USA Full Rules
1. DESCRIPTION: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The Hitman/AMD “Serious Gamer” Contest ("Contest") begins at 12:01 AM [EST] on October 5, 2012 and ends on October 26 at 11:59 PM [EST] (“Contest Period"). The Sponsor of this Contest is Io Interactive ("Sponsor"). The administrator of this Square Enix Limited ("Contest Administrator").
2. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington, D.C. who are at least 18 years of age at time of entry. Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors and interns) who have, within the past six months, held employment with or performed services for Sponsor, Contest Administrator (collectively, "Contest Entities") or any organizations affiliated with the sponsorship, fulfillment, administration, prize support, advertisement or promotion of the Contest are not eligible to enter or win. Immediate family and household members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. "Immediate Family Members" shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. "Household Members" shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. Void where prohibited.
3. HOW TO ENTER: We want you to show that you are a “serious gamer” and you can do this however you choose – you can write, draw, take a picture, make a video – anything you like provided it can be posted in the Contest thread or mailed to the address as set forth below. All online entries must be posted in the clearly marked Contest thread within the Hitman: Absolution section (http://forums.eidosgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=295
) of the Official Eidos Forums (http://forums.eidosgames.com/index.php
). All internet connection and other charges associated with your entry into the Contest are for your sole account. For entry by mail, print and mail a 5” x 7” postcard containing your Full Name, Street Address, City, State, Zip, DOB, Daytime Phone Number and Email Address to: “Hitman/AMD “Serious Gamer” Contest” c/o Legal Department, 1300 Seaport Blvd., Suite 200, Redwood City, CA 94063. Online entries must be received no later 11:59 PM [EST] on October 26, 2012 and mail-in entries must be postmarked by October 26, 2012 and received by November 6, 2012. Limit one entry per person, per day for the Contest Period. A day is represented by a full 24 hour period of time; (1) Standard mail entries equates to one per day, and (2) All on-line entries represent 24 hours from the exact period of time that the previous on-line entry submission was made. No photocopies. Entrants must provide all information requested to be eligible to win. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. All information provided by entrants becomes the property of Sponsors.
4. PRIZE: One (1) AMD Radeon HD 7870 graphics card, packaged in a premium , Radeon branded black aluminum briefcase, complete with a poster and a USB flash drive with drivers [PRIZE APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: $500]. Winner will be responsible for any and all federal, state and/or local taxes resulting from acceptance of the prize. Prize winner cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person. No cash or prize substitutions are allowed except at the discretion of Sponsor. If an advertised prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of Sponsor, a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value will be awarded. Other restrictions may apply. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Limit one prize per person, per household.
5. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: The winner of the Contest shall be selected by an independent judge appointed by the Contest Administrator, from all eligible entries received by October 26, 2012. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Details of the Contest judge shall be made available upon written request. The prize winner will be notified by telephone, email and/or overnight mail on or about November 5, 2012. The selected winner will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification within 72 hours of attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize and, in such case, Sponsor will select randomly an alternate winner from among the remaining eligible entries. The winner may be required to verify address and return within seven (7) days an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release covering eligibility, liability, advertising, publicity and media appearance issues, unless prohibited by law. The prize will not be awarded until all such properly executed and notarized forms are returned.
6. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these official rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and the Contest Administrator, which shall be final in all respects. By participating in this Contest and/or by accepting any prize that they may win, entrants agree to release the Sponsor and Contest Administrator; their parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, units and divisions and advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers; each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees; and each of these companies and individuals' respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Contest and/or acceptance or use of the prize. Entrants authorize the Released Parties to use their name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence and entry materials in programming or promotional material, worldwide in perpetuity, or on a winner's list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor's sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Contest; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest, and reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control, corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Contest. Sponsor may prohibit you from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, they determine you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other players or Sponsor representatives. This Contest will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within the State of Florida. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
8. SPONSORS/CO-SPONSORS: Square Enix Limited, Wimbledon Bridge House, 1 Hartfield Road, London, SW193RU, United Kingdom
9. PRIZE WINNER LIST: For the list of prize winners, available after November 5, 2012, or a copy of these official rules, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: ““Hitman/AMD “Serious Gamer” Contest” Contest List and/or Rule Request c/o Legal Department, 1300 Seaport Blvd., Suite 200, Redwood City, CA 94063, (VT residents may omit return postage).