Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Angel of Darkness: TECHNICAL PROBLEMS? READ THIS FIRST!

Default Re: video files

Originally posted by art
    there is some problem.please help.I can not see video files in a
    game (like xxxx.mpg)

Unhappy WinME + Geforce GTS 2 + Directx 9 + Nividia 4404 drivers = A whole lot of problems

I've read all the FAQ & it seems there's a lot of problems relating to AOD

I thought I'll add mine -

I've tried latest drivers from Nvidia (4403) & Creatives latest (4404) & when trying DXDIAG direct3d test I get 'test failed' mesages - try running AOD & get the error_3d_create fault

I've tried every Nividia driver in the archieves & although 4345 DOES work (I even see the movies) when I shut down computer it locks up & the screen goes funny (Black with small greenlines along top) & I have to reboot, when I restart I get the scandisk function comes up

I'm in fact using old driver 4_13_01_2311 & the game runs but without the movies at start.

Anyone got any ideas why computer locks up

I have a AMD 1.2Ghz
    Creative Geforce 2 GTS
    256Mb ram

Check your dxdiag and look at the directx section..... Maybe there are some errors in there...... If there are, reinstall directx.....

Default Found it

Ok for anyone else that might have a problem uninstalling the game and getting an isscript.msi error here is what to do.

Place the AOD CD1 in your drive and go to start/my computer and right click on the CD.Choose explore,you will see a pc icon with isscript.msi click on it to install.When the installation is finished try uninstalling the game again.It worked for me anyway.

Default Re: I dowloaded the patch, have sound, no movie still

Originally posted by Billie
    I downloaded and installed the patch, as I didn't have the intro movie before...now I have the sound to it, but no graphic/video. What to do now? My system has all the requirements (minimum) needed to run the game "correctly" as it says in the ReadMe file that came with it. I'm running it on a PC, by the way.
    I have a m8 with the same problem, here's a quote of what he said:

the game itself is working smoothly for now, but I'm having several problems in the game:

1. I have downloaded the patch for the FMVs- now I can only hear the FMVs but not see them.

2. I can only hear the main menu, and also if I want to pause the game I can only hear the paused menu and the inventory also. when I try returning to the game itself from the paused or inventory menus, it too becomes black and I can only hear it.

these are my problems. the game itself works ok, controls are ok. but I REALLY need these bugs fixed.

Can anyone help? For god sake this is the bugiest game I ever bought, looks more like its in a BETA stage.

Thanks in advance
    signature image

I've found another problem that needs fixing. And also, I need a bit of clarifacation.

1. Green smoke. It comes out of vents and it's also the exhaust fumes out of Kurtis's (I think) bike. Now as cool as it looks, I'd prefer normal smoke. How do I fix this?

2. FMV. Is there an intro movie to the game? I haven't seen one.

3. The patch info says it puts the shotgun into the game for people who reported it missing. where does the shotty appear?

My System is
    AMD AthalonXP 2400+
    Gigabyte K7 Trition mobo
    512 MB DDR RAM
    GeforceFX 5200 (lol please don't laugh, I needed an upgrade fast)

[edit] OK, I've found there is an intro FMV, but I can only hear it. The screen sort of flickers, and changes colour every now and then, but I can't actually see anything. Anyone have a solution?
    Last edited by Mademan; 08-04-2003 at 03:19 AM.

Thats weird, by what you say you have the patch installed that should have fix that. Then again I heard people complaining the patch did even worse then it was, gossip I guess.

When refering to the missing shotgun, people are refering (I think) to the fact that when you're holding the shotgun, it's invisible. It happens in my game too. But only the shotgun has this problem.

I have yet found another problem when trying to save a game in the Bio-research facility, a general game error:

The Following Error has occured
    Genetic Game Error
    ASSEERTION 'sgSaving == TRUE' at C\projects\tomb raider\Game\core\Savegame.c(94)

The problem I posted before this one is fixed. (no thanks to eidos)

PS: Does ANY LIVING SOUL from Eidos even read this thread? People in here need help! At least give us some hints about what we can do!
    signature image

Unrealized....

Your prob may be the same as I had - I got the same error msg in the same place. I turned on "compatibility mode" in the Sound settings in the game, and that did the trick.

Good Luck

Bazza
    ...life's too short to stuff a mushroom.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot and check back with you if it worked.
    thz again
    signature image

Default I have a prob

Hi,
    I have a problem which has prevented me from proceeding past St. Aicards Graveyard... half the level is invisible, as in all the textures apart from the first small area are transparant, so i cant see where to go. I have a Nvidia GeForce 3 Ti200 with the 4403 drivers and have had no problem with the FMV or anything, and no severe bugs in the game up to this point. It also runs fine on every other level. I have installed the patch which hasnt solved this. Any thoughts appreciated, if you want a screenshot of this inisible level i'd be happy to oblige! I've e-mailed Eidos but having waited a week im getting a bit fustrated!
    Thanx!

Question TnL

Hi All!

Can anyone tell me if the Mobility Radion 7500 AGP (LW) supports TnL? I have been in contact with ATI Technical Support, but they are not being very supportive as they didnt answer my question.
    Any Info will be greatly appreciated!
    Dean.

Question Graphics Cards

Please could somebody let me know which graphics cards are suitable for playing AOD, my current one is a Voodoo3d which is way out of date, it is hard to tell which cards support T & L or is it TNL ??

Or I may have to bin the whole computer

This may cost a bit more than the game is worth

Smile

Hello sturaider what machine do you have? Dont bin your machine just yet, you could only need a upgrade!. I have a Samsung P10 Laptop Pentium 4, 1.4ghz, 512mb DRR, 32mb ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 4xAGP and plays AOD with no problems as of yet! As for TnL or T&L and your Voodoo 3d you sould ask GoranAgar (Moderator Mountie)

Hi Sturaider,

no T&L on any of the Voodoos I'm afraid. And I think it should be written T&L as it stands for Transform and Lighting.

And Astral Matrix, the Radeon 7500 supports T&L.

But really, T&L can be implemented in software and doesn't have to be done in hardware, don't know why Core coded it like that. Would be interesting to know if AOD runs on a Kyro 2 with its newest drivers. It's a dated card, of course, but PowerVR always argued that T&L could be done in software, slower, but still, a game shouldn't refuse to run just because it didn't detect a hardware T&L-compatibility, it should be up to the user. Kyro 2 SE with 'Enhanced T&L' never made it to the market last year, in short it was a speeded Kyro 2 with drivers that fooled the running application, a game for instance, that the graphic card was hardware T&L capable, and then delivered the commands to the CPU and GPU accordingly, making it possible to play games that demanded T&L in the hardware even though the Kyro 2 didn't have it. But, as said, Kyro 2 SE never made it to the market, but that idea was implemented in their latest Kyro 2 drivers.

Now, the Video FAQ lists Kyro 2 as one of the cards that doesn't have T&L alongside the Voodoos and some other cards (such as the Matrox Millenium, which shortly will be incorrect if not already because it's the old G-series that didn't have T&L-support, the new P-series does), but I really do wonder if you couldn't get AOD running on it with those drivers? Does anyone know?

/ M

Thumbs up

Thanks dude!

er, note to the guy with the Voodoo: ok, so they're part of gaming history in their own special way, but it's time to let go. If you want my advice, get a Radeon. nVidia have completely lost it imo

and btw, has anyone figured out how to get the FMV working? It's really annoying not knowing what clearly happened at the start. I've tried the patch but that just got me sound, no footage.

Exclamation

Hi Mademan my FMV & Sound is working just fine! With no patch, what is the patch for anyway?

Here's what the patch, version 42, is for:

"Stopped crashes when Keyboard is remapped to selected keys.
    System deadlock if the correct key is not pressed when playing an FMV
    Systems deadlock or crashes just after loading a level
    Missing shotgun
    EAX logos are now corrected
    FMV player now supports machines with the VMR9 interface."

And I think it also fixes some graphical glitches in the game, not only the missing shotgun, but also some surfaces of a bartender that are invisible, and Lara speaking like a chipmonk on some systems.

But there is apparently a lot more to fix, and as I saw at Beyond3D last week, there exists another newer patch, build 49. I suppose they want to test it more before they release it, but what I don't understand is why this information has to be read at another totally different site that is not related to Tomb Raider at all, and why Core, or Eidos can't be more informative, and tell us what's going on. They could, for instance in this forum, release a statement that a new patch is going to be released, the planned release date, of course without real promises because of possible delays, and what they hope the coming patch will fix. I'm sure such information would be very helpful for some despairing users, and also decrease the distance between the companies and the fans of Tombraider, which I can't help feel has grown because of the many bugs in the game, and the feeling that they don't care... A dialogue with their customers, customer care, I think it's called

Hi guys!

Ok firstly I would like to thank Steelmartin for the patch info. Thanks man! (Y) Although I haven't had to use it as of yet, but then again I haven't really played enough AOD to notice any probs! However if the game is so full of bugs to the point of further patches then what does that say for qualitly control?

Thanx for the thanx, Astral Matrix!

You're right about the lack of quality control, that´s what most of the criticism is about. Some people play AOD without any technical problems, but even so, a lot of people dislike the controls and the way they´re implemented, there are graphical glitches and strange things that makes this game feel like it has been rushed.

For me, its the controls, I don't like them: the response is slow and I don't feel in control in all situations, and there are some strange behaviours as well. For instance, Lara is always facing the enemy when she has her guns drawn. Why? She can't be controlled that way, it's like she has a mind of her own. And in one level after having climbed a ladder to get out of the water, I turned her around to face the ladder and took a step backwards. Or wanted to, that is. Instead of taking one step backwards she turned and climbed back on the ladder again.

One month or two more for testing and fine-tuning might have done the trick, who knows? Almost every pc game I've encountered have had patches to fix things, so it's not that.

So I've decided to put AOD on hold until the new patch is released. Beyond3D gave this answer to a guy asking if AOD really was a stable enough game to use as a benchmark because of the bugs:
    There are a lot of bug fixes in the build (v49) given to me by Core privately but I never bothered to ask what those bug fixes are. If you're referring to gameplay bugs, then it isn't really a concern of B3D's. B3D is a hardware review site -- we focus on what can be benchmarked and/or can be used for graphics quality/technology analysis. TRAOD provides this due our suggestiong to Core and being the first "DX9 game" that can be bought is a bonus.
    I hope it will fix things, I actually believe Core will, given enough time.

Greetings,

Please bare with me because I'm not very good with computers (at least not the technical part of it). I liked TR IV (which I got for free when buying a computer some years ago). Today I bought AOD. Come to think of it the first PC game i have ever bought. Now I get the following error message when I try to start up the game:

The Following Error has occured

SYS_ERROR_D3D_CREATE_DEVICE
    I have read the "TECHNICAL PROBLEMS? READ THIS FIRST! _____ I mean it." but hasn't managed to solve the problem.

Q: I am getting a 'SYS_ERROR_D3D_CREATE_DEVICE'-error on startup.
    A: Make sure your graphic card is enabled in the settings of the game. Make sure the checkbox 'enable' is filled in the graphic tab.
    The checkbox is enabled. How do I make sure my graphic card is enabled? Is that what the checkbox is for? In that case, as i opreviously stated, I have already done this.
    Some people have said that some menues are missing from the settings panel. Just to make sure I'll post what I see when I get into the settings section:

General, SiS 650_651_M650_740, Sound, Mouse, Keyboard

I bought the computer I'm using now just 6 month ago so I think it would have a hgood enought graphic/sound card to carry AOD. But as I said I'm not very good with the technical part of computers so I don't really know.

I've tried to install AOD and the direcX. I've tried to install directX first and the AOD but nothing has made it work.

Exclamation

Hi The Insane what is the specifications of your SIS? I am not a big fan of Silicon Integrated Systems or any other integrated GPU's, but thats just my personal preference and if your SIS is a SIS650 then should be capable of handling TRAOD.

Well anyway maybe your problem lies with configration? After installing direct X did you run the tests with direct draw and direct 3d in the direct X diagnostic tool?

Here is a link to the SIS website with technical info about your SIS. Maybe they can offer some better support.

http://www.sis.com/products/chipsets...ntium4/650.htm

Regards,
    The Astral Matrix.

Well anyway maybe your problem lies with configration? After installing direct X did you run the tests with direct draw and direct 3d in the direct X diagnostic tool?
    How do I do that? I get into a folder called directX but it's only pictures in there. Can't seem to find any program called directX that I can get into and do the test you recomend me to do. It seem kind of strange since it takes quite a while to install direct X to my computer. Well longer time that it would take to just create a folder with pictures in it.

I appreciate the help though...

Hi TheInsane,

I'm sorry to say, but I don't think your integrated graphics chip supports T&L in the hardware, a requirement to play AOD. See this FAQ: TnL Information and Graphics Cards Compatability

Probably the best thing to do is to buy a cheap T&L-capable card and upgrade, if you can do that with your computer.

/ M (still waiting for the patch)

Thumbs up

No Problem anything to help!

To find & run the direct X tests click on the Start button, goto All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Click on the System Information, Click the Tools Tab and goto Direct X Diagnostic Tool.

However if Direct X didn't install properly then obviously there will be no Direct X Diagnostic Tool.

If you find that your Direct X to be corrupt or something you can find the latest Direct X updates from here;

http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/3120-...t+x&tg=dl-2001

Astral Matrix.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast