Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Exclusive dev Q&A session #1 - December 2011 [ended]

About how much of the script has been performed and recorded by the actual Voice Actors? At what stage is performance capture in as of right now?

(probably a touchy one but what the hell) Can we expect to see a variety of enemies? or will it be exclusive to the islanders and animals? (ie no more mythological creatures?) and/or boss battles?
    Last edited by LaraRocks2; 12-30-2011 at 10:59 PM.
    signature image
    https://twitter.com/damiandee1230

Quote Originally Posted by LaraRocks2 View Post
    Can we expect to see a wide variety of antagonists? Or will it be mainly wolves and islanders? (Ie. No mythical creatures like past games?) and boss battles?

Will there be multiple characters that aid Ms. Croft throughout her journey, or just Mr. Roth and a few shipwreck survivers?

and one final question- HOW MUCH LONGERRRR till the release? :P
    Just so you know, the game is set to release Fall 2012, late 2012 i believe
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlade View Post
    Just so you know, the game is set to release Fall 2012, late 2012 i believe
    i know, i meant an exact date :P

while i'm posting however too keep relevant;

The inclusion of a free aim weapons system, does this include improved melee combat as well? (fist to fist fighting)
    signature image

I have no questions , i just want more informations

MaxRaider , Icetea : It's not Lara without them
    signature image

i know, i meant an exact date :P

while i'm posting however too keep relevant;

The inclusion of a free aim weapons system, does this include improved melee combat as well? (fist to fist fighting)
    That's not very sensible is it? You have to understand that game developers do not know when the game will be completed, they have to complete things within deadlines so they finally complete it at a set date. At this stage, it's way too early to predict the date for the final release, as it gets closer they will reveal a month which is what normally happens then the date. Keep in mind that there's always a possibility of it arriving earlier or being delayed. But it's unlikely since Crystal have never had this problem.
    signature image

That's not very sensible is it? You have to understand that game developers do not know when the game will be completed, they have to complete things within deadlines so they finally complete it at a set date. At this stage, it's way too early to predict the date for the final release, as it gets closer they will reveal a month which is what normally happens then the date. Keep in mind that there's always a possibility of it arriving earlier or being delayed. But it's unlikely since Crystal have never had this problem.
    it was meant as a joke i know how it works usually a game dev knows when the games release is... look at a movie production. resident evil retribution knew it's exact release date because the deadline ended on it so if CD has a deadline then they must already have a set date in mind. but don't read too much into my question. it was more as a joke than anything serious
    signature image

How long does this take just curious? Might ask someone myself. it's worth a try anyway.
    signature image

About how much of the script has been performed and recorded by the actual Voice Actors? At what stage is performance capture in as of right now?

(probably a touchy one but what the hell) Can we expect to see a variety of enemies? or will it be exclusive to the islanders and animals? (ie no more mythological creatures?) and/or boss battles?
    me, same question about the boss\creatures and one more..

is there any news about its trophy\achievements support?

please tell cd to add many gold trophies and easy ones like the previous games..
    Denis: There is something I don't entirely trust about this guy..
    John: Just because he just killed a girl in front of us..?

How long does this take just curious? Might ask someone myself. it's worth a try anyway.
    If you mean this Q&A session, it will conclude in about 1 week from now, and the 5 picked questions will be answered before the end of this month

So tell your friends to get their questions in before the deadline runs out!

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagonô | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    If you mean this Q&A session, it will conclude in about 1 week from now, and the 5 picked questions will be answered before the end of this month

So tell your friends to get their questions in before the deadline runs out!
    No comment. Err.. Hmm. 5 picked questions out of the bunch asked I am dying to ask boat loads of questions on this game. Congrats on those who will be picked
    signature image

I am dying to ask boat loads of questions on this game
    We'll hold another Q&A session next month, the month after that, and the month after that, etc.

If your questions haven't been picked this time around, don't fret it, you can always try again next time

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagonô | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Oh I see I'm not too late

---

1. Are Lara's parents dead in this new biography (as in past versions), or still alive when she gets back from her survival experience? And what impact does their presence (or lack of) have in her life this time around?

2. Now that Lara is so much more humanized (bravo on that direction of character development) what's the potential to see her get involved in any relationships?
    Last edited by adobeARTIST; 01-09-2012 at 08:31 AM.
    signature image

1-On Gameplay that was presented at E3, Lara's hair was a bit dry and looking bad, it will be adjusted and will remain so?
    2-What Kind of Lara will face enemies, animals and supernatural creatures Possible?

If your questions haven't been picked this time around, don't fret it, you can always try again next time
    Will the questions not chosen this month be up for selection again next month or will it all start again? Think everyone has done brill in coming up with good questions covering a vast range of topics.

^ Questions which are not picked out this month, can be asked again next month, and who knows, maybe the second time around some that were not picked now will be picked the next time

I can't say exactly how Meagan will make her selection, but I guess it's not an unthinkable scenario where she finds 6 great Q's which the dev team are able to answer, but that they'll have to skip on the 6th one due to the pre-determined limit of 5 per month, and if that 6th will then be asked again during the next session, they might remember that one and decide to give it priority over the other ones in the next session.

Again, I'm just portraying a possible scenario here. How exactly the selections will be made is entirely up to Meagan and the dev team

Again, I'm just portraying a possible scenario here. How exactly the selections will be made is entirely up to Meagan and the dev team
    I see I need to start boning up on my Jedi mind tricks
    signature image

huh huh, boning

Ahem, excuse me for the OT. Will soon clean the thread

^ I laughed so hard! XD
    Raiding tombs since 2007. deviantART tumblr | N7
    signature image

Oh my, this session has almost come to an end and I almost forgot to chime in my own 2 questions

1) Platform Exclusive Downloadable Content (PEDLC) has been a controversial issue in the past and recent forum polls/discussions have shown that the far majority would hate to see it happen again. Is there still a chance there will be more PEDLC or can we be reassured that it will not happen with TR9?

2) IO just announced that the new Hitman is going to have a "purist mode", where all helper icons, instinct mode (aka survival mode for TR) and other visual hints will be disabled. Can we also expect a similar "hardcore mode" in TR9, to cater to the more experienced players?

BTW, I can't believe no one asked these yet! These issues have been discussed so often on the forum and the latter even has the #1 spot in the official wishlist

Great job on posting all those short and sweet questions, everyone

Just a few hours left and then this first Q&A session is closed for questions. Meagan will then be picking the top 5 ones and have one of the devs (or herself / Karl) answer them!

The session has ended and Meagan has made her pick. The answers will soon be posted here!

Thanks for the great questions, everyone. Below are the answers to the picked questions!

stevo505 asks: Will we ever see some behind the scenes content, such as motion-capture and voice-recording sessions?

Yes, we intend to show lots of behind the scenes content, but are working to ensure that it isnít delivered in the same old vein as developer diaries. Weíre going to do something very special in not-so-distant future, although I donít want to give it away right now.

aragorn2 asks: The game will have any stealth system or it will be more action style?

Weíre working very hard to ensure our combat system has a variety of different play paths and play styles. Melee, ranged, and stealth interactions all play a huge part in this world. Weíre looking forward to showing you our combat system around E3, when weíll be unveiling it.

LaraRocks2 asks: Can we expect to see a variety of enemies? or will it be exclusive to the islanders and animals? (ie no more mythological creatures?) and/or boss battles?

I donít want to keep giving away spoilers. There is obviously an element of mystery to the island that you have to play to properly experience. I can say that there are plenty of people on the island, and lots of diversity in your encounters. I look forward to fans seeing the bow in action, and to hunting. Thatís what you do on an island, right? Hunt.

adobeARTIST asks: Now that Lara is so much more humanized (bravo on that direction of character development) what's the potential to see her get involved in any relationships?

Iíve read and fed into the script now on many, many occasions, and I can tell you that there is no love interest in this game. She is trying to survive. She is busy. Surviving the situation is all she can cope with right now; surviving a relationship would be a bit tough. In one of the next releases we could possibly see this more human Lara meet someone, but that is way over the horizon.

Foundered asks: All the past games have had Lara search for an artifact. Will the goal of the game be an artifact, or survival?

Lara has landed on an island that is shrouded in mystery, so obviously we want her to uncover that mystery. First and foremost she has to survive. There is a core discovery to be made, and that core discovery will unlock the mystery of the entire island and answer a lot of questions for you. There are items and artifacts that you have to pick up and find around the island, but everything points to this big discovery.

larafan-25 asks: Will the axe interact with fixed climbing points, or will we be able to free climb with it?

We have a very wide range of fixed points, guaranteeing youíll have freedom of movement. There are limitations, however, like not being able to jump off the side of a cliff and hook onto the side at random to free climb. The real world doesnít work like that. Like real life you canít just walk up to a cliff and assume you can climb it. It may be too steep, or too rocky, or jagged. But then there will be other areas perfect for climbing. It will feel organic and natural. The path wonít be screaming at you.

PS. Meagan accidentally picked 6 questions instead of 5, so you guys get a bonus one for this first Q&A session
    Last edited by Driber; 01-24-2012 at 11:39 PM. Reason: little edit on author's request

6 answers, woohoo, we beat the system Damn, I'm excited
    signature image

Congrats to stevo505, aragorn2, LaraRocks2, adobeARTIST, Foundered and larafan-25 for asking the best questions and having them picked

Until next month!

Awesome!!!! I'm particularly excited about the confirmation that we'll have different styles of combat, including melee and stealth!

Thanks Karl for taking the time to answer our questions!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post
    I'm particularly excited about the confirmation that we'll have different styles of combat, including melee and stealth!
    Me too ^^
    signature image

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast