Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [PC MOD] Difficulty level mod

Arrow [PC MOD] Difficulty level mod

Deus Ex Human Revolution Hard difficulty mod

Description:
    Mod is made to complement Deus Ex HR hard difficulty level (Give me deusex), but it can be used on any difficulty.

Installation:
    Copy patch0.000 from archive to your game installation folder and replace existing file (dont forget to make a backup).

Compatibility:
    Mod compatible with game version 1.2.633.0 and any older.
    Compatible with Burger mod v1.2.630.0 (also known as Debug menu+map selector mod) and above
    Not compatible with existing savegames (well, technically yes, but due Aug cost and weapon stat changes it become useless)

Changelog:--------------------

-Augmentation cost increased - see screenshot for details

-Inventory item stack slightly ingreased - see screenshot for details
    Item size decreased (Energy jar, heavy rifle ammobox, special upgrade box) - see screenshot for details

-Weapon stats rebalanced - see screenshot for details

-Radar detection range - see Range comparison screenshot
    Radar level 1 - range decreased from 25m to ~6-8m.
    Radar level 2 - range decreased from 50m to 25m. Icons size increased (now it same as Radar lvl1).

Download mod v1.00

Changes in v1.01--------------------
    -Augmentation minor correction: screenshot
    Capture lvl3 cost decreased by 1 (now 2).
    Jump enhancement cost returned to vanilla (2).

-Increased LIMB clinic and weapon merchants item stock. Slightly increased price. Screenshot

-Repainted texture of "Cracked wall"(Weak destructible wall) for best recognition when Items Highlights option is off. Screenshot-1 Screenshot-2

Mod fully compatible with previous version. Starting new game is NOT necessary Just extract and replace previous file.

Download mod v1.01
    Last edited by satan claus; 09-28-2011 at 02:37 AM.

Cool stuff.

Personally I'd reduce the aug cost a bit again (to something between vanilla and your mod), but great work!
    Especially considering what limited tools we have right now.

Strangely I spent much less time looking at radar in vanilla when it was upgraded to 50m, since icons get shrinked and it's hard to tell enemies' direction or movement when they are so small and cluttered together. Maybe you should keep the long range but disable the automatic detection?

Default Other mechanics

I would like a change with health and energy...
    ----
    All Energy Cells regenerate fully beyond the first, regeneration rate remains the same.
    Link sprinting with energy consumption to a degree.
    Energy Bars no longer re-fill Energy Cells.

Health DOES NOT regenerate above 25%~30%.
    In order to max health to 100% and beyond you need to consume 'protein' bars / food / drink or visit a Limb clinic.
    ----

Would it be possible to do this? I think we'd need an SDK or a better tools first though. ><

Quote Originally Posted by gyron View Post
    Maybe you should keep the long range but disable the automatic detection?
    What kind of detection you mean?
    Size of icons work as radar screen zooming (except Radar lvl1). So if you keep it small you can see far away.
    When you increase size of icons your detection range still the same but all things become zoomed in.
    If find a way to increase size of radar border it solve stated problem
    Last edited by satan claus; 09-22-2011 at 10:42 AM.

- All Energy Cells regenerate fully beyond the first, regeneration rate remains the same.
    may be possible, more tests can prove possible or not

- Link sprinting with energy consumption to a degree.
    not possible without sdk imo

- Energy Bars no longer re-fill Energy Cells.
    may be possible

-Health DOES NOT regenerate above 25%~30%.
    may be possible, more tests can prove possible or not

-In order to max health to 100% and beyond you need to consume 'protein' bars / food / drink.
    may be possible

Quote Originally Posted by satan claus View Post
    What kind of detection you mean?
    You need to see enemies first for them to appear on a radar. Once you upgrade it in vanilla everything in 50m radius just automatically appears on it, whenever you see them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by gyron View Post
    You need to see enemies first for them to appear on a radar. Once you upgrade it in vanilla everything in 50m radius just automatically appears on it, whenever you see them or not.
    Ah well thought its scripted somewhere, without sdk very hard even impossible to find

How about taking out regeneration completely? I mean energy and health. Make it so we have to find/buy Medpacks and energy cells like in DX1. You should even disable radar.

Also, I think the ammunition size was spot on, you didn't need to enlarge the stack. Grenades and mines should all stack 4. Weapons should take up their normal sizes, except for a few over-sized ones like taser(folds up, 2 blocks) and pistol (4 blocks, silenced 6) . . .

Everything else looks good. I'm gonna try it out right now.

However, can you make it so that the gun you start with is a regular pistol? And the people you fight in the first level also carry pistols?

-I mean energy and health. Make it so we have to find/buy Medpacks and energy cells like in DX1.
    well, if you disable regen both health and energy then you face a problem - medkit placement across whole game.
    Even if you able regain health from energy bars their quantity and ingame placement different then medkit distribution must be. Its all about level design and item placement.

-You should even disable radar.
    Disabling a Radar is no brainer and very easy.

-Also, I think the ammunition size was spot on, you didn't need to enlarge the stack.
    Stack slightly increased only due to lack of some kind player stash or permanent and accessible any time HQ. Period

-taser(folds up, 2 blocks) and pistol (4 blocks, silenced 6)
    Taser from my point of view balanced enought, pistol impossible without sdk

-you start with is a regular pistol? And the people you fight in the first level also carry pistols?
    Lol thought already about same thing. But not find yet how to do it (Already try to attach laser sight to enemy SMG).

What about keeping radar, but making it inactive in the beginning? So you'd have to spend like 2 praxis points to unlock it? Is that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by USER47 View Post
    What about keeping radar, but making it inactive in the beginning? So you'd have to spend like 2 praxis points to unlock it? Is that possible?
    Ok, you start with disabled Radar lvl1, then spend 2 praxis on it, then buy Radar lvl2 which shrinked and almost useless (radar 0m \ radar lvl1 25m \ radar lvl2 50m but useless)
    or begin with short ranged 8m radar and upgrade for 2 praxis to lvl2 25m (radar lvl1 8m \ radar lvl2 25m).
    It looks like no real difference for me, but i think its possible.

-I mean energy and health. Make it so we have to find/buy Medpacks and energy cells like in DX1.
    >well, if you disable regen both health and energy then you face a problem - medkit placement across whole game.
    >Even if you able regain health from energy bars their quantity and ingame placement different then medkit distribution must be. Its all about level design and item placement.
    >>Then we can go out and buy them from LIMB clinics, before the mission. If you don't have enough it'll be your own fault.

-You should even disable radar.
    >Disabling a Radar is no brainer and very easy.
    >>Awesome! Please make it the way USER suggested.

-Also, I think the ammunition size was spot on, you didn't need to enlarge the stack.
    >Stack slightly increased only due to lack of some kind player stash or permanent and accessible any time HQ. Period
    >>Is there any way to create a storage unit inside the hidden compartment in the apartment? (lol)... or, make it so that BEE acts as a storage unit for your items. That would be useful.

-taser(folds up, 2 blocks) and pistol (4 blocks, silenced 6)
    >Taser from my point of view balanced enought, pistol impossible without sdk
    >>I know it's balanced, but it's made to be portable and that should reflect on the space it takes up in the inventory.

-you start with is a regular pistol? And the people you fight in the first level also carry pistols?
    >Lol thought already about same thing. But not find yet how to do it (Already try to attach laser sight to enemy SMG).
    >>First level is awkward. No inventory, no body search, no weapons besides assault rifle(hence why I ask to change all to pistol, not just Jensen's gun). Maybe we should just stay away from that level... haha

Quote Originally Posted by drunkrussian9 View Post
    [b]
    Then we can go out and buy them from LIMB clinics, before the mission. If you don't have enough it'll be your own fault.
    No. Again - its all about level design.Shops dont replenish stock and because of it all game levels need to be manually filled with medkits.
    [b]>>Awesome! Please make it the way USER suggested.
    Some misunderstood here. I mean - radar can be easily turned off in my mod
    [b]>>Is there any way to create a storage unit inside the hidden compartment in the apartment? (lol)
    Jensen apartment not always accessible not before each mission and there is a problem (at least for me)
    [b]>>I know it's balanced, but it's made to be portale and that should reflect on the space it takes up in the inventory.
    Tazer size is a smallest problem in the DxHR to do list. imo
    [b]
    >>First level is awkward. No inventory, no body search, no weapons besides assault rifle(hence why I ask to change all to pistol, not just Jensen's gun). Maybe we should just stay away from that level... haha
    Well, thought you speaking about first game level (sarif factory or something) not tutorial mission. Tutorial is ok, just count it like interactive intro

No, I think he's talking about tutorial

@tutorial events you're NOT augmented so it's all right Jensen doesn't have an "inventory" on him
    But it's really short and without readables / access to some secret/hidden/closed areas (or maybe I didn't find them )
    Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody sees - E.S.

Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    No, I think he's talking about tutorial
    But it's really short and without readables / access to some secret/hidden/closed areas (or maybe I didn't find them )
    Some readables in your first location in the Megan office (couch, desk, computer, photos)

No. Again - its all about level design.Shops dont replenish stock and because of it all game levels need to be manually filled with medkits.
    >>They don't need to replenish stock. As long as they have 20 in stock, the entire level is totally doable. I'm not seeing your point. Is it possible to add them to the dealer's lists of items? Also,
    >>another thing, if you take away health regen, make sure you remove the red screen after a certain time . . . it gets annoying.

Some misunderstood here. I mean - radar can be easily turned off in my mod
    >>Well I meant that USER's method would allow you to choose if you wanted it.

Jensen apartment not always accessible not before each mission and there is a problem (at least for me)
    >>Oh okay, how about the BEE-009? It's with you for the majority of the game, and would give you a reason to save flygirl lol.

Tazer size is a smallest problem in the DxHR to do list. imo
    >>It's also easy to do =) isn't it?

Well, thought you speaking about first game level (sarif factory or something) not tutorial mission. Tutorial is ok, just count it like interactive intro
    >> Oh. I suppose so. However all my reasoning applies to the sarif manufacturing plant as well. Pistols 4 all.

I was wondering, would something like augmentation paths be possible? Something like in DX1. In leg augmentations, you choose if you want jump higher, run faster OR walk silently. You can't have all of them, only 1.

Another idea is remove the controlling robots and turrets from the aug menu and make it standard. Doesn't make much sense to me if the computer is unlocked that I only have access to 50% of the control unless I have a certain augmentation. I mean, it's right there in the menu!

@tutorial events you're NOT augmented so it's all right Jensen doesn't have an "inventory" on him
    >>Well where does he get the rifle from then? lol. He still has an inventory(I'd imagine), it's just a lot smaller than standard.
    Last edited by drunkrussian9; 09-22-2011 at 04:45 PM.

good mod. augs cost more= awesome. weapon reblance is good except you nerfed the shotgun when its not amazing to begin with. i do not agree with your inventory changes, a bit OP, but they are better than vanilla. good work.
    now if only i had a pc capable of running dx:hr i would be downloading this
    question- is it possible to add a couple of weapon mods/upgrades into the game, there is some nicely hidden areas where a couple of damage or reload speed mods would go nicely.

Could you make the Box guards more difficult to kill? Say, make them weakened but not hurt by EMP grenades.

Quote Originally Posted by itsonyourhead View Post
    Could you make the Box guards more difficult to kill? Say, make them weakened but not hurt by EMP grenades.
    id say increase ALL enemies health by 50-100% including bosses. would be cool

Quote Originally Posted by Zyme junkie View Post
    good mod. augs cost more= awesome. weapon reblance is good except you nerfed the shotgun when its not amazing to begin with. i do not agree with your inventory changes, a bit OP, but they are better than vanilla. good work.
    now if only i had a pc capable of running dx:hr i would be downloading this
    question- is it possible to add a couple of weapon mods/upgrades into the game, there is some nicely hidden areas where a couple of damage or reload speed mods would go nicely.
    About shotty- when you separate it from other weapon yes it slightly toned down, but when compared with other guns its not (and one awkward thing - shotty bugged atm, useful only for shooting from the hip due to broken ironsight ).
    About regular weapon upgrades - without sdk i see the only one way to do it - increase mods quantity in the shop (and it must become more expensive to keep a balance)

About shotty- when you separate it from other weapon yes it slightly toned down, but when compared with other guns its not (and one awkward thing - shotty bugged atm, useful only for shooting from the hip due to broken ironsight ).
    About regular mods - without sdk i see the only one way to do it - increase mods quantity in the shop (and it must become more expensive to keep a balance)
    keep up the good work!
    yeah i thought the shottys ironsight was a bit odd. still works though, just.

you should make a stealth playthrough mod- making stealth much harder.
    and a shooter playthrough mod- making shooting harder. (Preferably adding more enemies and increasing their health, if you can)

i want a shooter mod

Quote Originally Posted by Zyme junkie View Post
    keep up the good work!
    yeah i thought the shottys ironsight was a bit odd. still works though, just.

you should make a stealth playthrough mod- making stealth much harder.
    and a shooter playthrough mod- making shooting harder. (Preferably adding more enemies and increasing their health, if you can)
    i want a shooter mod
    Shotty ironsight really broken proof
    About stealth and shooting mod - its all about script editing, actor spawning etc, impossible without sdk or at least map editor

Shotty ironsight really broken proof
    About stealth and shooting mod - its all about script editing, actor spawning etc, impossible without sdk or at least map editor
    if they release sdk i will have to get dxhr on pc too.
    i bumped that shotty thread up too.

May I ask how you did this?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast