Eidos Forums  

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Hitman Series > Hitman: Absolution General Discussion > H:A Technical issues and Bug Reports

Old 11-26-2012, 08:47 AM
New Player

The game crashes often for me. It can load and even view cutsceenes but often I won't get to play. On Contracts it crashes allways when I change disguise on penthouse and a lot other levels. I'm glad I only paid 40 dollars on it, the game is ed and the devs are lunitics if you ask me. Way to destroy the franchise and up the basics. Not constructive enough for you? How about this.

You are so original it stings in my whole being. There is not one shred of unique thought in this game, you buildt it upon movies and other games, that sucks. You are wothless the lot of you, (meaning whoever was in charge). You must have thought Hitman (The Movie) was something to aim for, but the movie sucked and your game sucked and you suck. Who ever is in charge of the desitions for this game is someone who sucks and doesn't have a sain thought in his head, so many simple steps to make this game terrific, but he couldn't manage to see that. Why not epmploy autistics and general retards to do the work for free? Or is that exactly what happend? Really, one bad secision after the other. Hollywood wannabes. The six year old Blood money is better, but you have to go Splinter vell convction, it's hard to work on a working concept, or even to think of something new. Bullocks.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:47 AM
New Player

I had this happen to me a couple days ago. Stumbled upon a few threads on this forum. I wasn't too far into the game so while frustrated I still started all over again.

I literally just had this happen again an hour ago I was TWO missions from the end with well over a hundred challenges complete and a ton of unlocks. I had easily 30 hours into this game if not way more and this doesn't count the first time this happened. However this time? it wrecked everything. Thank god I had a backup but the hours it's gonna take to restore? I'm finished with this game. Now? i'll watch someone else's playthrough.

This is totally unacceptable and embarrassing. The fact that it's happening on multiple platforms? At different levels, in different ways? That's shockingly unprofessional and amateur. I expected better and it pains me that I'm just so over this that i'm done. I don't even care when and if you fix it, but for those that still do I hope it's soon. This MIGHT be a rental one day, but for now I'm taking it back. It hurts me, as hitman on the pc was one of the original games that first got me to love playing videogames. What a disappointment.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:00 AM
New Player

Any update yet with timescale
Old 11-26-2012, 09:15 AM
Permanent Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingphoenix View Post
I had this happen to me a couple days ago. Stumbled upon a few threads on this forum. I wasn't too far into the game so while frustrated I still started all over again.

I literally just had this happen again an hour ago I was TWO missions from the end with well over a hundred challenges complete and a ton of unlocks. I had easily 30 hours into this game if not way more and this doesn't count the first time this happened. However this time? it wrecked everything. Thank god I had a backup but the hours it's gonna take to restore? I'm finished with this game. Now? i'll watch someone else's playthrough.

This is totally unacceptable and embarrassing. The fact that it's happening on multiple platforms? At different levels, in different ways? That's shockingly unprofessional and amateur. I expected better and it pains me that I'm just so over this that i'm done. I don't even care when and if you fix it, but for those that still do I hope it's soon. This MIGHT be a rental one day, but for now I'm taking it back. It hurts me, as hitman on the pc was one of the original games that first got me to love playing videogames. What a disappointment.
Be careful with voicing your opinion you may get banned. It's no good for PR and their sales, so their solution is to just ban you so that you're not heard.

This is what they do to long time fans.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:17 AM
Permanent Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by D6oby View Post
Any update yet with timescale
I would like to know as well.

There's absolutely no way I will start this game, again, and risk another corrupted save. So, I basically have a $60 x-mas tree ornament.

If my company released a product like this, we would be bankrupt and out of business in no time.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:56 AM
Gamer

Did anyone else get alert for a small update for this game, on Xbox. I did today, It was about 980k,just wondered what it was for
Old 11-26-2012, 10:20 AM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgustedloyalfan View Post
Be careful with voicing your opinion you may get banned. It's no good for PR and their sales, so their solution is to just ban you so that you're not heard.

This is what they do to long time fans.
Wouldn't be suprised. Let's all bend our knees and praise this gift from God called Absolution, even tough it stinks sucks and reaks.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:22 AM
Gamer

Well, two of the three games sites I emailed have just run a new article in the last couple of hours, they have quoted this forum and its posts.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:02 PM
Gamer

Do you have a link to the articles.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:19 PM

14 hours of playtime gone. Game froze on my 360. Had to reboot and my save was gone. Not impressed
Old 11-26-2012, 01:03 PM

Okay Eidos, enough is enough.

It's now 7 days since the game launch and this "bug" was found by your customers (and not by IOI's testers and Q/A Dept...) and we are no better off.

People CANNOT play the game they shelled out money for. There needs to be an update on progress.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:16 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybohy View Post
Well, two of the three games sites I emailed have just run a new article in the last couple of hours, they have quoted this forum and its posts.
links plz
Old 11-26-2012, 01:30 PM
New Player

Default Come on what's going on

65$ 18 hours later of playing years of anticipation of hitman. And this is what happens. It's not the server. It's the game. I'm not connected to Internet I har been playing off line for 2 days now and after numerous hours of playing my file is corrupted. I mean come what the heck? Are you guys paying for game testers cause if your fire them. It's pretty sad you have people who have been waiting days months and years for this game to have this happen. You guys need to help us out and keep us updated on a fix cause i paid 65$ to play a game not to have it hold down my paperwork. This game was great I had alot of fun playing reminded me playing when I was younger and now this corrupted file is totally ruining the gaming experience I've been waiting for. Please update the fans of this game cause if not I'm taking this game back for my money.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:11 PM
New Player

Thumbs down The Hitman name is down the ruins

I just had the glitch happen to me, I was at the end of the game and my xbox froze. I restarted assuming that I'll just replay the section and everything was gone. I can't believe all the hours of work put into this game have just gotten erased. I swear to god I will never touch a SquareEnix game, this is disgusting. How did this game even pass testing stage ?
Old 11-26-2012, 02:12 PM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralAjAx View Post
links plz
http://www.gamepur.com/news/9838-fix...io-intera.html
Old 11-26-2012, 02:37 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralAjAx View Post
links plz
Google the issue, n4g for starters
Old 11-26-2012, 02:54 PM
Permanent Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAP151 View Post
Okay Eidos, enough is enough.

It's now 7 days since the game launch and this "bug" was found by your customers (and not by IOI's testers and Q/A Dept...) and we are no better off.

People CANNOT play the game they shelled out money for. There needs to be an update on progress.
They simply don't care. They already have our money. It's as simple as that.

And if you keep voicing your opinion then they will ban you because it's bad PR for prospective buyers browsing this site. Trust me.... they will.

Eidos, I/O and Square Enix are a joke.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:04 PM
Gamer

Lock-ups and CTDs can kind of be expected on a PC where there are so many possible combinations of drivers and absence/presence of features. Saying that, those kind of issues should be handled by appropriate error handling at the software level so should not be expected in reality.

On consoles on the other hand where hardware and OS is fixed such concerns should not be an issue and so should not be expected.

When it happens on both it just goes to show how poor software quality has become. For a game as hyped and expensive as this I would have expected a better class of testing/QA. Shame on Eidos/Square Enix for putting too much attention on the hype and not enough on the QA.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:26 PM

Default Save Corruption

To whom it may concern,

I am also writing regarding the save corruption issue which many customers have already noted. Reserving my copy of Hitman Absolution in advance and obtaining it on release day, I encountered the bug during the course of a first evening of enthusiastic, delighted play. Discovering that my save file had been lost on the next day, I searched the Web and as at least glad to see that the issue had been acknowledged.

Returning to the Hitman forum five days later, after seeing the game for which I had planned an entire week (of limited time) sit unplayed, and seeing no further progress update, I must say that I am a little disappointed in the public handling of the situation. For the sake of the perception of the Hitman franchise, and in the hopes of soon being able to further appreciate the quality of your product, I add my voice to the customers requesting a formal update on this experience-breaking issue.

Best wishes, from a loyal but frustrated Hitman fan.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:46 PM

My game has frozen during the auto-save loading screen three times already. It just happened the last time a few minutes ago. I lost everything the first two time. But, this time, for whatever reason, I only lost my progress into that particular level where the game froze during loading and auto-saving.

Please fix this. I am almost too nervous to play and risk losing my progress. Again.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:42 PM
New Player

So I'm pretty upset still that I put alot of effort to play this game. And I'm over it. There is no way I will be able to enjoy this game after all I went through. I will be returning my game for a refund. Thanks hit man.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:15 PM
Gamer

man this is bad, where have all the support staff gone?
Old 11-26-2012, 07:26 PM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJoa74 View Post
man this is bad, where have all the support staff gone?
They're like agent 47 sneaking around
Old 11-26-2012, 08:54 PM
Permanent Vacation

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyRebirth View Post
Hi folks

I just wanted to give you a heads-up on the random crash/corrupted save issue that we've been seeing a few reports on.

Right now the team is working around the clock on a fix for this - it's a top priority for us.

We're sorry for the frustration this is causing for those affected, and we're doing everything we can to get it sorted as quickly as possible.

I'll come back with updates as I have them.
Is there any kind of update you can give the customers? This is getting kind of ridiculous. People are begging for any kind of update as to whether they are safe to play and we're simply being ignored.

Nothing on twitter - nothing on the official forums - no reply on email inquiries. Hitman has a huge loyal fan base that I/O is now basically giving a middle finger to.

Personally, my next step is to contact the better business bureau... though it probably won't do much and your company most likely doesn't care. I have no other option since returning opened software is not an option.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:59 PM
Gamer

jesus christ though, hitting the eighth day now. Ironic how the credits is the only thing that works fine in absolution, also the original post was made 5 days ago then they vanish

Last edited by seargentmayor; 11-26-2012 at 10:10 PM.