Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [PS3] game freeze on start page since 4.30 update

Thanks Eidos for looking into this issue.

Glad we at least have a workaround until a permanent fix is found.

You really should sticky this or something, this problem has been infuriating me all week (I did several searches too). If you wish, you may close this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jjordon View Post
    You really should sticky this or something, this problem has been infuriating me all week (I did several searches too). If you wish, you may close this thread.
    Good idea.

An update: It has been confirmed that this problem is caused by a change in the latest PS3 firmware - apologies to anyone affected by this issue. We've forwarded the full details of the bug to Sony, but ultimately we're relying on them to fix the problem.

I will sticky this thread as a workaround for those affected. Thanks to everyone for diligently providing us with the information we needed, you were of great help!

I have mentioned this on the forums I belong to as well.

Good work everyone. I recently finished Missing Link and this problem never showed up again (as long as I stayed signed out).

Seriously loved this game (and the expansion), easily one of the best I've ever played. I'm hoping you dudes at Eidos have started work on the next title in the Deus Ex franchise...

I am running the game for the first time - tried starting it three times after installing game data and it froze all three times just after hitting the start button. Then I tried logging out of PSN and the workaround worked. Not super convenient but better than not being able to play.

- What version of the game do you have? Regular Non-augmented version, bought from Amazon about 2 weeks ago.
    - Do you have a disc or digital version of the game? Disc
    - What is your location/what region is your game? (Eg. North America, Europe) North America

So this is normal (for all intents and purposes.) I was worried briefly that it might have just been something weird on my end.

Just wanted to register and say that I am having the same issue.
    Bought the game recently on a sale from Newegg, looking forward to diving in and locking on
    "press start" and it hard locks the PS3.
    I deleted the install file and was going to try that right before I found this thread, so will try and log in as soon as it finishes installing and update this.
    Really should never have to log out for a game, and sadly I know for a game that has run its course like this one the odds of a fix are probably slim and none.

EDIT : Working fine as long as I am logged out.

Default to eidos

Quote Originally Posted by b1skit View Post
    Ok guys a small update: Our QA department is investigating this issue now. To assist us, if you're affected by this issue please let us know:

- What version of the game do you have?
    - Do you have a disc or digital version of the game?
    - What is your location/what region is your game? (Eg. North America, Europe)

This information will assist us in identifying and reproducing the issue on our end. Thanks!
    Ps3
    Disc
    North America

I have discovered that if I disable the internet on the ps3, I can play the game without issues. However I have not tested this withe the missing link dlc. I will report the findings for that when. It is finished downloading/installing.

update
    i have downloaded and installed all dlc
    it seems if you disable your internet connection, the game will work just fine.
    you will get a message at the top of the screen stating you have installed the two weapons dlc (forgot the names). and if you go to the downloaded content menu it will show the missing link. however enabling the internet connection is not possible without exiting the game.
    Last edited by deliverence rise; 04-21-2013 at 09:27 PM.

Default to The Lad

Quote Originally Posted by The Lad View Post
    Good work everyone. I recently finished Missing Link and this problem never showed up again (as long as I stayed signed out).

Seriously loved this game (and the expansion), easily one of the best I've ever played. I'm hoping you dudes at Eidos have started work on the next title in the Deus Ex franchise...
    Deus EX: human Resistance i believe is the title for the next game.

Update 2:

I just started the game. At the game menus when I was about to select continue, I received a message stating I am now signed in to pan. So I figured it is because I rushed to play the game before the console had a chance to sign in. I tested this by exiting the game,signed out,game loaded just fine,continued game, signed in, all is well.

Break down:

Sign out of psn.
    Start game.
    Sign in to psn at main menu.

Quote Originally Posted by b1skit View Post
    Thanks guys, I'm passing this information on right now. If you still haven't replied yet, please do so - the more information we have, the better
    I have the ps3 fat updated to 4.41 with upgraded 500gb samsung hard drive
    I live in london uk
    IHave the limited edition disc, version unknown
    I have found that if I disable my network, the game loads properly everytime

may be the mistake from the system, you should recheck the information and try again latter

Thanks for the info just got the game myself twice cause i thought I just had a bad disc then when the 2nd disc did the same freezing issue I wasnt to pleased but I did what you said and it started right up! You think they would have fixed the problem by Now!!

Exclamation

Anyone getting this problem on the 360?? I just tried booting up the game after the patch on my Xbox 360 and I'm getting this same exact freeze at the menu that the PS3 users were getting. So does this mean this is not a PSN issue? The workaround allows me to go to the main menu, but I cannot load any of my saves nor can I access the missing link dlc. It only allows me to start a new game. Any information on this?

EDIT: Ok, I just tried logging into my profile, then disconnecting from xbl through the system while still logged in. This worked out. Still, this problem is on xbox 360, not ps3, which is most definitely a new problem. I still can't access the game while I'm online.
    Last edited by Steelsage; 07-23-2013 at 10:20 AM.

I've had this problem for awhile now but finally discovered the workaround. The game will load properly if I'm not signed into playstation network. My issue was that every time after install the playstation would freeze after the press start screen.

Playstation version 4.46
    Deus Ex 1.01
    September 15th, 2013

I bought this game a long time ago and it froze after the install and corrupted all the data on my playstation, so I figured my disk was messed up and forgot about it. I just bought a used copy from Gamestop for $9 and it did the same thing, so I finally looked to the internet and found this work around.

Hey all.. seems been a couple years since last comment on the freezing and crashing issue. I just got the Director's Cut and experiencing similar issues. I think I installed the latest 4.45 version to PS3. Prior to this installation, I had issue that it crashes every time I try to enter Jensen's apt the first time in Detroit. I tried re-starting many times over and it still keeps on crashing when trying to enter his apt. When you enter, then it goes into the screen for reloading, but reloading icon normally spins showing that it is in the process of reloading, but this icon doesn't spin, as you try to enter the apt. It just freezes and have to reboot the game.

So, I figured it may be because I hadn't update the PS3 with the system update, so I installed the 4.45 and also deleted the game saved utility and re-loaded the game. Now, I am having issue that as I go through the train depot, there is no sound and to the game or commentary. Then as I exit the depot on the other side of the police dept, it just missing data and showing empty scenes likes it is not loaded properly. Restarted the mission and still same as I go through the depot.

b1Skit or anyone can assist? I have the disc, not sure what version, but has over 6500 MB and I'm North America.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12