Eidos Forums
Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider (2013) General Discussion > Technical discussions & bug reports

Old 03-06-2013, 12:29 AM
New Player

Exclamation xbox360 freeze

Hey everyone. Last night my tomb raider game freezed while i was doing a mission. And i decided that i should try too play the next day instead. But today when i tryed too start load my save file it froze the game again.. so i restarted the xbox and tryed again and it froze again why i tryed too load the save file... This is getting really annoying.. It was the same freezes and corrupted save files with hitman absolution... this is the last time im gonna buy a game from this company if it doesn't get fixed.. I hope that this is not a common bug cuz it's a great game overall but i don't wanna redo everything again...
Old 03-06-2013, 02:55 AM
Gamer

Its not something that has been mentioned by anyone so far. I am 42% through on the Xbox and haven't had an issue.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:00 AM
New Player

Sounds like your Xbox I've not had this problem with Tomb Raider or Hitman.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:06 AM
New Player

Ive not had any problems untill that happend. It just suddenly freezed when i was jumping from one place too another and grabbed it with the climbing tool. Im around 73% completion btw. And i still haven't got it too work. I copied the save files too another storage and tryed there but the same freeze happend when i loaded the save files from the other storage. I think my save files might be corrupted after the first freeze.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:29 AM
New Player

I had the same problem until i installed the game on my hard drive instead of playing from the disk. After that it loaded up just fine.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:41 PM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
I had the same problem until i installed the game on my hard drive instead of playing from the disk. After that it loaded up just fine.
Well this seems to be only a temporary fix. Loaded up all fine yesterday and i played until i got hit with the rope ascender bug that has also been reported before in this thread

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=133761

So now i have a 77% complete play through that i can't load and even if i could i am stuck trying to work my way around another bug that will halt the progression of my game. Not a very happy customer right now.

Here is to hoping they can get a bug fix out.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:57 PM

I'm having the same problem. I tried to load a save on my 360, and it would just freeze. Installed to the harddrive, and the save loaded fine after that the first time. Played for a few hours. Shut the 360 off to take a break, now the save is freezing again.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:43 PM
New Player

This thread saved my sanity. I couldn't figure out why I can't load my saved game. I've tried all the suggestions, which will work once then turn off your Xbox for a break and back to freezing again. At least I know i'm not alone and it is a game issue. I hope there is a patch eventually.

Edit: Not that this is a solution but for those like myself who are desperate to play and finish...I uninstalled the game then immediately installed the game. This worked. This time.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:27 PM
New Player

Same problem here so your not the only one. Game freezes console when trying to load a saved game. And even if I do get the game to load Im am unable to fast travel back to where I need to be to continue as that cause's my system to freeze during the loading screen. Basically Im stuck an unable to progress as a result of this. Ive even tried all the fixes people suggest.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:22 AM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAngel1001 View Post
Same problem here so your not the only one. Game freezes console when trying to load a saved game. And even if I do get the game to load Im am unable to fast travel back to where I need to be to continue as that cause's my system to freeze during the loading screen. Basically Im stuck an unable to progress as a result of this. Ive even tried all the fixes people suggest.
There is a work around that is a bit tedious. Install the game on your HDD. The game will work until you quit and turn off your Xbox. The next time you play, you have to uninstall then reinstall the game. I've done this each time i've played the game and it has worked.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:48 AM
iMod™
Eidos Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleSanta View Post
Edit: Not that this is a solution but for those like myself who are desperate to play and finish...I uninstalled the game then immediately installed the game. This worked. This time.
Can you please clarify if the uninstalling + re-installing allowed you to continue using your save games?

Or do you mean you also had to start the game again from the beginning?

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)
Old 03-12-2013, 03:34 AM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driber View Post
Can you please clarify if the uninstalling + re-installing allowed you to continue using your save games?

Or do you mean you also had to start the game again from the beginning?
Sorry. I was able to continue with my saved game. You don't have to start at the beginning again.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:14 AM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleSanta View Post
There is a work around that is a bit tedious. Install the game on your HDD. The game will work until you quit and turn off your Xbox. The next time you play, you have to uninstall then reinstall the game. I've done this each time i've played the game and it has worked.
I tried that and while it did get the game to load again the issue is now I cant fast travel back to where I need to be. The game freezes my console at the loading screen and I have to shut it off. Now once again this morning its back to freezeing at the Continue screen. So much for enjoying this game if I have to spend 30 minutes every time I want to play it just to get the dang thing to load my game.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:45 AM
New Player

Tried another fix someone suggested basically you start a new game and play it for a few minutes. Once you've built up a few auto saves. Quit the game and Load your previous save file for the game you really want to continue. Magically and for no apparent reason it'll load normally like it should. Problem is this is a temporary fix as this does not solve the Continue freeze issue, its only a bypass to it.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:25 PM
Square Enix Customer Support

I apologize for any troubles this have cause. If you are able to load your game, DarkAngel1001 seem to have found temporary fixes for this issue (links below). As we are still investigating this problem, please try their walkarounds so that you may continue to play the game without having to restart.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=135160
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...=134390&page=2
Old 04-09-2013, 12:09 PM
Gamer

Can anyone confirm if this issue has been resolved with any of the updates? If no-one posts back I will assume that it has. Thanks.

bibble.