Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: TR10 speculation thread / Deciphering Lara's Journal (WARNING - SPOILERS & KITTENS)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrlodgik View Post
    DON'T READ THIS IF YOU DID NOT FINISH THE GAME

Again please post on what you make on the secret message and Lara journal
    I somehow always thought Father Mathias was related to Natla...The way he said his words sounded very Natla-ish....
    Single, you want somethin?

I wonder if the cyrillic note on the other Page have something to do with Croatoan.
    It doesnt make any sense in Russian, but I believe the message is in English just encrypted in cyrillic letters.
    It says:
    Eight have Origin
    Time essiantial
    Lost deed Village
    Anyway, I really enjoyed the game and looking forward for the next installement of the series and the coast of North Carolina sounds interesting.

Oh snap!
    I am curious about Croatoan my whole life, I would love Lara to go there and uncover the mystery of the Lost Colony
    I read an article about croatoan, it said something like the colonists went to live with the natives, but when visitors came there was no one on the colony just a word carved on a tree "CROATOAN".
    As for lost islands, there is another japanese lost island called Yona Guni, I would for Lara go there in a DLC or in a new game, but I kinda have a feeling Lara is sick of japanese islands
    I need the hammer to kill a god!

Quote Originally Posted by TXTwilight View Post
    I wonder if the cyrillic note on the other Page have something to do with Croatoan.
    It doesnt make any sense in Russian, but I believe the message is in English just encrypted in cyrillic letters.
    It says:

Anyway, I really enjoyed the game and looking forward for the next installement of the series and the coast of North Carolina sounds interesting.
    omg, you are right about the cyrillic! I tried reading it backwards but it made no sence. кирилица rules
    The last one is also in cyrillic, it is the word village again, but I can't make out the previous word, the one that has a last letter that looks like ж.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasumi View Post
    Lyle's right. I googled "Croatoa" and found this... I'm having a hard time believing this is just a coincidence... It would be a perfect target for Lara: http://anilbalan.com/2011/10/17/the-croatoan-mystery/

Particularly this bit is interesting:

More info on the Lost Colony: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Colony
    North Carolina? What, I live here. That would a really weird location.

YAY SPECULATION THOUGH.

PSN ID: Weeze_Raider

Quote Originally Posted by DarlinG View Post
    omg, you are right about the cyrillic! I tried reading it backwards but it made no sence. кирилица rules
    The last one is also in cyrillic, it is the word village again, but I can't make out the previous word, the one that has a last letter that looks like ж.
    Three years of Russian in school finally payed off
    The first letter appears to be an "M", it could mean "message" but it is hard to identify, since most of the word is covered up.

On the bottom of the left page, there is also a message in German.
    Sie ist der Schlssel
    The letter "Ü" is missing, which would result in the word "Schlüssel" and the message would be: "She is the key"
    There is a thin red line going upwards from this sentence to a painted cave entrance, which could mean, that this entrance is the key to Croatoan and then the line goes all the way to right page with the map. It seems both pages are connected and related to each other.
    A lot of information for a two second lasting scene.

OMG I hope all of this is indicative of the sequel. So psyched.

Quote Originally Posted by Eisenengel View Post
    Completed, 100%, and bloody heck I love this game. Enjoyed it thoroughly... and it's nice to see a forum where people aren't all whining. And yes, I'm rather keen on seeing the next installment.

For what it's worth, I've allways enjoyed Tomb Raider. But this is the one where Lara is alive, so to speak; I felt rather sorry for Lara at times. She really is put through the grinder.

The other big character of the game is the island itself, and what a marvelous character that is. Huge scope, with quite a few 'what the heck' moments - the ship in the gondola rig stood out in that regard. (I'd love to get more story on that bit...seems insane.).

Anyway... yeah, carry on, guys.
    lara had worse luck than john mcclane.

Wink

Three years of Russian in school finally payed off
    The first letter appears to be an "M", it could mean "message" but it is hard to identify, since most of the word is covered up.

On the bottom of the left page, there is also a message in German.

The letter "Ü" is missing, which would result in the word "Schlüssel" and the message would be: "She is the key"
    There is a thin red line going upwards from this sentence to a painted cave entrance, which could mean, that this entrance is the key to Croatoan and then the line goes all the way to right page with the map. It seems both pages are connected and related to each other.
    A lot of information for a two second lasting scene.
    Dude, I'm writing on cyrillic my whole life and I didn't notice that! Kudos to you!

Dude, I'm writing on cyrillic my whole life and I didn't notice that! Kudos to you!
    Thanks man, but it still does not make much sense, with the little informaton we have
    Whats up with "3", maybe it is also a letter? What is the purpose of the roman III, or is it a symbol for prison? Whats with "_RunTeR", since there is another letter infront of the word, we can assume that it is not the german word for "down" and why change between capital and smal letters?
    Well, maybe I´am reading too much into this, but since I played the Arkham games, I don´t blieve in councidence in such cases.

The game was awesome !
    signature image

Thanks man, but it still does not make much sense, with the little informaton we have
    Whats up with "3", maybe it is also a letter? What is the purpose of the roman III, or is it a symbol for prison? Whats with "_RunTeR", since there is another letter infront of the word, we can assume that it is not the german word for "down" and why change between capital and smal letters?
    Well, maybe I´am reading too much into this, but since I played the Arkham games, I don´t blieve in councidence in such cases.
    I know... Could be an anagram... It could be anything...

I know... Could be an anagram... It could be anything...
    It could be an extra thing they put just for a propaganda :P lol!
    I think they won, we are already discussing it here :P

This is all so interesting.
    Very exciting stuffs.
    I wonder..
    Croatoan..
    Wait.
    I wonder if that Journal previously belonged to Lara's father.
    She talked about how he knew about the mysteries, and then she's browsing through that journal.
    Hm.

The journal definitely reads CROATOAN... As for _RUNTER, I have a thought. The text used for both CROATOAN and _RUNTER is quite possibly an actual font available somewhere that whoever textured the 3D journal model may have used. If somebody could track down that font and mess around with different letters in that font on a word document until someone finds a letter resembling what can be seen of the first letter in the picture of the journal, we might be able to determine the entire word.

(I tried finding any English words that ended with the suffix -runter, and nothing came up.)

The German word is "drunter". From a far you can see a small written "d" as first letter. The writing is written in large and small letters. The word means in English beneath something what covers it. It is German slang for "darunter" use for if you give the answer where something is with only one word. Other example: "Der Stift liegt darunter." "The pen lies below."

The other phrase is "Sie ist der ...". "She (or a feminine noun) is the ..." in english. But the word "Schisser" means not sailor. It is also a German slang word for yellow-belly. Sure is that the readable letters of the word are Sch...sse... . The article "der" implicates a masculine noun like "der Schlüssel" (engl. the key). But you cannot see a "ü". Possible letters written with such line are only "i","f","r", "l" and maybe "t". After "Sch" must follow a vocal if the double "ss" follows to pronounce the word. And possible endings are "r" or "l". But all combinations result in no common German word.
    Last edited by Game_Enthusiast; 03-09-2013 at 09:34 AM.
    signature image

The "3" could have different connections. First these "Trinity group". Trinity: Vather, Son and Holy Spirit. It could also means, according to the mentioned star phenomenon, the Orion star constellation. There are also 3 stars in the center. Very unique. Also could it means the "Trimurti" of the Hinduism. In the game were mentioned the Axis powers what would explain the German phrases. According to that the meaning could refer to the "Triskele-symbol". All of it includes the number three.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Game_Enthusiast View Post
    The "3" could have different connections. First these "Trinity group". Trinity: Vather, Son and Holy Spirit. It could also means, according to the mentioned star phenomenon, the Orion star constellation. There are also 3 stars in the center. Very unique. Also could it means the "Trimurti" of the Hinduism. In the game were mentioned the Axis powers what would explain the German phrases. According to that the meaning could refer to the "Triskele-symbol". All of it includes the number three.
    NATLA IS COMING BACK "I'm very pleased to see you again, younger amnesia Lara"
    Single, you want somethin?

Umm just noticed under further inspection that there is something very small written under the image on the left page of the book. I cannot read it in this shot but I believe the first letter is 'F'.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by XylophoneDealers View Post
    Umm just noticed under further inspection that there is something very small written under the image on the left page of the book. I cannot read it in this shot but I believe the first letter is 'F'.
    "Figure 1 Etching"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etching

Seems to be out of a book.
    signature image

Amazing thread
    I can't wait for TR10!
    But even if I love Yamatai... I don't want TR10 to take a place on an island again XD

Lets just hope the next game isn't as dramatic. Lara is hardened now so we can lay off the
    and drama and little bit. ._.

PSN ID: Weeze_Raider

Maybe the missing 'ü' is because of an encoding issue and nobody noticed it.

Quote Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb View Post
    Lets just hope the next game isn't as dramatic. Lara is hardened now so we can lay off the
    and drama and little bit. ._.
    Yes this, please.

Infuse the drama into other parts of the story, such as the history and mythology.

I am so mad cus i got confused in that scene and didnt get to see the book well
    cus the sailor dude who aproached her was the same dude who was beaten to death by the crazy naked scavangers in a cage 2 hours ago inside the gas caves
    i knew there was gonna be hints
    NICE THREAD
    Mathias used a lot of natla lines, im scared we migth also get a f amanda with a ''spirit''
    dat will kill TR forever
    Last edited by Steven_1379; 03-09-2013 at 10:46 PM.
    TOMB RAIDER PUERTO RICO
    PS it says new gamer but im a tomb raider fanatic!!!!

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast