Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Future PC Patches - Updates & General Discussion

Exclamation Future PC Patches - Updates & General Discussion

I would like to assure you all that representatives of Eidos Montreal, Nixxes, as well as Square Enix, are closely monitoring these forums to look for any issues that users are running into and that require attention. Please note however that this is not an official support mechanism, and if you require official support we recommend you contact http://support.eu.square-enix.com/ for Europe or http://support.na.square-enix.com for America.

That said, we would like to give the community on this forum an update on what our near term plans are for further support for Deus Ex: Human Revolution on PC.

As you are probably aware we have already rolled out two patches soon after release to deal with issues we wanted to address as quickly as possible, after we found out that they existed. We are now looking at additional fixes for issues that some players have been experiencing, and on top of that we are also looking at adding some additional features on the PC side that we noticed some players would really like to see.

These additions are more involved as the first patches, and due to this take longer as those initial patches. We need to test them carefully to ensure we do not introduce any new issues.

Unfortunately, at this point we cannot guarantee specific fixes for patches at specific dates. Fixes once released may not always be immediately effective for every single user on every system out there. But rest assured that people at the studio, in cooperation with IHVs, are looking at all issues that come up and are trying to get them resolved for you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

So when are you going to patch out Steam?

Thanks for the heads up. Don't forget to feed the code monkeys.

Great to hear!

Good to hear from you Nixxes. Thanks for the update, I look forward to seeing what you've coming.
    "It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."

I don't have really have anything specific, but I have a couple of issues which may or may not have been reported already.

- Sometimes when I exit the game via the "exit" button on the menu, it will freeze the game and I'll have to Ctrl, Alt, Delete my way out of the game.

- At the begining of the Hengsha construction fight I encountered frequent crashes. I went back to a previous save file and completed the fight again without any issues.
    signature image

I think this simple message is an important one that should perhaps have been released earlier. It's easier to cope with issues like a lot of people have people have been been experiencing if the makers of the game are prompt in their response, but the knowledge that they're being worked on, and that the developers give a crap really does help mitigate the frustration many customers have experienced.

I doubt you'd see this level of frustration if you hadn't made an otherwise amazing game, so don't forget that the general consensus is that you've all done a great job, people just really want to enjoy what you've created.

I honestly think that if your next patch manages fix the stuttering issues a lot of your customers are experiencing this game will be considered a classic in the future, as opposed to the buggy mess many have written it off as.

Regardless of the bugs, I hope that games like this continue to be made, because in the modern gaming climate, it is a rare gem. You guys rock, just please, fix this .

Thats really greats news. Thanks Nixxes. We are getting listened. Thats it want i wanted to hear, I feel a little more assured now.

Will there be a a high res textures pack?
    AMD 965BE@ 4200ghz - 4 GB RAM - RADEON 6990 @950
    WINDOWS 7U 32BIT

Good stuff, that's all we needed to hear.

My fix wishlist for the next patch would be something like this:
    - Stuttering (streaming engine not knowing what the hell it's doing.)
    - Audio Lag (and to some degree audio popping/crackling, especially "electronic" sounds)
    - Quest Bugs (in a game like this, you just can't have serious quest bugs)

Some new options I'd like to see:
    - Locking of mouse X and Y sensitivity (I have OCD, and this is wrecking havoc with my brain )
    - Proper SSAO (Yes, I know you say it's "different". It is not. It looks like poorly rendered chunky smoke at the moment. It's supposed to look like shadows.)
    - Ability to skip the intros (20 seconds is infuriating after you just crashed for the 10th time)

That's pretty much sums up all the grievances I currently have with the game, can't wait to see a patch pop up on Steam
    Last edited by LordWeasel; 09-03-2011 at 04:01 PM.

Thank You. Please hurry.

Just kidding.

But do.

Thank you for letting us know you plan on continuing to fix the game. Unfortunately with all of the loading time issues, crashing problems, not being able to skip the intro, I'll have to wait until you've fixed all of this before I can actually play. I completed the police station mission, and the game is definitely fun with a level of difficulty that makes me have to save and re-load when I make mistakes(I'm fine with that) but unfortunately the crashing, load times, intro video just add a level of frustration that make the game completely un-enjoyable.

For example if I make a mistake and attempt to re-load from 30 seconds ago the game crashes. Now I have to open the task manager, kill the process, re-start the game, watch the 20 seconds of intro, then load my save and hope it loads without crashing. What should take seconds ends up being minutes, and makes the game feel like a chore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixxes View Post
    ...and on top of that we are also looking at adding some additional features on the PC side that we noticed some players would really like to see.

These additions are more involved as the first patches, and due to this take longer as those initial patches. We need to test them carefully to ensure we do not introduce any new issues...

An additional feature I'd like to see is the game simply working adequately as is.

Sorry to be a bit of a broken record here, but...9 days and counting, guys. 9 days, and I still can't get on with playing the game.

I cling to the hope that Nixxes are prioritising. The game, from what I've seen so far, is fantastic, and I really want to play it.

Thanks for the update. I really appreciate this!

I've been dealing with the framerate issue commonly known as "stuttering" since launch, so it's good to know that there is still some hope of this and other problems being resolved in the not too distant future.

Thanks for the update. Would've been nice to see earlier, but better late than never. Hope that the audio lag and the "having to click on menus twice" issues get fixed.

Please, i have this weird problem where after playing for some time i can't use mouse left click, and the only way to fix it is by restarting the game. This is really annoying cause i can't use the mouse to click on the game menu to upgrade my augment or to choose item etc. The only thing that i can do is just shoot my gun. I have the game on steam and i'm using the latest update.

Default So Many Headaches

Hey Guys,

I've spent hours trawling forums and trying to find fixes to my multiple issues. I have a large Steam library on my Windows 7 64bit machine that runs every one of my games flawlessly.

I've never had to jump through hoops like I have for Deus Ex:HR.

My first problem was the crashing during startup logos which I managed to fix by upping the voltage of my GTX460...My next problem was the stuttering, which seemed to be fixed by disabling some of the effects...can't even remember I tried that many configurations. Finally I thought I was in the clear after having flashed my bios, re-downloading the game, following *every* one of the recommendations from Eidos and others. BUT the game crashes every time I jump in the helicopter near the beginning of the game (I think the mission is called 'Back in the Saddle').

It's really disappointing to see only 1 or 2 Eidos moderators running around giving conflicting responses to serious problems, especially after Eidos talked up their PC credentials before the games release. Gamers should not have to do things like create alternative user accounts or alter the voltage of GPUs to play a game.
    Last edited by PvtHudson; 09-04-2011 at 02:24 AM.

The only thing I'd like fixed is all the broken quests. I can't hand in the Megan Reed quest as there are only three dialog options, and no Go Back option and after exhausting the options, there's nothing left to do so you just sit there staring at each other.

Also after knocking out T-Bone in the Cloak and Daggers mission, I saved the game. After loading back up 2 days later he's now dead for no reason and the mission failed, not because he's dead, no because all the other ones failed.
    Also after try to load Autosave and Previous auto save, which were 2 hours and 5 hours older respectively, are now corrupted. They are now both located at the exact time and spot as the Quicksave with the dead T-Bone.
    The game is completely unplayable, I cannot continue playing this until these bugs are fixed. If this amount of bugs show up this early in game, there's no way I'm going to risk screwing up more savegames with this......let's just say "stuff".
    Also the crashing when going into the in-game cutscenes is a major pain.

Default Thanks for the update Nixxes

Thanks for the Update.
    I normally do not play games the moment they come out, since it could have some minor issues, which in my oppion may ruin the game play experience.

I do hope there is a patch later on allowing use of S3d wrappers like Iz3d/DDD and support for Nvidia 3d vision since those companies have the most s3d compatible hardware in the market today. I have already requested the feature at http://support.na.square-enix.com but received a vague reply.
    See below.

Question :

I asked if Deus HR devs would consider support for Nvidia 3D vision in a future patch. Sorry i lost the original copy.

Reply:
    Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,

We regret to inform you that we do not have any kind of access to any of the information you have requested at this time. Nor do we have any specific information on what other resources where you could obtain that information. However, I would suggest running a simple internet search or discussing this question/issue, as there are many gaming communities which do welcome these types of questions and discussion.

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center

Was that some catch all auto reply lol.

Thanks for the update. It's nice to see Square Enix/Eidos/Nixxes looking at adding some new features on top of addressing bugs. Kudos to you

+1 FOR native Nvidia 3DVision support!
    (with fully unlocked depth and convergence, no BS reprojection for us!)

Quote Originally Posted by baragon View Post
    +1 FOR native Nvidia 3DVision support!
    (with fully unlocked depth and convergence, no BS reprojection for us!)
    They had a deal with AMD, so they OF COURSE had to make sure Nvidia users get the worst

Quote Originally Posted by tZer View Post
    They had a deal with AMD, so they OF COURSE had to make sure Nvidia users get the worst
    Then I suggest we give them hell for it, as ATi users should for deals that go the other way. This isn't a console after all, we're all on the same platform here
    GA-X48-DQ6 - Q9550@3.2GHz - Dominator DDR2 1066MHz 8GB - eVGA GTX480 SC
    Velociraptor 10kRPM HD - X-Fi Extreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro - W7U 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by LordWeasel View Post
    Then I suggest we give them hell for it, as ATi users should for deals that go the other way. This isn't a console after all, we're all on the same platform here
    Well u say you all on the same platform, technically yes, you are all on the PC, but i'd say probably every single one of your machine configurations is different in some way, there will not be 1 of you with exactly the same identical hardware/software setup
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1255523/ <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast