Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum comp #11 - Create a TR Holiday Card [winners on Page 9!!!]

Default Forum comp #11 - Create a TR Holiday Card [winners on Page 9!!!]

(Short attention span? Don't fancy a long read? Click here for a super short summary of this contest.)

It's competition time again!

Before I get to the part where I tell you what you have to do in this competition, let me just skip ahead for a moment and get to the exiting bit - the main prize. Santa...I mean Crystal Dynamics has got a VERY special and exclusive Christmas present to place into the stocking of first place winner. Low and behold, the grand prize of this comp is a...

TR branded skateboard!

Yes, you heard it right, folks - one lucky TR fan will take home the skateboard that featured on the official blog back in September and which is exclusively available only for Crystal Dynamics team members, meaning that you cannot buy this skateboard anywhere or find it on eBay. And what's more, the skateboard will come AUTOGRAPHED by Karl, Darrell, Noah, Ron, Kyle, Brian, and a few other Crystal team members. A true must have for any skater - TR fan or die hard collector! And because Christmas is near, there are also a slew of additional cool prizes to be won, but more on those in a bit.

What you have to do for a shot at grabbing this rare piece of TR goodness is create a TR themed holiday card. You may freely choose any festivity in the holiday season for your subject - Christmas, Hanukkah, Sinterklaas, etc. Or just a generic "season greetings" card. And how you make the card is entirely up to you! You can do it digitally in Photoshop, create one by hand, or other. You can even get creative and do a video! Whatever method you choose, entries must be submitted either as 1 single image or 1 single video.

The core rules are:

• Maximum 3 entries per person.
    • Maximum 1 image file or 1 video per entry. (image collages are okay)
    • Animated GIFs are okay, but try to keep them under 500kb.
    • Maximum 60 seconds for video submissions.
    • Deadline: Saturday December 15

A little housekeeping:

- Entries will be collected on-the-fly and placed in the second post, which will be used for voting, so please post each new entry you make in a NEW forum post instead of editing earlier posts, so to preserve the correct order and so that we won't overlook any new entries.

- If you're using fan art made by someone else, be sure to get their permission. Crystal may not be able to send prizes to winners who use someone else's work without permission. Official media is okay to use.

- If you want to show multiple images in a single entry, make an image collage, for example like this.

THE PRIZES!

(click image to enlarge)

Prize set #1: TR T-Shirt + SIGNED TR Skateboard (Karl, Darrell, Noah, Ron, Kyle, Brian, and others)

Prize set #2: TR T-Shirt + SIGNED Game Informer poster (50+ team signatures)

Prize set #3: TR T-Shirt + SIGNED Survivor Lithograph (Karl, Darrell, Noah, Ron, Kyle, Brian, and others)

Prize set #4: TR T-Shirt + Survivor Litho - OR - TR T-Shirt + SIGNED Crossroads Litho (Camilla)

A panel of judges will decide first, second and third winner. Forth winner will be drawn randomly using random.org out of *all* entries, to encourage participation by those who may not be artistically inclined. First winner may freely choose which prize set to receive, then second winner may choose, then third, and finally forth winner will receive the remaining prize set.
    How to enter:
    Upload images using this link http://pic.driber.net/up (choose "comp #11") and post the BB code inside this thread.

Upload video entries to YouTube and post a YT embed inside this thread. Instructions here.
    Detailed Rules and Legal Stuff

• Maximum 3 entries per person. Maximum 200 words (text) per entry. Maximum 1 video or 1 image file per entry.
    • The deadline for submitting entries is Saturday December 15, 2012 at 12:00 PM CET / 03:00 AM PST.
    • We reserve the right to extend the deadline and/or cancel the competition at any time without warning or reason.
    • Keep your entry clean, in good taste and in accordance with our FORUM TOU.
    • Any entry that the forum staff deems inappropriate or not complying with the rules will not qualify and may be removed from this thread.
    • Your entry may not break any laws.
    • Entries must be in English.
    • In the event of a tie, the person who posted first wins.
    • Contestants can only win 1 prize; not a combination of for example 1st prize and 3rd prize.
    • In cases of suspected fraud, winners are responsible for proving ownership of their entry in order to claim their prize.
    • Winners will be notified via PM or email. Winners must respond with their postal address within 2 weeks of being notified or else their prize may go to another contestant.
    • Judges decisions are final.

Good luck, everyone!

This contest in a nutshell: Create a TR themed holiday card (Christmas, Hanukkah, Sinterklaas, etc). Digital or by hand. You may submit your entry as an image or as a YouTube video. Maximum 200 words per entry. Maximum 1 image or 1 video per entry. Maximum 3 entries per person. First prize is a TR branded skateboard, SIGNED by the devs. Upload images with this link http://pic.driber.net/up and post the BB code in this thread. You have until December 15. Good luck

==================================================
    * * * Forum competition history and previous winners collage * * *

APR 2010: Forum Easter egg hunt | JUL 2011: Guess the number | AUG 2011: Photoshop caption fun | NOV 2011: Meme comp | DEC 2011: Create a Christmas sig
    FEB 2012: Create your own V-Day card | MAR 2012: Easter Fun | APR 2012: TR Fan Art "By Hand" | JUL 2012: The Fabulous Destinations of Lara Croft | JUL 2012: post your favorite (funny) screens | SEP 2012: AoD caption contest | OCT 2012: design your own forum banner | DEC 2012: Create a TR Holiday Card

==================================================

Small print:
    1. Winners will be notified within 52 days of closing date by e-mail or Private Message on http://forums.eidosgames.com/. 2. A list of winners, including names and country, will be available within 6 weeks of competition closing. These can be obtained by sending a Stamped Addressed Envelope to the Promoter (see 9 below). 3. Square Enix Europe accepts no responsibility for entries/prizes lost or distorted in transmission. 4. There is no cash alternative to the prizes. 5. Square Enix Europe reserves the right to substitute prizes with others of at least equivalent value. 6. Competition not open to employees of Square Enix Europe, their agents and suppliers. 7. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to. 8. No purchase necessary. 9. The competition promoter is Square Enix Europe, Wimbledon Bridge House, 1 Hartfield Road, Wimbledon, London, SW19 3RU.
    Last edited by Driber; 12-07-2012 at 03:14 AM. Reason: added additional prize item.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

In this post I will collect all entries.

a big house

(click image to enlarge)

a big house

(click image to enlarge)

larafan25

(click image to enlarge)

larafan25

(click image to enlarge)

larafan25

(click image to enlarge)

hiropon056

(click image to enlarge)

Roli

FearEffect

(click image to enlarge)

dark7angel

(click image to enlarge)

dark7angel

(click image to enlarge)

FearEffect

(click image to enlarge)

hiropon056

(click image to enlarge)

More entries...
    Last edited by Driber; 12-15-2012 at 03:46 AM. Reason: updated.

Wow very cool !!
    I'm pretty sure there will be many awesome entries !
    Good luck everyone !
    signature image

looking forward to see everyone's entries
    signature image

Wooho, another great comp!

I'll try to do my best for this!!!
    signature image

Entry 1

(click image to enlarge)

Entry 2

(click image to enlarge)
    Last edited by a big house; 11-26-2012 at 02:40 PM.

awww what a cute contest

I think I now have to remember these old days in which I tinkered holiday cards ^^

Scissors and cardboard come to meee
    http://hiropon056.deviantart.com/ Do it like a Dudette! signature image

Great cards, ABH. But please - and this goes for everyone - do not edit your post later on to include additional entries.

Make a new post for each NEW entry!

That will save us some headaches in determining who posted what first and with updating the second post containing all entries

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

^ I didn't want to double post Otherwise I would had made a new post

In competition threads it's okay to double post if your post contains an entry (I mentioned this in previous comps). In fact, I have just amended the OP and made it a RULE now

But I appreciate your motivations behind it, of course

wooooohoooooo, I guessed it. Does this mean I get to be on the judges panel too?
    signature image

The rules say maximum 3 entries, but maximum 1 image. So we can't do more than one image?

Quote Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
    The rules say maximum 3 entries, but maximum 1 image. So we can't do more than one image?
    I would say yes. More than 1 image but not more that 1 in a entry. Like it says in the Rules.
    Like 1 entry = 1 image

And for the next image you have to create a new entry. At least that's how I understood it^^

I think this means one image per entry. So a card made up of one image with wording is fine, but a card made up of two images isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    I think this means one image per entry. So a card made up of one image with wording is fine, but a card made up of two images isn't.
    I'm ten times more confused. D:

My card has...like...multiple images, but it's put together to make one image, a card.

Also, are these supposed to be greeting-ish cards? Because mine are more like letter-cards, and somewhat dramatic.

edit: WAIT, so you can't submit more than one image or video and call it "my 1 entry". I get it.

Entry # 1:

(click image to enlarge)

Entry # 2:

(click image to enlarge)

Entry # 3:

(click image to enlarge)

These are three (3) separate and hopefully acceptable entries.

here goes my first entry

(click image to enlarge)

means to be a pop-up christmas card

ps.: the blue one it the outsite of the card and the others are the inside

:O

It's actually 3D! D:

The shape of the deer is so sleek.

:O

It's actually 3D! D:

The shape of the deer is so sleek.
    hahah oh you are right. and i didn't even thought about it

lol yes i looove this style... like in the movie secret of kells

Oh wow, Hiropon, that is actually amazing!

oeh very cool one indeed like the style
    signature image

Well this "card" supposed to be "3D", so when you move it, its snowing. (LOL)

#1 entry:

Last edited by Driber; 11-28-2012 at 09:37 AM. Reason: fixed code

Quote Originally Posted by a big house View Post
    Oh wow, Hiropon, that is actually amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by TranceTrouble View Post
    oeh very cool one indeed like the style
    thank you guys

Quote Originally Posted by hiropon056 View Post
    thank you guys
    No problem, I was hoping to get my hands on that skateboard (obviously) however, I don't think I stand a chance now

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast