Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Defiance Modding Thread - Widescreen Support, Texture Upgrades

Glad it's all working Thanks.

devilllll, I'm currently swamped working on Defiance, so I doubt I'll be working on anything else for some time. Gorechild has done some modding for BO2 here. Currently, it's not possible to swap models between the games, no.

to use texmod in blood omen 2 you will need this http://www.enbdev.com/convertor_dx8_dx9_v0035.htm place it in the folder with the .exe file. then you need to go to the data folder and findt the game.erg file ande set playmovie = 0 otherwise the game will crash. this only disables the intro and outro, so its no big deal.

have you ever thought of creating a faction of nosgot in medieval 2 total war? type the army of vampire blood omen. I think it would be fun

I am not sure if I am blind, but where can I find a link to download all of the mods in one shot, or do I need to download one at a time?

Also, the texmod gets flashed as having a Trojan. Any reason to worry about that or?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Amidas; 08-29-2013 at 06:13 AM.

Hi Amidas,

Yes, I stopped updating the full one and just started updating individual skins. Texmod can run them all at once, so that's the best method.

I haven't uploaded any in a while, and Sendspace only keeps them so long, so I'll probably have to upload them all again. Let me know if they aren't working.

Texmod is fine. That warning can be ignored. It's a pain for me sometimes, too, as my virus scan software before updating about half a year ago never bothered with it. Now, I have to disable it to run Texmod.

Woot. Beaten the game with all of these (save for the wide loading screens) just a few hours ago. Was quite a ride. In fact, having this motivated me to play the game, otherwise I might not have managed to make myself beat it and finish my GOG/Steam LoK Marathon.
    I still think somebody should redo the intro and the outro with the new Kain in GMod or Source Filmmaker.

Glad you had a good time

I've had notions of redoing a lot of things... A lot of things. Yes, I've let things get in the way of finishing up this big commission, but I aim to get that done this week and to get back onto my projects. I have a surprise to show, but I need to finish it first.

If my ambitions can be anywhere near a reality in any way, then I aim to do a lot more than retexturing now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hylden View Post
    Glad you had a good time

I've had notions of redoing a lot of things... A lot of things. Yes, I've let things get in the way of finishing up this big commission, but I aim to get that done this week and to get back onto my projects. I have a surprise to show, but I need to finish it first.

If my ambitions can be anywhere near a reality in any way, then I aim to do a lot more than retexturing now.
    have you seen the new nosgot? I knew I would have fallen down but not so much! let's pretend it never came out

Sorry for neglecting this thread. Still working on the project I mentioned. Ups and downs doing that, but I will get it done.

Yes, I've seen the new Nosgoth. It's not the ideal LoK, but let's hope it leads to an LoK sequel. You can check out the forums on it, or the site.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hylden View Post
    Sorry for neglecting this thread. Still working on the project I mentioned. Ups and downs doing that, but I will get it done.

Yes, I've seen the new Nosgoth. It's not the ideal LoK, but let's hope it leads to an LoK sequel. You can check out the forums on it, or the site.
    I felt the nostalgia of the old legacy of kain I decided to make a new video, if you want to go to my channel I used your texture
    Last edited by The Hylden; 10-25-2013 at 01:45 PM. Reason: embedded video

[QUOTE=janos audron;1956725]
    someone in the know of blood omnicide? I would like to install the 0.1 update blood pill but nn understand how to do

Thanks for the video. I embedded it on the forum.

Please use the YouTube code to show it instead of linking to YouTube directly.

I don't have any further information on Blood Omicide other than the link to it:

http://omnicide.legacy-of-kain.ru/en

Looks like the upper right has a Contact section, you can email them, or post on that forum to get help.

Hi! This project is fantastic!
    I have a question, and I hope you can help me. Do you know how to get the texture packs working on the Steam version? I can't seem to make it work and I was really excited to play with your awesome textures.

You have to launch the game through TexMod, not through Steam, then it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Raina Audron View Post
    You have to launch the game through TexMod, not through Steam, then it will work.
    hello I would like to participate in the improvement graph of the game, which program do you use? how to open the "bigfile.dat"? sorry for english

This is probably a stretch... but does anyone have updated links for the vids? Same with SR2. If not, no worries... Thanks in advance!

I'll get these updated again. Since switching to a new computer months ago and getting bogged down in another project, I've been completely neglectful of these. They were on the other computer, but I have them and will update to another host.

CJDJ_Canada, and everyone else, new links have been updated in the first post.

They're near the top of the post. One link for the videos. One for the skin packs.

No more searching throughout the post for links.

Explanations due: I put this retexturing project on hold for a few reasons. One, I wanted to go further and there is only so much you can do here. I chose to try and remodel the characters and not just paint the old ones. Instead of just doing that for Defiance, I'm now trying to recreate the entire Legacy of Kain game cutscenes.

If you haven't seen yet, you can check out the full recreation of the CGI Kain model used in the intros that I sculpted here.

Given the time it was taking, and that I had more I wanted to try my hand at like modeling, I would never have had the time for both. I wold still love to redo the games, but redo them right. I would love, frankly, to redo all models, textures, lighting, mechanics, make the world unified as one, basically remake Nosgoth and have everything connect as a chapter in the same world.

I had dreams of trying to do that, to remake the games myself, briefly until I realized how that would take probably a century for me, alone, to do... I'll settle for trying my hand at recreating the cutscenes, for now.

I wanted to show all of this earlier, but learning how to model and make low polygon characters from high polygon sculpts, all of that took time. More time than I anticipated.

I just got this game off of steam, tried to download the wide screen fix but the file seems to be broken/damaged. Could anyone reupload this file?

Just a note for everyone: I've updated the first post to note that Windows 8 users can now use Texmod. I think it's probably since the update to 8.1 a while back.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456