Eidos Forums
Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider (2013) General Discussion > Technical discussions & bug reports

Old 03-06-2013, 06:53 PM

Default Multiplayer Problem

I'm trying to play online with a few friends. They have the Pre-Ordered copy, I do not. I'm not sure if it does the same thing to them. But when I try to join a friends private game it says:

Failed to join game because incompatible downloadable content versions.

Question is: What in the holy heck? I know a Pre order came with a character. But why is it restricting me from playing with my friends? I CANT even buy any DLC, because there isn't ANY!

Bug?
Old 03-06-2013, 08:44 PM
Gamer

They probably have the Shanty Town map and you don't.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:47 AM

I have same problem as above;incompatible downloadable content versions.

i have shanty town map. i tried join from invite friends from different countries. my friends are all over world.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:52 PM
New Player

Hello, I'm trying to play this game online with a friend but we both keep getting this error when we try to invite each other to a game. I hope someone can clarify for me whether it's a DLC issue or region problem. I'm running a US digital copy of the game with the preorder bonuses (Hitman weapons, Shanty Town map etc). My friend is running a UK disc copy without DLC.

Hoping it's just a bug as would be really disappointed not to be able to game with certain friends :/ Any help would be great - can't seem to find an answer anywhere.

Edit: We are both playing PS3 copies. As far as I'm aware new versions of the game have to be downloaded before we can access online so I assume that shouldn't be the problem?

Last edited by Eros Lanith; 03-13-2013 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Added details
Old 03-13-2013, 01:14 PM
Gamer

Which platform are you playing on? Im on the 360 and I have the 'shanty town' map, and I CAN join friend's and random's sessions who do not.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:17 PM
New Player

Added to the post just as you replied! We have PS3 copies. Hope its not a PSN thing :/
Old 03-13-2013, 01:23 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eros Lanith View Post
Added to the post just as you replied! We have PS3 copies. Hope its not a PSN thing :/
Im fairly certain that all the pre-order content is simply disc locked, otherwise I wouldn't be seeing those hitman weapons everywhere because my version of the game wouldn't have that information.

Just in case, you might try deleting the extra goodies and then try joining your friend. If that does not succeed you'll at least know its not actually anything to do with the DLC.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:09 AM
New Player

Same problem.
I have Pre-order Tomb Raider: Survival Edition and sometimes I can not join friends in whom standard edition TR.

Sorry for Google Translate.

p.s.: patch 1.0.722.3

Last edited by Diablos; 03-18-2013 at 03:31 AM.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:04 AM
New Player

I know this thread is really old and the issue may be irrelevant now, but I did manage to play online with my friend in the end. I uninstalled all my DLC and that did the trick. Haven't even bothered to reinstall it.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:50 AM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eros Lanith View Post
I know this thread is really old and the issue may be irrelevant now, but I did manage to play online with my friend in the end. I uninstalled all my DLC and that did the trick. Haven't even bothered to reinstall it.
AFAIK its only the maps that cause this. There is now an option in the settings menu to turn off the DLC maps if you want to play with people without them.