Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Future PC Patches - Updates & General Discussion

PS3 is specific, he was referring to consoles in general. I for one, being a fan of PS since the first console, absolutely despise PS3 because it backfired in ways I didn't even imagine it would.
    - We were promised HD graphics, and were given HD (just barely, 720p in most titles) resolution with blurred graphics.
    - Sony's being extremely stubborn with the lack of support for mkv/mp4, even on their stand-alone BR players.
    - Eliminating PS2 games support is about the biggest, green slimey spit in a face a gamer can get. Don't call me *y, it's simply illogical to make people that have up to even 500 purchased titles simply "keep a ps2 around" or "buy it online".
    - Not anticipating the difficulties posed by multi-platform games that must look the same on blu-ray and dvd's was an amateur error in planning, leading to the aforementioned "they didn't advertise these graphics".
    - Complex software architecture, resulting in only a few brave (crazy?) studios like Guerilla to really step up and deliver, while the others didn't even bother on spending half a decade just to learn the system's behavior.

Dear developers,

Thanks for looking at the issues reported on this forum. Even though you can't post anything immediately, a list of bugs that are being worked on as well as a rough timeline of when we might expect a patch posted some time in the medium-future would be very much appreciated by me (and I'm sure most other PC players) who are frustrated with the bugs in the game as shipped.

Good game. But as with most new releases from most pubs/devs these days, you've fallen in to the trap of not enough testing and bug fixing.

1. Please Please Please find out what you've done wrong for so many of us have the CTDs and/or complete computer crashing using DX11. Using DX9 fixes this.

2. However, while using DX9, so many of us are getting the stuttering which seems to occur when the engine displays new textures/models to the players viewpoint.

One of the best threads about the stuttering is here on Steam forums, 39 pages ...

This game could have been great. Should have been great. And probably could still be great if these two MAJOR problems affecting the few of us are fixed. I can't bring myself to 1. play the game in DX9 and forego DX11, 2. put up with the stuttering that plagued computers a decade ago and should have been banished by now. Very sloppy!

(Full Error Message: A problem has occurred with your display driver. Your system may not have enough resources to run the game at the selected settings. You can retry using the same settings, or adjust them to lower settings. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your video hardware, and try rebooting your system to help clear up any issues. )

I tried switching to edge AA and it doesn't seem to help the game run any better. I think all of my drivers are up to date. I have:

Windows Vista Home premium
    Processor: AMD Phenom 9150e Quadcore Processor 1.80 GHz
    5 Gb ram
    64 bit OS

NVidia GeForce GTX 275

I think I should make the requirements, is there anything I can do to get this game to run worth a damn?
    I've posted this before. Gotten farther in the game since then but I can only make progress at about 5 to 10 minutes at a time before it crashes and I have to reboot and restart. Sometimes it just kicks me back to desktop but after it does this several times the game just crashes. Do I not meet the specs required to run the game? I am still stuck in Detroit, crashing to desktop is taking up nearly as much of my time as playing the game. I enjoy the game. But this is getting on my very last nerve and I am about to call it quits.

I've just finished the game, only had 2 annoying problem so far :
    1. The game freeze on loading screen (happen 3 times in one single playthrough so not bad)
    2. After playing for some time (1-3 hours) suddenly mouse left click doesn't register at all and i have to restart the game to fix this stupid problem. (Happens all the time so this is really frickin annoying).

So i think you guys did a pretty darn good job with the pc version, oh and btw i've maxed out all the setting, dx11, tesselation and everything. Here's my spec:

i72600k
    GTX560 Ti
    16gb of ram
    Acer 23' led monitor
    Win 7 64

Quote Originally Posted by pedrocarlos View Post
    Please someone answer a simple question for Christ sake. Is the PS3 HUD bug being worked on? Sorry to hijack this thread but nothing is being said on other threads and on the 2 times I've emailed tech support I've not received a reply in any of those routes.

Yes or no, is the PS3 version of the HUD bug being worked on?
    this is a thread for PC patches

typical console user, can't even read.

Quote Originally Posted by ARustyFirePlace View Post

No need for that at all.. Yes, this is a pc thread so not the right place, but doesnt give you the right to have a go. okay?
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1255523/ <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Yes, PC configs vary greatly, but thats no excuse for releasing a game that has such major compatibility issues.

A part of the testing/QA phase is to TEST and RUN the game on various PC configs and look for common issues and resolve them prior to release.

I think it'd be foolish to think that Eidos wasn't aware of the issues before releasing the game on PC, getting it to a "good enough" state. The thing about PC gamers is, the publishers know you can "patch it later" on PC. Console gamers aren't that forgiving.

I suffered through the crashes/skipping cutscenes and finished the game on my PC.. I want to play it again, but I'm forcing myself not to.. I'm going to wait for patches that fix the graphics/broken side quests i couldnt finish the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Demanufacturer View Post
    Yes, PC configs vary greatly, but thats no excuse for releasing a game that has such major compatibility issues.

A part of the testing/QA phase is to TEST and RUN the game on various PC configs and look for common issues and resolve them prior to release.

I think it'd be foolish to think that Eidos wasn't aware of the issues before releasing the game on PC, getting it to a "good enough" state. The thing about PC gamers is, the publishers know you can "patch it later" on PC. Console gamers aren't that forgiving.

I suffered through the crashes/skipping cutscenes and finished the game on my PC.. I want to play it again, but I'm forcing myself not to.. I'm going to wait for patches that fix the graphics/broken side quests i couldnt finish the first time.
    `vary greatly` does kinda underplay the issue.. EVERY pc is different.. having the same hardware does NOT mean you'll have the same results.. we have people reporting no stuttering when running the same hardware as other people on the forum, not just on our inhouse qa setups. So the `fix` is not a simple thing.. the article posted on the other thread about the micro stuttering was very interesting, and shows that its something that can rear its head in most games. Working with the hardware manufacturers to make specific profiles for the games will also aide things

The one thing which makes the PC the best gaming platform IS its total customisability and flexibility, however this IS a double edged sword for that exact reason.. And no one is more passionate or vocal about this then the pc gaming community..

Quote Originally Posted by jaycw2309 View Post
    The one thing which makes the PC the best gaming platform IS its total customisability and flexibility, however this IS a double edged sword for that exact reason.. And no one is more passionate or vocal about this then the pc gaming community..
    Can't argue with that

(added) although, if the console community had to put up with the amount of problems we've had to I bet the forums would be even more ... erm ... vocal ...

My PC is suffering the crashes in DX11 and stuttering in DX9. I can recreate both problems whenever I boot the game and choose either DX level. Do you have a QA department in England that I can take my PC to to help you guys fix it sooner for everyone else? I'm quite willing if the offer of a cup of tea is there. And maybe a peep round a curtain or two at some new stuff.

I know the mouse polling rate was mentioned before, was that ever explored? What are you guys using?

Quote Originally Posted by ARustyFirePlace View Post

Zip it you clown! I've already apologised for using this thread but the simple fact is no one is responding in other threads and as this is a sticky there may be more chance I, and I'm sure many others, will get a simple answer to a simple question- what's being done with the ps3 version's HUD bug and when can we expect the patches?

Hi there,

Been playing for just a few minutes and have already been quite bothered with some troubles that some of my friends confirmed having had too.

* It seems mandatory to me that the issue on screen resolution affecting the effective mouse position is fixed. I don't want to be forced to run in my screen's native resolution or desktop resolution or whatever. The mouse/hud shouldn't get broken upon changing resolution (behavior differs if you change resolution from the configuration software outside the game or from inside, but it consistently goes wrong when alt-tabbing from a different resolution than the desktop one).
    * I'm getting bored at playing games on PC that treat the mouse as a stick (Dead Space does the same, so does Alice, Madness Returns). Mice give displacement information. It is absolute and shouldn't be affected by the time spent on a frame. Sticks give a direction and a velocity and should effect the game according to the time they were pushed. It is a very basic difference on the logic, but having one behaving as the other is a real pain.

I also have a wishlist of features I'd like to see changed (like the fact that you can't run and strafe at the same time ... it feels like you're unable to even turn your head around) but I'm not sure it should be discussed here.

Do you think my first 2 points could be fixed ? (even without specifying when)

1. One of the stuttering may be the problem, because the game (dx9) creates shaders on demand (when some object with new shader visible in viewport). So, i guess shaders not just creating but also compiling and this is relatively slow. Solution is to compile and create them at scene loading time.

2. SSAO is horrible and nonsence in this game, this effect allow to add more volumetric look to the scene, but not that one in Deus Ex 3. Here are comparisons i did:
    the original:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/109/enb04.jpg/
    modified SSAO (ignore shadows, they are beta at this moment):
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/651/enb03.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...191131953.jpg/

3. Please, remove ugly coloring, it's boring. At least switch on/off could be handy.

4. Fix bugs with too much bright ambient lit of few objects, it's incorrect shaders math applied.

5. Performance could be greatly improved by shorten pixel shaders, they are now have 250-300 instructions long and not used at full, just eating gpu. Also performance is lower because of long shaders in deffered lighting system, in some areas there are many light volumes placed.

Quote Originally Posted by WishGate View Post
    Hi there,

Been playing for just a few minutes and have already been quite bothered with some troubles that some of my friends confirmed having had too.

* It seems mandatory to me that the issue on screen resolution affecting the effective mouse position is fixed. I don't want to be forced to run in my screen's native resolution or desktop resolution or whatever. The mouse/hud shouldn't get broken upon changing resolution (behavior differs if you change resolution from the configuration software outside the game or from inside, but it consistently goes wrong when alt-tabbing from a different resolution than the desktop one).
    * I'm getting bored at playing games on PC that treat the mouse as a stick (Dead Space does the same, so does Alice, Madness Returns). Mice give displacement information. It is absolute and shouldn't be affected by the time spent on a frame. Sticks give a direction and a velocity and should effect the game according to the time they were pushed. It is a very basic difference on the logic, but having one behaving as the other is a real pain.

I also have a wishlist of features I'd like to see changed (like the fact that you can't run and strafe at the same time ... it feels like you're unable to even turn your head around) but I'm not sure it should be discussed here.

Do you think my first 2 points could be fixed ? (even without specifying when)
    There are more pressing issues such as crashing and stuttering, think they need looking at first. A lot of folks can't even play the game still whatsoever.

No need for that at all.. Yes, this is a pc thread so not the right place, but doesnt give you the right to have a go. okay?
    Glad to see your commitment and support for the community.
    Can you tell me if one specific, very demanded feature - 3D Vision support - is being worked on?

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Hucksake View Post
    There are more pressing issues such as crashing and stuttering, think they need looking at first. A lot of folks can't even play the game still whatsoever.
    I understand that stuttering is a big issue (strangely enough, I saw it too when pushing the refresh rate to 75Hz instead of 60 ...) but I'd rather have a stuttering game that I can play than a game running smooth that I cannot (I can't even click some items, depending on the menu position)
    Crashes being top priority can't be discussed, of course.

Edit : Anyway, my first point was to make sure these bugs were referenced here rather than pushing for them being fixed immediately. Maybe I should have stated that in my previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by WishGate View Post
    I understand that stuttering is a big issue (strangely enough, I saw it too when pushing the refresh rate to 75Hz instead of 60 ...) but I'd rather have a stuttering game that I can play than a game running smooth that I cannot (I can't even click some items, depending on the menu position)
    Crashes being top priority can't be discussed, of course.

Edit : Anyway, my first point was to make sure these bugs were referenced here rather than pushing for them being fixed immediately. Maybe I should have stated that in my previous post.
    Lots that could be fixed, but I think they are too busy staring at dollar signs with DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Hucksake View Post
    Lots that could be fixed, but I think they are too busy staring at dollar signs with DLC.
    Sighs.. i work with 's thanks.. least i know what you thinking is wrong

I have play 17 hours of game without any problems at al, since last night im on act 12 after doing the quest and grabbing side quest inside conference all i need to go investigate the swears for a side quest, every time i try to pass to the other part of the city by the train station or by the basket ball alley the game freeze, inside metro station freeze wen i go up stairs in front of the dancers and in the alley it freezes wen i make the corner to the alley i already have desintall/installed game/drivers play in dx9/11 sli on/off i don't now what to do more and i like to finishing the game

CAN I HAVE HOPE THAT A PATCH FIX THIS ???

