Eidos Forums
Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider (2013) General Discussion > Technical discussions & bug reports

Old 03-09-2013, 05:30 AM

Default Mountain Village - Unable to Progress (Glitch)

Please forward the following issue to the TR team responsible for patching the Xbox 360 version.

Within the first area of the Mountain Village. I need to get Roth's Pack from the wolf cave. I crossed the plane stretched across the waterfall that is "teeter tottering", and took one step into the wolf cave, but stepped out. I zip-lined down to the building on the lower level. However, I never got Roth's Pack. I'm now unable to go back up the mountain because the body of the plane that got me across the waterfall gap is now gone. Therefore, I'm unable to get up the mountain to get to the wolf cave and collect Roth's Pack. I have no means to progress through the game and feel my only option is to restart.

If I'm perhaps mistaken, please let me know! If not, please fix the game.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:28 AM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginoblaze View Post
Please forward the following issue to the TR team responsible for patching the Xbox 360 version.

Within the first area of the Mountain Village. I need to get Roth's Pack from the wolf cave. I crossed the plane stretched across the waterfall that is "teeter tottering", and took one step into the wolf cave, but stepped out. I zip-lined down to the building on the lower level. However, I never got Roth's Pack. I'm now unable to go back up the mountain because the body of the plane that got me across the waterfall gap is now gone. Therefore, I'm unable to get up the mountain to get to the wolf cave and collect Roth's Pack. I have no means to progress through the game and feel my only option is to restart.

If I'm perhaps mistaken, please let me know! If not, please fix the game.

Same issue here, this sucks i dont want to start all over again, the body of the plane is missing, and i see some skulls and bones in the air. Please help!
Old 03-13-2013, 08:09 AM
Square Enix Customer Support

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Have the both of you tried starting from a last check point or fast traveling? I would also like to know which platform the both of you are playing on? Thank you
Old 03-16-2013, 09:30 AM
New Player

I am playing on the 360 version and have the same issue. I've tried reloading the game, fast traveling away and back again. I even see skulls in the air where the plane body is supposed to be, but no plane body. Stuck here it seems.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:35 AM
Deputy Villain

Is it not possible get back onto the plane, walk up the body, turn around and reach the white ledges?
I thought you might be able to reach them earlier, but never checked, it might be worth a look
Old 03-16-2013, 09:49 AM
New Player

That's the issue. The plane body is missing and you can't get to the ledges from the wing. I've tried.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:54 AM
Deputy Villain

The body is missing? I thought it just slid down to where the cockpit was...
I don't see why it would be missing
Old 03-16-2013, 10:03 AM
New Player

It's obviously supposed to be there. It's just not loading. Even the skulls that are supposed to be inside the body are there floating in mid air. But the body is gone.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:05 AM
Deputy Villain

How odd... I'm guessing you've tried quitting and loading it again?
Old 03-16-2013, 10:09 AM
New Player

I did. Even rebooted the Xbox.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:38 AM
New Player

Reloading last checkpoint doesn't help, i tried several times. The body of the plain is missing skulls and bones are floating in the air, you can shoot the skulls/bones and they will drop and after a few second's they will respawn.
After several tries of jumping and trying to grap a ledge i just restarted the game from the beginning.
So that was my solution, and i have a PS3.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:41 AM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE_LaTanya View Post
I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Have the both of you tried starting from a last check point or fast traveling? I would also like to know which platform the both of you are playing on? Thank you
Tried everything, nothing helps. But this only occurs when you need to go to the cave and get Roth's pack, but if you don't go inside the cave and zip done the line the body of the plane will disappear, so you will never get's Roth's pack and can't continue the game.
I just started allover, i use a PS3.

Last edited by sigpro; 04-03-2013 at 03:53 AM.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:12 PM
Gamer

Can anyone confirm if this issue has been resolved with any of the updates? If no-one posts back I will assume that it has. Thanks.

bibble.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:16 PM

Default Not resolved

I play the game on Steam and have a freshly updated pc build. The plane is still missing. I crossed the water but turned back to explore. I tried to restart the level by fast travelling to other spawnpoints. I also suspected that the collision mesh might remain even though the graphics clearly are invisible, but by jumping numerous times I don't think so anymore. The floating skulls made me suspect that but they are apparently not physiqued in that way.
Any help is appreciated.

(click image to enlarge)
/Isak

Last edited by 154K; 04-16-2013 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Explanation
Old 07-12-2014, 06:45 AM

I have exactly the same problem... making me seriously regret buying this game, such awfull mechanics and bugs! Just wow simply wow, this made me de-install the game after playing roughly 40 minutes.
Old 07-12-2014, 04:51 PM
Tome Raider

So you guys, or at least the OP has already been to the wolf den once, right, so you have the climbing axe? Can't you go the other way up? You don't need the plane at this point. No wait, you don't have the climbing axe yet, but I thought you can still get up there without the plane? My memory is a bit hazy.