Eidos Forums  

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Deus Ex: Human Revolution > DX:HR Technical Forum

Notices

Old 09-22-2011, 02:59 PM
Inside Man
Eidos Official

Default [PC PATCH] 23rd September 2011 - Build 633

Unfortunately the recently released patch had a negative impact for some players. This patch is a hot-fix to address those issues.

- A specific issue that caused performance degradation for some DX9 players in the 1.2.630 patch has been fixed.
o We are still evaluating further measures to counter stuttering and plan to have a further update for this in another patch.
- Crashes when examining quest items have been fixed.
- Some issues related to switching between fullscreen and windowed mode have been fixed.
- Additional fixes have been made for the TYM medical card. The current fix should also allow users that already have the problem in their savegame to pick up the card again.
- ‘Russian’ text language option now shows up correctly regardless of current text language.
- An issue that may cause the game to have stability issues on certain RAID setups may have been addressed. Even with this patch, if you have a RAID setup, please ensure you have the latest drivers for your controller.

In addition to stuttering and performance problems we are continuing to investigate any other issues that players may have and will release a full new patch soon that also includes the previously mentioned 3DVision and Surround support.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:06 PM
New Player

Another patch, and still no fix for our chapter 12 savegame problem, nor so much as a mention.
Awesome. A month without progress on my game. Love it.

Problem illustrated here: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=120316
Old 09-22-2011, 03:29 PM
Gamer

game still unplayable, stand by for future patches.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:36 PM
Inside Man
Eidos Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidino View Post
game still unplayable, stand by for future patches.
Saying unplayable doesnt tell us exactly what your actual problem is..

you have a dual core pc, running a entry-mid level HD3600 (if i remember right) with 2GB ram on XP (so cant do DX11). What are your graphic settings set to? are you getting 10-20FPS with detail turned right up but you `expect` you should get 50 and less then this is `unplayable` etc? please can you give as MUCH detail as possible to explain what `unplayable` means to you?

thanks
Old 09-22-2011, 04:35 PM
New Player

And the stuttering is back after it was removed for me in the "stutter" patch. That's it I'm throwing in the towel folks.

Specs:

E6750 DC2D @ 3.3 GHz
nvidia 560 Ti
4GB RAM
Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 09-22-2011, 07:02 PM
New Player

DE: HR is still unplayable on my system. There's a crash to desktop on loading the main menu. In the menu, moving the mouse, or doing anything causes an immediate crash to desktop with no error log appearing.

Intel Core2 Quad CPU @ 2.4 Ghz
3GB RAM
Vid card: nVidia 9800 GT

Please, please help me out Eidos/Nixxes devs and QA's, or look into this for future patch. Bought this game hoping for a great, memorable experience (of course after the original masterpiece), am a big fan of Deus Ex and had been looking forward to playing this game for a couple years.

Ironically, it's the only game I've bought on this PC that I can't play upon installing... Please just help me have a good game experience with DE:HR. It's getting frustrating not being able to play the game at this point.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:10 PM
Permanent Vacation

3 pc patches now and still none for consoles? what is going on here? its a conspiracy
Old 09-22-2011, 07:31 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyme junkie View Post
3 pc patches now and still none for consoles? what is going on here? its a conspiracy
It can take a couple of weeks to a month AFAIK for a patch submitted to MS/Sony to pass certification therefore they can't afford to make small frequent patches like on the PC, so you'll have to wait for a big one that includes a lot of fixes.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:11 PM
Gamer

I'm still seeing very inconsistent performance with DX9. DX11 is not perfect but pretty decent, as it was after the last patch. And also, please fix this: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=121269
Old 09-22-2011, 09:13 PM
Gamer

Whatever the last patch did to my game seems to be somewhat better now.

However, I'm getting a new anomaly.

Micro-stutters.

Micro-stutters seems a very new phenomena.

Essentially, there is no frame-rate drop, nor are there any significant stutters. Rather, there are lots of micro-stutters.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:14 PM
Gamer

There is definitely a problem with heavy microsttuter since this last patch or "hotfix" O_o. The last patch worked wonderful for me, i cant play it again righ now in that condition XD.

Seriously Eidos i dont want to be negative but this is getting really stupid. Basically the sttuter has return for me after only playing the game for a few hours...
Old 09-22-2011, 10:56 PM
New Player

A patch for a patch...I lol'd
Old 09-22-2011, 11:01 PM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtHudson View Post
A patch for a patch...I lol'd
Very frequent for PC games, actually.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:45 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycw2309 View Post
Saying unplayable doesnt tell us exactly what your actual problem is..

you have a dual core pc, running a entry-mid level HD3600 (if i remember right) with 2GB ram on XP (so cant do DX11). What are your graphic settings set to? are you getting 10-20FPS with detail turned right up but you `expect` you should get 50 and less then this is `unplayable` etc? please can you give as MUCH detail as possible to explain what `unplayable` means to you?

thanks
Yep dual core, hd 3600 (latest drivers), 2gb ram, xp and of cours DX9
graphic settings before and after patch....

antialiasing - no
shadows - no
dept of field - normal
SSAO - no
post processing - on
texture filter - bilinear
v-sync - on
triple buffering - no

before the game runs even 40-45 fps in many areas, like the helipad

after patch the frame is very bad, MICRO stuttering in every movement of the mouse, low framerate,and yes you can play the game but it'is an infinite torture.

I understand that my ati hd3600 is very old, but before the patch the game was very smooth.

Even in the elevators, or small areas with no npc or enemy, the game lost some frames...strange uh?

Good work for the future patches and thanks.

Last edited by Solidino; 09-22-2011 at 11:57 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:00 AM
Developer Representative
Eidos Official

Solidino:

If you believe you where seeing much better performance before the patch, can you confirm that you have patch 633 right now. If that does not resolve the problem, and you are comfortable editing the registry. Change the 'DontDeferShaderCreation' option in the DX:HR registry to 0. Does that change anything? It is expected for this to increase in-game stutter a lot, but it would be interesting to try to see if it gets your framerate back up to where it was.

PvtHudson:

Patch 633 includes a change that was made based on your crashdumps to tentatively fix some RAID issues. It would be interesting to hear if you still have your crashing problems, and if you do, to see some new minidumps.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:16 AM
New Player

Omg, you better kill QA team members, all speach about testing is nonsence. The evil in DX9 is multithreading init of d3d9 api (guess you have no idea that it's slower than singlethreaded mode) and crazy amount of shaders which not all videocard drivers can handle. Performance issues mostly because of incorrect multithreading, as it was with Silent Hill Homecoming game. Well, thanks anyway for patches.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:24 AM
Gamer

Nice to see another patch. Will test it this weekend.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:24 AM
Gamer

yes nixxes of course i've patch 633 on my PC. ^___^

the framerate seems identical after change that line in the registry, for example i take some shot with fraps

http://i.imgur.com/CR9ij.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Ct4G2.jpg

before the patches my fps was 46 and 36, 10 fps additonal.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:59 AM
New Player

Dear Eidos, Nixxes, etc... I am sorry to say this but you are hitting out blindly. One month after release and the stutter problems arent already solved. All the testing you are doing with people here should have been done months ago prior to release.

At least you now seem to approach these issues with a much more humble attitude than one month ago when the people were reporting problems. Hope this teaches you something.

Last edited by Alf1980; 09-23-2011 at 03:50 AM.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:00 AM
New Player

I'm still seeing the freeze at startup just after the Nixxies logo. I can get around this by setting the CPU Affinity for the game to 1 of my 4 cores, then after the main menu has loaded I can tab back out of the game and switch it back to using all cores successfully. Definitely seems like you guys are having a multithreading problem as ENBSeries points out.

I am also seeing slightly decreased performance in this update by the way, not massively different, but definitely a decrease, especially in areas with large numbers of blooms and other shader effects.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:07 AM
Gamer

Alf1980 the old times of betatesting games are over, now SH using internet to fix issues in "real time" speaking with the fans. The games on the shelfs are incomplete, they need DLC to complete the story, some times (always?) this DLC are cut from beginning to make more moneys....

i've quit buying games on D1 (except few games) like in the past, i buy directly goty edition already patched and full of DLC.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:26 AM
New Player

Default Sound delay

And of course still no fix for the sound delay bug.
Seems like eidos doesn't acknowledges that the problem even exists.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:37 AM

Just bought this game yesterday and I have to say. Why in gods name does EIDOS think I'm paying to be a freaking beta tester. When you release a game, you better fraging make sure its ready for realease instead of putting games on the market that does not work.

I can play 10-15 min and then I have to reboot my maching. I don't think I got a slow maching Intel core i7 CPU 920@2.67 GHz with 6GB ram and a GTX560 Ti Graphic card and with the latest drivers. I for a changed told myself to wait a few weeks before I buy this one to be sure the worst bugs have been removed, but man I was wrong.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:55 AM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixxes View Post
PvtHudson:

Patch 633 includes a change that was made based on your crashdumps to tentatively fix some RAID issues. It would be interesting to hear if you still have your crashing problems, and if you do, to see some new minidumps.
Really happy to see the crashdumps helped. I am happy to report no crashes since patch. I've switched to Dx11 so I'm not seeing the stutter either. If I do get another crash will send updated crashdumps.

Thanks guys. Really do appreciate this work, and it restores a lot of lost faith.

I know the programmers have nothing to do with release dates, scheduling etc. So I don't blame you for the problems. But yeh obviously your superiors dropped the ball.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:55 AM
Gamer

Yay, the SSAO-killing-framerates-near-walls issue the last patch introduced has been fixed!