Eidos Forums  

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Kane and Lynch: Dead Men > Kane and Lynch: Dead Men - General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 03:43 AM
New Player

Default Reset the leaderboards!

Hello,

For a long time the Xbox 360 community has been asking for either a leaderboard reset or a new way of obtaining the True Elite and Celebrity achievements. This is a big deal because there are people blocking the leaderboards and even someone with Trueskill rank 50 won't be able to earn any of the achievements. Besides, those blocking the leaderboards are making money by promising to unlock said achievements in exchange for Microsoft Points. Most of the times, the gamers are simply stolen of their points or of their accounts. So, me and the Xbox 360 community urge you to adress this matter. Take the Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter example. It had it's leaderboards reset as a request from the community. One example suggested is have Celebrity be unlocked at Trueskill level 40 and True Elite at Trueskill level 45. That should award only those who are good at the game and revitalize one of your best multiplayer experiences even if for a short time.

Thank you,

o Melfice (Xbox 360 gamertag)
Old 08-26-2012, 08:18 AM
New Player

This is a great suggestion. I would settle for a leaderboard reset every X number of months as well. I know a lot of people don't play this game online because there is no chance of gaining the last two achievements. A patch would be a great solution however knowing how things like that go it is less like to happen than a leaderboard reset. I vote for anything that makes these achievements obtainable in a way that someone cannot camp at the top and prevent others from gaining the achievements.

AxGryndr (XBox 360 gamertag)
Old 08-26-2012, 08:56 AM

I want a leaderboard reset too, the requirements changed or make the skins made available to everyone as there is some saddo with multiple accounts blocking the top spots, reset it so other people can have a chance at getting the Celebrity and True Elite Achievements or make another way people can obtain them and can this also be done for the pc as this is the same circumstances.

LGS I Hitman (Xbox 360 gamertag)

Last edited by Lewis47; 09-03-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:22 AM
New Player

Default Please Reset the leaderboards

Please reset the leaderboards, even if it were yearly.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:32 AM

I completely agree. The only reason they are able to stay at the top is with multiple accounts and xboxes.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:26 PM
New Player

Hello i'm french sorry if you'll don't really understand my idea

We don't need to reset leaderboard, eidos should put KANE and LYNCH skins on PLAYER MATCH, everyone will be happy, we can't chose them, mercenaries are randoms

We should talk about that on different website like "trueachievements" or "achievement360" then make a petition for an update

I have this idea since a long time but i prefer someone with a good english talk about it lol
Old 08-29-2012, 08:22 AM
New Player

I had a chat with XBox yesterday and they stated that server reset are not handled by them which means this is the proper outlet. The question is will it be done if enough people complain - trying to get a definite answer on that.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:19 AM
New Player

Thanks for all the replies!

AxGryndr, I though so too. It's Eidos that has to make the move like Ubisoft did with Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter.

MisterCarver, that is a really good suggestion although it would remove the glory of gaining a certain skill in the game before unlocking said achievements. But as long as they are unlockable again, I think this is a great suggestion.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:33 AM
New Player

I posted on three sites about this:

trueachievements.com
360voice.com
xbox360achievements.org

Everyone talks about how badly they want the leaderboard reset and yet almost no one has come here to voice that. What a shame.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:55 AM
New Player

I just sent and email to SquareEnix - Eidos' parent company - about getting a leaderboard reset to see if there is even a chance of this happening. I am hoping that they are willing to set some criteria that has to be met, say X number of players respond, at which time they will do this. I think it will be easier to petition other gamers when there is a set goal and a known result. I think right now the attitude is this is some high in the clouds goal and there is no commitment from SquareEnix to do anything. I will let you know how they respond.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:01 PM

I'm definitely in favor of a reset. As a matter of fact any game that has leader board achievements needs to have a periodic reset. Otherwise you will always have someone holding the leader board hostage and trying to use it for monetary gain.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:34 AM

Posting with my support. I believe that if a company uses the leaderboards for achievements, they should be kept up with in some manner. Resetting a leaderboard when there's such an obvious abuse of it is definitely a necessity.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:05 AM

SIGNED..........Count me in I hate not being able to 100% this game as it throws my TA completion percentage out. Do something about it Eidos
Old 08-31-2012, 02:26 PM

reset please
Old 08-31-2012, 08:58 PM
New Player

Thanks so far to everyone that has posted hopefully we will get more.

I have now posted on another site - xboxamerica.com.

If anyone has a suggestion for another site I am more that willing to post anywhere that will help that cause.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:15 PM

I would also like to show my support for getting the leaderboard reset.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:59 PM
New Player

I have posted to yet another site - xbox.com.

jines1284 and myself have added a blurb about this to our bios in the hopes that when people read them they will come here and post.

I am sure that this can happen, I just wish more people would show their support by posting. 300+ views of this thread shows that people are interested in this. If you are so interested please help make this happen by leaving a response.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:38 AM
New Player

I have to agree with AxGryndr, thanks so much for the replies and views. This is a really important issue for the community.

I have also sent Square Enix a message about this about 1 month ago, still no response.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:53 AM
New Player

Well I have not gotten anything bask in response and it seems that no one else is posting - I don't know what else to do.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:59 PM
New Player

So I was just about to think that this issue was dead however today I received the following email from SquareEnix support....

Quote:
Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. It will be forwarded to the appropriate party. We are not aware of there being any trouble or problems in this game like you are describing, although we are not doubting your claim. Please attempt to continue trying to resolve the issue locally while we report this issue to development and management. Thank you for taking the time to contact us today and we look forward to your opinions of our upcoming titles.
Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.

With 500 views this is obviously important. I will post again in all of my usual places and try to get more people to post here.

I also posted a comment on the Facebook fan page.

Last edited by AxGryndr; 09-10-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:31 AM
New Player

This is actually somewhat ridiculous. How couldn't they already know. Anyway, lets wait and see.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:50 AM

Yes. The leader boards need reset. The only reason people at this game anymore is to complete the game. The dev can at least work with us and set something up. Maybe they can reset the leader boards monthly for a year
Old 09-16-2012, 03:12 AM

Reset the leaderboards. Or perhaps change the acheivement to top a monthly leadearboard although this would require a patch.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:07 PM

Please reset this leaderboard! If they have access to the top positions at the company they would see it is owned by 1 person (top rank has the GT MrTrueSkill)
Old 09-24-2012, 03:40 PM
New Player

This just cant be that difficult to patch. Any sadly the inevitable will happen where they will shut down the servers all together. I think a monthly server reset is the answer to most of these. The person at the top also needs to be delft with. There are tons of people complaining that they gave someone some Microsoft points for help with the achievements and they got screwed. Stupid them for giving up the cash though.
Closed Thread