Eidos Forums  

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Deus Ex: Human Revolution > DX:HR General Discussion

Notices

Old 08-31-2011, 10:49 PM
Gamer

Default Can and Can't Do's for getting Foxiest of the Hounds

So many people are giving so many different answers on how to get Foxiest of the Hounds, that it's hurting my eyes trying to read it all.

If you already have Foxiest of the Hounds, then please list the stuff that you can do, and the stuff that you can't do, so people who don't have it will know for sure. Please only list what you're 100% sure of, and what you have confirmed yourself by actually getting Foxiest of the Hounds. Thanks.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:48 AM
New Player

As far as I know, you just have to make it through missions without triggering the alarms. I've had enemies go Hostile on me (in Malik encounter and during last mission), which obviously nullifies Ghost XP bonus for that mission, but I still got Foxiest of the Hounds in the end.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:18 AM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawtzki View Post
As far as I know, you just have to make it through missions without triggering the alarms. I've had enemies go Hostile on me (in Malik encounter and during last mission), which obviously nullifies Ghost XP bonus for that mission, but I still got Foxiest of the Hounds in the end.
Then I don't get it where I screwed up. I thought I didn't get Foxiest of the Hounds because of saving Malik. At least I got Pacifist in my first run. Manage even to save Malik without killing enemies.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:37 AM
New Player

It's possible you were spotted by one of the cameras (in a random mission) and triggered the alarm without actually hearing it because it was so far away. Kinda makes you wish the game had a way of telling you how many deaths you've caused or how many alarms you've triggered .
Old 09-01-2011, 01:44 AM
Hero

Quote:
This is correct. All you have to do to get Foxiest of the Hounds is not trigger any alarms (outside of ones which are triggered in cutscenes, obviously) - you can be seen as many times as you like, but as long as the enemies don't trigger the alarm, you're fine.

I got FotH, but missed out on Pacifist because I killed people in the tutorial section - for some stupid reason I assumed that wouldn't count because you don't have a non-lethal weapon at the time, nor were takedowns available. The idea of ghosting the section didn't even occur to me. Annoying, because I'm pretty sure I did the entirety of the rest of the game non-lethally - I even took out the Hyron drones with non-lethal weapons.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:12 AM
New Player

Could anyone closer specify what exactly you need to do for the Ghost bonus?

In general, or for example on the first mission.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:24 AM
New Player

Don't trigger alarms, don't make enemies go Hostile. If they enter Alarmed state you can still get Ghost bonus.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:33 AM
New Player

OK, thanks, that was one of the things I wasn't sure about.

Takedowns (lethal, non-lethal), killing and stunning is a no go I guess? Even with body hiding, without trigering anything?
Old 09-01-2011, 05:00 AM
Gamer

Also, if you have to take someone down, remember to hide the body well or make sure that none of the other guards have a patrol pattern which would make them spot the body.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:08 AM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid_Loman View Post
OK, thanks, that was one of the things I wasn't sure about.

Takedowns (lethal, non-lethal), killing and stunning is a no go I guess? Even with body hiding, without trigering anything?
You can do everything, as long as other guards don't notice it. Although for kills this pretty much means a oneshot kill, otherwise the guard will most likely go hostile.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:35 AM
Gamer

Quote:
It's possible you were spotted by one of the cameras (in a random mission) and triggered the alarm without actually hearing it because it was so far away. Kinda makes you wish the game had a way of telling you how many deaths you've caused or how many alarms you've triggered .
I am sure no camera had me long enough to trigger alarm. I always checked if camera is still yellow and not red after I vanished behind cover. But ok, didn't get that achieve in my firs run I still intend to do full ghost run (as it should be - by even not touching anyone) so I will get achievement in that run. Also i will try run without augs (even not using augs you have from the start - hacking included) and without kills or even non-lethal takedowns/shots if that is possible of course. Need to do some research before that.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:39 AM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
I am sure no camera had me long enough to trigger alarm. I always checked if camera is still yellow and not red after i vanished behind cover.
Turret might have gone hostile briefly? This happened to me.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:45 AM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheresmyskulgun View Post
Turret might have gone hostile briefly? This happened to me.
If it goes hostile it stays red and alarm starts. I would have notice that. I have screwed a lot of times infront of camera or some enemy and I always have reloaded to do properly. One more question: do Picus missions part where you wait for elevator (of whatever it was) counts as alarm goes on or not? I disabled cameras but i fought enemies that came in that room.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:00 AM
New Player

Quote:
You can do everything, as long as other guards don't notice it. Although for kills this pretty much means a oneshot kill, otherwise the guard will most likely go hostile.
Ah, I see now. The hostile state represent that NPCs spotted Jensen (and therefore they know what's going on) and the ghost bonus represent that you did the objective with NPCs going "wtf happened here, who the hell did all of it" afterwards, so knocking/killing guards is OK, as long as you aren't spotted.

That's certainly making things more manageble...we shall see how it turns out.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:09 AM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
If it goes hostile it stays red and alarm starts. I would have notice that. I have screwed a lot of times infront of camera or some enemy and I always have reloaded to do properly. One more question: do Picus missions part where you wait for elevator (of whatever it was) counts as alarm goes on or not? I disabled cameras but i fought enemies that came in that room.
The actual alarm that goes off after the meet with
doesn't count, but I'm pretty sure you still need to stay undetected while waiting for the funicular.
I effed up at Picus, when a body I left behind got spotted and triggered an alarm. I wouldn't have noticed it, but I was still close enough to hear the enemies go "What happend to you" and ended up reloading and hiding the body better.