Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lunch Date with Meagan Marie!

Thumbs up Lunch Date with Meagan Marie!

As most people are aware, the 2013 PAX East gaming festival was this weekend (22 March through 24 March) and it is a huge event full of amazing people, brilliant cosplay and demonstrations of some killer games on their way to goodness. What I didn't expect was to be invited to lunch with our very own Meagan Marie, the community manager of Crystal Dynamics!

It was an utterly amazing experience. I headed up to Boston with my mother for our lunch date at 12:30pm and it was great to be back in the city and seeing the convention center for the first time. So many awesome people were gathered around for PAX and it was great to see so many lively people and to experience such positive energy.

We arrived at the Westin Boston Waterfront hotel and after 30 minutes of finding a place to park (traffic was understandably abundant) we arrived and met up with Meagan and Amanda, the lovely genius of Console to Closet. We ended up having lunch at M.J. O'Connor's, a really beautiful restaurant and pub inside the hotel. We spoke about gaming, the PAX event and of course, Tomb Raider before we all had our rather fantastic salads (three cheers for eating healthy!)

It was a phenomenal time that I will never forget and it was also a great bonding experience for me and my mother - she's into Tomb Raider almost as much as I am so it was great to hear her thoughts on the new game and the franchise as a whole.

(click image to enlarge)
    (Myself, Meagan, Amanda, Lisa [my mother])

(click image to enlarge)
    (Meagan & I)

I feel so completely blessed for this wonderful opportunity. It was great to go out to Boston and see the PAX East festival and see everyone having a good time. It was even better getting to meet Meagan and speak with her about something I'm so passionate about, like Tomb Raider, and meeting Amanda was a wonderful treat as well. My mother and I had a phenomenal experience together and we couldn't be happier!

I should also mention that we all scored some pretty spectacular Tomb Raider swag thanks to Meagan!

(click image to enlarge)
    (Some amazing TR merch & Meagan signed my game and strategy guide!)

Needless to say, I had the best time of my life! I just also want to mention as a side note that after our lunch, my mother and I took a detour through Somerville (near Cambridge & Boston) to visit a stellar bakery called Kickass Cupcakes that we saw on Food Network a few years ago. That was a sweet treat to top an amazing day.

Thank you so much to Meagan Marie for this one of a kind opportunity and for everything she does within and for the community. Also, thank you for the awesome Tomb Raider merchandise! Thank you to Crystal Dynamics for treating us to lunch, and most of all, thank you to my mother for being a phenomenal woman and accompanying me on the journey to the best day of my life. I love you all!
    "Did somebody say 'vodka?'"
    signature imagesignature image

Aww, it seems you had a wonderful day out! And you got to meet Meagan too. Thank you for writing up about your day. Jealous.

Do you really have got a black version of the bottle? Cool, I only have a transparent one which I got on last years Gamescom in Cologne.

Wow that's special. So sweet to read your comments and see the images.

That is supremely awesome!

Thanks for sharing the photos!

(And making us all totally jealous! )

Thank you so much for the kind words, you guys.
    It was absolutely an amazing time and I am so grateful and blessed to have experienced it. I couldn't wait to get home and share my experience with you all but I did not want the day to end whatsoever!

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Jones View Post
    Do you really have got a black version of the bottle? Cool, I only have a transparent one which I got on last years Gamescom in Cologne.
    Yes! Amanda and I both got the black ones - I love it! You can easily see the text printed. On the back side it says 'A Survivor is Born' as well (for anyone wondering. ) Totally amazing!

Thanks for sharing!
    It looks like an amazing experience!

Oh, it was phenomenal. I've been home for three hours and I still haven't snapped back to reality. It'll hit me when I get in bed tonight and just reflect on the day. Tears of joy will most likely be present.

Great one. Hope you enjoyed. But its not a 'DATE'.

Aww! Come on, let the dude dream! hahaha! He may have used the wrong word, but I doubt he or Meagan mind! Glad you had a good time, OP!
    A Survivor Is Born! A Croft Will Emerge!

Lovely pics and story! It looks like you had great time, reading this i can feel how excited and happy you are

And Meagan is absolutely beautiful!
    signature image

Haha, I like salads too but it seems you to had a great day
    You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.

Lucky you!!!
    signature image

lucky B! lol.
    i find Meg quite inspirational so obv im jealous lol.

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
    Great one. Hope you enjoyed. But its not a 'DATE'.
    LOL I didn't mean a literal date, silly goose.
    Where I come from, we tend to use the term 'date' as a meeting or a plan to do something. Not the textbook definition of date in terms of romance.

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    LOL I didn't mean a literal date, silly goose.
    Where I come from, we tend to use the term 'date' as a meeting or a plan to do something. Not the textbook definition of date in terms of romance.
    Many of here will be less jealous now.

awesome dude, glad to see/hear you had fun and nice goodies
    signature image

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
    Many of here will be less jealous now.
    Hmmmm LOL nope, I understood Valenka's meaning from the beginning, still the same amount of jealous

What a lovely thread and such wonderful pics!

Awesome to hear that you and your mom had a great time, Valenka. You both look so happy

Thanks for sharing!

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Thanks Driber!
    It was so much fun and it was a great bonding experience for me and my mother. We're still incredibly thrilled.

Meagan mentioned you by the way - your awesomeness and your hysterically dry sense of humour.

lmao, how on earth did that come up

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Aw that was such a lovely post to read! Thanks for sharing, you are very lucky! I also think it is so nice you took your mum!

On an unrelated note, does Meagan ever take an unflattering photograph!
    signature image

^ No! She is flaw-free!

Godgan tbh!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    lmao, how on earth did that come up
    We were talking about the community and forums as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DrCroft View Post
    Aw that was such a lovely post to read! Thanks for sharing, you are very lucky! I also think it is so nice you took your mum!
    Actually, my mother took me. She was the designated driver and I wouldn't have made it there without her.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast