Thread: Legacy of Kain on Steam!

Default Legacy of Kain on Steam!

Just in case anyone didn't already know, Soul Reaver, Soul Reaver 2 and Defiance were released on Steam. Don't know about Blood Omen 2 though, and/or Blood Omen 1. I'll post the link.

http://store.steampowered.com/genre/Action/
    "I am everywhere...and nowhere. I am everything...and nothing. I am...fear itself!"

No BO2. It's been available on GOG for ages, though.

ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG *passes out*

Not able to activate my retail versions though >> Guess I'll have to wait for the next sale...
    Last edited by Linikratyo; 12-07-2012 at 12:10 PM.

unfortunately, they didn't bother to add proper controller support. they are just directly the original PC versions released many years ago. they do detect controllers, but they only will read digital buttons and not analog. so, any modern PC controller doesn't work properly (the RT/LT triggers on the 360 controller aren't functional, for example).

its a shame they did not bother to give the games actual, up-to-date, proper controller support. would have bought them. its makes the games unplayable. SR1 doesn't even have mouse support, playing that with just the KB is very aggravating.

so, can they fix this with a patch? if they where gonna bother to re-release them on Steam (and for $4 more than the GoG versions), why not add Xbox 360 controller support, allowing them to be fully mapped to one's own preference?

No it isn't. Mouse would be useless in SR1 anyway. Of course they aren't going to bother.

I find the lack of Blood Omen games disturbing.

the mouse would not be useless.

it could be used to rotate the camera and map the mouse buttons to different functions.

have ever tried playing SR1 on the PC with just the KB? its very hard to fight/run and rotate the camera at the same time.

they could easily add proper controller support, if they wanted to. it just shows how un-enthusiastic Eidos/CD/S.Enix is about the series, if all they show for it is re-releases of old PC versions with nothing extra added.

Quote Originally Posted by SnailS View Post
    the mouse would not be useless.

it could be used to rotate the camera and map the mouse buttons to different functions.

have ever tried playing SR1 on the PC with just the KB? its very hard to fight/run and rotate the camera at the same time.

they could easily add proper controller support, if they wanted to. it just shows how un-enthusiastic Eidos/CD/S.Enix is about the series, if all they show for it is re-releases of old PC versions with nothing extra added.
    Have beaten it at least twice on PC, never with a controller. Yeah, that's why I never fought and rotated camera at the same time. Camera rotating being bound to mouse was annoying as hell in Defiance and made "Mouse+KB" unusable.
    Posts like this always confuse me. Well, hell, what did you expect? It's just a cheap rerelease and nothing else, those are commonplace, why the complaints? It's not like they promised everything. Would be even more confusing if you said something in the lines of "all they want is money" (because it's bloody obvious. I'll tell you more than that, money is why those games were created in the first place).

Quote Originally Posted by Count D View Post
    Have beaten it at least twice on PC, never with a controller. Yeah, that's why I never fought and rotated camera at the same time. Camera rotating being bound to mouse was annoying as hell in Defiance and made "Mouse+KB" unusable.
    Actually mouse+keyboard combo is surprisingly pretty ok in SR2 and with correct key mapping can substitute gamepad. Canīt imagine playing SR1 without a gamepad though xD thatīs suicide.. having mouse for camera would really help in there. But yeah, because of Defianceīs bad static camera that combo canīt be used...

Everyone's control method varies, depending on what you've been used to. For me, I agree that mouse and keyboard for SR1, or any of the games, is suicide. I love it for other 3D person actioners, like the Batman: AA/AC games, or Mass Effect, or FPS, but I need a gamepad for the LoK games.

Good on Eidos for porting them over. I'm sure BO2 will follow in time.

I just wish they'd be able to port over BO1 to this and GoG for people.

UPDATE: - the games are now on sale!!! 75% off/$6.25 for all three games!
    http://store.steampowered.com/sub/18636/

I bought em to support the series!
    (anyone wanna add me to their friends list lemme know)
    "are you trying to bore me into submission?" ~ Raziel/Defiance
    signature image

Check the store today and boom, "Defiance" splashed on the front page. Was another game of course , but what are the odds