Eidos Forums  

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Deus Ex: Human Revolution > DX:HR Technical Forum

Notices

Old 09-05-2011, 04:50 AM
New Player

Default (PS3) HUD has Disappeared. SPOILERS.

I've just completed the part where I question Sandoval back in Detroit in his little underground bunker. The moment the interrogation ends, my HUD completely disappears. Not even the aiming cursor appears. The only way I can aim my gun now is through Laser pointer or looking down the barrel sight.
My health meter has gone as well as my map and ammo count.

Eidos, please help me here.

I've reloaded my game, I've restarted my PS3. What do I do? I don't want to start the game again.

Thanks.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:57 AM
New Player

I have it as well on the PS3.

I think the only solution offered so far is to start from a previous saved game that didn't have the bug and hope to god it doesn't kick in again. My previous saved game that didn't have the glitch is straight after the tutorial at the beginning and I'm now in Hengsha so I'm refusing to start again!!!

Eidos have been shocking with their support of this. I've emailed them twice and had no response and they are not answering people on here. A simple sticky with a CONCLUSIVE description of what they're doing is all that is needed. I think the closest we've got to that was "I've passed all these threads onto the devs and they're looking at it". That was about a week ago.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:24 AM
New Player

This is sooo frustrating. I cant even aim with a sniper rifle. I have no previous saves. this sucks.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:21 PM
New Player

I'm glad someone else mentioned it. I've seen the HUD glitch on forums before, but it's almost always relating to the PC version.

I just have to say that both my Auto Saves and my Save Game 1 (I was overwriting my one Save Game again and again) are infected by the bug. So.....I'm doomed

To be more specific, I was in the FEMA Facility in the Highland Park. I was sneaking around in the underground areas (near where you first see that big robot), when I was seen by guards and made them all alert. Deciding to wait out the the alarmed state, I went to take a break and do some stuff on my laptop. So I just hid Adam in a vent, walked away from my dual shock and moved to my computer for a 20-minutes to a half hour. Specifically - according to the map - I'm in level 2 of the Detroit FEMA Detention Center.

When I finally come back to the game, my HUD is gone. I didn't think anything was wrong - I just assumed it happens during periods of inactivity. But then I start hitting buttons; trying to reload, going up against cover, activating cloak - that kinda stuff. Trying to get the HUD to reappear. It doesn't. I even chuck a grenade at myself - an EMP - and hope that does the trick. What's totally NOT COOL, Eidos, is that it still runs the animation for scrambling, and rebooting the components of, your HUD. EVEN THOUGH MY HUD ISN'T THERE! And didn't come back. Frustrated, I finally just ran into guards left and right hoping getting shot up with kick it back in. It didn't.

I hope some more details help you guys out. And I hope you're bustin' your butts on a patch as we speak. Because this is a pretty serious glitch for a game about a cyborg who uses augmented reality to display useful information. I'd attempt to play the game if all the HUD did was tell me ammo and health. But since the radar is so indispensable, and the batteries to show me how many/if I can use stealth takedowns and things like Cloaking, it's pretty difficult to imagine trying to play this thing right now.

So I'm going to be patient for a bit and play some games in my back catalog, like Nier and Just Cause 2, while wait to see if a patch materializes. I hope I'm not waiting too long.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:03 PM
Gamer

I'm pretty sure all the weapons aim at the exact center of the screen. So until they get their act together with a patch, get out a dry erase marker or a dot of tape to mark the spot on the screen so you can aim.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:11 PM
New Player

This is a cross-platform glitch.

It happened to me on my 360 this afternoon.

So it's back in my binder till the patch. :\
Old 09-06-2011, 04:51 AM
Gamer

PC user, had the "no hud" glitch occur on my second play-through, it was a different part of the game but for me I made a new clean save and alternated re-loading my older quick save and the clean save approx 5 (maybe 6) times and the hud magically popped back into existence never to vanish again.

Its not a real fix but if it lets you continue...
Old 09-07-2011, 05:05 AM
New Player

I have the PS3 version, and I have run into the issue being discussed in this thread: upon arriving in Hengsha and exiting the helicopter, my entire HUD had disappeared. At first I didn't miss it, and actually thought it would allowed me to become more immersed in the game; however, when I came to my first large-scale combat scenario, I realized just how important it was to be able to monitor my energy usage.

While this issue seems like it could be addressed with a small patch, I'm still upset--though not surprised--that such a major bug made it into a retail product. I also plan to contact Eidos Montreal's customer support line, and will be making lots of noise regarding this issue until a solution is provided.

I was really enjoying this game, which makes it all the more difficult knowing that I have to shelve it until this issue is resolved.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyMan View Post
I've just completed the part where I question Sandoval back in Detroit in his little underground bunker. The moment the interrogation ends, my HUD completely disappears. Not even the aiming cursor appears. The only way I can aim my gun now is through Laser pointer or looking down the barrel sight.
My health meter has gone as well as my map and ammo count.

Eidos, please help me here.

I've reloaded my game, I've restarted my PS3. What do I do? I don't want to start the game again.

Thanks.
Yesterday I experienced the same problem. I left the Detroit Convention Center, to do a side quest for a police officer. Didn't realise it at first, but my HUB went missing. I won't play the game until the problem is solved ..
I thought it was part of the story line with the Bio Chip change in game.. Too bad it isn't!

Please fix it!!
Old 09-11-2011, 05:35 PM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmagic View Post
PC user, had the "no hud" glitch occur on my second play-through, it was a different part of the game but for me I made a new clean save and alternated re-loading my older quick save and the clean save approx 5 (maybe 6) times and the hud magically popped back into existence never to vanish again.

Its not a real fix but if it lets you continue...
Thanks for the suggestion Badmagic. It sounds like something that should work, but after trying about 10 times total (4 with my spot in the FEMA Facility as my Save Game/Sarif Industries at the beginning of the game as my autosave, and then 6 times with my FEMA Facility location as my Autosave and my Sarif spot as my Save Game 2), I couldn't get it to work.

Looks like I'm waiting for a patch

On the plus side, I just bought Alpha Protocol for, like, $6 on Gamefly (before my "Gamefly dollars" were going to expire). So I'll be diving into another action-shooter-stealth-RPG experience. Admittedly, it's not the same quality I'm sure, but at least I'll have something to tide me over until Eidos/Square patches this baby up.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:23 AM

Default HUD dissapeared

I had the same thing happen to me on my 360, my first playthrough it happened once for about 5mins then the HUD came back, but I'm on my second playthrough and it hasn't been there for most of it, i even turned it off and didn't play for about a week or two to see if it would of gotten patched but it hasn't yet, and sadly, I'm going to return this game if a patch doesnt come soon. It's such a great game, shame to see it being destroyed by one glitch.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:02 AM
Gamer

had this happen (xbox360) once when i first arrived in hengsha. turned the game off in a fit of rage, came back to it a week later (still no patch btw), loaded a previous save and it hasent happened since. did 2 playthroughs without my hud dissappearing. wierd.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:11 AM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh fish 101 View Post
had this happen (xbox360) once when i first arrived in hengsha. turned the game off in a fit of rage, came back to it a week later (still no patch btw), loaded a previous save and it hasent happened since. did 2 playthroughs without my hud dissappearing. wierd.
I tried starting a new game, saving, and then reloading my glitched save. No luck, even after multiple tries.

Love this game, but not enough to just throw away a save that's half way though the story...

Sure would be nice to know if the developers are even paying attention to this.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:31 AM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwRy108 View Post
I tried starting a new game, saving, and then reloading my glitched save. No luck, even after multiple tries.

Love this game, but not enough to just throw away a save that's half way though the story...

Sure would be nice to know if the developers are even paying attention to this.
i think the devs are fully aware of this problem and all the others they just arent communicating a lot to the community what they're doing about it so its kinda hush hush. just curious, is the game installed on the HD?
Old 09-13-2011, 05:15 AM
New Player

Quote:
i think the devs are fully aware of this problem and all the others they just arent communicating a lot to the community what they're doing about it so its kinda hush hush. just curious, is the game installed on the HD?
The PS3 version has a mandatory install process that loads portions of the game on the HDD.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:11 AM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwRy108 View Post
The PS3 version has a mandatory install process that loads portions of the game on the HDD.
oh ya, of course, i didnt think of that :P... i guess im outta suggestions then. im in the same boat as you: patiently waiting for a fix.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:20 AM
New Player

Quote:
oh ya, of course, i didnt think of that :P... i guess im outta suggestions then. im in the same boat as you: patiently waiting for a fix.
I'm waiting; but not patiently. Still no word from the developers about a patch full of fixes...
Old 09-16-2011, 06:37 AM
New Player

Looks like this issue was patched on the PC version: http://www.shacknews.com/article/702...ets-stuttering

...now the consoles need the same type of attention.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:41 AM
New Player

Wow, still no news about a console patch that addresses this issue...