Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Future PC Patches - Updates & General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by jaycw2309 View Post
    Well u say you all on the same platform, technically yes, you are all on the PC, but i'd say probably every single one of your machine configurations is different in some way, there will not be 1 of you with exactly the same identical hardware/software setup
    Yup, and that's what makes the PC so beautiful

I should clarify. I don't like it when devs leave out optimum support for certain hardware purposely, to favor one of two competing companies. I know nVidia has been doing this for years, and ATi has to respond somehow to stay competitive, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

I respect companies who refuse the money and try to make their game as enjoyable for both parties greatly. But still, money is what we're all after in the end (well, sex and power really, but I'll save that for a discussion on evolutionary psychology ), so I see the reasoning behind it.
    GA-X48-DQ6 - Q9550@3.2GHz - Dominator DDR2 1066MHz 8GB - eVGA GTX480 SC
    Velociraptor 10kRPM HD - X-Fi Extreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro - W7U 64bit

Skippable logos except the first time, stopping the sttutering, and quest bug crushing are a must right now. Well dont forget to optimize dx11 on nvidia and to restore the sound of the rifle after the upgrades too XD.

I can't upgrade to the recoil suppression aug from carry heavier loads. There is no buy icon it, so now I have to buy the punch through walls aug which I don't want and waste more praxis points. Is this a bug ar has the game just glitched?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron and Copper View Post
    I can't upgrade to the recoil suppression aug from carry heavier loads. There is no buy icon it, so now I have to buy the punch through walls aug which I don't want and waste more praxis points. Is this a bug ar has the game just glitched?
    You need both I'm afraid.
    GA-X48-DQ6 - Q9550@3.2GHz - Dominator DDR2 1066MHz 8GB - eVGA GTX480 SC
    Velociraptor 10kRPM HD - X-Fi Extreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro - W7U 64bit

Here's a few:

• "Ghost/Smooth op failed" indicator
    • 'wasd'-bound hacking choices (nuke,stop,fortify..)
    • 90 head rotation when looking around while hacking
    • increased blank space around map

Here's why:

And a few optional tweaks (might be pc-specific)

• possibility of taking screenshots (PrtScr key captures desktop with a small black artefact)
    • max music volume +1dB (mine is almost unhearably low, even with lowering sfx/voice, this is on 2.1)
    • FOV auto-adapting to the resolution/aspect ratio (not all folks know they have to change it to 90-95 for 16/17:9/10, and the game gets zoomed on default fov)

*crosses fingers/toes, goes back to playing the game*

Quote Originally Posted by omnirhythm View Post
    [*]W45D sk1llz - I've seen a number of posts by folks irritated by the misclicks while hacking.
    As I posted in this thread, the reason for that is mainly because when you zoom out, the area to click is completely off. If you hover over the lower part of the capture icon, stop will be selected if it's active. I'd like to see the hacking interface fixed and reworked a bit as written in that post, though WASD implementation could be a nice compromise, since reworking the UI seems highly unlikely due to possible work involved. The area to click should be fixed though.
    I fought for Malik and all I got was this lousy achievement.

@jaycw2309 What is your job exactly? Because I haven't found any of your responses to concerns/criticism/questions remotely useful. You mainly seem to respond just to correct people.

Besides fixing the stuttering, I'd like to see:

-Separate FOV adjustment for the screen as well as gun models (I prefer 100 FOV, but the guns appear way smaller; some games have separate FOV for both screen and guns; Crysis + C2 for example). Not a big deal by any stretch, but I'd still like to see it implemented.

- Please add support for MSAA. I understand post process AA is becoming more and more common place because of the relatively low performance impact and the decent anti-aliasing properties, but MSAA still looks a ton better without all the screen blurring and should be available to those with cards beefy enough to handle it.

-It'd be nice to have augs listed in a vertical line like in DX1 and have them listed F1-F4.

-Add support to bind a key for dropping items.

-Improve drag and drop responsiveness in the inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by omnirhythm View Post
    Here's a few:

• "Ghost/Smooth op failed" indicator
    • 'wasd'-bound hacking choices (nuke,stop,fortify..)
    • 90 head rotation when looking around while hacking
    • increased blank space around map

Here's why:

And a few optional tweaks (might be pc-specific)

• possibility of taking screenshots (PrtScr key captures desktop with a small black artefact)
    • max music volume +1dB (mine is almost unhearably low, even with lowering sfx/voice, this is on 2.1)
    • FOV auto-adapting to the resolution/aspect ratio (not all folks know they have to change it to 90-95 for 16/17:9/10, and the game gets zoomed on default fov)

*crosses fingers/toes, goes back to playing the game*
    So at my 16:10 aspect ratio I am supposed to change my FOV to 90 (or 95)? Why is that?

You don't need to, but I think most people would consider that to be an ideal FOV for those aspect ratios for PC gaming. Play around with the setting and find one you like. Personally, I prefer my FOV a little wider than 90.

Quote Originally Posted by PvtHudson View Post
    @jaycw2309 What is your job exactly? Because I haven't found any of your responses to concerns/criticism/questions remotely useful. You mainly seem to respond just to correct people.
    Exactly? even i'd like to know that sometimes.. i am the mastering manager, i have no connection to marketing/pr etc, hence why IF there is something that gets raised that needs official comment, outside of raising the thread awareness to those who do that sorta thing i am entirely based in tech support.

It is NOT part of my job to be on here, i just am. i dont HAVE to be on here, i just am.. if i can help i will, and i've helped countless people with issues which have been fixable locally.. i've raised every single issue up the chain, and asked for more information from people who have offered to help etc..

I dont `hand pick` which threads i reply to, as i said this ISN'T a part of my job so i am only on here every so often and if i see a new thread will try and help, unless have a load of pm's i replying to.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1255523/ <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Exactly? even i'd like to know that sometimes.. i am the mastering manager, i have no connection to marketing/pr etc, hence why IF there is something that gets raised that needs official comment, outside of raising the thread awareness to those who do that sorta thing i am entirely based in tech support.

It is NOT part of my job to be on here, i just am. i dont HAVE to be on here, i just am.. if i can help i will, and i've helped countless people with issues which have been fixable locally.. i've raised every single issue up the chain, and asked for more information from people who have offered to help etc..

I dont `hand pick` which threads i reply to, as i said this ISN'T a part of my job so i am only on here every so often and if i see a new thread will try and help, unless have a load of pm's i replying to.
    I have been keeping an eye on the forums since the game was launched and I think Jay should be commended, not admonished. I am certain that some players will have benefited from his input and I personally appreciate having an Eidos staff member who regularly interacts with players on the forums and is willing to convey issues to the developers on our behalf, even if it is in an unofficial capacity. Indeed, the fact Jay does this of his own volition is particularly admirable. I am sure many other players feel the same way. Keep up the good work, Jay.

Apologies for coming off pissed...I have also being following the forum with *intense* scrutiny, desperately trying to find a way to make this game function as advertised. I feel like I've wasted around 4hrs and $70.
    Last edited by PvtHudson; 09-05-2011 at 12:10 AM.

Apologies for coming off pissed...I have also being following the forum with *intense* scrutiny, desperately trying to find a way to make this game function as advertised. I feel like I've wasted around 4hrs and $70.
    I can totally appreciate its a major pain in the ass for you, and we're working to resolve the issues reported. Truly hope we can have some resolution for you all so you can get back to enjoying the game.

I can totally appreciate its a major pain in the ass for you, and we're working to resolve the issues reported. Truly hope we can have some resolution for you all so you can get back to enjoying the game.
    Yeh I got to be honest it does feel slightly better having someone offer some kind of reassurance...so sorry again.

Yeh I got to be honest it does feel slightly better having someone offer some kind of reassurance...so sorry again.
    S'ok i've got a reasonably thick skin.. been on here since AOD was released.. now THAT was a fun time to be posting

Default stop picking/harresing actual employees who can help

S'ok i've got a reasonably thick skin.. been on here since AOD was released.. now THAT was a fun time to be posting
    JAY, Thanks for being passionate about this gamegame title. You are correct about the diverse hardware in everyone's PC. Everyone should use the most current drivers so that some similarity exists. I can't wait to play it once 3d vision is supported, hopefully with sliders for all the stereo related vars .

While I appreciate that developing games that run on the trillions of different possible combinations of PC hardware/software is no easy task, nevertheless I'm starting to feel that buying new games at release isn't a terribly sensible idea as, more often than not these days, I'm finding myself having to wait weeks and, sometimes even, months for patches to fix annoying/niggling issues that spoil my enjoyment of them.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is an excellent game but the stuttering issue under DX11, not to mention the spate of crashes in certain areas of the game such as the Alice Garden Pods, is tarnishing my appreciation of it so I've stopped playing for now in the hope that a future patch will fix them. From the sounds of things this patch may be weeks arriving and I fear that this will be yet another game that gets forgotten about when new releases come around. It does sting a bit when I have to wait weeks to play a game properly that I've just bought...

Quote Originally Posted by tZer View Post
    They had a deal with AMD, so they OF COURSE had to make sure Nvidia users get the worst
    Well, unless AMD spent a crazy amount of money to make sure this game will NEVER work right on Nvidia cards (right now I'm having issues which go well beyond missed 3D Vision support, in fact I'm now in "wait for a new driver" mode), things may not stay this way forever. Our home systems may be different and unique, but a PC game is supposed to work on all of them with a limited amount of tweaks at most and not the crazy overvoltage stuff I've read in this forum. If AMD didn't want it this way, then Deus Ex 3 should be labelled as "PC AMD" instead of "PC DVD".
    With that said, Darksiders PC launched as an AMD game, but it now supports 3D Vision, while the overinsulted Crysis 2 supports eyefinity and I know at least a guy who's having fun with it.
    So here I am requesting 3D Vision in this thread and in the one which is now on page 2 because nobody wrote after my yesterday post. Keep posting there!

Please someone answer a simple question for Christ sake. Is the PS3 HUD bug being worked on? Sorry to hijack this thread but nothing is being said on other threads and on the 2 times I've emailed tech support I've not received a reply in any of those routes.

Yes or no, is the PS3 version of the HUD bug being worked on?

It would be really nice to know at least what issues you guys are aiming to fix, because with so many issues I can imagine it's hard to keep track of them all, so I'd like to know whether to bug you about it or not, and if to get my hopes up (If you care, this is the issue I've been having - can't even the load game up).

From the very little I've played, despite giant polygons glitching into my face, I've been itching to play more. Now that I've made some hardware changes, I can't even load it up. You've got some of my 30 sitting in your company bank account - please don't make me feel like I've been robbed!

It's like the pits of hell here as soon as folks see anyone remotely official.
    No need to take it out on the guy that's just trying to be nice and help, it certainly won't speed up the process of solving issues.

Offtopic, @Daz1967:

Unfortunately, that's the truth and nothing but the truth. We're in a mumbo-jumbo stage, the uncanny valley of programming, where you have strings as old as early 90's being dragged along with Windows 7, directx 11 and the bunch. Combine that with custom game engines and numerous configurations hardware/software..
    It induces headaches just hearing about it, doesn't it. A very representative example is X3: Reunion, a game that is the ultimate fix for space sim lovers, but was hilariously bugged until a good number of heavy duty patches came out.
    I can cope with that, and well, have to, like all of us, but what I always fail to realize is why do those game-breaking bugs get past testing. I've got no idea what rigs they're tested on, but I'm pretty sure there should be lots more low-end configurations included.

Bottom line being - you're right, it's best to wait until at least a few patches are out to smooth out the big bumps.

Yeah I told them about my issue today, they told me nobody had any idea what was causing the problem, but the sooner you have these patches out, the sooner I can play Deus Ex because this bug is preventing me from continuing.

Quote Originally Posted by LordWeasel View Post
    Yup, and that's what makes the PC so beautiful

I should clarify. I don't like it when devs leave out optimum support for certain hardware purposely, to favor one of two competing companies. I know nVidia has been doing this for years, and ATi has to respond somehow to stay competitive, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

I respect companies who refuse the money and try to make their game as enjoyable for both parties greatly. But still, money is what we're all after in the end (well, sex and power really, but I'll save that for a discussion on evolutionary psychology ), so I see the reasoning behind it.
    Really?

See this is where I disagree. Had I bought Deus Ex for PlayStation 3, as I originally intended too, I wouldn't have had to install many updates to my GPU, worry about compatability issues between both hardware and software or that my system is more than adequate to run it.

Of course I bought the PC version so I could play through in 3D but I wish I hadn't. Console's aren't PC's because their primary function isn't to be a personal computer, it's to play games.

A general PC is a collection of unknown hardware with unknown software running on it. You may have someone with a dual-core 1.5GHz celeron with a slow motherboard, no memory, and millions of spyware apps running. Ir they may have a 16-core gaming rig with every OS service turned off, running amazingly smooth. Consequently a PC game will need to be written to run well on a minimum-spec while also taking advantage of a higher end machine. Plus a PC is designed to do more than specifically play games, which is why the 360 and PS3 aren't strictly consoles as their second function is a media hub and their third function is as social networking devices.

A game console is the opposite.

A game console gives you a very specific set of hardware, running a very specific set of programs. You know exactly what you are getting. You can write to that specific system, knowing that you will always have exactly that much memory, and that you will have exactly that graphics performance, and always have exactly that well-known system. Knowing the exact specs, even if they are less than the PC's high end specs, is a very powerful knowledge. You can design exactly for that system, and you know it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by WraithBringer View Post

A game console gives you a very specific set of hardware, running a very specific set of programs. You know exactly what you are getting. You can write to that specific system, knowing that you will always have exactly that much memory, and that you will have exactly that graphics performance, and always have exactly that well-known system. Knowing the exact specs, even if they are less than the PC's high end specs, is a very powerful knowledge. You can design exactly for that system, and you know it will work.

So I guess that would be why developers have so often complained about, for example, the awkward architecture of the PS3, and why developers are so limited in what they can do that their games end up structurally compromised in a serious way?

Or are we just going to forget about the scrapping of Thief 3's original "open city" concept, the endless loading screens of DX: Invisible War, and the fact that developers can't update their games with fixes or extra content anywhere near as freely as on the PC?

Knowing that you have only one brick does not enable you to build a house.

Quote Originally Posted by WraithBringer View Post

Had I bought Deus Ex for PlayStation 3, as I originally intended too, I wouldn't have had to install many updates to my GPU, worry about compatability issues between both hardware and software or that my system is more than adequate to run it.
    Correction: Had developers made a PC game, instead of a console port, you wouldn't have to install many updates to your GPU, worry about compatibility issues between both hardware and software or that your system is more than adequate to run it...

...because the game would be optimised.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast