Thread: Running Thief Gold and Thief 2 on Boot Camp

Default Running Thief Gold and Thief 2 on Boot Camp

Alright, I've got a weird problem with Thief that I haven't found anywhere else online. My only real option now is to post this thread and hope that someone's got the know-how to help me.

So here's the deal, two years ago I went and bought Windows 7 and partitioned the HD on my Mac through Boot Camp. Since then, my computer's had no problems running games like SWTOR, League of Legends, or DCUO. About a month ago, I had a friend recommend the Thief series to me. So I found the Thief Collection box set on Amazon and bought it. I just got it today, and after installing everything I noticed that the first two games had problems.

The first game's problem is that whenever I start it up, it goes straight to the menu and when I try to move the mouse, it doesn't move at all. At first I thought it had frozen, but the sounds are still working. And when I move the mouse, I can still hear it moving over the menu options. I just can't see it moving at all.

The second game's problem is similar to the first's in the sense that I can only hear it. It goes through the little animations for each of the developers first, but I can't see those. The screen is just pitch black. And that doesn't change, I can't even see the menu.

The third game works just fine. The graphics are fine, the sound is fine, the gameplay is fine. But I'd really like to go through them in order.

Like I said before, I'm running these on Boot Camp, so I'm not sure if this has to do with me using a Mac or if it's something to do with it being run on Windows 7 instead of XP or Vista. I'm not exactly savvy when it comes to coding and whatnot, so I was hoping there might be some simple way to fix this.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Your problem is probably lack of compatibiity of T1 and T2 with modern computers. T1 and T2 were never maintained, including re-sold versions, and there were numerous minor fixes necessary to implement manually, and it was a real pain to get them running. Now there are new versions of T2 (1.19, NewDark) and T1 (runs under NewDark) created by fans. They are patches applied on top of your purchased copy. See the sticky threads "How to run... on modern computers" for more detail.
    "What we've got here is a failure to communicate", the warden (Strother Martin), Cool Hand Luke