Eidos Forums  

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Hitman Series > Hitman: Absolution General Discussion > H:A Technical issues and Bug Reports

Old 11-30-2012, 02:32 AM
Developer Representative
Eidos Official

Default PC Patch Released - November 30th 2012

Square Enix, IO Interactive, and Nixxes are making a first patch (1.0.438.0) available for Hitman: Absolution on PC.

To get the patch, simply start up the game, Steam will automatically update you to the latest version.

This patches provides the following improvements:

- Players using the Russian language will no longer crash as soon as they use the sniper rifle.
- Various issues that have been seen on specific configurations that caused the game to not be able to start up at all have been addressed.
- Problems with the Sniper Challenge Unlocks not carrying over into Hitman: Absolution have been addressed. On first starting the patched game you will receive your unlocks.
o Note that North American users that have been provided the Sniper Challenge by Gamestop will need a separate unlock key in addition to this. Gamestop can provide these.
- Problems with negative level-scores have been fixed. Newly accomplished positive scores will be needed to erase your incorrectly remembered negative scores.
- A problem with keyboard and mouse controls where users would accidentally melee attack a person next to them when they intended to throw an item has been addressed.
- Legal and Intro movies can now be skipped immediately on startup after the game, on all launches but the very first on a machine.
- DirectX 10 hardware can now enable the simplest version of the Depth Of Field effect.
- Problems with audio occasionally being muted after ALT-TAB have been fixed.
- Various localization fixes.
- Miscellaneous other stability and general improvements based on crashes we have seen coming in.

Note that the above is really just our first set of fixes. We are continuing to monitor things and expect to provide further patches in the future.

We hope this patch will help everyone enjoy Hitman: Absolution!

Last edited by Nixxes; 11-30-2012 at 03:27 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:43 AM
Gamer

how to get the patch?
Old 11-30-2012, 02:47 AM
Inside Man
Eidos Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by big fan View Post
how to get the patch?
launch steam.. launch game.. voila..

Last edited by jaycw2309; 11-30-2012 at 03:41 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:51 AM
New Player

No save game corruption fix???
Old 11-30-2012, 02:58 AM
IOI Community Manager
Eidos Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by knacki99 View Post
No save game corruption fix???
This is a PC only fix. We've not seen any reports on save game corruption on PC.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:06 AM
New Player

not fixed the "spotted in end of level cutscene on purist"-glitch in the train station level?
Old 11-30-2012, 03:21 AM
Gamer

but my game isn't pre order or steam o.O
i bought it from a shop
Old 11-30-2012, 03:24 AM
Developer Representative
Eidos Official

All legal versions of the PC game are on Steam, also if you bought it in a shop.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:29 AM
Permanent Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixxes View Post
- A problem with keyboard and mouse controls where users would accidentally melee attack a person next to them when they intended to throw an item has been addressed.
I don't know if this would be too much to ask, doesn't seem like so... But could it be possible to somehow separate the high-profile and low-profile melee actions? So that it would be impossible for players to accidentally punch an enemy in the face, when they were really just trying to subdue them quietly?

You did such a good job scrapping the contextual action menu from Blood Money that filed everything under one button. So why do all the melee actions need to be activated using the same key?

Suggestion: "Fire" -key for lethal and high-profile attacks, and "Melee" -key only for stealth takedowns? Or press melee to hit, hold for stealth takedown? Or even the ability to bind those different actions to entirely different keys?

It breaks the immersion of a game immediately, when supposedly a professional assassin can accidentally beat someone up, when his intentions were to grab his throat and choke him unconscious. Have you ever in your life accidentally jumped out of a window when trying to open the fridge instead?

Actually, the few contextual actions that are left in this game, all cause some sort of confusion. Every one of them.