PS: looks like lots of ppl have the game freeze on act 12 ( http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=120316 )

PS:2 sry for the bad english

CPU: i7 920@4.2
    GPU: SLI 570 (stock clocks)
    MEM: 12gig DDR3 triple chanel
    DSK: intel 2.5 ssd 80GB x25-m mlc 34NM
    Mother Board: asus rampage 3 extreme
    Last edited by shadowfreak; 09-06-2011 at 12:22 PM.

Im going to bet $100 that all the Major DX11 issues stem from DirectX itself and your Video Card drivers. This was my problem i found out when neither of the old drivers and registries would clear out even with driver sweeper. Took an entire system reinstall and having windows detect my video card using jsut the windows preinstalled vga identifier and downloading all the DirectX files before installing GFX Card drivers. Rebooted, then ran DirectX installer again to grab anything it missed. rebooted again, then isntalled the latest video card driver.... BAM DX11 working fulltime on all DX11 capable games...

Im sure some of you wont think thats the case. but after everythign i went through to figure it out im almost positive.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenNinja View Post
    Im going to bet $100 that all the Major DX11 issues stem from DirectX itself and your Video Card drivers. This was my problem i found out when neither of the old drivers and registries would clear out even with driver sweeper. Took an entire system reinstall and having windows detect my video card using jsut the windows preinstalled vga identifier and downloading all the DirectX files before installing GFX Card drivers. Rebooted, then ran DirectX installer again to grab anything it missed. rebooted again, then isntalled the latest video card driver.... BAM DX11 working fulltime on all DX11 capable games...

Im sure some of you wont think thats the case. but after everythign i went through to figure it out im almost positive.
    Most of us here have already tried that my friend. I have already tried this on a seperate boot myself, nothing helpd. Btw dont use driver sweeper, use drivercleaner pro it actualy cleans out all the old drivers, its so powerful it can even clean out the base vga/chipset drivers.

As Tim Stellmach recently said:
    "As you eventually learn when trying to ship software, every change is a defect opportunity."

Gents,

It's good to know that the team is working on patches and seem to care about customer experience.

I'd like to report a specific and very annoying issue in this particular thread because I'm not sure whether it's an engine deficiency that we have to live with, or a bug that can be fixed with a future patch.

The game stutters. Stutters like crazy. It's very evident that this is happening when the game is trying to load a new area. When I pan the camera around or start moving, the game is brought to it's knees and the craziest thing of all is that FRAPS still shows 100 or even 150fps!!!!! V-synced won't even badge below or above 60fps, yet the stuttering is still there!

It's not so bad when you're within small areas like rooms, sewers or even offices but when you're out in the open like busy streets and parts of city areas, the game simply becomes unplayable. It stutters almost constantly.

What I've tried so far:

-The issue manifests regardless of what graphics settings I have. The game behaves exactly the same from the lowest DX9 to maxed out DX11. (I don't use 3d surround).

-Disabled CPU dynamic voltage scaling through BIOS.

-Set "maximum performance" preference and "single display" through nvidia drivers (280.36).

-Set Power management to high performance through Windows.

All to no avail.

Could this be a vram issue? Is it capped to a specific value as a leftover from the console version?
    Or simply the engine is coded to dynamically load parts of wide open areas regardless of how much available ram or vram you have in your system?

Is there a cfg or similar file we can modify to address this?

My specs are the following:

CPU: i7 980x
    MOBO: Asus Rampage III Extreme
    GPUs: 3 way sli GTX580
    RAM: 12Gb Corsair Dominator GT @2000Mghz
    HDD: Samsung Spinpoint 7200rpm 1TB

Sighs.. i work with 's thanks.. least i know what you thinking is wrong
    I really hope so, I really do. I actually want to enjoy this game, but i'm at the mercy of the developers now. It's down to them and what fixes they can serve up.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast