Eidos Forums  

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Hitman Series > Hitman: Absolution General Discussion > H:A Technical issues and Bug Reports

Old 11-22-2012, 07:46 AM
Archduke
Eidos Administrator

Default Crashes & Save Corruption issue

DECEMBER 3 UPDATE
We are aiming for a release date for the console patch some time next week (beginning December 10). We believe that it fixes all reported crashes, but it still needs to complete internal testing, as well as submission to Microsoft and Sony. If there is any change to this we will let you know as soon as we can.

The full post about the patch is here.

UPDATED INFORMATION ON THIS TOPIC
We have indeed identified a number of issues that cause game freezes and crashes in a number of instances. We appreciate this is extremely frustrating as, if the crashes happen during an autosave, saves can get corrupted, which in turn causes lost game time. We're obviously very very sorry this is happening to some of our players and we are working on a patch.

I appreciate that this is frustrating for you all and that the lack of information is less than optimal. We do try to relay information to you as soon as we have it with the community team but there are many threads here to keep track of and updating them all is hard. Things take time to identify and fix and the team is working as hard as possible on this. As such, please come back to this thread and this post for updates.

Nov. 28, 20.29 CET - PATCH UPDATE
We have a live team working on a patch to fix these issues (Xbox360 and PS3 in particular) and as of this writing the patch is being quality checked (patching one thing can often lead to breaking others so we need to make sure everything is working). It looks promising but we cannot at this time give an exact timing on when the update will be ready for download. We'll make sure to keep everyone posted as soon as we know something for sure.

Regarding corrupted saves, it currently looks like we will not be able to fix corrupted saves. Lost data is, unfortunately, lost. We are truly sorry for any grievance this causes. Please feel free to PM me (nick@IO) if there's something you feel like sharing directly. I'll try to answer as much as I can.

------
Original post below
----
Hi folks

I just wanted to give you a heads-up on the random crash/corrupted save issue that we've been seeing a few reports on.
Right now the team is working around the clock on a fix for this - it's a top priority for us.
We're sorry for the frustration this is causing for those affected, and we're doing everything we can to get it sorted as quickly as possible. I'll come back with updates as I have them.

Last edited by SlyRebirth; 12-03-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:21 AM
Gamer

Thank you for the update. I'm just wondering are the disks defective or will the update fix them?
Old 11-22-2012, 08:34 AM
Archduke
Eidos Administrator

Any fix would be via download. As soon as there's any news I'll let you know.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:42 AM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyRebirth View Post
Any fix would be via download. As soon as there's any news I'll let you know.
Thank you
Old 11-22-2012, 10:08 AM
New Player

Default FYI

I know you guys are working on it so not trying to bug you, just giving you info in the hope it may help. Have a Xbox 360, and has crashed/froze twice during loading of opening of a stage. Corrupted save data, so have had to start replaying from beging also. Instances were... Opening of first mission/tutorial, and entering the game at start screen. I look forward to it getting sorted
On a different note I've played all the hitman games and this is by far the richest and deepest so props! It looks amazing, and i like 47 new moves Addmitedly i'm dissapointed on the no weapon select and what not for the single player. I bought all the dlc weapons, and suits right off the bat..... only for them to be for contrat mode. That was a staple throughout the other hitmans.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:10 AM

I had the same problem i was playing on easy and it crashed and damage game save on the new year in china town level... Now i restarted the game and now playing on Hard Mode and I had no problems with it so far. Best best untill a fix comes out is to back up you game save to the cloud (if you got PS +) or usb stick, so if it happens again you can use your game save from there.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:57 AM

Likewise just posting my issue here for your information - I have confidence you guys will resolve it.

On my Windows 7 version, game crashes in the tutorial mission, specifically when you get the first little instructional display, right after the narrator explains the status bars to me. It reads something like "F1 to access notebook" and then the game hangs. This happens every time I play at this precise moment.

Hope that is clear. This is on a geforce gtx 560ti with newest drivers, and then tested also with nVidia's beta drivers with the same result.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:11 PM
Gamer

Just wanna add, of the two times the first level loaded, the patch was not installed, if this makes a difference. But removing the patch doesn't make a difference.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:39 PM

Exclamation Re: Additional Save Game Funkiness

Playing on PC (Retail/Steam) and haven't had save game corruption BUT have an annoying detail. I played through M3: Terminus first via agressive recon and got an negative score overall. Now that I completed it again in Purist mode without getting spotted, I got the unlocks for parts 1 & 2 BUT only part 2 had it's score and title updated, part 1 is still in the negative and has "Agent" as score.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:23 PM

Posting for your info, hopefully helpful...
Just finished KOC purist run, freeze, restart, damaged save message.
To rub salt in wounds start fresh, complete all challenges on APC, start purist run same thing.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:51 PM
New Player

Default Help I recieved from Microsoft when Square Enix Said they had Nothing

what they lady helped me from microsoft was to go to the dash board and go into the hard drive. Don't select into it just highlight your storage device then press y and delete the cache then after that delete any saved game data. next go back to the hard drive again don't select it just highlight it then press LB RB X LB RB X and then select yes to delete the xbox update. Then I believe restart the console without the game in re-install the update then start the game up and then install the game update again. Just another option for you to see if that helps at all man.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:14 PM
Gamer

Glad you guys found the way to the forum, first reply i saw on a thread with a link to here..
I hope this get's fixed soon because untill then, i won't be playing hitman
Old 11-22-2012, 04:15 PM
New Player

It's a top priority, really good to know. Thanks for the all info. I guess, 1.02 is the most wanted patch of the year.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:28 PM

I've been getting crashes when I take disguises, bought it on Steam. That seems to be the only time it crashes, but it doesn't happen every time, it's normally the second or third disguise I grab when it crashes.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:05 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by msebass10 View Post
what they lady helped me from microsoft was to go to the dash board and go into the hard drive. Don't select into it just highlight your storage device then press y and delete the cache then after that delete any saved game data. next go back to the hard drive again don't select it just highlight it then press LB RB X LB RB X and then select yes to delete the xbox update. Then I believe restart the console without the game in re-install the update then start the game up and then install the game update again. Just another option for you to see if that helps at all man.
Thank you, I'll give it a shot, maybe I'll skip the update altogether, I have a suspicion it's playing a role in it.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:24 PM

My game also crashes when i try to change disguises, really frustrating. Bought it on steam and pretty much happens every time.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:07 PM
New Player

If it's any help with your troubleshooting, this has happened twice to me now, on Xbox 360 Elite Edition.

Game installed.
Dexter Industries level.
Restarting Checkpoint (or dying) near the backup security post.

The screen will reload the checkpoint, but freeze immediately.
Then the save is wiped.
It wiped it locally on my HDD the first time.
Then second time I was saving via Xbox CLoud, and it was wiped there also.

Hope it helps, because honestly, although Hitman has great replay value, when I am focused on the story this is ruining my experience because I want to simply rush the existing levels now to get back to where I was when I lost my data.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:43 AM
Gamer

To the devs:

Thanks for the attempt, but can i ask? Are u trying to fix the already corrupted save game or a title update that prevents from corrupting again?
Old 11-23-2012, 07:52 AM
New Player

Quote:
Hi folks

I just wanted to give you a heads-up on the random crash/corrupted save issue that we've been seeing a few reports on.

Right now the team is working around the clock on a fix for this - it's a top priority for us.

We're sorry for the frustration this is causing for those affected, and we're doing everything we can to get it sorted as quickly as possible.

I'll come back with updates as I have them.
Any news on the failure to Launch at all issue? Thanks in Advance. I have spent hours trying to figure this issue out. I have a windows 7 platform. On a HP DV7 laptop. Intel I7 Processor and the 6770M Radeon graphics card. 8G Ram. Have spent hours trying to get this game to work. Updating drivers. Uninstalling Steam and re-downloading the game again. Another (4hrs)LOL. This has been a total disaster and I am out of ideas on how to get this game to actually launch. All other games seem to launch fine from Steam. Getting a Crash Dump file each time I try to launch the game. I can upload the file if you need it to solve this issue. I am running Mcafee anti-virus and have no other antivirus software running. Thank you in advance for all your help!!
Old 11-23-2012, 07:59 AM
Gamer

Default We should get something for this

We should get an ingame bonus for buying a $66.67 piece of metal tin that has been sitting there for the last three days doing nothing, while the FB page posts about 50,000 contracts
Old 11-23-2012, 08:15 AM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by msebass10 View Post
No luck
Old 11-23-2012, 08:18 AM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seargentmayor View Post
We should get an ingame bonus for buying a $66.67 piece of metal tin that has been sitting there for the last three days doing nothing, while the FB page posts about 50,000 contracts
I doubt we'll get bonus, but it is kinda frustrating how so many people are playing
Old 11-23-2012, 12:01 PM

This happened to me today aswell, was very depressing. I was well over halfway though the game, when it froze during a cutscene. I hard reset my xbox, thinking it was nothing. It asked me to resize my sceen and when I tried to load up the campaign I could only start a New Game.

I've done some research and this seems to be quite a prevelant issue across all platforms, and those are only the people who could be bothered writing threads about their experiences. This is an awesome game, please don't give up and fix this issue. I'm rather worried about starting the game on Purist and losing my saves randomly for no decernable reason. Plus actually completing the game in general would be nice.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:23 PM

Add me to the list.

Was at least 3/4 done with the game and most of the challenges done... then freezes on an intro movie.

Re-boot the 360 to find it asking me about screen resizing and my downloaded DLC. Get into game and no campaign save file...

Really Eidos? This isn't good enough and just pisses people off. There is QA testing for a reason...

Lost all will to play the game now.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:42 PM

Default Hitman restarts pc

Quote:
Hi folks

We're sorry for the frustration this is causing for those affected, and we're doing everything we can to get it sorted as quickly as possible.

I'll come back with updates as I have them.
Hi, Hitman Absolution keeps crashing and causing the pc to restart when king of chinatown video ends and the game begins to load, my pc specs exceed those recommended. but i played the first level with 2 crashes that caused the pc to restart. any ideas?