sign up for a Square Enix Membership (SEM) account and link your game platform account (i.e. the platform on which you played either ‘Hitman: Sniper Challenge’, ‘Hitman: Absolution’ or ‘Hitman: HD Trilogy’) to that SEM account. If you already have a Square Enix Members account, you can use that – just remember to link it with your game platform account and then the app will be able to track your ‘Hitman’ progress and stats. Register for a Square Enix Members account inside the ‘Hitman: ICA’ app or here.

Q: I want a Square Enix Membership account, what should I do?
A: To get stats and view your own performance in the ‘Hitman: ICA’ app, you will need to have a Square Enix Membership account. If you haven’t already signed up, go here , register and follow the onscreen instructions. Remember to link your gaming platforms to your Square Enix account on the homepage and boot up your ‘Hitman: Absolution’, so it can detect your data. You will then be able to log-on to ‘Hitman: ICA’ with full access.

Q: Why do I keep getting “failed to log in”-message?
A: Please check your password and make sure that you either are using your Square Enix Username or the registered email for login. Notice that it’s not possible to login using your Square Enix ‘nickname’. If you’re unsure about the difference between your ‘nickname’ and your ‘username’, default to using the associated email.

Q: The App asks me to “link profile” even though I already did?
A: The reason for this could be that you need to boot up a supported ‘Hitman’ game (‘Hitman: Sniper Challenge’, ‘Hitman: Absolution’ and ‘Hitman: HD Trilogy’) and play a ‘Level’ or ‘Contract’, after you have linked the game platform to your Square Enix Membership account. Otherwise, the system won’t be able to detect your personal ‘Hitman’ data. Notice that you have to be signed in to the gaming platform service before starting the ‘Hitman’ game.

Q: I don’t know how to link my Steam (PC), PSN (PlayStation3) or Xbox Live (Xbox360) user profile to the app. Please tell me how to do that.
A: To get stats and view your personal ‘Hitman’ performance in the ‘Hitman: ICA’ app will you need to have a Square Enix Membership account that are linked to your gaming platform account. The system is currently supporting: PC (Steam), PlayStation3 (PSN), and Xbox360 (Xbox Live).

1. Go to your Square Enix Membership account.

2. Go to Square Enix Member ‘Settings’ –> ‘Linked accounts’.

3. Select your ‘Hitman: Absolution’ gaming platform and link the platform account.

4. Check that you are signed in to the gaming platform account, before you launch ‘Hitman: Absolution’.

5. Play a ‘Level’ or ‘Contract’, then the system can detect your ‘Hitman: Absolution’ profile and you should now be able to log in to the ‘Hitman: ICA’ app.

Q: I don’t have a CD key or serial number, what should I do?
A: You don’t need a ‘Hitman: Absolution’ CD key or serial number to use the ‘Hitman: ICA’ app. In order to detect your ‘Hitman: Absolution’ stats in the ‘Hitman: ICA’ app will you need to link your gaming platform to your Square Enix Membership account on the homepage or in the ‘Hitman: ICA’ app and the system is then able to detect your ‘Hitman: Absolution’ data.

If you own a CD key or serial number for a Square Enix title can you add the game by clicking ‘Add New Game’ and you will then be able to receive related news about the game in your ‘Newsboard’ on the Square Enix Members page.

Q: Which Hitman games are currently supported by this app?
A: Currently, the ‘Hitman: ICA’ app supports ‘Hitman: Sniper Challenge’, ‘Hitman: Absolution’ and ‘Hitman: HD Trilogy’. In order to connect them, you will need to link the platform on which you have played the game with your Square Enix Membership account. We support the following three platforms: PC (Steam), PlayStation3 (PSN), and Xbox360 (Xbox Live).

Q: Can I try the App, even though I don’t have a Square Enix Membership account?
A: Yes, you just have to select ‘Low Level Access’ on the login screen. This will give you access to most of the content, but you will not have access to your personal ‘Hitman’ profile. You will not have access to see statistics, ‘Contract’ or detailed views of ‘Weapons’ and ‘Checkpoints’. See ‘I want a Square Enix Member account, what should I do?‘ for more info about how to sign up for a Square Enix Membership account.

Q: How can I disable the ‘auto-login’ feature?
A: In order to disable the ‘auto-login’ feature for the ‘Hitman: ICA’ app would you need to login with “LowLevel” access, then the app won’t auto login with the previously used account.

Go to ‘Assassin Profile’, select ‘Change Square Enix ID’ and select ‘Low Level Access’ at the login screen.

Q: I have a lot of achievements from the recently released Trilogy but I can’t seem to connect that game to my account. Why?
A: The first version of the ‘Hitman: ICA’ app didn’t support ‘Hitman: HD Trilogy’. In the newest version (which can be downloaded from AppStore or GooglePlay) there is support for ‘Hitman: HD Trilogy’ where it’s possible to view your achievements/trophies and see mission briefings.

Q: Why does my ‘Hitman: HD Trilogy – Blood Money’ display ‘UNRETRIEVABLE’ when using Xbox360 as platform?
A: The ‘Hitman: ICA’ doesn’t have Achievement support for the Xbox360 version of ‘Hitman: Blood Money’ from the ‘Hitman: HD Trilogy’ pack. Sorry for any inconvenience it may cause.

Q: Why can’t I select ‘Steam’ as a platform under ‘Hitman: HD Trilogy’?
A: The ‘Hitman: HD Trilogy’ pack is not available on PC ‘Steam’, meaning that it’s not possible to select the platform in the ‘Hitman: ICA’ under ‘Hitman: HD Trilogy’.

Q: How do I see my friends’ scores and compare them with mine?
A: Agents can see ‘Contract’ scores (their own and those of friends) under the ‘Contract Leaderboard’ page. Under the ‘Checkpoint’ details in ‘Story Mode’, it is possible to see the best score among your friends. Follow these paths detailed below:

Mainframe -> Assassin Profile -> Absolution -> Safehouse -> Contracts -> Leaderboards

Mainframe -> Assassin Profile -> Absolution -> Safehouse -> Storymode > Details -> Load

Q: I am a little confused about these ‘local’ and ‘global’ labels used. Can you explain what they are?
A: The ‘local’ label shows the data from the national country where you registered your linked game platform (e.g. PC). The ‘global’ label shows the data from all countries for your linked game platform.

Q: I don’t have access to the following StoryMode Missions: ‘Redemption at Gontranno’ (HM2:SA) and ‘Requiem’ (HM:BM), why?
A: The two missions are ‘locked’ due to story spoilers and not to affect any new Hitman players gaming experience.

Q: I am pressing the flashing cities on the map but nothing happens?
A: The mainframe map indicates where in the world something new has happened and what achievements have been acquired. The system currently doesn’t support interaction with the map, but it’s possible to interact with the news feed on the right side of the mainframe.

Q: Some of the interface elements don’t respond when I activate them. Are they not all interactive?
A: You can only interact with the grey buttons in the interface.

Q: What do the graphics in the safe house mean? I can see fancy ballistics graphs and so on but I’m not sure what they mean?
A: The app has detailed information about weapon properties for each of the ballistic weapons that the Agents have access too. In the ‘Show Data’ section for each of the ballistic weapons is it possible to browse and see graphs about ‘Accuracy’, ‘Fire Rate’, ‘Damage’, ‘Range’ and other detailed stats.

Q: Why does the keyboard not being activated when selecting the input fields in the login menu?
A: We are aware of the issue about the keyboard not being activated on iOS devices running iOS7, which prevent the users not being able to log in. This issue has been fixed in app version 1.2, check AppStore to get the latest version.

Q: I have a North American Square Enix Membership account, can I use that?
A: Yes, you can use your Square Enix North American Member (SEA) account to log-in to the ‘Hitman: ICA’ app. Remember to link your gaming platform on the Square Enix European site.

Go to your Square Enix Member account.
Go to Square Enix Member ‘Settings’ –> ‘Linked accounts’.
Select your ‘Hitman: Absolution’ gaming platform and link the platform account.

Q: What will Square Enix use my account information for?
A: You can read the Privacy Policy of Square Enix Members here. Section (B) provides details on what the collected information is and isn’t used for.

Last edited by Travis@IO; 03-13-2014 at 03:01 AM.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:10 PM
aka YummyCola

When will the other Hitman games be supported by this app?
Old 06-01-2013, 06:18 PM

Default high level access denied

Why won't ica app let me login with high level access its only letting me in with low level access
Old 06-30-2013, 10:21 AM

I have the i.c.a app on iPad and my xbox account and square enig account are linked but not everything is showing in the app like the sniper challenge achievement's and i got the agency guns dlc but in the app the weapons are still locked are there more people with these problems?
Old 08-03-2013, 07:12 PM
aka YummyCola

Okay, this app has been out for months and it still doesn't let you see information about the Hitman Sniper Challenge or any of the games in the Hitman HD Trilogy!
Old 03-11-2014, 12:49 AM
IOI Community Manager
Eidos Official

We'll have news about an update for the app later this week. Stay tuned.

UPDATE: The FAQ above has been updated today to reflect the new update that is also available!

Last edited by Travis@IO; 03-13-2014 at 02:18 AM.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:30 AM

I just downloaded the app but can not play the game please how can I press play here I actually want to play on a low level profile, please anybody help I really love this game and would love to keep it
Old 10-03-2014, 04:56 PM
New Player

Thumbs down Broken in iOS 8.

The keyboard does not work in iOS 8 either. Tested on iOS 8.0.2 on an iPhone 5 & 6+.