Eidos Forums  

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Hitman Series > Hitman: Absolution General Discussion > H:A Technical issues and Bug Reports

Old 12-03-2012, 10:50 AM
Archduke
Eidos Administrator

Default Console Patch 1.02 (live for EU/US with patch notes)

PS3 DISC BASED PATCH VERSION 1.02 IS NOW LIVE EU/US
XBOX360 TITLE UPDATE IS NOW LIVE EU/US

Please note that Russia, Poland and Turkey will not be updated with this PS3 patch.

Should you still, despite expectations, be experiencing issues with crashes and corruption for PS3, please post to this thread.

**UPDATE**

Here are the main patch notes for the console patch that is now in submission with the platform holders. Please note that this is not an exhaustive list, and point 1 covers all of the crash incidents we have seen reported.

- Increased game stability that will prevent crashes leading to loss of save data.
- Contracts Mode is now accessible without downloading or entering an access code. [PS3 only]
- The disguise parameters on ‘Professional’ difficulties have been tweaked.
- Displayed high scores are now selected from all difficulty levels.
- Players are no longer ‘spotted’ during the end cutscene of the ‘train station’ checkpoint in Run For Your Life.
- Using ‘sleeping pills’ in Contracts mode will now be listed as ‘Accident’ rather than ‘bare hands’ as the weapon used.
- Numerous network and GUI improvements for Contracts Mode.
- Train Station Spotted bug fixed.

We may be able to give you slightly more granular detail next week - and as soon as we have a more concrete ETA for patch release we will let you know. Currently it is still on course to be live some time next week (beginning December 10).

Thanks a lot for your patience, and the feedback you've given on these forums - it's helped us to pinpoint and fix things which have been causing issues, and we really appreciate it.

EDIT by Travis@IO: Added 'PS3 only' to the Contracts Pass requirements for clarification.

------------
Original message:

We’ve been working hard to fix crash issues in Hitman: Absolution, and we’re looking to release a patch for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in the week beginning December 10. We can’t confirm the exact date as we still need to go through internal testing, and then submission to Microsoft and Sony, but if there are no other issues that’s when we’re aiming for.

In terms of what this fixes, we’ve pinpointed a number of things which were causing the random game crashes – which, in turn, were causing saved games to corrupt. We’ve worked through all of the reported crash issues and are happy to say we’ve fixed all of them. We’ll publish a fuller patch list in due course.

Once the patch is released we will of course continue to monitor your feedback so keep in touch and should you experience anything post-patch (crashes, corrupted saves or similar), let us know immediately and we’ll respond and investigate. As we’ve fixed everything we have seen reported, we anticipate this to be very rare (if at all).

Meanwhile, for information on the PC patch, please check this thread.

Last edited by Nick@IO; 12-20-2012 at 03:40 AM.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:48 PM
New Player

Good News

Will this patch just be for crash fixes only or will it also feature changes to the disguise system I've seen people commenting on in the forums?
Old 12-03-2012, 01:03 PM
Archduke
Eidos Administrator

We'll post patch notes as soon as possible.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:12 PM
Permanent Vacation

Also plz make sure that you are aware of level specific bugs...like the central heating lvl SA issue and the train station getting seen once u board the train.

I just hope you didnt "just" fix the crash and save issue and leave all the rest.

thnx again
Old 12-03-2012, 01:26 PM
Gamer

Good news!
I hope the respawning off the NPC before a spawnpoint, who already got taken down but return after a respawn, gets fixed!
Old 12-03-2012, 01:55 PM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyRebirth View Post

happy to say we’ve fixed all of them.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:02 PM
Permanent Vacation

My game never crashed or froze. Xbox 250'slim. It just corrupted my game file. Apparently my issue is yet to be resolved. O well far cry is out tomorrow.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:45 PM
Gamer

If EB/Gamestop won't take my defective game, could I return it directly to square enix? (Assuming the patch doesn't work)
Because I've already swapped once and
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamestop Return Policy
We reserve the right to limit returns to unopened or defective products.
I'm worried they'll try and pull something on me.

Source: http://www.ebgames.com/gs/help/Returns.aspx

(They pulled this on some kid who had swapped a defective GoW twice, said he didn't buy the extended warranty, then some guy got kicked out for sticking up for the kid)

Last edited by JJoa74; 12-03-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:18 PM
New Player

I believe it is good that eidos add some features or dlc's or anything for all that discomfort that cause us all that MEGA MAJOR ISSUES/PROBLEMS/BUGS.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:30 PM
New Player

Great news. Know nothing about dev but is it possible to add the option to skip cut scenes in the game with the patch? Some of us have played the same missions, not by choice, over and over again so it would be nice to be able to skip the cut scenes you've seen over and over again.

Thanks.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:33 PM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mard View Post
Great news. Know nothing about dev but is it possible to add the option to skip cut scenes in the game with the patch? Some of us have played the same missions, not by choice, over and over again so it would be nice to be able to skip the cut scenes you've seen over and over again.

Thanks.
I don't understand... I can skip my cutscenes once the level has loaded already... You know when it's loaded because the animated barcode in the bottom left of the screen disappears, then press 'B' on XBOX anyways
Old 12-03-2012, 11:40 PM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElWaster View Post
I don't understand... I can skip my cutscenes once the level has loaded already... You know when it's loaded because the animated barcode in the bottom left of the screen disappears, then press 'B' on XBOX anyways
Maybe he means to skip from the start of a cutscene. I hate waiting before I can skip it.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:53 PM
New Player

For what it's worth I haven't suffered from the save-game corruption bug since I started signing out of PSN prior to playing, and it got me 3 times previously.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:39 AM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElWaster View Post

Nope, have never been able to skip cut scenes. I'm on the 360 too and i've tried to skip them, can't skip them even if i've played the level before or when the level is loaded.

Last edited by Mard; 12-04-2012 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Double quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:42 AM
New Player

Strenge, but I do know that installing the game dramatically reduces load times on the XBOX (mines installed). Have you installed the game?
Old 12-04-2012, 05:17 AM
New Player

Will this patch fix the bug which makes savegames corrupted even when there has been no crashes? My savegames are constantly corrupted and I haven't had a freeze/crash and/or hangup yet. It just says corrupted, even when I quit to main menu, wait a minute and quit to dash.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:59 AM

Great to hear you are issuing a console patch... I registered solely for this purpose!

I echo Clown above me; could you please confirm you have patched / are looking at the other three major issues on PS3:

1) Score Glitch - both "Level Select" (not updating) & In-Game (kill target, set checkpoint & restart has bug effect on objective points)

2) Spotted Glitch - Run for your life - (impossible to board train without spotted on final score)

3) Objective Points Glitch - King of Chinatown (extra objective points awarded for alleyway/ fibrewire target kill)?

Last edited by Chameleon78; 12-04-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:28 AM
New Player

I hove all this time waiting it is for good and not even with latest patch WHEN IT RELEASED we have the same stuck/problem/issues as we already have.

I HOPE IT WORTH THE WAIT THIS PATCH......
The testers what did you tallied eidos admin/mod?
That it is worked or not?
Old 12-05-2012, 09:16 AM
Permanent Vacation

any news on the fixes in this patch yet?

Edit: I meant what will the patch fix, a list of fixes included.

Last edited by h4x3r101; 12-05-2012 at 01:47 PM. Reason: People didn't understand what I meant
Old 12-05-2012, 09:32 AM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4x3r101 View Post
any news on the fixes in this patch yet?
dude, READ THE POST. we'll have news the week of the 10th.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Gamer

Excellent, great to know.

I hope you will consider fixing other bugs that have been reported on this forum.

Last edited by robvalue; 12-05-2012 at 10:23 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:18 AM
Gamer

5 days, our return window is shrinking.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:25 AM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seargentmayor View Post
5 days, our return window is shrinking.
If you honestly think you may return it rather than sticking it out for future patches then I would probably do so now if I were in your shoes.

Personally, I don't have much of a choice with it being a digital edition. But, even if I did have the media, I would still expect the game to be fixed at some point and wait it out.

It is not as if they are charging for the patch, if they were then I could see sufficient cause for complaint.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:37 AM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlsg View Post
If you honestly think you may return it rather than sticking it out for future patches then I would probably do so now if I were in your shoes.

Personally, I don't have much of a choice with it being a digital edition. But, even if I did have the media, I would still expect the game to be fixed at some point and wait it out.

It is not as if they are charging for the patch, if they were then I could see sufficient cause for complaint.
i don't have a return policy, I have a disc swap policy, but there's no point swapping the disc out if it don't work either. im happy paying $60 for this product, (despite the negative reviews im hearing) but the last thing i want is either
-patch works, disc is defective, swapping at the same store nets me another defective disc (and retailers are allowed to refuse you disc swaps if you ask too much)
-patch doesn't work, 30 days expire, left with completely useless disc.

really, im moreso bothered that my copy of hitman absolution isn't "normal", everyone seems to have played at least once before the crash, and no one seems to have disc read errors. i have really no idea what to do

Last edited by seargentmayor; 12-05-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:48 PM
iMod™
Eidos Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by seargentmayor View Post
i don't have a return policy, I have a disc swap policy, but there's no point swapping the disc out if it don't work either. im happy paying $60 for this product, (despite the negative reviews im hearing) but the last thing i want is either
-patch works, disc is defective, swapping at the same store nets me another defective disc (and retailers are allowed to refuse you disc swaps if you ask too much)
-patch doesn't work, 30 days expire, left with completely useless disc.

really, im moreso bothered that my copy of hitman absolution isn't "normal", everyone seems to have played at least once before the crash, and no one seems to have disc read errors. i have really no idea what to do
If you get disc read errors and you can swap the disc in the store for another copy without charge, I personally would use that opportunity asap.

It could also be your laser dying out on you, in which case a swap might not help anyway.