Eidos Forums  

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Hitman Series > Hitman: Absolution General Discussion > H:A Technical issues and Bug Reports

Old 11-19-2012, 10:18 PM
New Player

Unhappy PS3 freezing and then deleting save file.

Was playing the missions after the China Town one and I died, it started loading and kept loading for at least 5 minutes, pressed the PS button and the screen went black and the PS3 just froze and wouldn't let me do anything. The PS3 restarted and when I got back into my game it told me there was no save file. Happened on my first time playing so I didn't have the chance to back up the save yet...
Old 11-20-2012, 08:18 AM
New Player

Just posted a reply on a XBox thread. I got the game one weak earlyier. I was allready at the laboratory-mission, created and played some online stuff, had a lot of achievements and money. No everything is gone. Single Player and online stuff. Sucks sooooo hard
Old 11-20-2012, 08:43 AM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm00bz View Post
Was playing the missions after the China Town one and I died, it started loading and kept loading for at least 5 minutes, pressed the PS button and the screen went black and the PS3 just froze and wouldn't let me do anything. The PS3 restarted and when I got back into my game it told me there was no save file. Happened on my first time playing so I didn't have the chance to back up the save yet...
Same for me, it's the level in the hotel.
I can manage myself through the lower part of the level, once i get in the elevator, the movie comes where the guy informs 47 about the bodyguard etc, then the screen just keeps loading, and when i press the PS-home button, the screen goes black (and nothing else can be done). I rebooted the ps3, tried again, and it keeps doing that on that part of the level..
I haven't lost my saves so far..
Is there a fix?!
Old 11-20-2012, 08:55 AM
New Player

i checked my ps-menu and what i found was...my hitman saved-file is broken now. Great -.- !!!!
Old 11-20-2012, 09:04 AM
New Player

I have same problem too. I caught, restarted and game froze on black loading screen. The rest are same. My save file vanished. My logic says: Don't play this game until fix comes. And I say: Sure
Old 11-20-2012, 09:34 AM
Gamer

EDIT: i did loose my savegame =\
Guess i won't be playing untill there is a fix?!
Old 11-20-2012, 06:04 PM
New Player

EXACTLY the same thing has happened to me on PS3. this is ridiculous, had Silent Assasin on most levels and had put about 30hrs into the game already and ive lost everything. The save file is still present on my system, anyone have any ideas how i could make the game read the file?
Old 11-20-2012, 10:42 PM
New Player

This is so frusterating. Ive been waiting 6 years and Payed $80 for this game. My save file has corrupted 4 times. The game is constantly freezing. Contracts doesnt work. There Has been little to no communication from developers as to what is going on. This game is a broken, buggy mess. Wtf! "hitman absolution" more like "man absolution" am I right?.....guys?
Old 11-20-2012, 10:45 PM
New Player

I've been having the same problem too. Consistently. And I just brought it home today. It's not my system as it is good condition and I take care of it. I want to play it but this constant freezing and deleting save files is starting to really irritate me to no end. I was up to the strip club when the delete happened.

Please fix this problem in a timely manner guys because I'd really like to get back to playing the game.

Luckily my created contract is still saved to the server but I'm kinda pissed about my story progress being deleted.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:18 PM
New Player

After numerous crashes throughout the game, my save file was done in at the court house jail. The game IS broken, developers need to do something and fast!
Old 11-21-2012, 12:17 AM

this game is defiantly broken and its trying to break my PS3 dammit!!!!
Old 11-21-2012, 12:47 AM

Thumbs down Take it Back or Not?!

I pre-ordered this game 3 months ago. So happy when I woke up this morning. Smiled when I handed over my debit card. NOW I AM UPSET!!!!
PS3 had to be restarted manually 3 times, game has crashed 5 times, lost saved data 1 time and now I don't know if I should take it back or not? I mean I just bought Black Ops II, Resident Evil 6, Assassin's Creed III and this was my 4th pre-order and was looking forward to it. So I have spent most of my day today restarting this game. My husband is not here so I have no one to ask about what I should do. Do you guys think they will fix this? Or is it a lost cause? I like the game so far. Seems fun, but that fun has turned into anger and resentment. I want to play!
Old 11-21-2012, 02:46 AM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by armywife1016 View Post
Do you guys think they will fix this?
No doubt they will fix it eventually. It's just a shame that they released it in this condition. Especially when people are paying alot of money for their product.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:12 AM
New Player

how did this slip throught the cracks?
Old 11-21-2012, 06:25 AM
New Player

as is said i had the game one week earlier. It was fine..played it for hours each day. The Problem started yesterday after checking my "likes" for contracts
Old 11-21-2012, 07:04 AM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vheox View Post
as is said i had the game one week earlier. It was fine..played it for hours each day. The Problem started yesterday after checking my "likes" for contracts
Agreed. I played story mode (without touching contracts) 8 hours non-stop and there was no problem. I downloaded contracts pass and played 2 contract tutorials then went to bed. The next day I continued story mode. During the 4th or 5th restart loading screen, problems started.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:11 AM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulytau View Post
Agreed. I played story mode (without touching contracts) 8 hours non-stop and there was no problem. I downloaded contracts pass and played 2 contract tutorials then went to bed. The next day I continued story mode. During the 4th or 5th restart loading screen, problems started.
So then it's server communication issues.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:29 AM
New Player

yeah but how ed up can they be, that they bring your ps3 to a hard crash like that.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:41 AM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vheox View Post
yeah but how ed up can they be, that they bring your ps3 to a hard crash like that.
And Oscar goes tooooo..... Testers Other ones are just nominee.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:21 AM
Gamer

Same problem here. I had the ''infinite loading'' glitch happen to me too, but thankfully I haven't lost my data yet.

I have a fat PS3.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:29 AM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surveyorman View Post
Same problem here. I had the ''infinite loading'' glitch happen to me too, but thankfully I haven't lost my data yet.

I have a fat PS3.
yet.

I have a fat also. 60gb. happened to me after it froze a few times.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:30 AM
New Player

Just for info I never played contracts but it happened.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:18 AM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooster198 View Post
Just for info I never played contracts but it happened.
Yea but the even in story mode you're still connected to the server because each level you complete is uploaded to the leaderboards as you progress as long as you're signed online/or connected to your respective network.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:28 AM

Default Now I'm afraid to turn of the game...

They better patch this quick
Old 11-21-2012, 11:52 AM
New Player

Thumbs down Great piece of **** glitchy game

Same thing happened to me twice once on the limping lenny mission... then on the strip club... WTF!!! I waited like 6 years for a new hitman, and this... WTF