Eidos Forums  

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Batman: Arkham Asylum > Batman: Arkham Asylum PC Discussion

Notices

Old 10-22-2011, 12:54 PM

Default BmGame has stopped working

If anybody from EIDOS even bothers looking at these anymore, I'd greatly appreciate a response. I just bought this game through Steam yesterday. As soon as I try to launch the game, I get the "BmGame has stopped working" error message, and the game crashes. I have tried every single fix I can find. I've uninstalled and reinstalled all drivers. I reinstalled Windows Live service, I have no virtual drive programs running, I installed/copied every patch I could find, I've tried going directly into the binaries folder and launching the app directly from there. None of it has fixed the problem. I even went so far as to download a torrent and run it with a crack. I've already bought the game, so I don't want to hear any BS about how I did something illegal. Even the cracked game will at least let me watch the opening cut scene, but as soon as it ends, the game instantly crashes with the same error.

My hardware is more than capable of running the game. I ran dxdiag, but there's no sense in even posting it because its completely clear. No issues found.

If anybody out there knows how to get this game working, please share your knowledge. Otherwise I'd really like my money back, Eidos for this piece of garbage. You clearly don't care about your fans and customers. You can be sure I'll never purchase another Eidos game again.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:31 PM

I am having a similar issue. I recently bought the game off steam. I can launch the game and see all the developer/publisher stuff. I get into the start of the game where it says click to play. When i click it i get the same error message "BmGame has stopped working". After that i get

General protection fault!

.... (filename not found) [in c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\batman arkham asylum goty\Binaries\ShippingPC-BmGame.exe]

Edit: Ok even tho the first thing i did was to verify the game cache on steam, i did it again and it redownloaded something and fixed the problem! Although now its just crashing like the screen goes kind of fuzzy and just locks up. Cant do anything just end up having to hard restart my comp. This happened with the demo aswell. Don't want to hijack the thread but if any1 knows how to fix this please let me know

Last edited by Axesis; 10-23-2011 at 01:36 AM.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:16 PM
New Player

Unhappy

Same issue. Haven't played in a couple months and this came out of no where. SS: here

Last edited by ripvanwinkle; 10-23-2011 at 12:41 PM.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:39 PM
New Player

I fixed my issue. I believe this was occuring because I had disabled all the items I didn't recognize in my MSCONFIG. I suppose I disabled a DRM or the Microsoft Live client. In any case I enabled them all and it works now.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:50 AM
New Player

What is MSCONFIG and DRM...Please help me i really like this game
Old 01-25-2013, 10:16 PM
New Player

Install Games for Windows Live from Microsoft

Next, get EMET from here and turn off SEHOP and set ASLR and DEP to Opt In.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:17 PM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ir0bot View Post
Even the cracked game will at least let me watch the opening cut scene, but as soon as it ends, the game instantly crashes with the same error.
game again.
Go get EMET from Microsoft. Turn off DEP, ASLR and SEHOP. Then try with the DRM'ed non-cracked version. SecuROM hates exploit mitigations.