Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Future PC Patches - Updates & General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Hucksake View Post
    I really hope so, I really do. I actually want to enjoy this game, but i'm at the mercy of the developers now. It's down to them and what fixes they can serve up.
    Erm ... weren't you the same guy who has been talking about upping voltages to your GFX card fixing your issues? Or was that someone else, or a different bug/issue with the game?

Quote Originally Posted by LordWeasel View Post
    You need both I'm afraid.
    Snake! I'm happy it's not a glitch but why the stupid 'arrow path of deception'? A snapping necks I go so. Cheers

Can weg get a statement on the estimated time for the release of the next patch? Any update on the development/progress of the patch?

Quote Originally Posted by funkRush View Post
    Can weg get a statement on the estimated time for the release of the next patch? Any update on the development/progress of the patch?
    Work on the patch continues and scheduled release date is later this year...

it kinda seems like by "future" patches, they mean when the game takes place - 2027. hurry up eidos!

Here's a fix that's needed for PC: full-keyboard remapping. I use the Enter key on the keypad in all my FPS's for Crouching. I've been doing that for over a decade now. Deus Ex 1 and 2 both had the capability for doing so, so there's no reason why the code for Deus Ex:HR should be any different. I already sent the email to Squenix support, and they replied:

----------------------------------------------
    Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,

We appreciate your feedback. It will be forwarded to my superiors. Thank you for taking the time to contact us today and we look forward to your opinions of our upcoming titles.

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.

----------------------------------------------

I'm re-posting it here so I can make doubly sure it gets noticed. I'm worried about the length of time between patches, though. I've not been able to play for a week now. I know the programmers are going full-speed, but some incremental patches, or at least a up-to-date list of bugs being worked on, would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

Default Nvidia 3d vision Support

Nvidia 3d support would be realy awesome.
    I know AMD is featured in 3d support however 3d vision via Nvidia is far superior. There are a lot of people on the nvidia forums who want this as well

Quote Originally Posted by VarietyMage View Post
    Here's a fix that's needed for PC: full-keyboard remapping. I use the Enter key on the keypad in all my FPS's for Crouching. I've been doing that for over a decade now. Deus Ex 1 and 2 both had the capability for doing so, so there's no reason why the code for Deus Ex:HR should be any different...

...I'm re-posting it here so I can make doubly sure it gets noticed. I'm worried about the length of time between patches, though. I've not been able to play for a week now. I know the programmers are going full-speed, but some incremental patches, or at least a up-to-date list of bugs being worked on, would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

I'm sorry but...you've not been able to play because...the game won't let you bind numpad enter to crouch?

Fo reals?

<.<
    >.>

Hi,

first, congratulation for this amazing game! I'm a big 3dvison fan and I also think 3dvision support is more than necessary in this game, even more so since 3d is supposed to be native in DEHR. It would have to be implemented with full control of depth and convergence of course ! So please devs hear our request !

We really need a patch to fix that stutter issue. I've stopped playing because of that... when I play the game to the end I want my experience to be flawless, not with all those stutters along the way.

Later on this year seems like a LOT of waiting for me, will it take that long to fix the stutter issue? Really?

My guns keep going off when I try exit out of reading an ebook. I click on close and depending on the gun I had equipped it sometimes discharges, fine if it's a silenced weapon with loads of ammo but having skilfully but riskily infiltrated that room full of mercs... I now sorely regret having my shotgun equipped. It'll take more then a patch to fix the mess that made but would be greatly appreciated.

Please fix the audio volume!! Its too damn Low!! I'm tired of cranking up my speaker volume everytime i wanna play this game. If i set the music volume to max, i expect to hear the music at least as loud as the sfx Goddammit. How can you mess up one of the most important part of the game? The Music? The composer worked hard on it and you set the music too low? This is the first game where i've got a problem with music volume, i mean seriously? Please fix this simple yet very annoying problem!!!!!!

Might as well add an issue to the list that makes the game unplayable, and crash to desktop on loading the main menu. In the menu, moving the mouse, or selecting any option in the menu with keyboard causes an immediate crash to desktop with no error log appearing.

Intel Core2 Quad CPU @ 2.4 Ghz
    3GB RAM
    Vid card: nVidia 9800 GT

Tried upgrading video drivers, turning off (unchecking) all extra settings in the Setup, turning down settings, tweaking settings in nVidia control panel, etc. Tried everything recommended, no change. Hope this can be patched.

I don't care about the game unplayable issue, i can run the game just fine so there must be something wrong with your system, probably driver problem or somethin. Frequent stutter and extremely low music volume is what bother me the most from this game. Please fix these 2 problems and i'm a happy deus ex player.

Please fix the sound delay. Two weeks now I've been unable to play the $50 game I bought.

Quote Originally Posted by VarietyMage View Post
    Here's a fix that's needed for PC: full-keyboard remapping.
    <snip>
    You can use a program called Autohotkey, which will let you do what you want with your keys (and then some).

I stopped expecting games to allow me to remap my keys in their UI years ago.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by pariah View Post
    I don't care about the game unplayable issue, i can run the game just fine so there must be something wrong with your system, probably driver problem or somethin. Frequent stutter and extremely low music volume is what bother me the most from this game. Please fix these 2 problems and i'm a happy deus ex player.
    So if my game doesn't have the stutter problem, by *your own logic* there's nothing wrong with the game, there's something wrong with *your* system...

...genius.

Quote Originally Posted by ENBSeries View Post
    1. One of the stuttering may be the problem, because the game (dx9) creates shaders on demand (when some object with new shader visible in viewport). So, i guess shaders not just creating but also compiling and this is relatively slow. Solution is to compile and create them at scene loading time...

...the original:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/109/enb04.jpg/
    modified SSAO (ignore shadows, they are beta at this moment):
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/651/enb03.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...191131953.jpg/...
    From your above post I'm assuming we're getting an ENBSeries for DXHR..... Best news I've read all week.

CANNOT WAIT

Quote Originally Posted by PvtHudson View Post
    So if my game doesn't have the stutter problem, by *your own logic* there's nothing wrong with the game, there's something wrong with *your* system...

...genius.
    Yes, that's right, i know that everybody who play the game have stutter problem. I have it too, even though for me, the stutter is not that bad, the low music volume is what bother me the most.

What i know for sure is that not everybody are unable to play the game, so say what you want but there's something wrong with your system or your game probably missing a file or something. And by something wrong with your system, i don't mean that your system is bad or outdated or something like that, probably its missing something that deus ex need to be able to run properly.

I may be right and i may be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by ENBSeries View Post
    1. One of the stuttering may be the problem, because the game (dx9) creates shaders on demand (when some object with new shader visible in viewport). So, i guess shaders not just creating but also compiling and this is relatively slow. Solution is to compile and create them at scene loading time.

2. SSAO is horrible and nonsence in this game, this effect allow to add more volumetric look to the scene, but not that one in Deus Ex 3. Here are comparisons i did:
    the original:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/109/enb04.jpg/
    modified SSAO (ignore shadows, they are beta at this moment):
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/651/enb03.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...191131953.jpg/

3. Please, remove ugly coloring, it's boring. At least switch on/off could be handy.

4. Fix bugs with too much bright ambient lit of few objects, it's incorrect shaders math applied.

5. Performance could be greatly improved by shorten pixel shaders, they are now have 250-300 instructions long and not used at full, just eating gpu. Also performance is lower because of long shaders in deffered lighting system, in some areas there are many light volumes placed.
    I've greatly enjoyed some of your work on other games, and if you are releasing ENBSeries for DX:HR, you would indeed be a gentleman and a scholar. I salute you, sir.

Seen some of your WIP screens, and I'm feeling all tingly inside. It's like waiting for release day again, only now I know it's going to be good. Watch and learn Eidos/Nixxes :P

PS: If you don't manage to get rid of the stuttering in DX9, is it a lot of trouble to "port" your work over to DX11? Because DX11 is playable, but DX9 is not at the moment.
    Last edited by LordWeasel; 09-08-2011 at 05:42 AM.
    GA-X48-DQ6 - Q9550@3.2GHz - Dominator DDR2 1066MHz 8GB - eVGA GTX480 SC
    Velociraptor 10kRPM HD - X-Fi Extreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro - W7U 64bit

LordWeasel
    I began to fix stuttering today (at least partially) because bored to wait, will see...

Guys, I realize that what he said may not have been exactly caring, but lets not turn this into another flaming thread.

If you take offense with someone's forum post, just use the report feature and let the forum staff deal with it instead of publicly attacking another member.

Thank you.

Understood, I got carried away a bit by his uncanny ability for not-caring. Won't happen again.

ta

Just a reminder...

I still can't complete the game I paid $60 dollars for. It's been almost 2 weeks now. Where is the patch?

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...=120628&page=2

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast