Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: forum competition ideas

CD should contribute a dress-able Lara render perhaps. <_< >_>

@Rai: still working on the details

Thanks for that link - that may just come in handy!

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    still working on the details
    Question, can the fan-fic by also a crossover or does it have to remain a strictly TR related fan-fiction?
    signature image
    Lara + Nathan = Lara & Nathan Croft...

We're still some time away from doing the fanfic comp, so I can't say anything for sure right now, but at first thought I don't see why not

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    We're still some time away from doing the fanfic comp, so I can't say anything for sure right now, but at first thought I don't see why not
    Okay cool, I posted a crossover fanfiction of Tomb Raider and Uncharted on fanfiction.net that I'd probably like to submit into the competition if we do have it.
    signature image
    Lara + Nathan = Lara & Nathan Croft...

Anyone want to help me brainstorm Christmas themed competition ideas for this year?

Christmas Lara - Depict Lara doing something Christmas related.

-Similar to that one held a while back in which people were required to take images of a Lara figurine or cut-out doing something iconic, this idea will require a Christmas theme.

(Good yah )

Have Lara actually having a Christmas holiday and have it go terribly wrong. Write the story of 500-1500 words. Go!

Or: Write a story where Lara is searching for the Tomb of Santa Clause (St Nicholas or whatever his real name is). Same word count. Go!

Or for the artistic types, create a comic strip depicting the same story themes (lesser word count obviously)

Yaas. I love the idea of having to fit Lara into a Christmas themed story.

Lara. Mistletoe. And each entry depicts who is under the mistletoe with Lara and what's occurring

But just for added challenge, and to avoid obvious repetition, it can't be Sam
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by adobeARTIST View Post
    Lara. Mistletoe. And each entry depicts who is under the mistletoe with Lara and what's occurring

But just for added challenge, and to avoid obvious repetition, it can't be Sam
    hhahaha
    signature image

I quite like the idea of a cut out Lara (any picture from google, printed out) and then place in some kind of christmassy event

It's nearing that time of year again!

Anyone wants to help brainstorm what to do for this year's Christmas competition, in case we'll have one?

As a reminder, here's what we've done in the recent years:

DEC 2011: Create a Christmas sig

DEC 2012: Create a TR Holiday Card

DEC 2013: Lara's Christmas Story

I also wouldn't be opposed to do a theme we already did, if one of them is particularly popular within the community

I can do little else than write creatively, so that would be my vote. My shop'n skills are weak!
    signature image

Lara themed Xmas cookies!

So, you bake a cookie and decorate it to be Lara or Tomb Raider themed. The best part is that it doesn't matter if you can't cook cause no one can judge the taste!

3 cookies max (one cookie = 1 entry?)

^ I was going to say, how would there be a taste test?

How about creating a TR themed Christmas Carol? Lyrics only, though people could go further by singing their songs if they wanted to (as a bonus, non mandatory component). People could adapt an existing carol or make up a completely new one.
    Last edited by Rai; 11-01-2014 at 02:43 PM.

I completely fail at creative writing ect. So I for sure would be on crafty side

Maybe designing a Christmas tree ball. Drawing, photoshop or painting an actual bauble would be fun I think
    http://hiropon056.deviantart.com/ Do it like a Dudette! signature image

Nice ideas, guys. Keep 'em coming!

Im new to posting... so hi everyone! And hi Driber!

I like the holiday cookies idea. I think that a batch of cookies could represent an entry. Judging could encompass creativity, form, and appeal.

I like writing a story as well. Maybe a short story of an untold adventure? Or insight on how Lara spends her free time on holidays, and how danger follows her even when shes trying to relax! It could be from any time period of any Tomb Raider that has been released.

This isnt holiday themed, but another idea is to craft a prop from a Tomb Raider game from raw materials (like cardboard, foam, wood etc). It could be sculpted, glued, painted, etc. I think people can get alot of ideas here.

Quote Originally Posted by hiropon056 View Post
    Maybe designing a Christmas tree ball.
    I love this idea.
    signature image

Hello and welcome, Kanteanar

Great ideas!

How about designing a Christmas outfit? We could use those dress-up templates again. Though I really wanna do another fanfic contest
    signature image

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123