-The melee that I just talked about.
-Sometimes you need to quickly get down from a ledge. The button is also used for taking cover, and it's easy to accidentally do that instead of jumping down from a ledge. There's no reason why jumping down from a ledge would need to be a different button than jumping up on one.
-Sometimes you would like to change cover to a different side of a door, but the same button opens the door, which can get you detected.

So even though most of the things that were wrong with the controls in Blood Money were fixed in this game, the ones that still suffer from the affliction of contextuality, actually can and do cause problems. Control is and will always be the most important aspect of a game. When you have a game with perfect controls, the player can only laugh at themselves when a mistake is made, instead of cursing the game that made the mistake for them.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:32 AM
New Player

This update broke my game. Steam now says the game files are unavailable. And my antivirus says the main .exe is infected with Win32/Heur.

It was running perfectly an hour ago.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:06 AM
New Player

This update broke my game. Steam is now saying the game files are unavailable. And my antivirus says the main .exe is infected with Win32/Heur.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:08 AM

I downloaded the patch about an hour ago. But when I try to run the game I get the good old famous steam error "application still running."

Restrated steam. Restarted PC. Nothing seems to work. Can this be patch related ? Because prior to the patch, this did not happen.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:24 AM
New Player

I have exactly the same issue since the patch installation.
ERROR Steam : the game is unavailable for the moment (corrupt game file)
and Win32/HEUR virus detection.
The game was perfectly working before the patch.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:50 AM
Developer Representative
Eidos Official

If you have problems after applying the patch, please use the Steam option to verify the local content cache. This will likely resolve the problem. Also, your virus scanner is probably throwing a false positive, disabling it will probably help.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:55 AM
Gamer

Now fix the disguises and the AI
Old 11-30-2012, 04:59 AM
New Player

The disguise system is not patched ??? And the stupid checkpoints ...
Old 11-30-2012, 05:09 AM
New Player

I think the disguise fix will need a certain amount of thought and time to be put into, therefore you can't expect a balanced tweak to it so early after release. checkpoints have a really low priority imo.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:14 AM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duspende . View Post
Now fix the disguises and the AI
+10000.
I hope they fix the AI.
Sometimes is stupid...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFn3Ske2Tg0
Old 11-30-2012, 05:26 AM
New Player

Thank you. Where can I find the Steam option to verify the local cache ? I've logged on my account but didn't find such tool.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:29 AM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal503624 View Post
Thank you. Where can I find the Steam option to verify the local cache ? I've logged on my account but didn't find such tool.
Right-click on Hitman: Absolution in the steam library, select properties, select local files, there you will find an option called 'verify integrity of game cache...' Thats the option you want
Old 11-30-2012, 05:35 AM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixxes View Post
Problem still occurs but now only if you're standing behind a NPC when context option to attack is displayed. Even when aiming the opposite side there's always melee attack.

Another bug, small but really annoying. I have Cinematic point shooting turned off and weapon selector set to Always hidden. Every time after point shooting weapon selector shows up and doesn't disappear. Could you fix that in the next patch?

Also could you remap option "Snap neck" from W to E? To avoid accidental kill when you just want to immediately go away after subduing and you press W too soon?

Could you improve keyboard navigation in menu in places which require using mouse? Like weapon customization, equipment menu in Contracts.

Thanks.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:41 AM
New Player

If i'm right, Nixxes will not touch any of the gameplay elements.
So that's the reason that the disguise system and checkpoints are not changed.

It's IO that needs to improve or change it.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:47 AM
New Player

Thank you for your help. I've used the steam memory cache option and disabled my virus scanner and now the game is working again. Regards,
Old 11-30-2012, 05:56 AM
Permanent Vacation

Where is the fix for the train bug?!! In run for your life once you board the train you always get spotted during the cut-scene!! A challenge cannot be completed because of that...
Old 11-30-2012, 05:58 AM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skomand View Post
This update broke my game. Steam now says the game files are unavailable. And my antivirus says the main .exe is infected with Win32/Heur.

Steam can check the game for broken files. Did you try that?