Thread: Inconsistent but constant BSODs/freezes on Windows 8

Default Inconsistent but constant BSODs/freezes on Windows 8

Hi all, I've been trying to play Just Cause 2 on my new CyberpowerPC with Windows 8 and it has been crashing constantly. I've had five types of crashes;

BSOD error WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
    BSOD error SYSTEM_UNHANDLED_EXCEPTION
    BSOD error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    a crash where the game freezes suddenly, but I am able to alt-tab out and quit the program
    a sudden computer restart with no error message given

In a dozen or so play-sessions, these various crashes have either happened immediately on game load-up, soon into the game session, later into the game session, and once I was able to play to my heart's content without crashing.

The time I didn't crash I had done two things immediately before launching the game: re-verifying the game files with Steam, and turning all the graphic settings from High to Low.

PC specs;

Windows 8 64bit
    AMD FX 8350 eight-core processor
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
    16 GB DDR3 RAM
    AMD 760G motherboard

Video and sound drivers are up to date. I tried to update my GPU but was unable to find a driver for Windows 8. From the googling I've done I've heard various things that the AMD processor is the problem or the BIOS is the problem or the motherboard is the problem, and I don't know what to do from here.

All help is appreciated.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=136321

Sounds like we at least get the same BSODs. I thought my hardware was failing, but since we both get the same BSOD, I would think this is a JC2 issue.