Thread: Screen Res to small

Default Screen Res to small

I'm using a laptop and when the game comes up (I'm running it off steam) it comes up in full screen but, its very small. HOW DO I FIX IT!??!

Quote Originally Posted by codenamerem View Post
    I'm using a laptop and when the game comes up (I'm running it off steam) it comes up in full screen but, its very small. HOW DO I FIX IT!??!
    What game are you playing?
    And is it a Steam version or not (as what you said could imply that you play it offline on Steam or it is not a Steam version).

And the problem is that it is full screen, but the game itself is in a smaller box with black edges? If it is so, is the playing part of the screen proportional to the entire screen you have or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Nzap View Post
    What game are you playing?
    And is it a Steam version or not (as what you said could imply that you play it offline on Steam or it is not a Steam version).

And the problem is that it is full screen, but the game itself is in a smaller box with black edges? If it is so, is the playing part of the screen proportional to the entire screen you have or not?
    Yes its Steam. It is fullscreen but it has black edges around it

Quote Originally Posted by codenamerem View Post
    Yes its Steam. It is fullscreen but it has black edges around it
    Still, do you play Commandos 1, 2, 3, Strike Force?

Anyways, try to adjust the resolution. I have had a problem when I have chosen a resolution that is too big for the screen. You could also try playing it with a different resolution to try.
    Have you installed the latest patches (I know it's Steam so it should do it automatically) and the latest graphic card drivers.
    Are you experiencing similar problems with other games/programs?
    You could also look at the Graphic Card options. I don't really know how it works so I can't help more with that, but I have read that there have been people with problems which are solved that way.

I have no idea which game you are playing, but some games have had compability issues with the newer versions of Windows, so it might be that too.
    Also check in the properties of the game that it should run it in fullscreen.

yeah not really sure how to change the resolution.. that was kinda the whole point of this thread is how to change it lol.