Eidos Forums  

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Hitman Series > Hitman: Absolution General Discussion

Old 10-05-2012, 03:50 AM
IOI Community Manager
Eidos Official

Default Hitman/AMD "Serious Gamer" Competition Thread

It's competition time and we've got something very, very limited to give away to the Hitman community!

We've partnered up with the lovely people at AMD & Sapphire Technology to give away an AMD Radeon™ HD 7870 graphics card.
Not only that, but it comes packaged in a premium, Radeon-branded black aluminium briefcase, complete with a letter of introduction and a USB flash drive with drivers.

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

To get your hands on this cool prize, all you need to do is prove to us that you are a serious gamer. How you do that is entirely up to you - a picture, video, poem, song, dance etc. Just remember that your entry must be somehow posted in this specific thread and you can't break any laws when creating your entry!

Also, if you have huge images in your post, you can run your (entire) post through this tool and it'll automatically shrink all images to forum friendly size

The rules
  • All entries must be posted in this thread. Only one entry per person.
  • Competition is open to residents of the UK, USA, France, Germany and Spain.
  • You must be 18 years or over and be registered on the Eidos Forums before the closing date.
  • The deadline for submitting entries is Friday, 26 October 2012, 11.59PM CET.
  • Keep your entry clean, in good taste and in accordance with our FORUM TOU.
  • Winners will be notified via PM and email on Monday November 5 2012. Winners must respond with their postal address within 2 weeks of being notified or else their prize may go to someone else.
  • Any entry that the forum staff deems inappropriate or not complying with the rules will not qualify and will be removed from this thread.
  • Judges decisions are final.

Territory specific rules

UK Competition Rules

USA Competition Rules

France Competition Rules

Germany Competition Rules

Spain Competition Rules

Good luck!

Last edited by Travis@IO; 10-11-2012 at 06:23 AM.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:10 AM
IOI Community Manager
Eidos Official

Hitman/AMD "Serious Gamer" Competition Entries

This post will list all of the entries for the competition.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:05 AM
iMod™
Eidos Administrator

Looking forward to see what the community comes up with!

Good luck, everyone
Old 10-08-2012, 05:11 AM

Default i do like to game.

also have a big steam library.
First time i started gameing was NES when i was 2.
First game to scare the hell out of me was RE the first zombie and all i had was that knife... but did get a love of moonlight sanata.
good past time trying to use two sawed offs in the early hitman game as well
Old 10-08-2012, 05:18 AM

Talking Ma photo pour ce concour

Bonjour,

Je ne sais pas si il faut poster dans ce Thread pour le concours si ce n'est pas le cas merci de déplacer mon post ou de me le signaler

Donc voici mon image qui montre que je suis un gamer^^

la tour :

2 écrans, un de 27 pouces et l'autre de 23, une R.A.T et le clavier qui va avec, une manette de jeu, un PACMAN le jeu HITMAN blood money (on ne sais jamais ), une tour capable de faire tourner tout les jeux en ultra sans problème mais qui aurais bien besoin de la carte graphique offerte . Et un Pc portable république of gamer de chez Asus une petit bête aussi

Désolé pour la mauvaise qualité des images et la poussière

Last edited by dragonxav; 10-08-2012 at 05:34 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:24 AM

when I lived in Portugal I was number 1 in Portugal in trophies, had platinum in everything from Hannah Montana to the God of War series.
Then I found out pc's are a lot better than gaming systems
Old 10-08-2012, 05:24 AM

Default Serious gamer!

I am definately a serious gamer. I am 26 years old and have been playing games all but the first year of my life! I have always loved video games and will continue to love them forever. I have already lost about 4 girlfriends because of video games but honestly I don't care cuz I live them. What proof do I have that I am a true gamer? My life!
Old 10-08-2012, 05:26 AM

Long time hitman fan and gamer, need i say anymore?
Old 10-08-2012, 05:36 AM

Though lost in a misshapen realm, where things aren't what they seem
my fingers guide me through this place, my hands within a dream
T'was my eyes that brought me here, my mind replaced by a hero's
regurgitating electronics filter ones and zeros.
To sea, to sky, to temple bereft of light
to evaporate the spirits that swallow up the night.
When the fog of the world in which I'm conscious has clouded up my sight,
a different world captivates my ashes, born again into my flight.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:50 AM

Default my entry

here to my entry for the compition which really proves im a serious gamer

you need to c lick on the image to see it as its not showing

Last edited by foodking; 10-08-2012 at 05:51 AM. Reason: image wasnt showing
Old 10-08-2012, 05:57 AM
iMod™
Eidos Administrator

^ Try this: [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/541044_475749075781693_261606950_n.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-08-2012, 05:59 AM

Default I am a serious gamer!

I can name all 151 original Pokemon. (Yes, it is 151! Mew is in the game and has been since before the movie!)
Old 10-08-2012, 06:10 AM
New Player

I am a hit man

I draw my ballers
I hear her cry
I hear her sing
a soft lullaby

Now she lays
her child to sleep
Drunken husband
my soul to keep

Silently waiting
the power sparks
He looks around
I take out my mark

The bullet enters
his life is gone
his wife is freed
to sing her own song

She will change her life
I know she can
I will always protect her
for I am a hit man.

-William T.M. Taylor
Old 10-08-2012, 07:48 AM

Talking Serious Gamer... love it

serious for years and years and years... console and pc... love it

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
Old 10-08-2012, 08:11 AM
New Player

worth a try

Old 10-08-2012, 08:11 AM

Default Gamer?

Gamer?.....
-Star Wars Galaxies Beta player until SOE shut it down....playing on player owned servers also now...6 accounts
-Star Wars the Old Republic Beta tester up to date....2 accounts
-Eve Online with European friends from 2010 til now....6 accounts
-Star Trek Online up until free play....1 account
-SWGEmu still helping with development and testing
-ProjectSWG looking forward to this one coming out

Console gaming started with Super Mario Bros on Nintendo and progressed all the way til now with Beta testing DUST514 on PS3.....

2 favorite games of all time outside the MMORPG realm are
1. Hitman
2. Gran Turismo....any installment
Old 10-08-2012, 08:39 AM

Default Yes Please

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...ze=2042%2C1291
Old 10-08-2012, 08:42 AM

Have been running my clan www.roughnex.eu for over 10 years.
Played and competed on all platforms, wining lot's of tournament, events, etc.
Jut a massive gamer in general.

Queued up for over an hour to play hitman at eurogamer, and then another hour to have another go. So have 2 3" figurines.

I would post up every individual achievement i have earned through running my clan, but just look here if you want :
http://www.roughnex.eu/index.php?site=awards
Old 10-08-2012, 09:07 AM

My names Manny. Im a serious Gamer.

Ive been playing games since as long as i remember, my dad has been into IT since i was a kid and i used to mess around when he was at work and play on his computer all the time.
I played consoles just like everyone but i never found a challenge playing against the computer. When i was 14 i went to my first Lan and dominated an Unreal Tournament 99 competition and played in many different leagues and tournaments online. I started to play quake but came into the scene quite late, but i also started playing Counter strike and played in many different tournaments but never really had a clan that i thought i could go far with.
Since then i moved towards Mmos thanks to a friend of mine, i started off with anarchy online and tried to come up with the most outrageous setups and ideas to prove that its all about players skill and not about ping or how geared a character is.

I then moved on to play Aion and played on the NA servers even though im from uk. Although ping makes a huge difference i still kept at it and became one of the best level 50 rangers on NA. Aswell as only being level 50 instead of 55, i was very ungeared in a very gear based game aswell as not having the most greatest of computers. Despite all of these, i prefered having a tougher challenge infront of me as it proved that i had skill aswell as zero fear and every kill felt that little bit nicer

I also became active in playing league of legends and worked up to a very nice elo by making sure i played champions that would be able to carry a team(Im not losing my match because someone else is bad )

I also played in the alpha and beta stages of shootmania and guild wars 2 and tried to stream myself playing to help others learn but my computer wasnt good enough.

I have screenshots of every single game ive ever played, i have thousands from UT99/2k4 , Quake 4 max, Quake Live, Cs 1.6/CSS / Anarchy Online/ Aion / Gw2 / Shootmania / Blacklight retribution. Not just because i wanted to screenshot, but because i want to look back and learn from my mistakes, see how i used to do things and how i do them now.

I may not have the best internet connection, i may not have the best computer. I never give up, and i never shy away from a challenge.

My name is Manny and i am a serious gamer.

Ps. If someone else wins, pick a game and lets 1v1 for the prize
Old 10-08-2012, 09:15 AM
Gamer

Default Me on Saturday night.

Me every Saturday.
Eeeeevery saturday.

Made this myself with Source Filmmaker using models/textures from Valve Software's games Team Fortress 2. Game is free, as are the resources, so no rules broken ^_^. Also used a screenshot from Battlefield 3.
I've played games pretty much every day of my life since the Gameboy. Favorite console ever was the PlayStation 2, of which I've spent countless hours playing games such as Kingdom Hearts and Dark Cloud.

Last edited by InnocentSam; 10-13-2012 at 03:20 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:42 AM

i am a serious gamer i have played over 300 games, but my favourite games have to be hitman games i loved silent assasin for ps2 the best mission where you shoot that guy in his mansion on the balcony or the guy you kill in the jacuzzi, then it was blood money awsome game just like silent assasin i thought it was great how u came back to life at the end and was able to kill every one i have pre ordered hitman absolution and can not wait for it due to i love stealth games and hitman is the best for me plus i also love a good challenge so i would love to win this competition cos the graphics on my tv are rubbish and that briefcase wow i would feel great having that this is all i have to say i hope i win but good luck to every one else cos this is one awesome prize to have
Old 10-08-2012, 09:57 AM

Default Why i am a "Serious Gamer"

This is my entry! Well i have a youtube channel with over 500 hundred videos on it each around 15 mins long it took me over a year to amass this amount of content and soon i hope to add Hitman Absolution to the list of completed projects!

Attached is a link to part one of my "Hitman - Blood Money" playthrough!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFCts...ure=plpp_video

-Thanks
Old 10-08-2012, 10:08 AM

Default My beast

This is my new gaming machine amd fx 8150 over clocked at 4.8 ghz. Sabertooth 990fx r2 mb. 16gb ddr3 corsair 1600mhz ram. Ocz ssd 60gb. Segate 2tb hdd. Thermalright air cooler. Antec 900 watt gamer series power supply. Basic pioneer DVD light scribe writer. Last but not least amd radeon 6790 graphic card from my old rig all in a nzxt switch 810 case. Looking to upgrade to two of the 7870 and this card could be one of them haha. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
Old 10-08-2012, 10:31 AM

Talking HITMAN Absolution Competition Entry

I am a true gamer! I have 2 monitors, one for my Xbox 360. One for my PC so I can record some sweet gameplay on Hitman. I have a transformer style capture device. I have a wide selecion of games. Also i run a Youtube channel all about gaming.

I LOVE ME SOME GAMES!!!!

Old 10-08-2012, 11:03 AM

Default true gamer

True Gamers are born not made we are legends that rise from ash venturing into the deepest darkest dungeon without a second thought we stare into the darkness into deaths very eye as he stairs back ready for the cold embrace but we fight on night and day never to be faulted by evils touch with our swords held high guns at the ready shields on our back portions in our belts prepared for the long road we walk into the fray we fight for freedom honor and all those we left behind we are gamers we have saved the worlds we tread as will we always