Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tomb Raider Signature Series Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Dollpy View Post
    So, the replica from the game will be Lara's necklace? I'm down with that!
    Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by ItsAdventureTime View Post

(click image to enlarge)
    Quote Originally Posted by Relight View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TheTombExplorer View Post
    Not even my powers can make that happen
    No, but it can help

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagonô | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    No, but it can help
    Smart one, Drib.

Anyway, i really like these guides, but i'll buy one of them after i'll finish the game

Just got my Dad to pre order the limited edition strategy guide and the controller but bad news is i have to wait till June for my birthday to get them.

Any news on if these DLC codes will work for PC/Steam version? i'd hate to pre-order this and them not work.

Just did my pre-order with amazon.ca so hopefully i get an answer sometime soon so i dont end up getting the guide with 2 codes that are useless 2 me.

I have all the guides from the other tomb raiders, so ill be getting this one as well. just wont use it till i beat the game first.

Quote Originally Posted by Sealtest View Post
    Any news on if these DLC codes will work for PC/Steam version? i'd hate to pre-order this and them not work.

Just did my pre-order with amazon.ca so hopefully i get an answer sometime soon so i dont end up getting the guide with 2 codes that are useless 2 me.
    Yeah, because the guide is for all systems, I'm not sure how that would work, but this is what I'm guessing: They'll send you to an intermediary site, and you type in the unique code they give you to verify you bought the guide. Then it will ask you what system you have, and it will issue you an actual redemption code.

I wish they would tell us what the codes are for, but I'm also going to guess and say they might be the same type of thing as the Scavenger Hunt codes, which are basically unlocks for skills or upgrades, allowing you to get those, giving you an advantage, from the beginning, without having to spend points on them.

I also really wish the limited edition was the earlier all-white art with map lines on it, instead of the Lara image.

Ugh, that necklace.. Did they even look a picture of it when making it?!
    still want it tho.

Quote Originally Posted by 220_Volts View Post
    Ugh, that necklace.. Did they even look a picture of it when making it?!
    still want it tho.
    My feeling was that we haven't seen a clearer image of the necklace than the concept art, have we? So they've refined it for this replica - it may not have been how we envisioned it, but it's not like we've seen a definite image of what the final necklace looks like. It's absent from renders, and in the screenshots we've seen, we haven't seen it closely and it hasn't been well-defined.

Sry for a late post I am sick wont be buying though I wanna be surprised but after all the media I dont think its possible
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Wh1t3Kn1te View Post
    I have all the guides from the other tomb raiders, so ill be getting this one as well. just wont use it till i beat the game first.
    I envy your self-control.

I'll buy it after I've finished the game. So I can't use it.
    ᴙє₳Ŀi₮ɣ is for people who can't handle ΩӍŖ Ɍ∆°–єʁ.

I preordered the LE version from Amazon, and it isn't supposed to ship out until March 5th. I have no plans at all to actually use the guide on the first play-through. Like many others, i like the guides for all of the extra information that they like to put in them. I have the Legend guide and i really enjoyed the concept development details that they included.
    "I'd like to say it was nice to meet you, but that would be a lie"
    signature image

Neat looking necklace, i was on the fence on where i wanted to pre-order the LE guide. Seeing the necklace now, i'll most likely buy at Gamestop. Thanks

I will try to pick up the LE guide either at Gamestop or Amazon. I like the little extras they have in them. Thought Gamestop has the release date for the guidebook as February 26 instead of March 5. So that might mean you get it early from them or they have done screwed up the released date.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightstar2001 View Post
    I will try to pick up the LE guide either at Gamestop or Amazon. I like the little extras they have in them. Thought Gamestop has the release date for the guidebook as February 26 instead of March 5. So that might mean you get it early from them or they have done screwed up the released date.
    more than likely that when they recieve them in store, but they may not be able to sell them until the 5th like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    Now available fpr pre-order in the UK:...
    See the cover and a picture of the main character, Lara Croft, wearing the amulet that will be included within every Limited Edition Guide. This is a heavy duty metal 1.5" amulet with a rope attached and is highly exclusive.
    Oh man, I want, would be awesome with my cog tags. But to order it from the UK...
    signature image

Just got a reply from Bradygames about the codes...

BradyGames wrote: "Hi Bryce! The DLC codes are for two multiplayer characters; the codes are good for all three platforms."

Just got a reply from Bradygames about the codes...

BradyGames wrote: "Hi Bryce! The DLC codes are for two multiplayer characters; the codes are good for all three platforms."
    Hmmmm.... I wonder if it's unlocking two characters we know about, without having to get to the required level / points, or if it's giving you two characters we haven't seen yet?!

^I think the second one

I'm guessing it'll most likely be the second one cause why unlock a MP skin early? unless skins come with + perks on them i wouldn't see a point in doing that.

I'm guessing it'll most likely be the second one cause why unlock a MP skin early? unless skins come with + perks on them i wouldn't see a point in doing that.
    Just because people like certain characters and want to play as them without waiting?

Not a big deal to me, but I know that some people would definitely like that.

It's like the "DLC" offered from the Scavenger Hunt contest. It's nothing new or extra, it's just unlocking regular skills and upgrades earlier without having to spend points on them.

Yeah but those are a preorder bonus this is from something you have to spend $25+ on i would hope it's unique skins. I'll have 2 ask bradygames again and find out.

Yeah but those are a preorder bonus this is from something you have to spend $25+ on i would hope it's unique skins. I'll have 2 ask bradygames again and find out.
    Oh true.

Oh here it is LOL in the announcement on the Tomb Raider blog, I didn't read it closely enough

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb Raider Blog
    Two special in-game digital downloads: The Scavenger Scout and the Scavenger Executioner
    So it is two different skins but based on the Scavenger character.

And the regular Signature Series guide comes with the Scavenger Scout.

wait both are scavenger skins?? Ugh i was hoping 1 was survivor 1 was scavenger..

wait both are scavenger skins?? Ugh i was hoping 1 was survivor 1 was scavenger..
    LOL they are mixing their terms, but what you said is correct.

They are not calling them Scavengers, they are calling them Solarii in Multiplayer.

And there is a specific Solarii called "Scavenger".

So these are two different skins but they are both based on one character, in other words, not two different characters, but two variations on one existing character.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast