Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Crashes & Save Corruption issue

Quote Originally Posted by disgustedloyalfan View Post
    Is there any kind of update you can give the customers? This is getting kind of ridiculous. People are begging for any kind of update as to whether they are safe to play and we're simply being ignored.

Nothing on twitter - nothing on the official forums - no reply on email inquiries. Hitman has a huge loyal fan base that I/O is now basically giving a middle finger to.

Personally, my next step is to contact the better business bureau... though it probably won't do much and your company most likely doesn't care. I have no other option since returning opened software is not an option.

If you contact the BBB, I'll follow suit, post a message on here before you do

I agree this is taking to long and should have been caught in testing, but this is often what happens with a publisher is pushing a dev for release on a certain date, due to a busy fall with lots of games being released.

But IO do care, believe me they do care a lot. They are working on it, and the moment the patch is done, it will be released.

IO updated their twitter 16 hours ago, they are still working on it: https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/st...73449558224896
    My trophy list: http://ps3trophycard.com/profile/erroneus

I haven't played this game in a few days, to afraid to touch it in fear that it'll crash and wipe out the saved data.

Quote Originally Posted by Erroneus View Post
    I agree this is taking to long and should have been caught in testing, but this is often what happens with a publisher is pushing a dev for release on a certain date, due to a busy fall with lots of games being released.

But IO do care, believe me they do care a lot. They are working on it, and the moment the patch is done, it will be released.

IO updated their twitter 16 hours ago, they are still working on it: https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/st...73449558224896
    they could really update this thread more often though, but thank you for that

For the record, in the uk you can take your open game back to the store, don't let any store say otherwise. It's like any other item that is faulty and they must refund.

Quote Originally Posted by dannybohy View Post
    For the record, in the uk you can take your open game back to the store, don't let any store say otherwise. It's like any other item that is faulty and they must refund.
    Unfortunately this is inaccurate. Software is not counted under the sale of goods act, at least not in this manner.

If something with the game is physically damaged, or an item is missing, then they would be obliged to provide you with a replacement or refund. The same is not true for software on the disc itself, which is not classed as a tangible good.

There's really nothing under EU or british law which covers software yet.

Played my second playthrough and my Xbox360 freezes again. This Time at the Rosewood Chapter Its really annoying ...

Why haven't we even been given the courtesy of details as to when the update is expected... Not impressed.

We understand you ARE working on a fix, but am I to expect to not play anything other than Contracts for another week? maybe month?

Some sort of ETA would be appreciated, even an estimation, after all we did all pay for the product, thus supporting your efforts!

It's the least you could do really...

rg
    Quote Originally Posted by procrastinator View Post
    Unfortunately this is inaccurate. Software is not counted under the sale of goods act, at least not in this manner.

If something with the game is physically damaged, or an item is missing, then they would be obliged to provide you with a replacement or refund. The same is not true for software on the disc itself, which is not classed as a tangible good.

There's really nothing under EU or british law which covers software yet.

Well I've just got back from Asda with a full refund, apparently in not the only person they have refunded this week, even they are aware of the issue. Enjoy the game when it's fixed guys, I'll pick it up again when it in bargain bin in the new year.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyRebirth View Post
    Hi folks

I just wanted to give you a heads-up on the random crash/corrupted save issue that we've been seeing a few reports on.

Right now the team is working around the clock on a fix for this - it's a top priority for us.

We're sorry for the frustration this is causing for those affected, and we're doing everything we can to get it sorted as quickly as possible.

I'll come back with updates as I have them.
    Thanks for the update. I can't make it through the first tutorial. Without a black screen that wont let me alt cntl delete and forces me to power off and turn on my computer.

Specs
    Gigabyte Ud3r x58 reversion 2.0 updated
    win 8 pro x64
    i7 930 with noctua d-14 (not overclocked just oversafe)
    6gb tripple channel ram. turned off the xmp profiles on my ram incase that was causing crashes. mem test shows no errors...
    Nvidia GTX 480 beta driver 310.61
    1tb 7200 rpm hd hooked upto marvel 9128 controller with updated drivers
    i've updated direct x, network etc etc. I'm so lost as to what could be causing these problems.

Any input would be great.
    Thanks, Cole

p.s. don't mean to rant but.
    Very frustrating this is the first hitman game I have played and I was very interested I have consoles and sure they are ok but I have a nice rig and would like to be able to play what I payed for. In any case i'm glad you guys are working on fixing this otherwise i feel shafted out of alot of money.

Update from IO.

The live team has fixed a huge number of things for a patch, which is currently being tested. I believe it's on it's way to PC today and consoles ASAP as well. We're getting a bunch of crash fixes in there, which should reduce, and for the vast majority, remove the save game crash issues.

However, we are not able to fix corrupted saves so if you're worried about your saves, please make backup copies of them.

As soon as we know more, we'll keep you informed. I'm very sorry about the delays in both patches and information but identifying issues just take time and potential radio silence isn't because we don't want to share anything - it's because we don't have the correct information (until now).

It's great that there is a patch in the works, I just hope level specific bugs are fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@IO View Post
    Update from IO.

The live team has fixed a huge number of things for a patch, which is currently being tested. I believe it's on it's way to PC today and consoles ASAP as well. We're getting a bunch of crash fixes in there, which should reduce, and for the vast majority, remove the save game crash issues.

However, we are not able to fix corrupted saves so if you're worried about your saves, please make backup copies of them.

As soon as we know more, we'll keep you informed. I'm very sorry about the delays in both patches and information but identifying issues just take time and potential radio silence isn't because we don't want to share anything - it's because we don't have the correct information (until now).
    Hey Nick, thanks for the update, so the disks aren't defective right? Cause if the disk is defective, the patch is meaningless.

Update from IO.

Thank you very much for the update and for the work on the patch. I just want to say how much i enjoy the game, and i appreciate the work done to help rectify problems. Its a busy corporate world we live in, gotta make those deadlines right? makes sense if it was rushed, i just hope that there could be continual patches that might help the game.

One thing i would like to ask, if anyone else thinks this is a good idea lets voice it.

Could there be a way to turn off HUD displays in all game modes???

This feature makes me love purist but i am having a tough time in purist personally. The no HUD makes me feel as though im playing a character in a movie, it looks so fricken cool. If that is something that could be added, i would be super happy.

Just a question about this patch, other patches. I heard mention of patches maybe tweaking disguises for harder modes. wondering if this or any other patch will include game tweaking or just bug fixing.

Thanks again for all your work, I wish people on the forum to be as much help to you guys as possible!

My game just crashed when loading Fight Night. Save data corrupted. What's worse, is that I was doing every challenge before advancing to the next level, and since that's level 13, I put a lot of time into the game. Just have the patch move the level auto-save until a few seconds after the level starts. If the game crashed normally, that's fine, but it's crashing right at the start of levels when the game does an auto-save.

Update from IO.

Finally. Thank you for an update.

As someone that has greatly enjoyed the Hitman series and loved Freedom Fighters, I had all but lost faith in IO.

I don't know who is responsible for such a catastrophic error, but I certainly hope you guys learn from it. In this day and age, you have to be HONEST and FORTHCOMING with your fans.

I have been slowly replaying the game, but in all honesty, I can not enjoy it - as I have had 2 fatal errors happened in a week. Hopefully this patch will address these issues.

I literally completed the game, and was watching the scene between 47 and the head of the agency. Then it froze and the save was corrupted. Amazing. Such a fatal error should've been detected before RELEASING the game wouldn't you think?

I just got hit by it last night.

I hit pause...the game froze...rebooted...game save was corrupt.

Its still in my HDD but the game doesnt recognize it.

Top notch work guys

How would suggest we back up or saved data on xbox 360? USB flash drive? I noticed when I tried to use the cloud drive as a backup the game started to auto sync the data on the start screen.

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    How would suggest we back up or saved data on xbox 360? USB flash drive? I noticed when I tried to use the cloud drive as a backup the game started to auto sync the data on the start screen.
    For the PS3 Im using the PS plus to backup, it asks me if i want it to synch or not, so I'm sure you should have an option like that somewhere, I always choose no, I do it manually.

I have the game at xbox360 and while i play my console is completely stuck without can i do anything except power of and on it again to continue play the save file.

Is that problem of the game because i don't meet any that kind of MAJOR problem to any other game at my console.

Even wirth game update from xbox live yesterday the game still stuck 1-2 times durring i play it.

WHAT THE HECK IS GOING TO BE DONE WITH THAT MEGA MAJOR PROBLEM?????

I don't want to delete my save and begin the game from the beggining i want to simply FIX THAT MEGA MAJOR PROBLEM on the game.

For my case the save don't became corrupted but the game force the xbox360 to completely stuck without can do anything at all except power it off.
    Last edited by fits79; 11-27-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Can someone with a PC version confirm if they got a patch yet and if it fixed anything?

I ran through the game again on normal, doing a suit only challenge. Unfortunately, it froze again - this time on a later mission. My save was lost again. I can't back up a save, and frankly, I shouldn't have to. I am done with this game - and maybe this company - until people start doing their jobs. What's worse, people seem to believe that somehow, the DLC is the problem. I bought every piece of DLC. I was going to be loyal to this game. And this is what I get.

Quote Originally Posted by MyrkV View Post
    Playing on an Xbox360. Already had the game freeze on me several times. At one occasion I lost my progress (the game still remembered my unlocked weapons and costumes, but not my actual progress). Today the game repeatedly froze on me again during the progression between two "scenes" of a mission. After spending hours trying to pass it, multiple times, only for it to freeze at the exact same point I am sick and tired of the entire mission and seriously worried that my repeated attempts will cause another corruption of the save data.

I wanted to report this directly to the development team, but I am unable to find a contact mail for troubleshooting. I am honestly furious about the entire situation. The game isn't perfect in terms of gameplay, but it could have been a decent addition to the series with its emphasis on story if it wasn't for these issues. This is just ridiculous. Seriously considering going back to the store with the game... luckily I kept my receipt.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJoa74 View Post
    Same here,I still have the recipt, I haven't even played it yet, and I got it on release day.
    Quote Originally Posted by house View Post
    Just got this corrupt problem. I am half-way in the game and bam console freeze,
    turn on again and then this problem. Guys do you test your game before release??
    How the f.. you miss this bug?? To bad for me that i live in Croatia so I cant return game,but this is really bad. Why you change quick save to this stupid checkpoint system? I am not millionare i pay game with my hard working money,
    and then this happen,really dissapointed.

Big fan of Hitman games but I guess next time i will wait for peoples to test the game then buy it if everything is okey.
    Sry for my frustration and language but I am really pissed off right now.
    When you tell freeze the game you mean completely freeze the entire xbox360 consoles without can do anything else except power of the consoles and then power it on again?

If yes then i have this crash 2 times on my xbox360 consoles. My save file it doesn't has any issue but these freeze times it isn't good for a game and a company like this.

I'm really surprised how can bugs and issues like this not get detected by the quality testers...all this time and we get a game that has issues that should not exist in a final release.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast