Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: PETITION - Tweak disguise system

Default PETITION - Tweak disguise system

IO, can you tweak the disguise system? It is utterly ridiculous that some NPC can see you from miles away and even to be suspicious about you. Don't get me wrong I love the game but it is so frustratning to knock someone out, grab his disguise and only to find out that the disguise is not really a disguise but a buff that helps you for few more secounds before they blow your cover. Seriously there is not a big difference betwen the suit and a disguise. The disguise just lets you be "unseen" for few more secounds. I understand in some missions it makes sense that they are on high alert.

Suggestions for the next patch:
    • Detection meter - Lower the detection rating (arows), make it so NPC get suspicious when you are too close to them or you are doing something suspicious (running, throwing objects etc), instead of being spotted by their gazing eyes from miles away. Maybe notch down the distance before you get suspicious to the guards. Sneaking around is realistic in the game but it is not always the most fun way to enjoy the game. Maybe make it so when they are in suspicious stat that the arrow starts showing up.
    • Masks - Make masked disguises work properly it is as if it doesn't change anything if you wearing a masked disguise.
    • Blending in - It lets you blend it at one NPC but later if you ran out of instinct you are not able to blend in again oO (very frustrating on Purist). When that happens I am forced to sneak around instead of trusting my disguise. I know the idea sounds fine on paper but it is really ridiculous in actual gameplay. I understand it is a stealth action game but why even bother with disguises then if they are not giving you the perks of being in a disguise? Maybe try patching it so that blending is infinite but the same guard will get suspicious if you blend in too often (how often could depend on the difficulty)
    • Dialogs with NPC - I haven't really seen this compared to early builds, only in few levels, maybe you could add more of this to help blending in.

That's all I have to say. Some of it is wishful thinking but other parts of it is an issue that must be adressed. This game has so much replayability but the disguise and detection is really ruining it, well at least for me.

Also feel free to sign this if you agree with me.

Signed

The game touted you can hide in plain sight, we need that game not what we have now. The only time you should be detected is when an NPC is looking at your face and close up. Not from across the room and not if your back is turned to them when they spot you.

Agreed. I have no issue with them seeing through my disguise up close and personal. I have a huge issue with the way it is right now, especially on the harder difficulties.
    Its like they did no end user testing for this game before releasing it. I get glitches, like graphical problems, or the King of Chinatown not leaving the pagoda, but this (disguise system) is just...broken.

Yeah, no one should be suspicious of you if you're wearing a full face mask. The distance is a problem too. A guy shouldn't be able to see that I'm a fake from 30 to 40 ft away.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekay980 View Post
    The distance is a problem too. A guy shouldn't be able to see that I'm a fake from 30 to 40 ft away.
    I'm not entirely sure, but I think the visual range of npcs depends on the difficulty. Although it doesn't really make sense for basic human abilities to vary according to different game parameters, I recall noticing a significant change in how likely one is to be spotted when changing from easy to normal and vice-versa. I don't know whether this applies to difficulties above normal as well.

We are currently looking at how to tweak the detection system with disguises.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@IO View Post
    Thank you.

What about the bonkers save/checkpoint system where it reloads all NPC's e.t.c?

Quote Originally Posted by Eptesicus View Post
    I think that might be a bit more off; sounds like it will need a re-write of the checkpoint system.

Thank you so very much.
    Doorman: Absolution. Tom Francis from, PC Gamer was 100 percent right all along: http://tinyurl.com/cqpv4wb Steam ID: Sean Rubin

Quote Originally Posted by Eptesicus View Post
    Yeah, that's not going to happen. The checkpoint system was never meant to be a save system but, arguably, the communication of what it actually does could probably have been better.

Yeah, that's not going to happen. The checkpoint system was never meant to be a save system but, arguably, the communication of what it actually does could probably have been better.
    The thing is that your progress is ruined if you use the checkpoint system. That seems kind of non-intuitive. I could understand you starting at the checkpoint when you reload, with the exact same things as when you activated the Checkpoint. That would make sense.

This means that all the NPCs you took down, all the items you acquired etc. up until the point you activated the checkpoint would be saved, and people would feel less frustrated actually using your checkpoint system.

the communication of what it actually does could probably have been better.
    No,the implementation of it could have been much better.

the checkpoint system really needs a fix its just not right the way it works, it resets the instinct meter and everything.
    its making the game feel like a chore where you just want to beat the level already since you have to keep going through all the npcs that spawn again, it ruins people's strategy big time. how can the checkpoints not be patched to save better? i would think this is something you guys would want to fix.
    Last edited by Phobius187; 11-22-2012 at 03:28 AM. Reason: misspell

I've had so many issues with disguises, not doing what they are supposed to do, I've been doing suit only plays. I've only found a disguise work in the train terminal and even then i question if i couldn't have just done the same thing in a suit.

Still could be worse, it could be CN 47 all over again where you had to shadow guards to even get past a gate XD

well if this is thread of "what you want to see changed in next patch"

Please somehow tweak usage of instinct, why does it burn so much if I am just standing and checking "map", also I have everything off (hints, paths and stuff like this)

or at least update radar, is hard to know if grey arrow on the radar means guards looking your way is above e.g on the upper floor but sees you, or under you and he cant see you at all, because thats the only reason why I ever use instinct (aside from blend in if its necessary)

Quote Originally Posted by kasi_t View Post
    I'm not entirely sure, but I think the visual range of npcs depends on the difficulty. Although it doesn't really make sense for basic human abilities to vary according to different game parameters, I recall noticing a significant change in how likely one is to be spotted when changing from easy to normal and vice-versa. I don't know whether this applies to difficulties above normal as well.
    Well I've tried the game on all the difficulties just to see what the difference is and the only thing that I noticed regarding detection was that I had more instinct to use to blend in. The detection rate seems to be the same on all difficulties but I am not 100% sure.

Looking forward to it.

Thank you so much.

Guys, hold off the torches!

Quote Originally Posted by MetalNico View Post
    The whole point of Hitman is trial and error,
    No, it's "Hiding in plain sight".

Personally, the only time I had a problem with the disguises was when I was wearing a full body SWAT outfit with dark Face Visor and the dirty cops in Chinatown still spotted me. That was quite terrible.

I am more concerned about the manual Checkpoints that are no checkpoints and can ruin your game - like if you get caught in a small area by respawning enemies. Also, the checkpoints can be used to farm points by repeatedly hiding the bodies of respawning targets. I'm sorry, but the checkpoint system is absolutely embarrassing and completely useless.
    http://vgbastard.blogspot.de/-- a blog for gamers of a certain maturity
    http://lunartiktales.blogspot.de/ -- weirdly cute Webcartoons

I have no problem with the idea of this outfit system.
    but i want to look around, check all the rooms and see what to do and where etc.
    but i cant because i can not even walk in one single room without being noticed in 2-5 seconds. so this kills the fun for me because i have to hide behind everything. the outfits in blood money are even on hard a bit too overpowered. but in absolution, the enemy is even on normal too overpowered. they see/notice you across a complete large hall. that would be ok on the harder difficulties. or if you have way more stamina to protect yourself. but as i said, for me it kills a lot of fun. i have no problem with some sneaking levels. but you have to do that in pretty much every level. nr 47 is not sam fisher

and the checkpoint system ... its really bad.
    all enemys spawn again. and the checkpoints are so random placed that you probably miss some of them.

and the other really bad thing is that you cant see where you are allowed to walk in and where not
    Last edited by milkman53; 11-22-2012 at 06:40 AM.

Completely agree! Come on IO PATCH THIS IN!

Quote Originally Posted by Aegirsson View Post
    No, it's "Hiding in plain sight".
    agreed

Uncharted was trial and error... and now absolution is.... without maps there is no planning therefore it is very difficult to land first time

im sorry IO but this game is continually disappointing me throughout gameplay....

i keep forgetting i am playing a hitman game....

is this hitman : absolution or drakes : absolution or is it dues ex without health replenishment??

what happened?? the levels seem so cluttered

the view seems to be way off as well...

whats with the death scenes??? wow...

linearlinearlinearlinear wow / not linear at all.. because from one scene to the next after i made a mess of the last one the new place 5 feet away seems to be fine....????????????????? so manyyyyyyyyy questions

Quote Originally Posted by MetalNico View Post
    Come on people lay off a bit. The whole point of Hitman is trial and error, if something doesn't work then find a way around it. From what I've played there is ALWAYS a way around something in a level, even if the enemy AI is insane.

Just play the game the way it's meant to be played. Stop being babies.
    I agree but without the ability to save I find that I will often go for the easy solution over trying something. In previous games I could always save before and try to see if a certain strategy would work and if it didn't I could just re-load and not lose the last half-hour of my life.

But I really hope the disguises will be fixed, I miss moments like in Contracts in Deadly Cargo being able to dress up as a swat member and taking part in the raid of the ship or in BM when you could dress up as an actor and be in the play on stage with your hit (sure in real life they would see through your disguise easily, but games aren't meant to be completely real, last I checked we don't have human clone assassins). Both situations that would be impossible in Absolution unless I was eating a donut on stage.

Moments like these were what made the games really fun, not just dressing up to blend in but to be able to do other things, there is some of this for example in Skurky's Law, dressing up as the judge or tin hat man, but often it seems that some disguises are almost more of a hindrance unless I'm using instinct where ever I go.
    Last edited by gamnrd; 11-23-2012 at 04:59 AM.

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast