PS3 DISC BASED PATCH VERSION 1.02 IS NOW LIVE EU/US
XBOX360 TITLE UPDATE IS NOW LIVE EU/US
Please note that Russia, Poland and Turkey will not be updated with this PS3 patch.
Should you still, despite expectations, be experiencing issues with crashes and corruption for PS3, please post to this thread.
Here are the main patch notes for the console patch that is now in submission with the platform holders. Please note that this is not an exhaustive list, and point 1 covers all of the crash incidents we have seen reported.
- Increased game stability that will prevent crashes leading to loss of save data.
- Contracts Mode is now accessible without downloading or entering an access code. [PS3 only]
- The disguise parameters on ‘Professional’ difficulties have been tweaked.
- Displayed high scores are now selected from all difficulty levels.
- Players are no longer ‘spotted’ during the end cutscene of the ‘train station’ checkpoint in Run For Your Life.
- Using ‘sleeping pills’ in Contracts mode will now be listed as ‘Accident’ rather than ‘bare hands’ as the weapon used.
- Numerous network and GUI improvements for Contracts Mode.
- Train Station Spotted bug fixed.
We may be able to give you slightly more granular detail next week - and as soon as we have a more concrete ETA for patch release we will let you know. Currently it is still on course to be live some time next week (beginning December 10).
Thanks a lot for your patience, and the feedback you've given on these forums - it's helped us to pinpoint and fix things which have been causing issues, and we really appreciate it.
EDIT by Travis@IO: Added 'PS3 only' to the Contracts Pass requirements for clarification.
We’ve been working hard to fix crash issues in Hitman: Absolution, and we’re looking to release a patch for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in the week beginning December 10. We can’t confirm the exact date as we still need to go through internal testing, and then submission to Microsoft and Sony, but if there are no other issues that’s when we’re aiming for.
In terms of what this fixes, we’ve pinpointed a number of things which were causing the random game crashes – which, in turn, were causing saved games to corrupt. We’ve worked through all of the reported crash issues and are happy to say we’ve fixed all of them. We’ll publish a fuller patch list in due course.
Once the patch is released we will of course continue to monitor your feedback so keep in touch and should you experience anything post-patch (crashes, corrupted saves or similar), let us know immediately and we’ll respond and investigate. As we’ve fixed everything we have seen reported, we anticipate this to be very rare (if at all).
Meanwhile, for information on the PC patch, please check this thread.