Eidos Forums  

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Deus Ex: Human Revolution > DX:HR Technical Forum

Notices

Old 08-29-2011, 07:49 PM
Gamer

Default Captain Penn's password

I'm doing the Motherly whatever mission, and I need to get into Captain Penn's computer to get information, but I haven't upgraded my hacking. I've searched the police station up and down for a pda with his password, but I've come up with nothing. I read somewhere that it's behind a bookcase, but I don't think that's true.

I don't think I'll be able to come back after I've gotten another praxis point to upgrade my hacking, because I've already completed all the other missions.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:41 AM
Gamer

It's okay. I was able to acquire an explosive mission pack code, so I was able to just use a multitool.
Way to give the players "choice" there, guys. One choice. The choice to upgrade that aug or not be able to finish that mission.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:49 PM
New Player

The password is hidden behind a bookcase :P well thats where i found it.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:40 PM
Gamer

I did say that I read "behind a bookcase" somewhere, but I looked all over. I'm inclined not to believe that unless you'll be more specific.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:48 AM
Gamer

Same here, I am trying to do a no hack run (or hack level 1 only), and I also read about a bookcase but couldn't find it. It is the only quest left before leaving Heng Sha and I already searched several times the police station.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:17 PM
New Player

Someone said it might be in an apartment but after searching them a couple times Im almost ready to give up. The only apartment that I havent searched is the one that is initially locked to you but it doesnt make sense for it to be in there since you cant access it.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:10 PM
New Player

http://wikicheats.gametrailers.com/D...B360/Passcodes

this has every passcode for the game or just about no spoilers just codes

the pass is apophenion if you dont wanna look for it
Old 09-04-2011, 10:36 PM
Gamer

Thanks for that. It seems really weird that they would make it so the side-quests actually require you to have upgraded the hack aug, in a game that's supposed to be about choice. I guess the only choice is whether or not you'll be able to complete side-quests. That is, unless you pre-ordered and got the Exclusive Pack. (oops, I mean Explosive Pack!)
Old 09-05-2011, 04:34 AM
Gamer

I already knew the password, but if there is a page like this, it means that it is in the game right?
Old 09-05-2011, 12:33 PM
New Player

I bought the guide and it lists all the passwords (strangly enough it also indicates that some doors dont have passcodes and must be hacked but they do) and I believe thats where the page comes from. I believe the developers specifically put the passwords in the game so that people could cheat and not have to hack. It really bothered me because I also assumed that if it exists it must be findable.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:04 PM
Gamer

Yeah, it's pretty bad. At least, for the subquest in the Hive, it's a code so it's findable (I remembered trying every number for the code of the mirror's smuggler in the first one ^^) but a password is really not the same, and besides there isn't a reference to the name of the character like for others cops.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:37 PM
New Player

Even for codes some are not findable. For example in Detroit the doors leading to Tindalls, Omalleys and the storage locker east of the Sarif building. For Tindalls and Omalleys its not an issue since they are lvl 1 hacks but the locker is a lvl 3.

By findable I guess you mean guessable in that you can try all the numbers....i guess thats one way to look at it...I just wish the devs had either put them in to be found or left them out completly so we wouldnt be bashing our heads into brick walls trying to track down the codes.