Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [FIXED IN TU#2] Gamebreaking bug in the research laboratory / elevator doesn't work

Thumbs up Elevator

That is exactly what happened to me. Do you see the fourth cog after you push the fourth floor button? You need to stand on the staircase just above it. turn as if the cog is right in front of you and you will get the blue X button to remove the cog. Please try it and let me know. I know it looks like you can not get the cog out as there is a wall there, but pretend that there is a hole there. I think the level is broken after you remove the third cog and fall over the edge and die. The level does'nt line up properly and it thinks you are at the top of the level.
    This worked for me. I had the same problem. The elevator is supposed to go to the top and the cog should be there, but it gets stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonbillz View Post
    If you are having this issue I need to know if you are having the same problem I was?? You hit the elevator button on the fourth floor and the elevator rises to a point where you would need to enter the elevator and quickly jump through the window where the barricade was. Instead the elevator stops and you are stuck in the elevator. Leave the elevator there and find the cog. The cog does not line up with an opening, but go to the staircase and look at the cog. The X button will show up and you should be able to remove the cog even though it defies all logic. I did not think this was going to work or I would have recorded the solution. Find the cog stand just abouve it on the staircase and try this. It works really I was going to return my Tomb Raider because of this and gave it one last try and it worked.
    No, in my case it appears to be different. When I first entered the elevator room on the 2nd floor I got the first cog, then something happened with the cage, which now is on top of the elevator. This is preventing it from going up to either the 3rd or 4th floors. If I hit the control button on the 2nd floor, the elevator goes down to the lower floor that I can not access. If I go up to one of the upper floors and hit a control button, the elevator will come back up but its stuck again at the 2nd floor with no way to access the remaining cogs. It even makes a grinding sound as its trying to push the cage out of the way so it can continue going up, but this does not happen and it eventually just stops.

If its on the 2nd floor, I can go up to the 3rd and drop down on top of it, but can not get to the cogs. Also, there sort of looks like a large bolder/rock is resting on the side railing of the damaged cage and track.

If the elevator is on the lower floor, I can walk out on to the invisible floor, but after a bit, fall to my death.

Here is my problem and it's the same problem for almost of people I think.

When you push on 2F button, the elevator goes to 1F and it is not normal.
    Then when you push on 3F button, it stops just before 2F.
    And when you push on 4F button, it stops between 2F and 3F.

Then we can not access to the gears, can not access to the climbing wall neither.

In video :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y17ZCmapN_s

(sorry for French)

Hey guys! Just got confirmation from the team that this will be fixed in the next title update. I'll have more information on the time frame (which is soon) tomorrow!

TombRadier45,

yes this is the same problem that I have. I hope their team will get it fixed in the update.

Thank you Meagan. This is a great news !
    I hope that is not necessary to restart a new game...

i have problem after solving the elevator puzzle. I die when i go from floor 2 to floor 1.

For PS3 players their is a patch that is going to be released tomorrow that will be addressing this issue.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=135276

Any news on when the 360 patch is going to be released? I'm also stuck at the elevator in the Research Base.

We're hoping tomorrow! I'll update the patch thread as soon as it goes live!

I downloaded PS3 patch and it worked !!! YEAH !!!
    I just reloaded my save and the elevator was back to the 2nd floor. I could remove 3rd and 4th gears and passed to the next zone.
    Thank you so much ! You saved my day.

Quote Originally Posted by TombRaider45 View Post
    I downloaded PS3 patch and it worked !!! YEAH !!!
    I just reloaded my save and the elevator was back to the 2nd floor. I could remove 3rd and 4th gears and passed to the next zone.
    Thank you so much ! You saved my day.

Nice to hear it's fixed for you!

I'll just wait for a couple more confirmations from users before editing the thread title to "fixed"

Can anyone else confirm, please?

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Please don't change the name till the xbox version is fixed. Great to hear you guys are working so hard to fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanabijou View Post
    Please don't change the name till the xbox version is fixed. Great to hear you guys are working so hard to fix this.
    Wasn't planning to; I wanted to hear back from folks on all affected platforms before marking the thread as fixed!

(Also, forum threads != dev bug report system )

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

: >)

Just downloaded the update for the Xbox 360 version. It finally works! Hooray!!!! No more stupid glitch.

Great to hear, Eagleheart27!

So is it fixed for you now, Nanabijou?

The update worked great, thanks guys and gals....

There are two games in the last couple years that came out of the blue and I would consider them to be the best games I have played (and I play a lot).. Then new Max Payne and you new Tomb Raider! Great Job...
    Last edited by Nanabijou; 03-19-2013 at 04:43 AM. Reason: adding comment

I downloaded the update to my 360 and it worked, I had left the base to kill time exploring other locations and when I returned after the update the elevator was in the correct position above the gate. Quickly solved the gear puzzle and moved on.

Thanks!

So great to hear guys! Glad this issue has been resolved. Thank you so much for your patience!

Default Xbox 360 Research Lab Bug ?

Removed all four gears and elevator doesn't drop ?

Default Elevator death

Anyone know how to fix the elevator death? I dropped the elevator all the way down and every time I try to drop/jump/crawl off the ledge to drop down I instantly die. I only get a couple hours a week to play and really don't want to restart the hole flippen game. Please help!!

Default Re-open ISSUE

Hi Guys,

Recently got Tomb Raider, playing on PS3 and got into this glitch I tried all different options available on the Internet.
    - Walking
    - Jumping from a different level
    - Hold myself down
    - Travel to another level and back
    - Restart from checkpoint

None of the above helped, I always die mid-air before I reach the floor (dropped lift). I spent a lot of time collecting the relics until here and I really don't want to have to start again so close to the end.

Ps. My PS3 has the latest patches and the game also.

Default Xbox 360 all 4 gears removed but nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronbucks View Post
    Removed all four gears and elevator doesn't drop ?
    This has happened to me, is there a fix? I just got an Xbox and downloaded the game. All gears have been removed, but Lara keeps mentioning the ladder when she is on the 3rd floor but the gear up there has been removed. Or possibly thre was not a gear there, I don't know, but it is definitely not there now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12