Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [PS3] game freeze on start page since 4.30 update

Default [PS3] game freeze on start page since 4.30 update

Hi,

I just bought the missing link DLC from PSN 2 days before Sony release 4.30 firmware update .BEfore this i was able to play to the DLC with no problem , since this update the game Freeze on the "press start" screen , i have to restart the console .
    I tried to remove the DLC and it works i can play the game , try to reinstall the DLC and the game crash again .

Is there someone who experienced the same issue ? IS there any solution ? Maybe the DLC need a patch or something.

Thanks.

im having the same problem. i tried reinstalling the game didn't work. it worked before the update just fine but now can't play it

Quote Originally Posted by microsillon View Post
    Hi,

I just bought the missing link DLC from PSN 2 days before Sony release 4.30 firmware update .BEfore this i was able to play to the DLC with no problem , since this update the game Freeze on the "press start" screen , i have to restart the console .
    I tried to remove the DLC and it works i can play the game , try to reinstall the DLC and the game crash again .

Is there someone who experienced the same issue ? IS there any solution ? Maybe the DLC need a patch or something.

Thanks.
    I'm having EXACTLY the same issue!
    I've recently finished Human Revolution, I bought the Missing Link DLC, played it for the first couple of hours no problem. After recently updating to the new 4.30 firmware, as soon as I start up the game and press start, I can hear the intro music looping (or getting stuck) and I have to actually unplug my PS3 - pressing the power button doesn't even switch the console off.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Same here , haven't played it in months, however even if I remove the game files its still crashes.

However on my other account that I have not played any dlc content I can launch and open the game save file ok

Based on this seems to be save file related issue. Will investigate further. As it could also be issue with dlc save data?
    Currently downloading the dlc again. since the save data is copy protected can not restore saves. I did have psn+ for 3 months maybe if I reactivate it , can try and restore saves, (hope they are still there, heard they stay for 6months)

Update
    Started a new Missing Link game on my other PS3 account, created a save at the start of the DLC , there was also an autosave. These work fine. May not be related to Sony updates?

1. Delete settings file , does not help
    2. Delete 1st auto save files does not help
    3. Will try and delete all or most auto saves and saves!

Q1 Unknown if you can delete the Missing Link DLC separately from those of the main game prior to DLC play?
    A1 deleting the Missing Link save file seems to allow the game to start.

Unknown why it works fine in my other PSN account where I played the game to the end however never played the Missing Link DLC

After deleting the Missing Link Save Data on the Main account (one that has the issue) game launches ok and allows play. However once there is a save it crashes on START.

Update 2:
    I just checked my system is on OS version 4.31 downloaded today Nov. 1 , 2012

Update 3:
    Mores testing required, it still crashes after delete of save data and download the backup of save data from the PSN+ cloud.
    Last edited by ecto69; 11-01-2012 at 10:27 PM. Reason: updates after more testing

Quote Originally Posted by ecto69 View Post
    After deleting the Missing Link Save Data on the Main account (one that has the issue) game launches ok and allows play. However once there is a save it crashes on START.
    My first attempt at fixing it, I went and deleted the Missing Link auto saves, that didn't make any difference. I haven't tried anything else since then.

Are there any Eidos developers or representatives that comment on this forum, at least least see them?

Hey guys, just a heads up to let you know that I've passed this up to the dev team - I'll let you know when I hear more.

Ok guys a small update: Our QA department is investigating this issue now. To assist us, if you're affected by this issue please let us know:

- What version of the game do you have?
    - Do you have a disc or digital version of the game?
    - What is your location/what region is your game? (Eg. North America, Europe)

This information will assist us in identifying and reproducing the issue on our end. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by b1skit View Post
    Ok guys a small update: Our QA department is investigating this issue now. To assist us, if you're affected by this issue please let us know:

This information will assist us in identifying and reproducing the issue on our end. Thanks!
    THANK YOU

1. I have the latest update 1.01
      2899MB main game I assume.
      1534mb 1.01 (additional content) + updates if not mistaken
    2. Mine is Disc version the Augmented version bought day one
    3. North America (Canada to be exact)
    4. PS3 320GB Slim about 1 year old
    5. Firmware 4.31, never had 4.30 (did not play games for awhile)
    6. Also I am only at the first part of Missing Link Part 1 the other 4 have locks still
    7. Played many many hours of the main GAME no issues that I recall

I also deleted the save files and pulled backup copies down from PSN+ (those were uploaded March 2012)

Also this new info from PS3 Trophies forum
    If you disable or do not logon to PSN it works (so far have started with success several times)
    NOTE I disable network connection
    Last edited by ecto69; 11-06-2012 at 12:04 AM.

1. I have game without updates, game saves etc.
    2. PS Store version without dlc.
    3. Europe (exact Poland).
    4. PS Slim Cech-3004A one year old with new hdd 500gb WD Black.
    5. Firmware 4.30

So I started playing this game for the very first time, after "press start" all I can hear is the intro music looping.
    Pressing the power button doesn't work at all and I have to unplug my PS3!

Quote Originally Posted by b1skit View Post

Awesome, thanks for the response.

* I always install all available updates, so if v1.01 is the most current version then that's what I've got

* I have the digital download version (no disc)

* I'm based in South Africa but I fall under the Europe region if I'm not mistaken

I've got a PS3 (Slim) that's about 11 months old with firmware v4.31. Whether or not the firmware is related to this issue, I'm not sure, but by the time I played Human Revolution with the Missing Link DLC for the second time, my PS3 was already on 4.30.

As I mentioned above, I only had this issue after purchasing the Missing Link DLC - I played 20+ hours of the original game without any issues.

1) Got DXHR from playstation store, played a lot with it
    2) installed firmware 4.30
    3) got DLC missing link from ps store
    4) played until the biometric scan (after the elevator scene) with few freezes
    5) constantly freeze at the biometric scan scene, even if i try old saved games.

- ps3 is fat, not too hot
    - i play the french version
    - did not installed 4.31 yet

Thanks guys, I'm passing this information on right now. If you still haven't replied yet, please do so - the more information we have, the better

Thanks for looking into this!

1. Version 1.01

2. Disc version

3. Australia

PS3 slim firmware version is 4.31. I'd only just downloaded and installed the DLC for the first time so had no save data except for the normal game saves. Game worked fine until I installed the DLC.

Hi I have the same problem as you with the game deus ex game was suspended in the form of Adam menu where you press start to begin the game. I have firmware 4.31 and missing link dlc, dlc is not a problem as much as I tried to save the game repeatedly install again and nothing, I have both versions of the game and psstore and the blu ray version that I bought thinking that the version of psstore is broken but both the freezing I called our distributor in Poland, but the game does not know the answers suggest to wait for a new patch to the game because the current patch 1.01 and this is where I found the solution to this problem. The problem is just the 1.01 patch I deleted it and the game runs without a problem not started up the game repeatedly freezing and running, installed the 1.01 patch again and the game does not work again so your patches Delete the 1.01.Minus is such that I play the game without being logged into the psn but the game works. The only way out is to wait for the new patch the game and now you can play it offline so. Adam from Poland

Just wanted to chime in and report I just started having this issue too.

v 1.01
    North America
    Disc version

UPDATE:

I signed out of PSN first and then started up the game. It works fine now. 1.01 is still installed.

I noticed that when the game crashes and I try to reboot the PS3 by holding down the power button, the green network light starts flashing constantly. It won't even reboot properly the first time by holding down the power button. I have to do it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightOwl View Post
    UPDATE:

I signed out of PSN first and then started up the game. It works fine now. 1.01 is still installed.

I noticed that when the game crashes and I try to reboot the PS3 by holding down the power button, the green network light starts flashing constantly. It won't even reboot properly the first time by holding down the power button. I have to do it twice.
    I tried that, but it did not solve my freeze (happen in the scan room).

Just to remind all, this thread is specific to the start of the game freeze, when you boot game and it tells you to click the start button, freeze.

Not to discount the other freezes that might be related to Sony update 4.30 or 4.31.

Just to remind all, this thread is specific to the start of the game freeze, when you boot game and it tells you to click the start button, freeze.

Not to discount the other freezes that might be related to Sony update 4.30 or 4.31.
    Agreed

Thanks guys, please keep the info coming if you're affected by this issue. An update on the situation, please be advised that this issue is currently being investigated by Sony's R&D department. I'll provide more information when I hear back from them.

If you disable or do not logon to PSN it works (so far have started with success several times)
    NOTE I disable network connection
    Bizarre, I tried this last night and it actually worked.

I signed out of PSN, started a new Missing Link game (successfully), saved it, quit the game and started it up again loading my recent save and it worked.

I'll try again later and report back, but I'm hoping there'll still be a fix so I don't have to keep signing out.

Thanks for the updates guys. Can everyone confirm that this workaround works for them?

Smile

I can confirm that. Playing offline work for me too. Finally after logout from PSN I can run this game without any problems!

Works for me too...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast