Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: TR10 speculation thread / Deciphering Lara's Journal (WARNING - SPOILERS & KITTENS)

Quote Originally Posted by _Ninja_ View Post
    Indiana Jones had Germans. Uncharted had Germans. I hope TR isn't doing it. Let's not do the beaten SS secret research stuff or modern Nazi conspiracy or at least keep it to the minimum.
    I agree, was thinking the same, it would be Lara Jones
    Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Game_Enthusiast View Post
    I have never heard about this. Sorry.
    oh it's not like chess but another board game -Drunter und Drüber is a multiplayer board game invented by Klaus Teuber, first published in 1991 in Germany by Hans im Glück. A second edition was released in 1994 by Hans im Glück and featured art by Franz Vohwinkel. Drunter und Drüber translates to "over and under" although the phrase "topsy-turvy" may be more appropriate.Game of the Year 1991
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by laracrofty1 View Post
    oh it's not like chess but a board game -Drunter und Drüber is a multiplayer board game invented by Klaus Teuber, first published in 1991 in Germany by Hans im Glück. A second edition was released in 1994 by Hans im Glück and featured art by Franz Vohwinkel. Drunter und Drüber translates to "over and under" although the phrase "topsy-turvy" may be more appropriate.Game of the Year 1991
    Okay. Your are right. Now, I know what you mean.
    signature image

I trace the bold lines which seem to be borders, rivers and lakes. No guarantee. But maybe there is a similar landscape on earth.

signature image

I trace the bold lines which seem to be borders, rivers and lakes. No guarantee. But maybe there is a similar landscape on earth.

Or they could be two islands, which would make sense.

EDIT : the shape where the arrow points too has some similarity to Roanoke Island!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by XylophoneDealers View Post
    EDIT : the shape where the arrow points too has some similarity to Roanoke Island!
    Maybe, but the long landmass, the natural barrier before the Atlantic, is missing. It could also be some kind of lake with small islands or a solid landmass with small lakes.
    signature image

Where did Lara even get the book? Was it from her father? Roth? Or did she pull it off the island, I remember she took a map or something at one point in the game.

great work ! France?????
    signature image

Maybe, but the long landmass, the natural barrier before the Atlantic, is missing. It could also be some kind of lake with small islands or a solid landmass with small lakes.
    Yes I did notice that. However, there is no promise that the island will be exactly the same as a map. The thing that throws me however... What is the little "x" at the bottom of the map pointing at?
    signature image

Yes I did notice that. However, there is no promise that the island will be exactly the same as a map. The thing that throws me however... What is the little "x" at the bottom of the map pointing at?
    Actually, there are two "x".

The question is what is mean with Croatoan. The origin or the destination ...
    signature image

Ahh I didn't see that. Well actually looking further into it there is "Roanoke Isla" and "Croatoan Island". One hypothesis is that the colony moved to Croatoan Island where the "Croatoan" tribe lived. Hmm. I really do hope that CD do use this island. This has a very rich history and a very interesting story.
    signature image

looking at the map I saw this hidden in bottom left corner!

signature image

Can someone explain why this would be an interesting story for the sequel? I mean it's a lost colony and a danger obviously drove them towards Croatoan island at least that's what I got from reading the wiki page. What are the theories of what happened to them though? The modern Croatoan island doesn't seem that large either unless I'm just a total noob at looking this stuff up.

Ahh I didn't see that. Well actually looking further into it there is "Roanoke Isla" and "Croatoan Island". One hypothesis is that the colony moved to Croatoan Island where the "Croatoan" tribe lived. Hmm. I really do hope that CD do use this island. This has a very rich history and a very interesting story.
    Was the first time in this forum that I have heard about it. But I am not very familiar with this part of American history.
    signature image

looking at the map I saw this hidden in bottom left corner!
    What did you see, exactly?
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by VodkaSushiRoll View Post
    Can someone explain why this would be an interesting story for the sequel? I mean it's a lost colony and a danger obviously drove them towards Croatoan island at least that's what I got from reading the wiki page. What are the theories of what happened to them though? The modern Croatoan island doesn't seem that large either unless I'm just a total noob at looking this stuff up.
    Well, it's another mystery that no one has the answer to, even now! It's intriguing to me anyways how the whole colony disappeared. Now the most likely answer is that they moved away and integrated with other colonies.
    signature image

Was the first time in this forum that I have heard about it. But I am not very familiar with this part of American history.
    Neither am I, I have never ever heard of it prior to this journal! But it's very interesting.
    signature image

What did you see, exactly?
    if you stare at that part of the map a girls face is there very like Lara! if I can I will try and outline it tomorrow.
    signature image

if you stare at that part of the map a girls face is there very like Lara! if I can I will try and outline it tomorrow.
    I can only see the lips and the jaw. But I see exactly what you mean.
    signature image

if you take the arrow point and the 2 X's we have another triangle!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by VodkaSushiRoll View Post
    Can someone explain why this would be an interesting story for the sequel? I mean it's a lost colony and a danger obviously drove them towards Croatoan island at least that's what I got from reading the wiki page. What are the theories of what happened to them though?
    My personal favorite (completely fictional) theory as to why Croatoan was carved into the tree on Roanoke is in the Dean Koontz novel, Phantoms. I highly doubt that CD is going to go the same route he did, but they seem to at least be using the same baseline.

TR9 focused on the Dragon's Triangle, which holds a 'lost island' and is similar in effect to the Bermuda Triangle. All missing ships and explorers who are never found again. Crystal Dynamics used supernatural reasoning to explain this. Roanoke is a colony that vanished with Croatoan being the only clue.

Both Roanoke and the Bermuda Triangle (as well as a myriad of other lost civilizations and people) are also lumped together in Phantoms and explained away by a single supernatural force.

I think CD is trying to do the same general thing with this mysterious 'Trinity.' It could be an organization or a mythical villain or a God, I don't know. But I think this new focus for the series is going to center on lost civilizations, and Trinity is going to be a key element if not the absolute cause behind everything.

if you take the arrow point and the 2 X's we have another triangle!
    OMG you are possibly on to something- the trinity! And the 3 and III on the other page.
    signature image

Dragons Triangle, Bermuda Triangle, And a third one i dont remember.
    Maybe this is a trilogy of Lara going to each of them?

Maybe just a continual series. Not a trilogy! :P
    signature image

Maybe just a continual series. Not a trilogy! :P
    I think a trilogy would have been better for this reboot.
    Let's say this game is "Girl to Survivor"
    Next game "Survivor to Expert"
    Third game "Expert to a Tomb Raider"
    Since this game did end with "A survivor is born"
    So this is highly possible.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast