Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PS3 freezing and then deleting save file.

I got this e-mail back from support:

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

We are very sorry to hear that you are having issues with Hitman: Absolution.

Unfortunately, if a save is corrupt, there will be no way to recover your current progress.

However, in order to avoid such occurrances in the future, please try clearing the game data utility before starting the game again.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

The Square Enix Support Centre team

Dear Enix, it's not the *** save that's corrupt! it's the game who's making it crash!
    Better patch this!

Unhappy PS3 CRASHES AND DELETES ALL HITMAN DATA!!!!!!

Ok so me and my boyfriend had been awaiting the release of this game for months, it finally comes out we love it!................

till tonight we spend the best part of 2 days playing it and completing all the challenges for THE KING OF CHINATOWN level, it crashes and deleted all our data!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED!!! ITS THE GAME!!! NOT THE PS3/XBOX OR DATA UTILITY ITS YOUR GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 3mmar0b10 View Post

Ok so me and my boyfriend had been awaiting the release of this game for months, it finally comes out we love it!................

till tonight we spend the best part of 2 days playing it and completing all the challenges for THE KING OF CHINATOWN level, it crashes and deleted all our data!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED!!! ITS THE GAME!!! NOT THE PS3/XBOX OR DATA UTILITY ITS YOUR GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    welcome to the club

Lightbulb

Okay so it happened a couple more times to me, this time though I took precautions and after every level I exited and copied my save to my USB. But I found something that may help, every time it happened this time (after dying/reloading), instead of pressing the PS button or doing anything I just sat and waited it out, it took at least 5 mins, maybe 10, of loading but it did manage to start working again and become unfrozen. If you do press the PS button, I found even then it would eventually take you to the "Exit game" menu thing so you could leave without ruining your save IF you wait for a long enough time.

It's still a horrible bug that needs to be fixed but hopefully this works for you guys and helps preserve your saves. Just take it slow, backup all your saves (PS Plus is also great for this) and NEVER turn off the PS3 while it's in that state.

i for 1 have been waiting for this game for years pre ordered it paid 80$ or 90$ for it played it and had it freeze up on me 5 times and lost saved game 2 times..... as of now i feel hitman absolution owes us some answers and some compensation.... this is a joke 90$ for a paperweight

Quote Originally Posted by sm00bz View Post
    Okay so it happened a couple more times to me, this time though I took precautions and after every level I exited and copied my save to my USB. But I found something that may help, every time it happened this time (after dying/reloading), instead of pressing the PS button or doing anything I just sat and waited it out, it took at least 5 mins, maybe 10, of loading but it did manage to start working again and become unfrozen. If you do press the PS button, I found even then it would eventually take you to the "Exit game" menu thing so you could leave without ruining your save IF you wait for a long enough time.

It's still a horrible bug that needs to be fixed but hopefully this works for you guys and helps preserve your saves. Just take it slow, backup all your saves (PS Plus is also great for this) and NEVER turn off the PS3 while it's in that state.
    I'll give that a try, although i have never backed up before :P
    They better come with a fix though!
    btw, does anyone knows how to remove "corrupt data" because it keeps counting the file and doesn't remove it (been counting for like 5 minutes and still hasn't begun removing it)
    I'll give that another go tonight!

So frustrating, got pretty far into the game without any problems for a few days, then the saving logo popped up and got stuck on it, so I tried quitting the game but instead got stuck on a black screen and decided to restart the console. Instead it deletes the game save file!

Happened twice so far, and it's getting old by doing the missions over and over...

I also dropped them a link to this thread showing them that it's a quite common error/bug.

This is their reply:

We thank you for this information.

Unfortunately, despite the fact that many people experience that problem, there is no fix for this issue as of yet.

We hope that this will not spoil your gaming experience with Hitman: Absolution.

Kind regards,

---------------------------------------------
    Well guess what...
    IT DOES SPOIL THE GAMING EXPERIENCE!!!!!

happened to me twice ONE WARNING had this problem with another game awhile back and it erased my whole harddrive had to format harddrive as the ps3 would not reboot and i have over 40 games and addons at over 200gigs of info never want to do that again fix please.

Quote Originally Posted by johnmckenna View Post
    happened to me twice ONE WARNING had this problem with another game awhile back and it erased my whole harddrive had to format harddrive as the ps3 would not reboot and i have over 40 games and addons at over 200gigs of info never want to do that again fix please.
    I feel your pain, the same thing happened to me before and I definitely do NOT want to have to get everything back the hard way again.

Although I have been playing more of Hitman and it hasn't happened since.

Quote Originally Posted by umadsadbadbro View Post
    I feel your pain, the same thing happened to me before and I definitely do NOT want to have to get everything back the hard way again.

Although I have been playing more of Hitman and it hasn't happened since.
    fingers crossed eh lol other than the crash and erase with hitman i haven't come past any anoying glitches like others have done. can you remember what came caused this complete loss for you mine was battlefield 3.

They made a sticky post!
    http://http://forums.eidosgames.com/...d.php?t=130498
    They should provide more info and a solution later on there..
    Hope it will help!

same thing just happened to me, dammmmmmmmm, i don't think im gonna play this game untill they fix it, because you know this can happen again, and all my playthrough willl be again for nothing . so Eidos please fix it

While my PS3 has been freezing because of the bugs, I fortunately haven't had my data corrupted yet. They really need to get this fix though ASAP.

Unhappy Hi, I'm another victim...

Hey, guys.

I'm also a victim of the "saved-game corruption glitch". I'm trying to contact all major gaming news outlets to report on this.

So far, I've found that playing offline seems to be better, as it might have something to do with people sending you competition invites or playing your levels.

SQUARE ENIX/EIDOS has to look into this. It's not a random occurrence and it will cause major damage by Xmas.

well this is pethetic not just hitman currupt now whole hard drive is currupted now thanks lost everything have to start every game from scratch and download 200 gigs of addons and updates time i wont get back get it sorted!!
    Last edited by johnmckenna; 11-24-2012 at 03:54 PM.

Lightbulb Tips to Get By....

Guys, I've observed a couple things that might help you get through until a patch is released. Here they are:

-Never try to skip a cutscene (even the intro) as long as the autosave icon is onscreen. Let it fade first.

-Opening the Dashboard/XMB while the game is auto-saving might corrupt it.(How it happened to me).

-Always back-up your files after playing. USB drives, cloud services (PSN+). I've been doing this as well.

-Play offline, if all else fails. Receiving invites and messages during autosaves is dangerous.

Now, let's hope Eidos can come up with a patch for this and that the gaming media notifies all players.

I've had this issue occur twice now, and delete all my progress which is thoroughly annoying. Please fix this ASAP Eidos so we can enjoy Hitman! We can't play your game!

I refused to play it until its fixed because there really is no point if its just going to corrupt my save.

Thumbs down "Gaming suicide"

The game is very long and full of challenges to collect.

I lost some from my first "crash". Losing your save file is "gaming suicide".

Default Sharing the pain

Man, I just registered for the sole purpose of sharing the pain of a deleted save game. I had played all the way through to the courthouse level, gotten the achievement with the tin hat guy and going to jail, and got into the prison where it froze. I had to restart and found my whole game missing, except for the trophies. Oh man, I have to play through the annoying stuff like the thing in which I have to play darts with the syringe again and research and hidings and the damned Saints thing I hadn't even achieved yet. Ugh. It's just not even fun to imagine doing it all again from scratch. I hope the designers are getting no sleep trying to fix this, just like the gamers who spent all that obsessive time trying to get through obnoxiously designed challenges. Totally irresponsible to release a game that isn't ready.

Just happened to me on Xbox 360. I had just beaten the Light Rig challenge on Fight Night with Suit only. I had completed all challenges and Silent Assassin in most of the levels before it. Not the first 5 or so, but after that I started completing all the challenges. I was all the way to Fight Night, getting near the end of the game. Now I have to play through the whole thing again just to finish the story? I'm not doing it. Can someone post a Save File of the completed game or at least up to Fight Night or close to it? I don't care if any of the challenges are completed, I just want to finish the story. If nothing can be done I'll just watch the rest of the levels and cutscenes on Youtube and sell the GDMFing game. It did save my Assassin Techniques, Unlocked Weapons, and Disguises. It said the last weapon I unlocked was the Derringer from Lenny, and last disguise was the Drug Dealer from Chinatown. I had unlocked new ones since those. At least I have all the technique upgrades, that will make replay a little easier if that's what I have to do. But I have five other games I haven't touched yet, and Bioshock Infinite coming this week. If I can't get a save file Hitman goes to the bottom of the pile. Or I might just sell it and watch someone else play on Youtube so I can know what happens. I guess I'll be using the Cloud Storage option for this game from now on, because someone's negligence in over at Square Enix has cost me to have wasted 20-30 hours. If they want to pay me $20 an hour for those hours, I'll accept that and stop complaining. But I'd rather have a save file that can let me continue the story from where I last played. I don't need the challenges done, just the level progress, but it would be nice to have the challenges I had done too. I don't feel better knowing this has happened to others too, I feel just as bad for you guys as I do for me. This was total negligence. Some keyboard jockey decided it wasn't worth five minutes to make sure Save Files were protected from system freezes. Plus this happens on both PS3 AND Xbox 360. Is it even possible to load someone else's save file onto an Xbox and play from it? I'll even take one of the whole game completed and I'll play through from Fight Night using level select. If someone could please help me out with a Save File I would greatly appreciate it. You can email it to me at DylanCole@dylancole.com.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralAjAx View Post
    I got this e-mail back from support:

We are very sorry to hear that you are having issues with Hitman: Absolution.

Unfortunately, if a save is corrupt, there will be no way to recover your current progress.

However, in order to avoid such occurrances in the future, please try clearing the game data utility before starting the game again.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Dear Enix, it's not the *** save that's corrupt! it's the game who's making it crash!
    Better patch this!
    ^
    ^
    ^

Thanks Square Enix. I've never had to do this for ANY OTHER game I've played. What is it about Hitman: Absolution that requires this step to be needed to keep a save file from being corrupted?

So I got a save file, but I'm having trouble with it. Can anyone help? I downloaded Microsoft Net Framework 3.5 and a handy little program called Horizon. I put my new Hitman save file onto a Xbox formatted USB, I stick it in my computer, open Horizon, go to Device Explorer, and here I am stuck. The device explorer doesn't do anything. The green bar at the bottom will flash with 4 bars and disappear real quick. Clicking on Load a Device does nothing. Dragging and dropping the drive into Horizon doesn't load it. How can I get Horizon to see my USB so I can edit my save file so I can continue playing Hitman: Absolution where I left off. Obviously Eidos and Square Enix aren't going to help me or anyone else, hopefully someone on here can help.

I just got it on my PS3 luckily i was only at the terminus mission. But either way this is a f'uped glitch. And the reason why you would be restarting so often is because they put these stupid challenges in the game and the biggest reason why it's a balls to replay the missions is because you have to redo the challenges. If the challenges weren't there this glitch would be a lot less annoying and frequent. I mean they know you cant do all challenges in one play through so you'll be replaying and reloading the game really often. They should have seen this coming and protected the save game. Lazy mistake.

Complete nightmare its going back to the shop must of been 3/4 through game and enjoying it when game crashed rebooted, all progress lost! Haven't the heart to start again. What A Load of rubbish how can it wipe the whole game? I was going to get latest Tomb Raider but now not sure as can it be trusted ? Xbox360 version

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast