Thread: C-R-A-S-H during "conversation" clicking!

Default C-R-A-S-H during "conversation" clicking!

I searched and searched for someone with the same issue as mine, but alas, nothing popped. So to all the trolls who will be feeding on this, be gentle eh?

Now, to the real issue. During the conversations with NPC's, when you have the option to "talk" to them, to convince them of things, or just doing side quests, you know, when the 4-square thing shows up on the bottom left with different options of talking, anyway, EVERY SINGLE TIME i click on the LEFT option, the game crashes. For example, *** SPOILER **. When sneaking in to the private investigators apartment to find out more info, when the guy is on the floor and a bad guy in front of him, once the bad guy is taken out and you start a conversation and he's asking you to find a first aid kit, when i click on the left option to agree and find the kit, the game crashes, now this happens EVERY single time i have a conversation with EVERY single NPC! Not just this scene. I tried EVERYTHING!
    -All driver are up to date
    -Started the game with admin priv.
    -Lowered the resolution, and changed all other settings.
    -Created a new user account
    -disabled Anti-virus and every other non-essential service in task manager
    -and a few more things I can't currently remember.

And yes, I bought the game through steam and it's patched.
    If ANYONE has the same issue, please respond so I know I'm not the only one.

Intel Core 2 duo 2.66 Ghz
    8 GB ram
    Nvidia 9800 GT
    Win 7 64bit

Thanks!

I have the same problem, but there are not much people with such problem.
    I have found only one: http://www.cheathappens.com/show_boa...&titleID=17309
    It`s very annoying bug, so PLS if someone find how to fix this - post it

I have the same problem and cant find a fix. Happens every time i click the left option

AMD Phenom II 6 core 3.2GHz
    4GB ram
    Gforce GTX470
    Windows 7 32 bit

The game is very very buggy depending on forum topics. But the reasons of this bugs are quite different.

Just wanted to bump this thread. I'm having the exact same problem. Always the left option. My specs are totally different than previous posters so I'm guessing it isn't hardware. I do have the Social Enhancer Aug if that makes a difference. Almost all of my other augs are in the hacking tree.

I have had the bug at the top of the Sarif tower when talking with Taggert, and now with the bouncer in front of the HIVE. Both times the left option crashed straight to desktop.

Anyone found a solution to this? I seem to have gotten past the first proper mission without experiencing this, but as soon as I'm back at Sarif and talking to Malik, every time I choose the left tree option I get a crash. Sooooo frustrating.

EDIT: Oooh, got meself a solution here! You just need to delete the executable file (dxhr.exe) from your Steam Apps folder (Steam/steamapps/common/deus ex - human revolution/). Then right click the game in Steam, choose properties, then local files then 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' it'll take a few minutes and then it'll need to redownload the exe, but it should work fine after that. I guess it must've picked up a dodgy patch.
    Last edited by archy_bold; 09-17-2011 at 03:17 AM.

Default Same Problem

I'm having the same problem. When I click on the left answer in any conversation, the game crashes and exits. Any other conversation response choice works fine. The problem is that at times in the game, you have no choice but to click on the left choice in order to exit the conversation.

I've tried all of the other fixes I could find:

renaming the .dll files
    reinstalling the game
    reinstalling drivers
    set graphics to lower resolution
    set graphics to lowest settings

Anyone have a fix yet to this?

Thanks

upload your save and I will get you past that point and resave if it will help you in the mean time.
    send me a PM if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by archy_bold View Post
    Anyone found a solution to this? I seem to have gotten past the first proper mission without experiencing this, but as soon as I'm back at Sarif and talking to Malik, every time I choose the left tree option I get a crash. Sooooo frustrating.

EDIT: Oooh, got meself a solution here! You just need to delete the executable file (dxhr.exe) from your Steam Apps folder (Steam/steamapps/common/deus ex - human revolution/). Then right click the game in Steam, choose properties, then local files then 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' it'll take a few minutes and then it'll need to redownload the exe, but it should work fine after that. I guess it must've picked up a dodgy patch.
    This fixed it for me. Nice one thanks

I'm having this same problem, but I can't have steam fix it. Is there another way to fix this, is there something I could just go and do or a download?

GUYS !!! I've found a solution ... to fix this bug , all you need to do is Update your game (my game build was 1.2.630 , updated to 1.2.633 & it WORKS! )

There is a solution. I tried everything before I decided to try the easiet thing which actually worked:

-> deleted *dll / *exe files
    -> revalidated the cache
    ->played with steam offline
    ->reinstalled the game
    -> found old deus ex exe file on internet and used it for some time

to no avail - my game kept on crashing on choosing the left dialogue option

What worked was updating by drivers - I have an NVIDIA graphic card and I read a thread about old drivers causing the game to crash - installed new drivers, deleted deus ex exe file, revalidated the cache and it works!!!

Guys, i fixed it. Update the game and everything will go smoothly.

I am having this problem as well, and none of the fixes listed here have helped. My game will not launch with the newest version of the .exe file, so validating the cache doesnt work because the game just wont launch. I downloaded an earlier version of the .exe file and the game launches, but now I am experiencing the left dialogue crash issue.

Like I said I've tried all fixes listed in this thread, and in many other threads around the internet. The last thing I did was update my drivers, but to no avail.

One idea I had was I read that pirated versions of the game had this same problem. Maybe the earlier version of the game I downloaded was a pirated version? Could that be it?

Any ideas on what to do?

The action is extremely extremely push chair depending on forum subjects. However the reasons with this insects may be various.
    Final Fantasy XIV CD Key
    D3 Radiant Star Amethyst

Well. I am so happy in here.
    so great as it is! yes.
    fifa 15 ultimate coins fifa 15 coins