Edit 17 Nov 2012: Winners announced here: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...64#post1810864
It's competition time again!
(Short attention span? Don't fancy a long read? Click HERE for a super short summary of this contest!)
We are currently in the process of expanding our forum skin set. On top of the dark themed skin that the TR9 section of the official forums has been sporting since its inception back in the fall of 2010, members will soon also be able to choose from a light themed TR9 skin. It will be similar to the default vBulletin 3 skin that we're using in other sections here. Now, instead of the forum staff or Eidos' web team creating the forum banner for the new skin, as usual, we thought it would be a nice idea to give the community a chance of having their creations in the limelight by displaying fan made banners in this soon to be released new forum skin. So get creative and show us your Photoshop skills!
The banners you create must be exactly 950 pixels wide - no more and no less! This is because the forum contents are set to a static 950 pixels and the banner must align with this, see example here. The height of the banner allows for a bit of flexibility in your design - you may choose anywhere from 100 to 220 pixels for the height.
- The less high you can make the banner, the better. Sometimes less is more
- The official media thread is packed with HIGH RES unwatermarked TR9 media and logos that you can use.
- Don't make your banners too dark. The background color of the new forum skin will be a very light blue - hex code #F1F3F8.
- Use PNG images instead of JPG/GIF for best image quality.
- You can use quotes from the game in your banner to make it "pop" more. For example:
A little housekeeping:
- Every forum member may enter with up to 5 (FIVE) different banners. Please note that these have to be significantly different banners; if you just slightly edit one banner and post it as a new entry, it will not count. You *are* still allowed to post slightly different variants of the same banner, as we may still use them in the new skin, but only 1 of them will be valid for voting in this competition, so please place all variants inside [ spoiler ] tags and only leave 1 of them directly visible in your post, to make it clear which one of them you want to enter with. Click here to see an example of this.
- Entries will be collected on-the-fly and placed in the second post of this thread. The second post will be used by the judges for voting. If you wish to edit/improve your entry after you already entered it into the competition, you need to make a new post with the edited banner and request your old version to be taken out of the second post.
- This comp will run for at least 1 whole month. So plenty of time to create something awesome. Don't rush it and take your time
How to enter:
There is some exclusive and rare booty up for grabs this time, check out the awesomeness below!
Prize set #1: Branded Ogio Backpack + Camelbak water bottle + Crossroads Lithograph
Prize set #2: SIGNED Crossroads Lithograph (Rhianna, Camillia, Karl, John, Noah) + Tomb Raider T-shirt (size L)
Prize set #3: Crossroads Lithograph + Turning Point Lithograph
(click image to enlarge)
An official jury will pick the first and second winner. Third winner will be randomly drawn using random.org to encourage participation by those who may not be artistically inclined. The first winner may first choose which prize set to receive. Second winner will choose as second and the random draw winner will receive the remaining prize set.
The usual obligatory jury FYI: The official jury will consist of Eidos Forum staff members and/or Square Enix employees. The (forum) names of the jury members and their votes will be publicly available once the winners have been announced.
Step 1The rules
- Upload your image using http://pic.driber.net/up (choose "Entry for competition #10")
- Copy the generated forum BB code and post it in this competition thread.
(Why specifically this image host? Read info here.)
- Maximum 5 entries per person/household.
- The deadline for submitting entries is November 6th, 2012 at 12:00 PM CET.
- Keep your entry clean, in good taste and in accordance with our FORUM TOU.
- The forum banner(s) to be used in the new skin may be chosen independently on the outcome of this competition. We may also choose to use none of the entries in the new skin, depending on quality.
- We reserve the right to extend the deadline, for example if we receive a low number of entries.
- In the event of a tie, the person who posted first wins.
- Contestants can only win 1 prize; not a combination of for example 1st prize and 3rd prize.
- In cases of suspected fraud, winners are responsible for proving ownership of their entry in order to claim their prize.
- Any entry that the forum staff deems inappropriate or not complying with the rules will not qualify and will be removed from this thread.
- Winners will be notified via PM or email. Winners must respond with their postal address within 2 weeks of being notified or else their prize may go to someone else.
- Judges decisions are final.
Good luck, everyone!
This contest in a nutshell: Create a forum banner for our new light forum skin. example
The banner must be exactly 950 pixels wide and must be from 100 to 220 pixels high. Use PNG instead of JPG/GIF for best image quality. Upload your banner using this link
and post the image code in this thread to enter the contest. You may enter with up to 5 different banners. You have until November 6th. Good luck
1. Winners will be notified within 52 days of closing date by e-mail or Private Message on http://forums.eidosgames.com/. 2. A list of winners, including names and country, will be available within 6 weeks of competition closing. These can be obtained by sending a Stamped Addressed Envelope to the Promoter (see 9 below). 3. Square Enix Europe accepts no responsibility for entries/prizes lost or distorted in transmission. 4. There is no cash alternative to the prizes. 5. Square Enix Europe reserves the right to substitute prizes with others of at least equivalent value. 6. Competition not open to employees of Square Enix Europe, their agents and suppliers. 7. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to. 8. No purchase necessary. 9. The competition promoter is Square Enix Europe, Wimbledon Bridge House, 1 Hartfield Road, Wimbledon, London, SW19 3RU.