!IMPORTANT! Make sure you read the "how to enter" section further on in this thread about how to submit your entry!
It's competition time again!
Originally, we had an EPIC comp planned for this month. It is one which we have been secretly discussing behind the scenes for a couple of months now. We planned to make it go live on March 1st, but we still need some more time to get all the details sorted, as it is really a HUGE deal (and so is the grand prize ).
So this month we're having a simple, easy and widely open comp with a couple of modest prizes. We thought; spring is around the corner and Easter is coming up, so why not have some Easter Fun!
The instructions are simple: create *something* related to Easter. And that's it! Easy peasy! No, it doesn't even need to have a TR, Lara, or other Eidos game tie-in this time! (although it would still be nice )
Your creation doesn't even need to have been created especially for this comp. If you already made something Easter related before, you may enter with it! The only condition of course is that it has to be your creation. For example, you're free to photoshop any official TR image, but if you want to edit someone else's fan art, you need to get their explicit permission first!
You can also enter with things you made in real life, such as nice originally coloured Easter egg, or a little chick out of felt paper. Just snap a pic of it And YouTube video entries are welcome, too!
How to enter:
As I mentioned earlier, we are preparing an EPIC
comp for next month and it will have truly awesome prizes. So this month, we'll have a couple of modest - but still nice to win - prizes up for grabs.
$50 USD shopping spree at thinkgeek.com*
$20 USD Shopping spree at thinkgeek.com*
* You may pick as many items as you want up to $50 for first prize, and $20 for second prize. The item(s) will be delivered to you absolutely for free; Crystal Dynamics will take care of the shipping costs, as well! Thinkgeek.com ships worldwide.
STEP 1How do I win?
- Upload your picture to http://driber.net/os/userpics/up
. If your pic is already on the internet, do this step anyway. (Why? Info here.)
- Post the generated code from that upload script in this forum thread. DO NOT forget to do this step!
If you just upload your pic to my server, we will not know who you are and we will not be able to contact you if you win!
There will be 2 winners this time:
First Prize Winner
- The best entry as voted by a panel of judges.
Second Prize Winner
- Any of the valid entries has a chance of winning, as we will determine second prize winner by random draw (using random.org
). This is to encourage participation by those who may not be artistically inclined.
The usual obligatory jury FYI: The official jury will consist of Eidos Forums staff members and/or Square Enix employees and/or forum members. The exact method of voting will be known once the comp is closed for entries. If we receive a high number of entries, we may do 2 voting rounds - 1st round public voting and 2nd round voting by forum officials. The (forum) names of the jury members and their votes will be publicly available once the winners have been announced. If we do public voting by members, then it will be available only to members who have reached Gamer status.
- Maximum 5 entries per person/household.
- You are allowed to enter with something you created prior to this comp.
- Keep your entry clean, in good taste and in accordance with our forum TOU.
- The deadline for submitting entries is Friday, 23 March 2012, 12:00 CET
- We reserve the right to extend the deadline; for example if we receive a low number of entries.
- In the event of a tie, the person who posted first wins.
- Contestants can only win 1 prize; not a combination of for example 1st prize and 3rd prize.
- No refunds if thinkgeek.com orders fall short of $50 or $20.
- Thinkgeek.com orders are subject to approval in case of local shipping restrictions for your country.
- In the event of suspected fraud, winners are responsible for proofing ownership of their entry in order to claim their prize.
- Any entry which the forum staff deems inappropriate or not complying with the rules, will not qualify and will be removed from this thread.
- Winners will be notified via PM and email. Winners must respond with their postal address within 2 weeks of being notified or else their prize may go to someone else.
- Judges decisions are final.
Good luck, everyone!
=== Forum comp history ===
APR 2010: Forum Easter egg hunt
JUL 2011: Want some cool Tomb Raider goodies? It's competition time!
AUG 2011: Competition time - Photoshop caption fun. Win an exclusive poster and GI mag!
NOV 2011: Got wood? It's forum competition numero tres. Prizes include hot Nerd Machine merch!
DEC 2011: ho, ho, ho! Forum comp #4 - Create a Christmas season sig
FEB 2012: Feel the love... it's forum comp #5 - Create your own V-Day card
Previous comp winners and their prizes:
1. Winners will be notified within 52 days of closing date by e-mail or Private Message on http://forums.eidosgames.com/. 2. A list of winners, including names and country, will be available within 6 weeks of competition closing. These can be obtained by sending a Stamped Addressed Envelope to the Promoter (see 9 below). 3. Square Enix Europe accept no responsibility for entries/prizes lost or distorted in transmission. 4. There is no cash alternative to the prizes. 5. Square Enix Europe reserves the right to substitute prizes with others of at least equivalent value. 6. Competition not open to employees of Square Enix Europe, their agents and suppliers. 7. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to. 8. No purchase necessary. 9. The competition promoter is Square Enix Europe, Wimbledon Bridge House, 1 Hartfield Road, Wimbledon, London, SW19 3RU.