Eidos Forums  

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Deus Ex: Human Revolution > DX:HR Technical Forum

Notices

Old 08-30-2011, 06:49 AM
New Player

Default CLOAK & DAGGER BUG: MISSING MCB GANG MEMBER

Fix this fkn bug. Now.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:39 PM

BUMP. I refuse to continue on with the game until I can complete this quest. Please fix this Eidos.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:54 AM

Wasted hours playing this game up to this point, faced off against barrett before I could turn in this quest. Now I have to restart the whole thing? I'm returning this game. What a let down. On top of that, I buy it and the servers aren't even up to get the pre-order content. This feels like a rip from start to finish. And i was so looking forward to this being awesome. I'll find something else to stuff in my Xbox, something that doesn't suck.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:14 PM
New Player

find the other post in this forum about the solution to this bug
Old 09-04-2011, 04:29 PM
New Player

I ran into this bug yesterday, and none of the "fixes" work.

It has left me with a bitter taste in my mouth. I don't have the motivation to start all over again... I'm going to go back to playing other games, and wait for a patch.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:01 AM
New Player

I encountered the same problem - I stunned all 5 gang members, including Double-T, but mission "Neutralize all MCB opposition" was still active and the marker position change to some point above a water tower outside the building. I tried every possible solution I've found on the forum (shooting at the marker using sniper rifle, entering different areas, loading a savegame before taking mission etc.), wasting several hours of playing, but nothing worked. Then I found this: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=121245
This mod let you do many things, but the greatest thing is - it will allow you to finish this and any other bugged quest. How to do this?

First, download the mod I linked and unpack it where Tecman wrote you should. In this case installation of the mod is just placing the file to the proper directory. Now run the game as usually. Load your save and press Esc to enter pause menu. Under the "Options" there is new entry - "Debug menu". Press Enter to access it. Here your mouse won't work, use arrow keys to navigate. Choose "Shop-->Objective Library-->[in progress]Cloak and Daggers-->Primary Objective-->[in progress]Neutralize all MCB opposition", and press Enter. Then just choose the second "[not assigned]Return to Jenny" (there are two "Return to Jenny" entries, but you should be interested only in second at this time) press Enter and close debug menu using Esc a few times.
That's all! The game realized that you've stunned/killed everyone in the apartment and mission continues in normal way, just like it would be if not the bug. I hope this will help you.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:29 PM
Gamer

I encountered this bug too (Xbox 360).
Old 09-18-2011, 08:09 PM
New Player

That's too bad, I was enjoying the game so much I was going to buy it, then I hit this bug and no more joy. *I'm playing the Xbox360 version.*

I've tried every suggestion possible and nothing, I mean nothing, works. I even tried knocking out the last guy in the hall, then starting the quest except then there's TWO gang members ffaarr off in the distance. I've tried placing concussion mines to try and catch him when he re-appears back inside, but for whatever reason that doesn't work either. Even worse, if I go a certain distance away from the building he re-appears inside again! If I go back, however, he re-appears in the sky. The worst part is I did everything else and this was the last thing I had to do. Without being seen I'd manipulated the situation so I got several double-knockouts, I took time to get one of each gun and sell 'em, then repeat to get as much money as possible. I put a lot of time into getting to this point in the game and this quest just to get hosed because I adventured too much before doing a sidequest?!

If this doesn't get patched soon I'm just returning it, too many good games are coming out right now. I'm really mad because I really like this game.

Last edited by Casyle; 09-18-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:19 AM
New Player

I've encountered this bug on my pc too. Here's how i solved it:

When getting near the room, i get the mission update and notice that there are a total of six guys (including double-t) that i need to take out. I stand by the door and eliminate the first three in the kitchen/common room area. If one of them gets a shot of, double-t and his partner comes running out. I eliminate the bodyguard and knocks double-t out. Easy.

Now, the npc that is often misplaced, has been alerted aswell and seemingly he is running around one floor up, but you can't get there naturaly.

What I did was going back out to the fire ladder and jumped onto the rail. This way I could see that the misplaced npc was seemingly somewhere on the adjacent roof, looking for me. I threw a grenade unto that area and apparently it killed him. Mission complete.

Give it a try
Old 09-19-2011, 11:16 AM
New Player

He doesn't re-appear one floor above me or I'd try it, he appears 168m to 200m in the sky above and beyond the water tower and he teleports the minute I get close enough to cause the objective to start.

I was wrong about him re-appearing in the correct spot, I noticed the blue triangle pops back about 12m above, a bit back,in the garage door you can hack open in that last downtown appartment. Unfortunately nothing I've tried seems to alert him to get him to possibly try to run to me and pop out. Also, unfortunately, there's civilians behind me that go hostile if I start throwing grenades into that garage and shooting.

I think I can technically pass the quest, I just can't do it non-lethally and I'm trying to do a Pacifism run. For whatever reason if I shoot/kill any of the 5 knocked out gangmembers I appear to get the quest completed message, not 100% as I never read what popped up.

I've heard that you can come back to Detroit later with an upgrade for the tranquilizer,adjusts for shot drop for you or something like that and you get it around HighLand park, and that has helped a lot of people get this guy, but it doesn't help all of 'em and I really don't want to put that kind of time into the game based on a maybe, but I could still be hosed. Not to mention I'm not sure that would even help, 'cause as I said, he's not just on that building 90m away like some people got, he's floating in the freaking sky 168m - 170m away! *If on fire escape* I can't even see him through the tranquilizer scope or w/ Smart Eyes he's so far away, and I can't go to him because after a certain distance he pops somewhere above that openable garage.

Last edited by Casyle; 09-19-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:04 PM
New Player

I think that screenshot will be more informative in this situation.
My 6th gang guy every time located here (it's a second playthrough now, first was with funny spawn this guy from nowhere in the kitchen).

2Casyle
You may cancel this quest, when you will travel to China without "Failed" caption in your journal.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:46 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidfusioNz View Post
Fix this fkn bug. Now.
Since you ask so nicely I am sure they comply immediately.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:39 AM
New Player

I have this bug as well. Finally just went an hung out in the apartment after last patch and out of the blue he appeared in the kitchen. Now Jenny is nowhere to be found to turn in the quest. Quest is active but no MARKER for her on HUD in Detroit streets. Go into a building or something the marker appears but back out to the street no marker and NO Jenny!!
Old 09-25-2011, 01:27 AM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbajabba View Post
Since you ask so nicely I am sure they comply immediately.
I for one don't blame him for his anger and demand, it's infuriating to pay $50+ for a game only to find you can't do a quest(s) due to a quest(s) breaking bug(s). This is exactly why I rent more games than I buy now, these nasty quest/game breaking bugs seem to be popping up more and more.

Quote:
2Casyle
You may cancel this quest, when you will travel to China without "Failed" caption in your journal.
I apologize if I'm misunderstanding your intent. I shouldn't have to cancel the quest, I want the experience and rewards for completing the quest.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:15 AM
New Player

Lightbulb How i beat the bug

POSSIBLE WORKAROUND
Hello everyone,
i was stuck with the bug for about an hour until i noticed something. First of all a proper description of my initial bugged state:

- i was standing on the staircase to the gang building (the one with the 2 windows you can open), i had turned on the objective locators in the menu apparently and the missing mcb gang member was floating in the sky (you could not see his model or anything, just the locator high up in the sky).

So, whenever i went down, past the basketball court and down into the little vent which either leads to the police or your appartment building, i noticed that exiting the vent on either of these exits made the objective locator change, indicating a change of position of the mcb member. unfortunately, whenever i just crawled back, he would change back to the unreachable position high up in the sky.

now, to have him stay in the 'new' position, you have to stay on the far end side of the vent-system and then walk all the way around the map, through the railway-station, past the gas station and back to the basketball court. i tried this several times, it always worked. now, the gang member is still invisible and 'in' or 'on' some building, but for me at least not hundreds of meters up in the sky but rather close to the water tower, on about the same level of height as the highest staircase level. (if not, try and repeat: go through the vents again, look for change of objective indicator location and go through the station again, to make sure the guy stays in his new place)

for me he was reachable like others explained: climb up the staircase up to the highest level, jump onto the railing, and either use a frag grenade or the tranqualizer rifle with tracking system, if you try to go for a pacifist run (which is what i did. took about 6 shots at and close to the 'marker') but beware, you can't be sure that it does not screw up your pacifist, because as noted in other threads, sometimes gang members turn up dead by tranquilizer shots, and in this particular situation you can't make sure that it didn't kill him.

hope this helps some people, and if you have questions just let me know. maybe i can post some screenshots.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:04 PM
New Player

Doesn't work for me, unfortunately. While he changes positions whenever I go through those vents, he also changes positions when I leave/come via the gas station. There's literally no way for me to get to that fire escape without the 6th member teleporting out into the middle of the sky beyond the water tower. *Just got done trying the long way around with no luck*
Old 09-28-2011, 11:02 PM
New Player

Default Damn

Meh sorry about raising your hopes then. Hope for you youll find another way around... Others may still try though, as it worked for me twice... Good luck everyone
Old 09-29-2011, 12:52 AM
New Player

Thanks dehrplayer, gonna try when I arrive at home.

How many meters up in the sky over the water tower is your gang member before and after the workaround?

For me is 110-120 meters from the railing at the fire exit, too far away to fire a missile or tranquilizer dart. The weapons doesn't lock the objective, I hear the minimum distance should be 100 meters.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:57 AM
New Player

Default Re:

At firt it was the same for me, about 110-120m, after the relocation it was about 35-45m
Old 09-29-2011, 06:56 AM
New Player

Unfortunately it doesn't work for me.

Like you, my objective locator moves just when I exit the vent to my appartment or police station.

I tried your workaround step by step three times doing the whole walk through the railway then the gas station, and a few meters after the first appartment building in the path, at the next short and narrow street the objective locator changes again from 80-90 meters to 160 meters

I tried to go back and forward without success, walking slow... nothing. I tried to enter the second appartment building and the objective locator changes to the near position, but when I go out through the top or bottom exits the locator changes again to the far and unreachable position.

Thanks anyway! I gonna park the game, play others and hope the october title update solves it.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:31 AM
Gamer

Weapon Spoiler Locations to solve this problem:

OR

Here are youtube videos showing how to do so:
Old 10-03-2011, 10:14 AM
New Player

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by goombah84 View Post
What I did was going back out to the fire ladder and jumped onto the rail. This way I could see that the misplaced npc was seemingly somewhere on the adjacent roof, looking for me. I threw a grenade unto that area and apparently it killed him. Mission complete.
Thank you goombah84!
This made it.

I went outside, moved upstairs, jumped on the rail, and then I saw the guy on a roof, far from where he should be. Sniped it, mission accomplished!
Old 10-06-2011, 06:29 PM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epok__ View Post
Thank you goombah84!
This made it.

I went outside, moved upstairs, jumped on the rail, and then I saw the guy on a roof, far from where he should be. Sniped it, mission accomplished!
Did his blue triangle marker show he was on that roof? Or did it claim he was elsewhere while he was actually on the roof?
Old 10-28-2011, 04:16 PM
New Player

I have joined the club....
Ended up starting over to clear the bug.

It seems to happen to me if I get close enough to those two gangers to start their dialog then leave the area and do other things.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:41 PM
Gamer

Eidos please fix this bug, is too frequent and easy to solve. It hit me in my first run too.