Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CLOAK & DAGGER BUG: MISSING MCB GANG MEMBER

For me the missing MCB member is in a building that you can't access. I tried many things to make him move but nothing works. He's still stuck into that building. The nearer I can get from him is 9 meter, but there's noway to kill him as he is behind a wall. He's near the vent that leads to Jensen's appartment, in the building on the left when your back to the vent... please Eidos, do something !

I am new to this game and this is my first playthrough i havent ever heard of it untill it was recomended to me at eb games will there be another patch to fix this, currently he is underneath the floor but he changes positions in two locations and when he changes positions he returns to the kitchen.

I was thinking if maybe unpatching it would fix it and playing offline would fix it but when i check the game data utility, because i'm on ps3, it doesnt have a patch listed it just says additional content is this the patch?

There is patch for PS3:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=122888

But it doesnt fix this bug (it is not in the patch fix list).

I solved this problem by going back to apartment where gang members are (or were) and suddenly missing gang member appeared there.

i'm sure i already have this patch i was asking if i unpatched it and played without the patch will that work

I didnt understand you correctly with the patch sorry.

I dont know if it will work without patch I didnt try it. I have 360 version. I think it should be the same with this bug, because patch doesnt fix this bug.

It is 4-20-2012, there is no way in hell that they will release an SDK, or offer any more support for this game in the way of patching it. In my game, (PC steam/version) Double T doesn't even spawn in the room!

Mother-^$%*&# Piece of &^%#$ May your ^%$#*&%$ Your rotten little #@(*&!

I'm glad that I purchased this game via steam (Ten bucks!) so I didn't waste too much money, and gaming publishers like this are the precise reason I am an exclusive PC Gamer, because no matter how buggy a game, there will always be an unofficial mod to fix it, that is if the game is well liked enough!

BTW, I hate to cheat but looks like I'm forced to use the debugging mod...
    Last edited by TakezoDunmer2K5; 04-20-2012 at 01:02 AM.

I managed to find a workaround for this, with a little help from previous messages. This is was tested in PC (Steam) version and worked for me:
    -Go inside LIMB clinic, so the NPC relocates.
    -Back to the street, and climb the ladder on the left of the clinic (you'll need hacking level 4 to open the door)
    -Go ahead to DownTown apartments following the new objective marker.
    -Last MCB member should be in the kitchen waiting for you ;-)

NOTE1: Didn't try reaching Downtown Apartments walking by the street instead of climbing that ladder, so I don't really know if this is totally necessary.

NOTE2: Don't try to move Double-T when he is knocked-out, because he DIES and you'll fail the quest (yes, another f***ing bug...)

Cropped up on 360 for me. It's an unusually attractive mission, and in the history of such-- regards my encounters, anyway. One shouldn't have to use reincarnation to prevent an aesthetic delicacy from being bblundered away by exploration; not unless one darkly wants to discourage it.

It's December 2012, more than 1 year has passed from the first reports and still no fix.

Doesn't Eidos care about the consumers? Don't they want us to *play their games properly*?

I wouldn't even care if they removed the NPC or this part of the quest entirely so the rest could be completed. There's just no reasonable excuse to have a progress impeding bug for a more than a whole year!

Default ThankyouThankyouThankyou!!! :)

Thanks man, you've made my day!

Quote Originally Posted by Raylin View Post
    I encountered the same problem - I stunned all 5 gang members, including Double-T, but mission "Neutralize all MCB opposition" was still active and the marker position change to some point above a water tower outside the building. I tried every possible solution I've found on the forum (shooting at the marker using sniper rifle, entering different areas, loading a savegame before taking mission etc.), wasting several hours of playing, but nothing worked. Then I found this: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=121245
    This mod let you do many things, but the greatest thing is - it will allow you to finish this and any other bugged quest. How to do this?

First, download the mod I linked and unpack it where Tecman wrote you should. In this case installation of the mod is just placing the file to the proper directory. Now run the game as usually. Load your save and press Esc to enter pause menu. Under the "Options" there is new entry - "Debug menu". Press Enter to access it. Here your mouse won't work, use arrow keys to navigate. Choose "Shop-->Objective Library-->[in progress]Cloak and Daggers-->Primary Objective-->[in progress]Neutralize all MCB opposition", and press Enter. Then just choose the second "[not assigned]Return to Jenny" (there are two "Return to Jenny" entries, but you should be interested only in second at this time) press Enter and close debug menu using Esc a few times.
    That's all! The game realized that you've stunned/killed everyone in the apartment and mission continues in normal way, just like it would be if not the bug. I hope this will help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Raylin View Post
    I encountered the same problem - I stunned all 5 gang members, including Double-T, but mission "Neutralize all MCB opposition" was still active and the marker position change to some point above a water tower outside the building. I tried every possible solution I've found on the forum (shooting at the marker using sniper rifle, entering different areas, loading a savegame before taking mission etc.), wasting several hours of playing, but nothing worked. Then I found this: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=121245
    This mod let you do many things, but the greatest thing is - it will allow you to finish this and any other bugged quest. How to do this?

First, download the mod I linked and unpack it where Tecman wrote you should. In this case installation of the mod is just placing the file to the proper directory. Now run the game as usually. Load your save and press Esc to enter pause menu. Under the "Options" there is new entry - "Debug menu". Press Enter to access it. Here your mouse won't work, use arrow keys to navigate. Choose "Shop-->Objective Library-->[in progress]Cloak and Daggers-->Primary Objective-->[in progress]Neutralize all MCB opposition", and press Enter. Then just choose the second "[not assigned]Return to Jenny" (there are two "Return to Jenny" entries, but you should be interested only in second at this time) press Enter and close debug menu using Esc a few times.
    That's all! The game realized that you've stunned/killed everyone in the apartment and mission continues in normal way, just like it would be if not the bug. I hope this will help you.
    Thanks, worked great

ps. troublesome gang member in my case was is an apartment next door, which was inaccessible and he didn't came out even when I shoot the door and made him alert. This was the only option for me. Thanks again :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12