Eidos Forums
Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider (2013) General Discussion > Technical discussions & bug reports

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 01:04 PM
Developer Representative
Eidos Official

Default PC Patch Released - 1.0.722.3 - March 15th 2013

We have just made public a new version of the PC version of Tomb Raider, build 1.0.722.3. This patch will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. If your game does not update, please restart the Steam client.

In addition to various PC specific fixes this patch brings all the fixes available in the 1.02 console patch to the PC as well, but note that the majority of those was already included in the originally released PC game or version 718.4.

New fixes in 722.3:
  • Addressed an issue in ”Shipwreck Beach” where the mast on the wooden ship was occasionally missing depending on the player’s path.
  • Fixed a gating issue in “Research Bunker” where the elevator would get stuck in an unintended state.
  • Multiplayer Connectivity: An issue related to security certificates that stopped many users from connection to Square Enix servers was resolved.
  • Multiplayer Connectivity: Improved messages when you are unable to connect with Square Enix servers.
  • Voice Chat: New Push-To-Talk feature, by default mapped to F1.
  • Voice Chat: New voice-chat volume option.
  • Voice Chat: Improved overall quality of voice-chat.
  • Fixes for crashes on startup in specific situations when no audio output is available.
  • Fixes for various reported crashes during both single-player and multi-player.
  • Movies are showing up again when using SSAA.
  • Cost of TressFX reduced, especially in combination with SSAA.
  • TressFX memory usage reduced for AMD Eyefinity and NVIDIA Surround setups.
  • TressFX simulation and graphical quality improvements.
  • New Ultra-quality shadow mode for contact hardening shadows. This is not enabled by default in any quality profile, but can be enabled from the advanced settings.
  • Improvements to fullscreen/windowed switching and multiple display handling.
  • Various UI improvements.

While we expect this patch to be an improvement for everyone, if you do have trouble with this patch and prefer to stay on the old version we made a Beta available on Steam, Build718.4, that can be used to switch back to the previous version. Please note however that you can only play multiplayer with people that share your version.

We’ve been working closely with NVIDIA to address the issues experienced by some Tomb Raider players. In conjunction with this patch, NVIDIA will be releasing updated drivers that help to improve stability and performance of Tomb Raider on NVIDIA GeForce GPUs. We are continuing to work together to resolve any remaining outstanding issues. We recommend that GeForce users update to the latest GeForce 314.21 drivers (posting today) for the best experience in Tomb Raider.

We are planning further patches beyond this one to address various issues that have come out of consumer feedback since the release of the game.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:08 PM
Gamer

Wow, thanks Nixxes! I'm really appreciating the quality and timeliness of the patches / title updates being released! This is definitely awesome, I'm looking forward to trying out some of the things affected by these issues this weekend, and look forward to more improvements to come!
Old 03-15-2013, 01:09 PM
Gamer

Yes, thank you!

BTW, I really wish they implemented the effect of Lara disappearing if she intersected with the camera, because I really hate when the camera glitches into her head. I just have a irrational fear of it and it makes me paranoid when playing the game. ._.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:15 PM
Gamer

Thanks for the update.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:21 PM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixxes View Post
We recommend that GeForce users update to the latest GeForce 314.21 drivers (posting today) for the best experience in Tomb Raider.

All i see is that 314.14 beta drivers show up as the latest.Is this some mistake because i cant see a 314.21 driver anywhere.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:23 PM
Developer Representative
Eidos Official

NVIDIA should be releasing those later today, they may not be live yet.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:27 PM
Gamer

Thanks for the update, looking forward to the voice chat improvements next time I play.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:34 PM
Gamer

Wrong forum, nvm.

Thanks for the patch though.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:43 PM
New Player

You guys are so fast and this update is very welcome.

Just hope you can improve the game performance for open areas in your further updates.

Tks.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:48 PM
Gamer

Thanks for the patch Nixxes!

I've got only one problem with this game on PC: it crashes too much :/

On my first playthrough the game crashed about 4-5 times... But casually. Not everytime in the same part. So I was still able to re-open the game and go on
Old 03-15-2013, 01:49 PM
Gamer

Nixxes i love you!!
Old 03-15-2013, 01:50 PM
New Player

"contact hardening shadows"

Can't wait to try that out!
Old 03-15-2013, 01:53 PM
Developer Representative
Eidos Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidipidi39 View Post
Thanks for the patch Nixxes!

I've got only one problem with this game on PC: it crashes too much :/

On my first playthrough the game crashed about 4-5 times... But casually. Not everytime in the same part. So I was still able to re-open the game and go on
What type of hardware are you on? If on NVIDIA hardware the new NVIDIA drivers will hopefully help you, and we are still working with them on additional issues. This new patch also fixes some other crashes we've seen reported so hopefully this will help you.

When using Asus graphics cards, Asus ASD and Smart Doctor programs we have also seen as a source of many crashes on various games, and TR is no exception. To be safe it may be best to use the regular drivers and no ASUS modifications.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:00 PM
New Player

So Lara's TressFX hair no longer clips through her shoulders anymore so that's good.

Only problem I see now is that TressFX clips through her neck now. Looks like you put an invisible barrier around her shoulders but not around her neck.

Not the end of the world, just trying to help make the game look better. TressFX definitely looks a lot better than it did when the game was first released. I'm hard to please.

Edit: Here's an example of what I mean: http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/5...3031500001.png

You can see the hair going into the back of her neck. It also slightly floats over her shoulder but that's not really a problem. It's almost there but not quite perfect yet.

Last edited by wazups2x; 03-15-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:35 PM
Gamer

The Nvidia 314.21 Win 7 & 8 driver can be downloaded from the official website:
Old 03-15-2013, 02:39 PM
New Player

Was hardly an improvement for me both patch and drivers.Not so much of an upgrade.Btw i wanna ask 1 thing.How much support right now even with the new drivers tressfx is having by nvidia?Im asking because im in Shanty Town (a huge area) and with tressfx on im having average again 40 fps to 35 with all else max fxaa on also DOF set to normal and shadows still normal not the new ultra option and it drives me crazy.Why such low fps again at huge areas?Even if i turn tressfx off and all else on max with fxaa DOF to normal shadows also to normal i get around 40-50 fps average.Theres something i dont like and makes no sense here.I thought drivers could be a huge improvement but was nothing.

Heres my PC:

Motherboard:Z68A-D3H-B3
CPU:Intel Core-i5 2400 3.1GHZ
Ram:HYPER-X KINGSTON 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ
GPU:Gigabyte GTX 660Ti Windforce O'ced Version 2GB
HDD:Seagate 1TB SATA III
Power Supply:Thermaltake 750 W
Old 03-15-2013, 02:41 PM
New Player

with this patch the multiplayer is workin now BUT
i get random crashes to desktop o.O
"tomb raider is not working anymore" or sth. like that
Old 03-15-2013, 02:46 PM
Developer Representative
Eidos Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by BountyHuntA View Post
with this patch the multiplayer is workin now BUT
i get random crashes to desktop o.O
"tomb raider is not working anymore" or sth. like that
What hardware are you on? Is the single-player stable for you? If you can make some minidumps produced by the game crashes available I can try to get one of the devs to look at them.

Also, please ensure you've done al the usual things like installed the latest video and audio drivers, etc.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:47 PM
Gamer

Quote:
What type of hardware are you on? If on NVIDIA hardware the new NVIDIA drivers will hopefully help you, and we are still working with them on additional issues. This new patch also fixes some other crashes we've seen reported so hopefully this will help you.

When using Asus graphics cards, Asus ASD and Smart Doctor programs we have also seen as a source of many crashes on various games, and TR is no exception. To be safe it may be best to use the regular drivers and no ASUS modifications.
I use an ATI graphic card
And the OS is Windows 7 64bit
Old 03-15-2013, 02:48 PM
New Player

The 'ChasmStronghold' plotstopper bug ist still there despite beeing officially fixed in the console patch (wich changes are included here).

Are we supposed to start all over again, or will this be patched once more for all of us waiting in front of the barricaded door?!
Old 03-15-2013, 02:50 PM
Developer Representative
Eidos Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedster View Post
Was hardly an improvement for me both patch and drivers.Not so much of an upgrade.Btw i wanna ask 1 thing.How much support right now even with the new drivers tressfx is having by nvidia?Im asking because im in Shanty Town (a huge area) and with tressfx on im having average again 40 fps to 35 with all else max fxaa on also DOF set to normal and shadows still normal not the new ultra option and it drives me crazy.Why such low fps again at huge areas?Even if i turn tressfx off and all else on max with fxaa DOF to normal shadows also to normal i get around 40-50 fps average.Theres something i dont like and makes no sense here.I thought drivers could be a huge improvement but was nothing.
Is the performance in that area impacted significantly by TressFX at all? What is the frame-rate like with it off? It may be that you are CPU limited in this area.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:55 PM
New Player

Quote:
Is the performance in that area impacted significantly by TressFX at all? What is the frame-rate like with it off? It may be that you are CPU limited in this area.
I adress performance even without tressfx if you didnt notice.I gain only about 5-7 fps more with it off.Seriously theres something wrong with huge areas.If my cpu cant then an i7 as well wont make a much better difference.Fps are more stable than before for sure but the main thing that bothers me is why i still cant have a stable 60 on huge areas?

Heres my system btw:

Motherboard:Z68A-D3H-B3
CPU:Intel Core-i5 2400 3.1GHZ
Ram:HYPER-X KINGSTON 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ
GPU:Gigabyte GTX 660Ti Windforce O'ced Version 2GB
HDD:Seagate 1TB SATA III
Power Supply:Thermaltake 750 W

Last edited by Speedster; 03-15-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:04 PM
Developer Representative
Eidos Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedster View Post
I adress performance even without tressfx if you didnt notice.I gain only about 5-7 fps more with it off.Seriously theres something wrong with huge areas.If my cpu cant then an i7 as well wont make a better difference.
There are quite a few others settings you can adjust to help, for example the LOD quality may help if making some slight adjustments without having a big impact on quality.

Performance is still a focus for us here, as well as for NVIDIA, so future patches or drivers could very well still improve this also.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:07 PM
Developer Representative
Eidos Official

We will now be closing this thread, but I would like to thank everyone for their first and quick feedback on the patch in this thread. We'll be back for more soon!
Closed Thread